Page 44 of 175 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

Default Re: Eagles YouTube videos

Thanks FFL, that you brought the best videos of the tour together in one thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Because for some inexplicable reason the song was not played very often on the last tour, and I don't think Busy Being Fabulous was played at all. 'Long Road Out Of Eden'? Well, some of it.
    Yeah that's right, It is really unfortunate that not more LROOE songs was played on this Tour.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/1971...Candy-Eagles/1
    Received this on Google, I hadn't seen some of the videos but some of them have been around.

Eagles: Before They Were Rock Stars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxG450iupt8
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Thanks Koala, I had not seen that before.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

That was cool!! Thanks for posting it. Now we need one for the other half of the band!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

Henley sure has big ears in those early photos. That explains the fro...
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by AzEaglesFan View Post
    http://www.jambase.com/Articles/1971...Candy-Eagles/1
    Received this on Google, I hadn't seen some of the videos but some of them have been around.
    That "Already gone" performance by the four original guys. Was this before the recording of the song and before Felder arrived, or was it after and Felder was just absent for some reason?
    If it was before the recording, it's interesting to hear how much of the arrangement was already in place. Glenn does the riffs in the choruses that I always assumed might be Don. He even does that neat little lick after singing "Heaven knows it wasn't you who set me free", which I assumed might be Don. He even has his solo there, without Don's sustained notes on top of it, of course.
    Not to take anything away from Felder, but if this performance is from a time before the recorded version, it seems to me that the four guys had this song pretty much there even before him, including even the guitar fills.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    That "Already gone" performance by the four original guys. Was this before the recording of the song and before Felder arrived, or was it after and Felder was just absent for some reason?
    Let's see . . . On The Border was released on March 22, 1974. California Jam took place on April 6, 1974.
    If it was before the recording, it's interesting to hear how much of the arrangement was already in place. Glenn does the riffs in the choruses that I always assumed might be Don. He even does that neat little lick after singing "Heaven knows it wasn't you who set me free", which I assumed might be Don. He even has his solo there, without Don's sustained notes on top of it, of course.
    Not to take anything away from Felder, but if this performance is from a time before the recorded version, it seems to me that the four guys had this song pretty much there even before him, including even the guitar fills.
    For a while i've reckoned that Felder's only contributions to Already Gone were those sustained notes during the solo you mentioned, as well as (perhaps) the lead playing at the end of the song. I would say that Bernie played the opening riff and the rest of it was Glenn

I love watching video clips of the original Eagles!

According to Heaven and Hell Felder was at the hospital with his wife waiting for the birth of one of their children. Jackson Browne was on call to fill in for him. As you can tell from the video, the baby wasn't born before the concert started so Jackson filled in on piano.

Stuck on the Border

Of course! THAT'S why Felder's not there. Thanks! So it's possible that the chorus licks WERE Don's, but he wasn't there to play them in this performance, and so Glenn played 'em.