Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pebble Beach 2010

Border Desperado

Default Re: Pebble Beach 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Bender, Glennie's Angels have volunteered...specifically to get Glenn a screwdriver! (See past Pebble Beach threads).
    oh sorry!
    I hope your daughter never has to find out how funny rape is. -Sodascouts

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

We haven't ever 'officially' volunteered though. The last year we went, we were talking to some of the 'real' volunteers, and they were telling us about some of the 'perks'. I believe there is always a party for the volunteers on Wednesday evening where some of the celebrities (including Glenn) perform. Sounds like it may be a real good time, and I volunteer to be Glenn's designated screwdriver fetcher. Now, can I get a big 'hell yeah"!!!

And bender, I agree, Monterey is absolutely beautiful.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I'll fetch him anything he wants - drinks...food...slippers!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I'll fetch him anything he wants - drinks...food...slippers!

I like that prettymaid
    Oh they tell me there is a place over younder cool water running through the burning sand until we learn to love one another we will never reach the promised land. Hole In The World 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Super Frey View Post
    I just spoke to the Pebble Beach office. They have 2 celebrity invite lists - the second one goes out after the first one (I think it's almost like a wait list if they go through the first list and all the people don't respond then they go to the second one). She said Glenn is definately on one of the two lists she's just not sure which one. Now that I've reminded her about my interest in Glenn I'm sure she will keep her ears open if they hear anything. Only the "save the date" info has gone out. She said they have gotten some verbal confirmations back but no celebrities have turned in their paperwork. I believe the formal invites with the paperwork goes out around Thanksgiving. Still not getting my hopes up too much, but that was nice

Ok I'm gonna have to say something now, that might get me thrown off here but I borrowed this quote from my friend, and didn't tell her. I'm not gonna say who it is or where the quote is. But she is very upset with me, and the only connection, I do have with Pebble beach is the website. No she doesn't belong to this site I don't think, and no it has nothing to do with any of you, it's between me and her. It was wrong to do it, I guss I was just mad at her for something and it got out of hand. So if you get rid of me Soda, I'll understand. SF
    Oh they tell me there is a place over younder cool water running through the burning sand until we learn to love one another we will never reach the promised land. Hole In The World 2001

Thanks for clarifying, SF. I'm not going to stick my nose in your business with your "friend" but it's not cool to say you called the office when you didn't. I'm not going to kick you off the board for it, though.

If you want to talk about this topic outside of clarifying your post, then PM me. We don't want to take the thread off-topic with personal matters.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I've moved the posts regarding Tiger Woods to the thread where his situation was being discussed earlier, called "Dirty Laundry" - as that's indeed what it is.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I called the Pebble Beach office today for information about Glenn's status. The gentleman I spoke with confirmed that Glenn would not be playing the AT&T Pro-Am in February. He said the field for the 2010 tournament has been cut from 180 to 156 players. Now, we did get a lot of conflicting information last year whenever we called to inquire, so I would not say that I am convinced that this news is 100% reliable, but I tend to believe it is. While this is really disappointing, I must say I'm honestly not very surprised. It looks like Glenn's Pebble Beach golf days could possibly be over.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I'm afraid you might be right, Kay. I'm glad I tagged along when I did.

Well, there are other tournaments. Tons of charity/celebrity events. We'll just have to pay attention.

Well that's