Page 42 of 148 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Nancy can chime in on the M&G in Columbus. I did the M&G in DC and it was AWESOME. Mick couldn't have been better. He was sweet, funny and still incredibly tall. He even smelled good heh. There was a little girl in our group and he was so cute with her and even let her sit at his drum kit for a few photos. He took us up on stage as a group and told us about how the group reconvened and how FM is a family (they may not like each other at the end of the day but they will always love each other). We then got individual photos (Mine is HERE) and then got about 20 minutes of Q&A and autographs. I got to ask him how he got CMV to come all the way to Hawaii when she's terrified of flying and has barely left England in a decade.

It was worth every penny for the package and getting to spend the show RIGHT in front of Stevie. Yes, lots are complaining about a lack of change to the setlist but I didn't even get to see them last tour so seeing them now and seeing Sisters of the Moon was amazing.

I took a ton of pics. Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to get them all up on Facebook (as well as further away pics from the Philly show I also went to).

EDIT: I forgot - the M&G was delayed by soundcheck but we got to listen to several songs as consolation including Second Hand News and The Chain.
    Last edited by prayfordaylight; 04-11-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Very cool, PFD!

Sorry I haven't put mine up yet but I am working on it! So, how did Mick get Christine to Hawaii?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Sounds amazing, pfd. And wow what a great pic of you and Mick! He is tall, but I knew that! Next to you.....really tall!

I'm still biting my nails.......there are tickets out there for outrageous prices, that I'm not buying. Can't believe there aren't any dropped yet.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Sounds amazing, pfd. And wow what a great pic of you and Mick! He is tall, but I knew that! Next to you.....really tall!

I'm still biting my nails.......there are tickets out there for outrageous prices, that I'm not buying. Can't believe there aren't any dropped yet.
    I'm 5'3" (maybe 5'4" with my shoes on). He's still definitely 6'6!

I hope you can find something! It's strange that nothing has dropped. Even Philly which was "SOLD OUT" had a fair amount of drops in the last few days.
    -Ali

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Very cool, PFD!

Sorry I haven't put mine up yet but I am working on it! So, how did Mick get Christine to Hawaii?
    Chris loved Hawaii when she lived in CA and really wanted to go back. She told Mick she wanted to visit and he thought she was kidding. She said she was serious. So Mick told her that when he was going to the UK in February to do press, he'd hold her hand the entire way to Hawaii and he did. She stayed for 3 weeks. He never asked her to do the gig either. He said that when she declared she was done in '98, he acknowledged her wishes and didn't ask her again. She asked him if she could tag along (Steven Tyler may have been pushing a little though).

He also mentioned that she stopped in LA and went to rehearsals.

What I should've asked was how the hell she got back to England.
    -Ali

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I guess I need to ask where Stevie stands on stage since I've never seen them. I'd prefer to be closest to her if I ever find tickets!

A bit to the left of center, right?

Cool story, pfd!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Yes - She basically stands in between where Glenn and Tim would be in an Eagles show. Fingers crossed for you!

I guess I need to ask where Stevie stands on stage since I've never seen them. I'd prefer to be closest to her if I ever find tickets!

A bit to the left of center, right?

Cool story, pfd!
    Yup - center section, slightly to the left. My seat was Seat #2 and basically 2-4 were right in front of her.
    -Ali

Brooke, forgive me for hoping you go to Chicago without tickets, but I want to see what kind of seats you get if you do it!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

We've gotten our photos from the Mick Fleetwood VIP Meet'n'Greet. Here are mine:

Since it was the first night and ground(ctrl) - the company organizing it - sucks, things were disorganized. However, once we got in to see Mick, we got to get our pictures taken with him and get something signed, as well as have a Q&A. I asked him about the new music and told him fans wanted not just a few songs, but a whole album of new material! He said they hoped the would get us a full album eventually. What he didn't say but that we all know is that Stevie is the holdout, so I hope she comes to her senses. I hear now he's stopped personalizing autographs at the M&G's - BOO - so I was lucky to get his very rare solo album The Visitor signed "To Nancy."

My seat was in the second row, but Fleetwood Mac allows people up to the stage. Since there were so many hardcores opening night, I knew I would have to be fast to get a good space at the stage. As soon as the lights went down, I was off like a shot and a got a primo spot at the stage right in between Lindsey and Stevie's mics (closer to Lindsey's, but that's fine with me since he was so flirty with we girls up there lol).

The show was INCREDIBLE. There were opening night nerves and a few mistakes, but the magic was there! Plus, they pulled out an unreleased Buckingham Nicks demo "Without You" from 1971 and played it! It would be like hearing the Eagles break into "Get Up Kate"! I about died! They also played a very uptempo new song "Sad Angel" which I really enjoyed, and it seemed the audience was very into it as well. They dusted off "Sisters of the Moon" last performed in 1982 which was also thrilling, and were back to doing "Silver Springs" with the emotion it deserves. Yeah, the banter was rehearsed, but I don't care. I came to hear them rock and rock they did.

There is a level of intensity you get standing at the feet of the band, dancing the night away, that you just don't get when you're sitting in chair - even a chair in the front row. I was pretty much in a frenzy the whole night, but especially when Lindsey played guitar standing over me or looking right into my eyes as he sang (OK, that only happened a couple times, but still!) Love!!!

The only thing I didn't like was that Stevie wore those stupid sunglasses during most of the show. Thank goodness she took them off towards the end so we could see her beautiful expressive eyes as she sang! BTW, she and Lindsey both look great.

Here's a couple videos from the show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-Sd0T-ZVik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm3x...WZHPsQ&index=1

I didn't take any video myself but I know I can always count on my fellow Mac fans!

I'm going to see them at JazzFest but it won't be the same there - a shortenened setlist and standing behind a couple hundred VIPs. No, I've got to see another show!

I LOVE FLEETWOOD MAC!