Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seek Or Et

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Seek Or Et

Awww - a huge to all of you! Thanks so much ... you all really know how to make a girl feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and I REALLY mean that. It's not always fun to be a moderator on these boards when you have to deal with the unpleasant stuff, but you all make it all worth it.

Seriously, my love for this band and their fans in this community far outweighs any negatives that come along. Ticky is right about how other fan boards have suffered or died because of trolls, so we will try to do our best to deal with them here.

Willie - Soda is the expert techie, but I can tell you that the board wasn't hacked. It had something to do with some permissions setting on the user profile that she was working in. However, the problem has been fixed and shouldn't cause any similar incidences.

And OBTW - I'm with you gals that believes Mike enjoys freckle-counting even though Eagles may not be his preferred species!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

One, Two, Three, Seven

MikeA

Thanks guys! While this has been upleasant to deal with, it all could have been a lot worse. Hopefully "Person A" has tired of spending so much time creating new e-mails, fake IDs, and trouble-making posts and will now return to that magnificent life they claim they have. If they come back, though, we'll continue to deal with them with you guys' support.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

aaawwww, NUTS. I liked the mystery and intrigue....why is it that there's always one (or a few) whackjobs compensating for something that have to screw things up for everybody else?!? Guess that's a good life lesson kiddies...anarchy abides everywhere...

Thanks to you who do yer voodoo so we can come and enjoy our Eagles
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5316660629_4a27633c34.jpg
    Good morning my ...
    ~Deb~

Stuck on the Border

Thanks to everybody for their words of support. You, the members, make this board the wonderful place it is. Soda is the ribbon on the package!!! Seriously, as you all know she is a great deal more than that.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement. We as moderators try to do the best we can to make this a great board for everyone to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    One, Two, Three, Seven

Very nice Mike! That's a guitar I wouldn't mind owning. I've put some pin up decals on a couple of mine. Some I can't show here, but my Tele has a nice one of a 50s pin up.

As far as the secret, all I can say is this is a great site for learning about and praising the Eagles and I want it to continue. I've made lots of friends here and feel at home. Thanks to everyone here for being a friend! Hopefully everything will calm down and be back to normal soon. I was out of the loop for a long while.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Whoa! Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    Whoa! Did I miss something?
    Not really. "They" were talking about counting freckles again.

MikeA

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I read the thread the other day but didn't realise that this was the 'response'. Let me just say that I really saw NOTHING that any Mod should have feared being posted. Obviously there are issues that only they would discuss.
    But once again, let me reiterate that all the Mods do a fantastic job and IMHO anyone is given the benefit of the doubt. Only serious trouble makers seem to be cautioned.
    Nancy and co! Thanks for the wondeful job y'all do in making this a safe and fun board that I am so proud to be a member of! Love y'all!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP