Page 82 of 156 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

lol! I wonder if that was when he was filming the Live in Dublin concert?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

This is all over Twitterland today, and can be found on quite a few websites. I believe the interview actually took place nearly two years ago, probably May 2012.

http://www.kshe95.com/musicnews/story.aspx?ID=2144513
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    This is all over Twitterland today, and can be found on quite a few websites. I believe the interview actually took place nearly two years ago, probably May 2012.

http://www.kshe95.com/musicnews/story.aspx?ID=2144513
    ..what does he mean by "2 kids in college, a 10 year old son and a 14"????...Does he have a fourth child we don't know about????????????

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    ..what does he mean by "2 kids in college, a 10 year old son and a 14"????...Does he have a fourth child we don't know about????????????
    No. I don't know what 'and, a 14' is supposed to mean. Note the comma. It doesn't make any sense.

I bet it was a transcription error.

Very confused here. I saw a tweet from Jill Martin that said, "
    Hey @nyknicks fans I have the Eagles Glenn Frey at the half. Questions? #celebrityrow" It had a picture of someone else on the Jumbotron. Anyway, this implies, to me, that she's interviewing Glenn at halftime, but while she is a Knicks broadcaster, ESPN is carrying the game tonight, I don't see it being on locally in the NY area. She works for NBC as well, not ABC, so I don't see her sub'ing in on ESPN.

I'll be watching the Bucs/Cubs game at 7pm, and will probably have people here with me to watch it, so I can't watch ESPN to see what happens. Maybe someone else can and report back? If I am here by myself, I'll flip back and forth between games... I love Glenn to death, but watching an NBA game over my Buccos (over any baseball game, really)....can't do it.
    VK

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Very confused here. I saw a tweet from Jill Martin that said, "
    Hey @nyknicks fans I have the Eagles Glenn Frey at the half. Questions? #celebrityrow" It had a picture of someone else on the Jumbotron. Anyway, this implies, to me, that she's interviewing Glenn at halftime, but while she is a Knicks broadcaster, ESPN is carrying the game tonight, I don't see it being on locally in the NY area. She works for NBC as well, not ABC, so I don't see her sub'ing in on ESPN.

I'll be watching the Bucs/Cubs game at 7pm, and will probably have people here with me to watch it, so I can't watch ESPN to see what happens. Maybe someone else can and report back? If I am here by myself, I'll flip back and forth between games... I love Glenn to death, but watching an NBA game over my Buccos (over any baseball game, really)....can't do it.
    OMG, VA! Say it ain't true!

Have to say I'm right there witcha! Only it was a Cards game! Ha!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I hesitated over saying it 'out loud'! I used to watch the NBA, but all the rule changes have made it into a complete mockery, in my opinion. I appreciate an offense that can score on a great defense, but they aren't allowed to play defense (zone) in the NBA. Plus the unwritten rules where if you make over a certain amount of money, you can travel with the ball without ever getting called. Puh-leeze. Get rid of that stupid shot clock, or up the number to something realistic, bring back the defense, and dribble the ball every two steps. Then maybe it can be called a sport again.

OK, I'm off my soapbox.
    VK

Got this in a Google alert: http://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/20....ClvdpV4s.dpbs It's the Top 11 Loser Songs by ROCKCELLAR Magazine. No 10 is Beautiful Loser by Bob Seger. He talks about Glenn's influence on him regarding the song.

Here is the quote mentioning Glenn:

10. Beautiful Loser by Bob Seger

The title character of Bob Seger’s Beautiful Loser represents “people who set their goals so high that they’re impossible, so they have comfort in failing,” the singer-songwriter told NPR. But the song is not autobiographical. “A lot of people think I wrote Beautiful Loser about myself,” Seger said in Creem magazine. “I got the idea for that song from a book of Leonard Cohen poetry by the same name. The song was about underachievers in general. I very rarely write about myself that much. I draw on my own experiences like anyone else, but I’m not what you’d call auteuristic. I’m not like my songs at all. I’m a lot more up person than what I write.”

Seger’s career was in the doldrums until the release of Beautiful Loser. The hard rocking Seger told Rolling Stone that Glenn Frey of the Eagles encouraged him to vary his style. “It took over a year to put it together. I wrote five different Beautiful Losers before I settled on one for the record. There was a ballad, a blues, I couldn’t find the right tone. So I played it for Glenn Frey, an old friend, to get some advice. He was the first person to ever hear it. And he loved it, so I stuck with the song until it all got pieced together.”
    - See more at: http://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/20....ClvdpV4s.dpuf

Interesting. I've never heard that song. I may have to check it out!