Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Tour

Default Re: 2018 Tour

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Well, I kind of started the post and if it caused any conflict I'm sorry. That's not what I intended. I mentioned the tribute band because of the quote where Irving says they are not calling it an Eagles tour and stated it was a tribute to Eagles music. My question about them being called a tribute band was serious. If he is not calling it an Eagles tour than what is it going to be called ?
    I really don't want to argue with people - that's not what I joined this board for. I have said what I have to say about the band and have moved on. I have also stated numerous times that I hope if people have the opportunity to see the guys they should go. I understand that not everyone had the opportunity to see them before Glenn passed. I had wanted to see them during the HOTE Tour and it did not work out for me.
    Thank you, NKIT. I’m sorry if I misconstrued your ‘tribute band’ comment.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

40-50 concerts in a year is a lot.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yes its definitely more than a 'handful'. That an average of up to 1 a week
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I hope they will do some arena sized shows as stadiums are just too big. Also hoping for a UK show. This is great news that they are still touring but I fear not for too much longer.

Border Desperado

I really hope they come to Knoxville. It's been a staple of their major tours.
    And it's in Country music territory, and I expect them to try to use Vince's roots to their benefit. Plus Atlanta sold out 2 shows!!! Maybe they'll feel like Knoxville would be a good stop.

I can see them playing Nashville. A lot of country stars will be there like they did at the Grand Ole Opry and they were even there when the guys came there during the HOTE tour. Even if Vince wasn't in the band, they will still come. A lot of them loved and were influenced by the Eagles. They can sell out Nashville.

I'm hoping for shows in Memphis, New Orleans, Bossier City/Shreveport or Birmingham. Those cities are 3 hours north, south, west and east of me(they are literally 3 hours each direction). I can only hope for them to come to Mississippi, but I don't see that happening and they haven't had a show here in MS for probably 15 years and of course I wasn't a fan back then and I didn't know they were here. My cousin decided she wants to move back to Atlanta. So I could go to Atlanta now.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 11-15-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Not with me it isn't. But oh well. At the end of the day there will be 40-50 Pre Concert Anticipation threads as well as 40-50 Concert Review threads for people to share their excitement. Special thanks to Soda and WF88.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    40-50 concerts in a year is a lot.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Not with me it isn't. But oh well. At the end of the day there will be 40-50 Pre Concert Anticipation threads as well as 40-50 Concert Review threads for people to share their excitement. Special thanks to Soda and WF88.
    Dawn, I’m sorry I mis-read your intentions. It’s great to see all the positive comments coming in although I realize not everyone is happy about the tour.

True there will be chances in the future to be excited. But this recent announcement confirms what many of us have been speculating about, and it’s fun to start planning now, saving our $, etc. and wondering when and if they will play close by.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Dawn, I’m sorry I mis-read your intentions. It’s great to see all the positive comments coming in although I realize not everyone is happy about the tour
    Just to be clear, judging by your own words, your post wasn't a simple misreading of my intentions. It was a rush to judgment, unfair and unkind and frankly I am not going to waste my time or energy pretending otherwise.