Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Voice June 17

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: The Voice June 17

I received 3 text from different people last night as this was happening so I had to look it up this morning. I guess I'll have to be the odd man out here. As I was telling Austin earlier on FB, it was just ok to me. I listened a couple of times and it just didn't seem right or do much for me. But to be fair, I pretty much feel that way about any cover of an Eagles song.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Bob Seger just tweeted that he'll be performing on the next show in a duet with the Swon Brothers.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I received 3 text from different people last night as this was happening so I had to look it up this morning. I guess I'll have to be the odd man out here. As I was telling Austin earlier on FB, it was just ok to me. I listened a couple of times and it just didn't seem right or do much for me. But to be fair, I pretty much feel that way about any cover of an Eagles song.
    Ok, to start off, let me clear something up. I was told recently that the only time I post in here is to complain and criticize, so this is NEITHER. It's only MY opinion.

Back in the mid 90's, Travis Tritt got a group of big-name country artists and recorded Common Threads, Songs of the Eagles, and we know the results of that album.

Vince Gill did ICTYW and it was almost a perfect cover as his voice is similiar to TBS. Though I enjoy the album and all the covers, this one song is as close to flawless as it can get.

Willie, have mercy on me<G>.
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pueblo47 View Post
    Ok, to start off, let me clear something up. I was told recently that the only time I post in here is to complain and criticize, so this is NEITHER. It's only MY opinion.

Back in the mid 90's, Travis Tritt got a group of big-name country artists and recorded Common Threads, Songs of the Eagles, and we know the results of that album.

Vince Gill did ICTYW and it was almost a perfect cover as his voice is similiar to TBS. Though I enjoy the album and all the covers, this one song is as close to flawless as it can get.

I love Vince Gill, so it stands to reason I like his version of ICTYW. I didn't hear the one from last night, yet.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by pueblo47 View Post

And I am very THANKFUL that Travis did that for the obvious reason. I have never bought the album tho I've thought about it a couple of times but can't seem to bring myself to do it.

I just went and listened to Vince's version of it on YouTube- not bad. I actually like it better than this one last night. But it's still not Timothy. I don't know how to explain it but these other 2 versions seem to be too "hard"? Timothy's voice is so soft and soothing so I think it's hard for anyone else to get it like that. Does that make sense?

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I love the Swon Brothers and I really liked their performance of 7BR a couple of weeks ago. But like TBF, I thought ICTYW was just ok, the harmonies were good, but the solo portions not so much, so ....
    TBF - you are not alone!

And everyone was at my desk this morning wanting to know what I thought of the ICTYW performance since they know what a huge Eagles fan I am. After I told them it was ok, we played both the Swon Bros. & Eagles performances from YT. MY co-workers then could tell the difference. I know it is not fair to compare them but I had to show my co-workers what the song really sounds like. Timothy sings it so smooth - just like butter!! Now that song is going to be in my head ALL day!! So it will be a great day!!

BTW one of my co-workers said ICTYW was one of his favorite songs but he didn't know it was an Eagles song! I will forgive him since he is so young but I am going to bring him some of my Eagles cds!

Quote Originally Posted by desperado View Post
    hi sad café, where is the hearing eagles song thread?
    The thread is called "Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly" It is under the Eagles discussion area ( This one)
    I also posted 7 Bridges Road in there, which they did
    I am at work now so I can't transfer them over here!

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    And I am very THANKFUL that Travis did that for the obvious reason. I have never bought the album tho I've thought about it a couple of times but can't seem to bring myself to do it.

I just went and listened to Vince's version of it on YouTube- not bad. I actually like it better than this one last night. But it's still not Timothy. I don't know how to explain it but these other 2 versions seem to be too "hard"? Timothy's voice is so soft and soothing so I think it's hard for anyone else to get it like that. Does that make sense?
    It makes sense to me, because that's what I thought, too. The guy has a good voice, but he didn't sing the song tenderly enough, like Timothy does.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

So I got curious and just went in and watched the video TK posted of 7BR and I'll say that was awesome! Obviously they are very talented but I think they could of picked a better Eagles song then ICTYW to do last night after hearing what they could do with 7BR. JMO.

because Timothy B can not be replaced!!!

Still they did better than the other two contestants. AND they must love the Eagles because they have done two of their songs!