Page 43 of 140 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

I'm sorry to see you leave too JCL. I've enjoyed your posts too but I understand.

I've been really busy with school myself too and also had a death in the family so it's been a pretty hard time in general. It was just harder too as it was my cousin's baby daughter and it's looking like she passed from RSV, a severe respiratory infection in babies, and I just can't imagine what he and his girlfriend are going through.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    This is probably the most difficult post I’ve ever written on here, but I feel I have to be honest, not just with you but also with myself. I’ve been trying to avoid admitting this to myself, but I feel like The Border has changed in the last few months or so and I just don’t feel I fit in very well on here nowadays. I still love the Eagles, and I really don’t feel that excluded or anything like that, but I'm finding more and more often I have very little to add to the discussions. For a while I did log on basically to post in the Off Topic section, but that wasn’t what I joined the board for – I originally joined because I wanted to talk about the Eagles and their music, and the music of other artists, but the topics always seem to be overtaken by some agenda or another. To be honest I struggle to take much interest in a lot of the topics on here nowadays, and this is why I’ve barely been on at all over the last month. I therefore feel the time has come for me to say goodbye.

In case this sounds personal, I should probably also add that in the first three months of 2017 I've posted less on any message boards than I have for a long time, so I think at root things in my life are changing generally and I'm spending my free time on different things.

I will probably do a last post in the games threads before heading for the exit door. As a last word, I just want to say thank you to all the nice people I’ve interacted with on here over the last two and a bit years or so, and I thank Soda, Dreamer and everyone else who has kept The Border going. I wish you peace.

Farewell
    Jonny (JCL)
    I will miss you.

I feel the same.

Fare thee well, JCL. I hope you'll come back soon.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Just craziness at work! My office helper managed to get herself fired about a month ago, so I've been swamped! Hopefully, we'll get someone hired soon!

Daughter's birthday celebration was Saturday. We had a fun evening barbecuing and fishing! Impossible to believe that I have a 39 year old daughter! How time flies!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

39? Wow! I was wondering what you were up to - sorry work is so crazy!

I had an issue the week before last with a former student threatening to shoot me and eight other people - the police got him, though, and they don't seem to think he was all that dangerous since he got released on bond the next day. He's forbidden to contact me or any of the other people he threatened until his trial but still.

Makes me want to go out and buy a gun!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Soda, I'm so glad that you and the other people who were threatened are all ok. This is a crazy world we are living in. Do take care of yourself

JCL, sorry you feel you have to leave us - good luck, maybe drop by when you get a chance in the future. The door is always open.

Brooke, I saw your post on FB about your daughters birthday. So hard to think she is 39 - you only look and seem like you yourself are 40!

Things here are busy too as can be expected. Even on my holidays I'm going over and making minor adjustments to projects by students. And I'm spending increasing amounts of time with my parents as at this stage they are both losing touch with reality.

But on a lighter note, hope you all have a very happy Easter!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Well its been a while since I have been here. I decided to change my major going into next year for my freshman year of college. I changed it drom Audio Engineering Technology to a Mechanical Engineering with a Concentration in Acoustics. The difference is that i want to learn how to build amps mics speakers effect pedals etc. My mother works at the university in the Political Science department. She gave the Ceta(STEM) Ceta stands for College of Eneginering Technology and Archetiecture email and I talked to them.

So I am doing a two year program which is my gen ed but I get a Associates Degree. Its a Liberal arts program but I am doing their Business Program. After I finish my two years I am going to transfer into the Engineering Program. I might not finish in 4 years brcause of some classes I miss but I am most likely going to end up taking winter classes so i can graduate on time.

Here is the latest track I recorded

https://soundcloud.com/guitarfreak-8...t-queen-master

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    39? Wow! I was wondering what you were up to - sorry work is so crazy!

I had an issue the week before last with a former student threatening to shoot me and eight other people - the police got him, though, and they don't seem to think he was all that dangerous since he got released on bond the next day. He's forbidden to contact me or any of the other people he threatened until his trial but still.

Makes me want to go out and buy a gun!
    Holy Crap. That is awfull. You should definitely think of protection. Does your state have Open Carry or Concealed Carry?

I am also going to Hawaii in May

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I have discovered how bad my Japanese has become after recording myself, and having some difficulty reading from books. I've also discovered online websites where people help each other with language learning. So, the time I usually spend on song games has been spent on 'language stuff', both learning myself and helping others. I'll slow down a bit soon, so I should be more active around here again.