Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

My mom likes to watch shows from her childhood. One of the shows she watches is Adam 12. It comes on at noon (2 episodes). I'm usually eating lunch while the show is on, and I must admit that I've taken a liking to it.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

So the Sundance channel has started showing Breaking Bad from the beginning and my curiosity made me watch the first four episodes last week.

OMG, it's so violent! I had no idea what to expect and knew mostly nothing about what it was even about. I just knew that it won awards and some of you here recommended it. After those episodes, I didn't think I wanted to watch any more, but I find myself curious about what is going to happen next! Shall I watch tonight or give it up? That whole scene with the dissolving the body in the bath tub pretty much did me in! Yuk! But yet...........

Usually, I just look away during gory scenes, but this show seems to have a lot of them! Hmmmmm.......
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

We have it but we haven't watched it yet.

I am gearing up for watching the BBC's remake of my beloved War & Peace. The previews of it haven't been encouraging. It's only a six parter whereas the book to put it mildly is very long & the original BBC series ran for at least 20 episodes. My fear is that all that nasty 'war' stuff will be removed & we will just get the romantic parts. War & Peace is not Jane Austen.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    So the Sundance channel has started showing Breaking Bad from the beginning and my curiosity made me watch the first four episodes last week.

OMG, it's so violent! I had no idea what to expect and knew mostly nothing about what it was even about. I just knew that it won awards and some of you here recommended it. After those episodes, I didn't think I wanted to watch any more, but I find myself curious about what is going to happen next! Shall I watch tonight or give it up? That whole scene with the dissolving the body in the bath tub pretty much did me in! Yuk! But yet...........

Usually, I just look away during gory scenes, but this show seems to have a lot of them! Hmmmmm.......
    Yes !! Stick with it !! One of the best shows ever !! I will admit as far as gory goes you ain't seen nothin' yet. But, it's integral to the storyline. Their vocation demands it. Fantastically written and acted.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    My mom likes to watch shows from her childhood. One of the shows she watches is Adam 12. It comes on at noon (2 episodes). I'm usually eating lunch while the show is on, and I must admit that I've taken a liking to it.
    I have the same affliction Also, it makes me laugh when they bust a hippie on acid, I don't know why.

MeTV used to show Adam 12 at about 4 in the afternoon, so I could catch it whenever I had a day off or got home early for some reason.

It's on Antenna now? Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I have the same affliction Also, it makes me laugh when they bust a hippie on acid, I don't know why.

MeTV used to show Adam 12 at about 4 in the afternoon, so I could catch it whenever I had a day off or got home early for some reason.

It's on Antenna now? Good to know.
    Not Antenna. I don't have digital tv, only my uncle does. It comes on some channel called cozi tv or FETV, which is channel 82 on dish network. For the past week, though, Hazel has been in the timeslot of Adam 12. I haven't seen it come on at any other time.
    -Kim-

Hazel! I haven't seen that since I was wee child.

When I'm at my mom's house I watch Fantasy Island on Cozi TV. It's so stupid that it's weirdly compelling. Maybe that's why people watch the Kardashians.

Fantasy Island is cool because of all of the celebrities that guest starred on it. Plus, "de plane, de plane". I watch Murder She Wrote alot on cozi tv.

The first time I watched Hazel, I said "that's Mrs. Claus" because Shirley Booth (Hazel) voiced Mrs. Claus in The Year Without a Santa Claus claymation cartoon. That's what I knew her for, lol.
    -Kim-

She had a kind of abrasive voice as I recall, kind of like Gladys Kravitz on Bewitched.

Border Rebel

AW, Gladys Kravitz. I love the first few seasons of Bewitched - the black and white with the "old" Darrin.