Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Ah, but didn't Don say he thought this iteration of the Eagles was okay because there was "blood" (a Frey) involved? If Deacon isn't part of it anymore, is that enough to stop Henley/Azoff?
    Can Otis sing ? Maybe he plans on Otis taking Deacon's place. As crazy as it sounds(and I know it's crazy), I would not but anything past them. And Austin, nor would I be surprised if just Vince tours after Deacon leaves. The fans are use to him now, and from various posts on Eagles FB pages, many fans consider Vince an Eagle now.

How old is Otis now - 16 or 17. I guess he must be tutored to be on the tour with them. Shun, what did Otis say in his interview. I notice he closed his Instagram account.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 06-19-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Bob is so great. I got to see him a few years ago in St. Louis. He always stayed true to himself. No frills, authentic rootsy rock n' roll.

Some people gave him crap for doing Shakedown for Beverly Hills Cop II in the 80s and then again for letting GM/Chevy use Like A Rock for a number of years in it's commercials. They said he sold out. If that's selling out, then most can only hope to sell out to his level! Shakedown, while a departure from the sound he is known for, is a great song and it sold a LOT. It was his only number 1 hit in fact. In fact, it did better than The Heat Is On from the first movie, which stayed at number 2. Most of the people that were salty about Like A Rock being used on a Chevy commercial were Ford fans, lol. General Motors and Chevrolet have always stood above the Ford Motor Company and there are a lot of back and forth between the two camps. Chevy is better though, don't let anyone fool you. My entire family are diehard GM/Chevy people.
    I saw an interview(print) years ago with Bob where he said he let Chevy use his song because his Dad had worked at GM as an engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    If it's true that Deacon will be done, does this mean the "Eagles" are done, or will Don find another attempted replacement singer? I think if Glenn's (their leader's) death didn't stop him, certainly Deacon stepping down wouldn't either.
    Ah, but didn't Don say he thought this iteration of the Eagles was okay because there was "blood" (a Frey) involved? If Deacon isn't part of it anymore, is that enough to stop Henley/Azoff?
    I know Don said he wouldn't continue the "Eagles" without "blood," but Don says a lot of things. The possibility of such statements becoming "foolish consistencies" always hangs in the air.

I don't think Don will look for anyone else. Here's what I think: Deacon was invited, at least in part, to win over any reticent fans who they feared wouldn't come without Glenn there. They realize now most fans have no problem attending a show without Glenn. Now they can feel free to continue without Deacon, and without a "blood" replacement.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Can Otis sing ? Maybe he plans on Otis taking Deacon's place. As crazy as it sounds(and I know it's crazy), I would not but anything past them. And Austin, nor would I be surprised if just Vince tours after Deacon leaves. The fans are use to him now, and from various posts on Eagles FB pages, many fans consider Vince an Eagle now.

How old is Otis now - 16 or 17. I guess he must be tutored to be on the tour with them. Shun, what did Otis say in his interview. I notice he closed his Instagram account.
    Otis is 17. He moved his Instagram account to @otisfreyofficial. I don't think Otis is looking to be in that part of the Eagles... but that's just guessing on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Also. Erica hinted to stay tune about VetsAid in November and Vegas concert (meaning if she will be there). Is Don coming back to Veteran Aid (not saying this is true) or is she helping out Joe?
    I'm curious about this, too. I'm surprised they haven't started selling tickets for it yet. Maybe they're still trying to cement performers for it so they can advertise it effectively and maximize ticket sales. Certainly, with Don on board, they'd sell more tickets for the vets. He knows that, so he'll probably do it unless he has another commitment. He is a generous man in that regard.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'm curious about this, too. I'm surprised they haven't started selling tickets for it yet. Maybe they're still trying to cement performers for it so they can advertise it effectively and maximize ticket sales. Certainly, with Don on board, they'd sell more tickets for the vets. He knows that, so he'll probably do it unless he has another commitment. He is a generous man in that regard.
    Plus he's right there in Texas. That's a hop, skip and a jump on the plane to Houston. I'm guessing an hour flight. I don't know how long it take to get there on plane. So I wouldn't be surprised if he's back again this year. I doubt he has anything else in November unless he's doing a private show.

They probably will announced who's playing VetsAid something next month.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Oh I don’t think Don cares at this point...
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I don’t think so NKIT but I don’t know for sure.

The idea that some might consider Vince an Eagle makes me all kinds of queasy! So icky to me.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I saw an interview(print) years ago with Bob where he said he let Chevy use his song because his Dad had worked at GM as an engineer.
    Very cool. Yeah Detroit is GM town for sure.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I know Don said he wouldn't continue the "Eagles" without "blood," but Don says a lot of things. The possibility of such statements becoming "foolish consistencies" always hangs in the air.

I don't think Don will look for anyone else. Here's what I think: Deacon was invited, at least in part, to win over any reticent fans who they feared wouldn't come without Glenn there. They realize now most fans have no problem attending a show without Glenn. Now they can feel free to continue without Deacon, and without a "blood" replacement.
    Agree entirely with you Soda. I always thought Deacon was the bait in a way.