Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

Doctor Who, Pretty Little Liars, Monk, and some others
    Don't Close Your Heart

Stuck on the Border

I missed The West Wing when it was first shown and I've been catching up over the last month. I'm on Season 6, so I must like it. It's funny that four presidential candiates have been shown and I've had crushes on three of them at one time or another - Alan Alda in MASH, Gary Cole in Midnight Caller and Jimmy Smitts in LA Law. The only one who misses out is Tim Matheson and he was my best friend's pick while I chose Kurt Russell in The Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I missed The West Wing when it was first shown and I've been catching up over the last month. I'm on Season 6, so I must like it. It's funny that four presidential candiates have been shown and I've had crushes on three of them at one time or another - Alan Alda in MASH, Gary Cole in Midnight Caller and Jimmy Smitts in LA Law. The only one who misses out is Tim Matheson and he was my best friend's pick while I chose Kurt Russell in The Quest.
    You just brought back some memories. I watched The Quest as a kid, and completely forgot about it. That is understandable, but I also forgot about Midnight Caller, which wasn't that long ago. Maybe my romance with beer is affecting my memory.
    The West Wing skyrocketed the bar for TV quality. You may have a taste for Aaron Sorkin's style. After you have treated yourself to the rest of The West Wing, you should try his other shows: The Newsroom, Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip, & Sports Night. Of course, there is also the movie that paved the way for The West Wing: The American President.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    You just brought back some memories. I watched The Quest as a kid, and completely forgot about it. That is understandable, but I also forgot about Midnight Caller, which wasn't that long ago. Maybe my romance with beer is affecting my memory.
    The West Wing skyrocketed the bar for TV quality. You may have a taste for Aaron Sorkin's style. After you have treated yourself to the rest of The West Wing, you should try his other shows: The Newsroom, Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip, & Sports Night. Of course, there is also the movie that paved the way for The West Wing: The American President.
    Shockingly, it's more than 25 years since Midnight Caller. I wish it was available on DVD, though I have most of the episodes on dodgy recorded-from-the-tv tapes. I've seen all of The Newsroom, but I'll look out for the others.
    ETA: I've seen The American President, too. I've ordered a used DVD box set of Studio 60 but Sports Night is a bit pricey. Also, I need to get my life back!
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 10-20-2015 at 11:06 AM.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I'm developing a love for The Waltons. I've been watching it nearly every day. There's a Britcom called Are You Being Served? that I've come to love thanks to PBS playing an episode every Saturday night. (my appreciation for PBS has grown alot this year). A modern yv show that I've become interested in is The Middle. It's kind of stupid at times, but usually pretty funny.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

Gosh, I used to watch The Waltons. It was one of those shows that I'd think I didn't like and yet whenever I saw it, I'd get drawn in.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Gosh, I used to watch The Waltons. It was one of those shows that I'd think I didn't like and yet whenever I saw it, I'd get drawn in.
    That's exactly what happened to me.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I always loved the Waltons, but I'm one that doesn't like to watch reruns. It's really hard for me, for some reason. I will surf forever rather than watch a rerun!

Maybe I will try it next time I can't find anything else that's interesting!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Shockingly, it's more than 25 years since Midnight Caller. I wish it was available on DVD, though I have most of the episodes on dodgy recorded-from-the-tv tapes. I've seen all of The Newsroom, but I'll look out for the others.
    ETA: I've seen The American President, too. I've ordered a used DVD box set of Studio 60 but Sports Night is a bit pricey. Also, I need to get my life back!
    I guess a quarter of a century "ain't what it use to be." Thanks for the nostalgia trip on The Quest. In my memory, the name of that show was Two Persons, which was Russell's character. Good luck with getting your life back. I'm still finding myself.

Border Rebel

You guys have touched on some of my favorites. I have always loved The Waltons. The British sitcom Are You being Served? is hysterical, although I think I like Keeping Up Appearance and Waiting for God even better. And All Creatures Great and Small, which is a BBC drama series about famous vet James Herriot.

But The West Wing is my favorite TV series of all time.

Lately, I've been watching reruns of Medium with Patricia Arquette. It's pretty good.