Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: Non-Studio Album Songs

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: Non-Studio Album Songs

Hole in the World

Border Rebel

I vote for Hole in the World.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I've always loved SBR, but hearing about all this overdubbing turns me off. As others have said, I'm sure it happens more than we even know. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss!

Now I can't decide whether to vote for SBR or HITW! HITW is very repetitive, but at least they wrote it!

I vote for Seven Bridges Road!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I like Hole IN The World. So I'm going to vote for Seven Bridges Road.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Glenn was not wronged or hurt by this if he preferred it to actual recording. They were accommodating him if that were the case.

So if Glenn wasn't wronged, then who did they hurt?
    The fans who thought they were getting a live version of SBR! Sure, a lot casual fans will never know and/or not care, but for those who are really into music, it doesn’t sit right.

Also, Glenn’s reputation as a singer—what does it say that some of his parts had to be replaced by Henley’s? I’m not 100% sure he even knew about it.

That being said, SBR is by far the best song of the remaining 3, in terms of melody, lyrics, vocal performance, popularity and longevity. It’s a real shame that none of Joe’s solo songs made it to the final 3 b/c IMO, they are so much better than “Hole in the World” or the generic rocker rant “Get Over It” ( although I do like the intro). As was pointed out earlier, at least HITW is uplifting.

My vote goes to Get Over It.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I am voting for Get Over It.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    The fans who thought they were getting a live version of SBR! Sure, a lot casual fans will never know and/or not care, but for those who are really into music, it doesn’t sit right.

Also, Glenn’s reputation as a singer—what does it say that some of his parts had to be replaced by Henley’s? I’m not 100% sure he even knew about it.

That being said, SBR is by far the best song of the remaining 3, in terms of melody, lyrics, vocal performance, popularity and longevity. It’s a real shame that none of Joe’s solo songs made it to the final 3 b/c IMO, they are so much better than “Hole in the World” or the generic rocker rant “Get Over It” ( although I do like the intro). As was pointed out earlier, at least HITW is uplifting.

What I think is odd about SBR, is that they isolated vocal tracks are released with the HFO DVD. You need a special audio setup to listen to it but they did release it out. No one could tell that there was studio parts involved until that was released out. It’s interesting that they gave out the isolated tracks with that in mind

Stuck on the Border

This. And the cynicism, the obsession with alleged 'perfectionism' apparently overriding any concern for legitimacy. As I said if Glenn went along with it it's a bad reflection on him too.

And it hurt me personally, as a fan, to know this had occurred.
    Last edited by Freypower; 07-02-2018 at 06:54 PM.

I’m not 100% sure he even knew about it.
    Do you really think they didn't even approach Glenn to do his own overdubs? That's the only way he wouldn't have known about it.

If they had insulted Glenn that badly, Felder would have gleefully written about it.

Also, Glenn’s reputation as a singer—what does it say that some of his parts had to be replaced by Henley’s?
    All the parts had some pieces that were fixed up to make them "perfect" - it's just you can tell where Glenn's was fixed up thanks to the replacement being Henley.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I vote for Get Over It.

I'm judging on the overall sound and how likely I am to listen to the track. I rarely try to pick out the individual parts of a track so while it's intellectually disappointing that a "live" track has so many fixes, I'm able to ignore that while listening.

I enjoy the harmonies and the sentiments of Hole in the World.