Page 45 of 140 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Border Troubadour

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    Good luck with your dissertation, thelastresort! What field of study are you doing your graduate studies in?

Cheers! I'm a student of transport, needless to say there's not many of us. Good luck with your endeavours too!

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Good luck with the dissertation thelastresort.

I have lots of students writing dissertations right now. Advice I give to them when they're in this stage is as follows:

Thanks for the help AT, at the stage now where I'm just re-reading my discussion of findings to make sure I've passed comment on as broad an array of topics (and existing literature) as possible, the last thing I will do after this is sort out all of the layout, section numbering etc before a final proofread.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Thanks for the help AT, at the stage now where I'm just re-reading my discussion of findings to make sure I've passed comment on as broad an array of topics (and existing literature) as possible, the last thing I will do after this is sort out all of the layout, section numbering etc before a final proofread.
    Good luck.

Stuck on the Border

RCF - Congratulations ! Wow - UC Berkley ! Just graduating from there alone should open doors for a bright future. Will you go there ?

TLR - Good luck on your dissertation. I only have a BA so I have no advise other than to say all this work will pay off in the future.

FP - Best wishes and prayers for continued healing and a full recovery.

Brooke - How is hubby doing. Reason I am asking is I have a partially torn rotor cuff in my right shoulder and may need surgery down the road. Does your husband feel it was worth it? Hope by now he is feeling much better and on the road to a full recovery.

A nephew of mine was married a couple of weeks ago and two of my sisters who live out of state(Ill.) and my BIL, niece and nephew also flew in. It was so nice to see everyone. Because they are all grown now and everyone is busy with work, life, etc, we do not get to see each other as often as in the past. I do have to say I do not know how all those kids wore those six inch heels. My feet hurt for days and my shoes only had a two inch heel !

Thanks, LuvTim, thelastresort, and New Kid in Town!

Right now, I'm debating between UC Irvine business - accounting or UC Berkeley - Econ. If I wanted to do the accounting route to a CPA, it would take me approximately the same amount of time to get enough college credits to be licensed. UCI may take 1-2 years of CC coursework to get it done cheaply, but w/ UCB, I would probably do a 1-year Master's in Accounting at my local CSU, SJSU.

I've got to make some calls to Berkeley on whether I should go for a math or a comp sci minor, since Econ isn't that great without quantitative skills. If I can take accounting classes from the business school, then that would be very helpful. I doubt that, since I would probably be locked out of it. Business majors get first priority on that.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post

Brooke - How is hubby doing. Reason I am asking is I have a partially torn rotor cuff in my right shoulder and may need surgery down the road. Does your husband feel it was worth it? Hope by now he is feeling much better and on the road to a full recovery.
    Thank you for asking, he is doing much better, finally! I hope you don't have to have surgery! It has been 8 weeks tomorrow and he is still doing therapy at home, which the Dr. told him to do. The arm is weak and has lost muscle tone and that is hard for him to accept. He is a carpenter and is wanting to do some work, but a bit scared that he will accidently hurt it, like accidently beginning to fall and unthinkingly grabbing something with that arm. I guess he'll just have to try it and see how it goes. He says if he had known how bad it was going to be he wouldn't have had the operation. But, the doctor said he would have eventually lost use of his arm because of the tear in the muscle and the ligament just hanging on. So, who knows?! I think in a couple months he will be glad he did it. He's just not one to sit around and do nothing and that has gotten quite old for him.

And best of luck with your choice in colleges! I'm sure you will figure it all out!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm almost done with spring semester for college. I got one final and a presentation done and my next is in a few days. Am a bit annoyed as my summer class I signed up more than likely will be cancelled as they have a low enrollment policy. They have to have at least 7 and we only have 6. It would put my plan a bit behind schedule but I've had this happen before. However, the plus side of having summer off would be I can finally work on editing my 6th novel so we'll see what happens.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    39? Wow! I was wondering what you were up to - sorry work is so crazy!

I had an issue the week before last with a former student threatening to shoot me and eight other people - the police got him, though, and they don't seem to think he was all that dangerous since he got released on bond the next day. He's forbidden to contact me or any of the other people he threatened until his trial but still.

Makes me want to go out and buy a gun!
    I'm so sorry, Soda. I'm surprised I haven't heard about that down here. That would had been all over the news even if nothing happened.

Be safe. I'm glad they got him and you and other people are safe.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I'm so sorry, Soda. I'm surprised I haven't heard about that down here. That would had been all over the news even if nothing happened..
    You guys live in the same state and it didn't make any local news? That certainly is surprising.

As long as everyone is safe.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I had an issue the week before last with a former student threatening to shoot me and eight other people - the police got him, though, and they don't seem to think he was all that dangerous since he got released on bond the next day. He's forbidden to contact me or any of the other people he threatened until his trial but still.

Makes me want to go out and buy a gun!
    Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry this happened to you, Soda. Very frightening.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post

Exactly what is the torn rotor cuff please NKIT? Reason I am asking is that I have been experiencing shoulder pain over the last while. It is barely noticable a lot of the time, BUT, when I turn it or stretch my arm back (like say to scratch ny back or do up a zipper) I get bad pain and impaired movement. I have googled it and it sounds like Shoulder Impingement Syndrome - have you heard of this? I'm on holidays from early next month until September so I may seek medical help then if it doesnt improve
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP