Page 288 of 302 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Kim, I agree with what everyone else has said. Keep going through the difficult times, I'm sure it will be worth the initial struggle. I know from my own experiences at university that the earliest weeks are by far the toughest, there was one point after a few weeks where it felt like being on a treadmill that was being turned up to go faster and faster with each passing week while I was still adjusting to life away from home for the first time.

One thing that really helped me through this time was music - I was exploring the catalogue of a certain country-influenced American rock band (hmm, can't think which one ), whose music helped me a lot along with some of my other favourites.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Wishing you the best of luck with school too Kim. It is hard the first day, or in my case having the first day twice as I had to take a couple years off of college for work and changed my major, but it's worth it and it will get easier.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Dang it, I've missed a couple pages. I went back and read everything but trying to remember everything is tough. Hope everyone is doing well. Thoughts/well wishes/prayers to everyone that needs it.

-----

I'm stable health-wise for the time being. Just had my 6 month post op checkup on my hip replacements and they are doing great. Looking forward to this summer even though I have no vacation plans.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Thanks everyone. Anxiety just had me about ready throw in the towel. I'm feeling better today. I took yesterday off to regroup and to rest after an IBS flare-up which was caused by the anxiety. One class I have, First Year Experience, is designed to help new students transition into college. I had my first class in that course this afternoon. A few others are taking that class this summer, so we can support each other. I've gotten used to the online class website, so that's a plus. I still think that 6 classes is too much, but I'll just have to do my best because the add/drop period has ended.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Thanks everyone. Anxiety just had me about ready throw in the towel. I'm feeling better today. I took yesterday off to regroup and to rest after an IBS flare-up which was caused by the anxiety. One class I have, First Year Experience, is designed to help new students transition into college. I had my first class in that course this afternoon. A few others are taking that class this summer, so we can support each other. I've gotten used to the online class website, so that's a plus. I still think that 6 classes is too much, but I'll just have to do my best because the add/drop period has ended.
    Kim, 18 hours is a lot, but you're up to the challenge. Hang in there: once you get into the swing of things, you are going to excel. Trust me.

PM me anytime you need support.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Out on the Border

Hey Brothers and Sisters of The Eagles fans, I've been reading a lot of your notes to one another. I'm 61 years old as of yesterday. I play in a band and I'm retired now. I understand a lot of what your going through. Life is no bed of roses. Every day is a challenge and seems like it gets worse each day. But hang in there. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I see a lot of you are going to school and that's a hard thing to do. I remember those days. How hard they were and felt like my head was going to roll right off my shoulders. But remember theses days. When you get to be my age and the time will get there before you know it, you will look back and these days will be a remembrance of happy days. All the friends you had in school, all the parties you went to and for some of you, how you met that someone special. Now, all that is a happy thought that comes to me from time to time. I play, travel and spend time with my someone special. It gets better, trust me. Maybe we'll run into one another out there. I play for a band that travels every now and again to play for benefits and parties. Sometimes we play when other bands need time off from their schedules. Hang in there, and have a good life.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Amen, wayne! And welcome to the Border!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Kim, 18 hours is a lot, but you're up to the challenge. Hang in there: once you get into the swing of things, you are going to excel. Trust me.

PM me anytime you need support.
    Actually, it's only 12 hours. ( two 3 hour classes, two 2 hour classes, and two 1 hour classes). My mom insisted that I be a full time student, despite the advice of the advisor against a heavy workload in the summer. I think that I can handle it, but my grades in a few of the classes might not be as high as they could be. My goal is just to pass all 6. I hope to get all As and Bs, but I'll be satisfied with passing even with 1 or 2 Cs.

Speaking of my mom, she's not doing too well at the moment. She has some kind of insect bite that developed an abscess. Needless to say, it's very painful for her. The medicines for it are making her sick on her stomach.

My other uncle (not the one I mention a lot), went to ER a few days ago with severe chest pain. The diagnosis was that he almost had a heart attack. Heart trouble does run in our family, but it usually doesn't start to show until age 65 or older. My uncle is only 57 ( or will be later this month). He's supposed to have some tests done today.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Actually, it's only 12 hours. ( two 3 hour classes, two 2 hour classes, and two 1 hour classes). My mom insisted that I be a full time student, despite the advice of the advisor against a heavy workload in the summer. I think that I can handle it, but my grades in a few of the classes might not be as high as they could be. My goal is just to pass all 6. I hope to get all As and Bs, but I'll be satisfied with passing even with 1 or 2 Cs.

Speaking of my mom, she's not doing too well at the moment. She has some kind of insect bite that developed an abscess. Needless to say, it's very painful for her. The medicines for it are making her sick on her stomach.

My other uncle (not the one I mention a lot), went to ER a few days ago with severe chest pain. The diagnosis was that he almost had a heart attack. Heart trouble does run in our family, but it usually doesn't start to show until age 65 or older. My uncle is only 57 ( or will be later this month). He's supposed to have some tests done today.
    My best wishes to you and your family for good health.
    Keep the faith, girl.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Welcome Wayne. It's just one of those little "rain shower" moments for me but, in my defense, I have been dealing with a painful foot injury for 7 months. If I need surgery then do the dang surgery so I cab heal & wear heels again!

My cats are going crazy because they hear turkeys in the field behind my house but they can't see them!