Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Default Re: Movies

I haven't seen Iron Man 3 yet...why haven't I seen it yet?!?!

Hubby and our older son went to Iron Man 3 last week and haven't stopped raving.

Personally I refuse to spend the money to go to a movie theater and am perfectly content to wait until it comes out on DVD. That being said, I recently had my own movie marathon at home...Silver Linings Playbook (intense but really good), Safe Haven (a bit of a letdown after having read the book) and Road Trip (absolutely hysterical, a real LOL flick).
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

What's road trip?

My friend who's seen Iron Man 3 is totally into it as well. I plan to see it ASAP, along with the latest Star Trek movie and Man of Steel when it comes out.

So many good blockbusters this summer!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Yep, I'd like to see Iron Man 3 and Star Trek, too. Pure escapism for a couple of hours!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Last night I did a double-header: first Star Trek: Into Darkness and then Iron Man 3.

I found both of them to be exciting and entertaining.

As a long-time Trek fan, I was disappointed by some elements of the latest movie - canon inconsistencies are a given as are plot holes, but the worst part was some brazenly derivative material in the second half that made me cringe. That said, it had great action sequences and it definitely kept me on the edge of my seat! It's worth the money.

Iron Man 3
    was also very exciting, but I think it would have been cooler if they'd used the suit a bit more. And can I say Gwyneth Paltrow must have been doing some hard-core working out because her abs were better defined than most men's! There were plot holes but they managed to surprise me several times which is unusual in these types of movies. I liked that! Lots of laughs, too.

Thanks for posting your thoughts, Soda!

I just saw The Great Gatsby in 3D at the cinema. I really enjoyed it; the cinematography was fantastic and I really felt like I was pulled into the story. It was maybe a little long, but I thought they did a great job with it. Leo was brilliant, as usual.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I've just been introduced to The Thin Man series from the 1930s and I love it! Yes, the movies are dated, but that's part of the fun. The humor is still sharp and has held up surprisingly well; I laughed out loud several times. The second movie actually surprised me - I figured I knew who the killer was but I was totally off on the motivation. Even if you're not into old movies, check these out!

anyone see 12 years a slave?

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I've just been introduced to The Thin Man series from the 1930s and I love it! Yes, the movies are dated, but that's part of the fun. The humor is still sharp and has held up surprisingly well; I laughed out loud several times. The second movie actually surprised me - I figured I knew who the killer was but I was totally off on the motivation. Even if you're not into old movies, check these out!
    OH Soda...I am a huge old movie fan...and I love The Thin Man movies...William Powell and Myrna Loy are awesome together aren't they?