Page 39 of 129 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Out on the Border Angels4BobSeger's Avatar

Smile Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

Thank you for sharing Soda.

You have wonderful memories.

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

That article was soo sad. I started to cry especially what Taylor said. Its so hard to hear how hard they tried to keep Glenn alive and then what he was going through with pneumonia. I'm just glad he's no in pain anymore and he's pain free now.

Stuck on the Border

This probably isn't worth a cut-and-paste, but it's an MCA record exec who can't remember much about a visit to Glenn's house/studio in 1992.
    http://bestclassicbands.com/label-ex...-album-2-4-16/

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Janette, thank you for your blog. I found it so easy to relate to. When I watched the History of the Eagles documentary, it awoke my inner 14-year-old and luckily I was able to take that girl to the Eagles concert she'd missed 40 years earlier. Even though the young men were encased in the bodies of these older men, some of the magic was still there.
    Agree with you! I was able to take my much older self to see them for the first time in 2014, along with my then 17 year old son. So glad we decided to spend the money and share that great experience. The magic was still there, and it made me feel young for while.
    So funny that some of the above posters are so young--I think that is so great! My son loved the concert, too!

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deb828 View Post
    Agree with you! I was able to take my much older self to see them for the first time in 2014, along with my then 17 year old son. So glad we decided to spend the money and share that great experience. The magic was still there, and it made me feel young for while.
    So funny that some of the above posters are so young--I think that is so great! My son loved the concert, too!
    I just turned 40. Lol

I knew of Glenn and Don before I was deeply familiar with the eagles. Grew up with their solo careers. I remember having a small crush on Don not knowing his background. Boy did I regret not knowing they were a part of a generation man. I admire all of you because you lived with their music and grew with them.

We're talking young people... I was born two freakin' years after the reunion! And I'm so so so lucky I got to see them four times before I even turned 20. They really do appeal to all generations, and I'm lucky that these talented guys became my lifelong loves.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Well, we are all united now, and their music will live on through the younger people who love them. Like Janette said in her blog, I too lost track of them for a time, then rediscovered them. But I do remember my 17 year old self in the summer of '72, and all of those Eagles songs that were the soundtrack for high school and college. Which the reality of, like JD Souther said (paraphrasing), might not have matched the dreamlike quality the songs evoke about the seventies! I only wish I could have seen them back then. But I am still grateful that I got to see them.

Out on the Border

Default The Eagles' Last Heartbeat

The Grammy tribute saddened me. I thought the band did what they set out to do and that did it with great professionalism despite their obvious sorrow. But I felt the Grammy organization could have done better by Glenn - a few words, a recognition of his huge contribution.

I have to say that as Don Henley hit that cymbal at the end, I thought "that is the Eagles' last heartbeat."

Thanks to those of you who have thanked me for my rather long tribute and thoughts on why Glenn's death has hit us so hard. I'm grateful to you all for taking the time to read it. And as somebody else said, I am touched by how young some of the other contributors are. That says a lot for the power of the music. For those who may have missed it here is a link to my article on Glenn and the deep sadness of his passing. http://janettegriffithsonwagner.blogspot.co.uk

Agree with you Janette. I thought "these guys are so great, and this is the end" during the song. They are so great.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by Tori View Post
    We're talking young people... I was born two freakin' years after the reunion! And I'm so so so lucky I got to see them four times before I even turned 20. They really do appeal to all generations, and I'm lucky that these talented guys became my lifelong loves.

I was born one year after the reunion myself. I'm grateful for my parents and my uncle for getting me started with my love of music, rock music in particularly. I'm a bit envious that they got to experience the music that I love when it was fresh and new. I'll never get to see the Eagles live, but at least their music does and will continue to live on! Great music knows no boundaries.

I also thought of the Grammys as the end, but I do hope for something more appropriate than what the guys were subjected to at the Grammys. It wasn't befitting of a goodbye tribute to Glenn nor the band itself.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time