Page 14 of 78 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Corona Virus

Our governor issued a Stay at Home order until June 10th this past Monday - although I'm dreading it to some extent, I think it was the right move. I think it is helpful for people to know what's ahead so they can plan accordingly. I think the extended date is much better than setting incremental dates that are moving targets. And he can always rescind the order if things improve quicker than the current projections.

BTW - Since there are multiple threads on this subject in this forum, I'm going to move this thread to 'Wonder at the Powers That Be'. At this point, that's probably where it should be.

**ETA: Thread moved.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I am sure Gov. DeWine (now an international superstar along with Dr. Amy Acton) will extend the "stay at home" order until April 30th tomorrow. The Ohio Attorney General is going after businesses that haven't shut down to challenge them as to why they think they're "essential." Number one on his list? Hobby Lobby! Go, Yost, go!

Our business is essential, at least until the primary is through. There are only four of us actually in the office, everyone else is working remotely from home. I have lots to say about what we worked on today, but I will be diplomatic and say nothing. <insert eye roll> The Ohio Secretary of State was sued today by the League of Women Voters and the ACLU for the way he's finishing the March 17th Primary. I fear this will never end.

Adam Schlesinger from Fountains of Wayne died today from Covid 19.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/enter...ead/index.html

Fountains of Wayne did "Stacy's Mom" in 2003. Adam Schlesinger also co-wrote the title track to Tom Hanks' "That Thing You Do."

Jazz great Ellis Marsalis, Jr (dad of Branford and Wynton) has succumbed to Covid 19.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...8oh?li=BBnbfcL

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I’ve Always Been a Dreamer: is that a typo or has your governor actually extended your lockdown into June?!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

So far our Govenor hasn't issued a 'shelter in place' order. I don't really agree with him on this. Most people are staying home as much as possible. I'm still working, but we did put a sign on our door to please pay their bills online, by phone or put in our drop box. The people that did come in yesterday were elderly people that should have been staying home! Don't quite understand them!

So far, my county hasn't had any cases. The case from my mom's nursing home, which is in another county, went to a hospital in my county though. Missouri has now had only 18 deaths and 1834 confirmed cases. I sure hope that stays low.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Ohio is now "stay at home" until May 1st.

Border Rebel

Indiana schools will stay closed for the remainder of the school year.

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I’ve Always Been a Dreamer: is that a typo or has your governor actually extended your lockdown into June?!
    No NMB - That isn't a typo. Our governor is a former physician so that may contribute to him being so cautious. Nevertheless, as I said before, I support his decision.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016