Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone noticed this?

Banned

Default Re: Anyone noticed this?

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Glenn and Don could have not went the Pete Best way "Telling the band manager to let a guy know we don't want him working with us anymore." Ihmo it was a cowardly move. It could have been handled alot better then it was.
    If it was good enough for The Beatles...
    From what I remember of History Of The Eagles, Glenn's ultimatum was personally fired at a Felder representative, so Felder wasn't looking for direct communication either.

I'm not surprised that Felder's upbringing is a bit of a sob story. Some people only ever see themselves as victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I'm not surprised that Felder's upbringing is a bit of a sob story. Some people only ever see themselves as victims.
    It's because he is. He was screwed over and disrespected. End of.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    It's because he is. He was screwed over and disrespected. End of.
    I'm sorry but 'end of' can be used from the other perspective too. He was a troublemaker & they fired him. End of.

Both arguments are as valid as each other at this distance.
    Last edited by Freypower; 06-24-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Border Desperado

If this is an Eagles board, I don't see why there should be attacks and animosity to ANY of the seven Eagles. All seven of them contributed to make this band the most successful American band of the 20th century...and perhaps for all time. It's obviously a band we all love or you wouldn't waste time on this message board!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles7 View Post
    If this is an Eagles board, I don't see why there should be attacks and animosity to ANY of the seven Eagles.!
    Felder, who's career is sort of a premium Eagles tribute act, wrote a book that was very unkind to his former band mates and also dragged them through court.

He deserves it. The other 6 I'm happy to defend.

People saying Felder deserved it he was a trouble maker etc are No better then Felder fans trashing Glenn and Don. Felder fans jump to a conclusion and defend him everytime the lawsuit is brought up and then there are Glenn and Don fans taking everyword they say as truth and attack anyone who says something nrgative about them and dont see there faults either. Its a classic case of my side your side and the truth. Untill the actual lawsuit and trial papers are made public this feud will continue. Unless one side tells the truth. Right now all we have is Felder's side with his book and the HOTE doc. Untill the lawsuits documents are made public this bickering will continue. Back on topic please

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'm sorry, but once again, I have to take issue with some of these arguments. While it is certainly true that we will never know all of the facts surrounding Felder’s departure, it’s also true that we know a lot more than just what was in Felder’s book and the HOTE documentary. There are many other books, interviews, and social media sites, etc. that also shed a lot of insight about the situation. Once again, for anyone who really is interested in what is actually known and not known, I would suggest that you read through the threads in this forum, as well as the HOTE doc thread in the Eagles forum. As I’ve said before, biases on both sides are well represented, but I find the threads to be very informative.

Speaking for myself, as I have previously stated many times, I have been following Felder’s dismissal from almost the time that it happened so I’ve done my homework. While I certainly would never proclaim to know everything, I do believe I am pretty well informed. For the record, I believe that all parties involved bear responsibility for the entire unfortunate saga. I have to admit, I take offense to accusations that I blindly defend ‘the Gods’ no matter what because I have formed my opinions and beliefs about Felder based on known facts and what he himself has said and done throughout the years, not what others have said about him. The same holds true for the other band members. And as far as the comment ‘unless one side tells the truth’ all I can say is that everyone has their own version of the truth, so that’s why I find it best to form my opinions based only on well-rounded, substantiated, and reliable information. And as I said earlier, I only participate in the discussions now when I feel information is being misstated or misrepresented.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I apologize for sounding harsh but this situation is not only relevant to the Eagles but to Guns N Roses as well. Axl Roses always told the truth and people still did not believe him and always were attacking him and wanting Slash back and saying he cant sing and CD is not Guns N Roses etc. I apologize if you were offended.

My final point is until the lawsuit files are made public it still is a classic case of he said I said and the truth. Most people generally don't follow it as long. Sorry again

Border Desperado

Well, it is good to do some reading / research and objective thinking before digging your feet into the sand. I feel like there are some people who just slam Felder and his book when they haven't even taken the time to read the book. It is not a tell -all...there's much more that he and all of them could tell on each other and didn't. He calls the book his autobiography, and at least the first third is all about his life growing up , his music influences and him starting to play music before he ever was an Eagle. Quite a bit deals with His marriage and he includes his flaws, as well.

While we don't know the details of the settlement, we do know that there was an Equal 5-way partnership set up after On The Border. Two parts were relinquished after Bernie and Randy left, so then there was a 3 way partnership. A number of bands set up equal partnerships like that. I've tried to imagine if I was in an equal partnership and then my 2 partners decided to reconfigure our pay and the business without conferring with me and then wouldn't be open with the figures and then fired me (how do you do that if it's an equal partnership?) what is my recourse?

Glenn and Irvin pretty much confirmed that when Glenn said he wouldn't do a reunion unless he and Don made more money . He also said he told Felder's lawyer he represented the only asshole and if he didn't sign by the end of the day for WHFO, he was fired.

You can't just ignore the terms of a contract. The only solution after that seemed to be a lawsuit. They counter sued to stop Felder's book.

It's sad that it came to that, but lawsuits happen, they are resolved and then you move on. Don Hendley sued David Geffen at least once, maybe twice, but I think moved on from that.

I read a quote from Glenn saying that everybody said that he and Don caused all the trouble, but he said Don Felder and Joe Walsh caused trouble too. I'm sure there was enough to spread it around.

I was always a number one Glenn fan, but I have to say HOTE,which they constructed, showed Glenn and Don's musical brilliance, as well as the contributions of all the Eagles. However, it did not paint Glenn, and to some degree Don in the best light as far as inter-personal skills. We know there was a period when they didn't even get along with each other. After viewing that and reading Felders book. I found myself swayed more toward Felder's side. When I saw a quote from Bill Szymezyk saying that "Felder's book was true about the stories and the animosities, he did not exaggerate that much", I figured Bill would be a fairly objective source.

Sounds like over time, Felder has put most of that behind him. I am sorry that Glenn did not get to a better resolve because life is way to short to have negativity in your life.

Anyway, we all have our different views and our sides and our favorites, but it's hard to hear people slamming one of the Eagles when the Eagles wouldn't be the great band they were without the contributions of ALL seven Eagles. I love and respect them all, and that's what I wish everyone could agree on.