Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagles at LA Forum January 15th, 17th and 18th, 2014

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Eagles at LA Forum January 15th, 17th and 18th, 2014

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3676767.html

Reportedly, the Forum will reopen January 15th, and the band will play three shows. No specific dates yet!!!

Edited post: Dates Announced: Jan 15th, 17th and 18th!!!

http://www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com/news/2013/the-madison-square-garden-company-announces-plans-for-the-revitalization-of-the-forum.html

Ticketing information will be announced shortly.
    Last edited by Henley Honey; 07-30-2013 at 05:48 PM. Reason: dates!!

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

Default Re: Eagles At LA Forum in January 2014

Can't wait for the boys to come home, to the Fabulous Forum no less!
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Boy, those will be some HOT tickets in demand!!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

It is on the front page of the front section of today's LA Times -

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...2933.htmlstory

The relevant sentence is grammatically incorrect and confusing, but I think it says the Eagles will play the opening date on January 15??? That could just be the opening date for the new Forum, but it is pretty specific about the date and the Eagles playing 3 shows...

Whee!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    It is on the front page of the front section of today's LA Times -

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...2933.htmlstory

The relevant sentence is grammatically incorrect and confusing, but I think it says the Eagles will play the opening date on January 15??? That could just be the opening date for the new Forum, but it is pretty specific about the date and the Eagles playing 3 shows...

Whee!!!!
    Joe and Glenn talking at the press conference:http://www.tout.com/m/xhflg8

so often times it happens that we live our life in chains and we never even know we have the key.

Default Re: Eagles at LA Forum January 15th, 17th and 18th, 2014

Awesome! Thanks for being on the ball, HH!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border ThePerfectBeast's Avatar

Default Eagles at The Forum

Hi all ,

I was thinking of trying to go to this event , however I hear that this part of L.A is not so nice and would be a bit concerned as a first timer to L.A

What are peoples opinions? I'd be needing a taxi from the venue back to the hotel....
    "The great unconscious urban masses , with narrow minds and spreading asses..."

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Perfect Beast, I have attended many concerts and LA Kings hockey games at the Forum. Everyone who lives in greater Southern California has gone to shows there. In no way should you let the neighborhood deter you, especially if you are taking a cab and don't have a car to walk to. Granted, it is a little sketchy looking, but nothing that would keep me from seeing the Eagles if I had the opportunity. Just imagine that so many celebrities and Eagles' family members will be there on the same night. You just drive right into the parking lot, it's not like you'll be hanging out on the streets at 3 a.m. looking to buy drugs or something. You'll be fine, better than fine!!! We could probably organize a private Border shuttle from and back to someone's hotel - there will be enough of us that it will be worth it...

Out on the Border ThePerfectBeast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Perfect Beast, I have attended many concerts and LA Kings hockey games at the Forum. Everyone who lives in greater Southern California has gone to shows there. In no way should you let the neighborhood deter you, especially if you are taking a cab and don't have a car to walk to. Granted, it is a little sketchy looking, but nothing that would keep me from seeing the Eagles if I had the opportunity. Just imagine that so many celebrities and Eagles' family members will be there on the same night. You just drive right into the parking lot, it's not like you'll be hanging out on the streets at 3 a.m. looking to buy drugs or something. You'll be fine, better than fine!!! We could probably organize a private Border shuttle from and back to someone's hotel - there will be enough of us that it will be worth it...
    Thanks for the reply , it's all just a bit daunting first time out and I only know about L.A from the internet!!

lol "Border Shuttle" sounds awesome !

Anyone else got travel tips for L.A ? It would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by ThePerfectBeast; 08-01-2013 at 09:20 AM.
    "The great unconscious urban masses , with narrow minds and spreading asses..."

I haven't gotten a seat for Friday yet-So far Wednesday and Saturday.

I'm not sure how many seats the rows in section B have. I will be, if nothing else, only 4 seats from the aisle on Timmy's side so I'm more than happy. I wish they still had the plat seats listing available then I could tell just where it might be for sure.

But you are right I scored big this morning. Ever since the pre-sale started all I could pull was Section A or E row 3 and those sections to me are not worth the price.

I thought I was dreaming when Section B popped up because this is the first time since the pre-sale started I was offered anything for either night in that section. Come Saturday when the general sale starts I will only have to worry about one show which takes a lot of the pressure off.

Good Luck to you. I got my tix at 5:30 a.m.

Carol-Lynn