Page 20 of 300 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    MF; I once had a huge estimate when there was something wrong with my car. Well, I then brought it to someone that was recommended to me, Someone that was HONEST. Well, my problem only ended up costing me $80., instead of that $800. job that other shop suggested. There is a huge difference in mechanics. Find someone that a friend recommends, even if it's not as convenient, Once you find someone you trust, then stick with them. I always got a second opinion when there was an issue with the car. That was when I really saw the difference in the shops. There is always someone out there looking to make a lot of money on car repairs, and rip you off.. Unfortunately, it happens every day!
    I hear you, TK. I've certainly learned the hard way. My father and I usually take our cars to the local mechanics who are honest, but unfortunately, they cannot handle the bigger jobs, such as reconditioning Beetle engines. Those jobs must be handled by garages and their engineering works. At least the garage we've now consulted with has done the reconditioning job properly. They let us know how badly we were ripped off - all the evidence was in the previous engine. Our local mechanic is doing the fitting of the engine, so that will work out a bit cheaper at least. And I know he's going to do a good job.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    That same thing happened to me. I had an oil leak and the dealership said I needed a new engine - $4,300! They refused to even change my oil because I'd be "throwing good money after bad." I got a second opinion and the problem turned out to be a $75 seal. Needless to say, the second place has all my business now and the dealership was told EXACTLY why we will never go there again!
    Good for you, Windeagle!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yes, it happens all the time, especially to women. A few years ago, my car was having trouble starting and I took it to the closest garage. They told me I needed a new alternator ($200). Luckily, my boyfriend came to pick me up and when he heard that, he immediately questioned it. Turns out that all it needed was a FREE battery recharge!

Disgusting!
    Disgusting, indeed! I'm glad you were spared the rip-off, Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    MF, that is terrible about your lovely car. I really hope that this time there will be no more expensive mistakes made.
    Thanks, GA. I hope so, too, but I reckon this time everything will work out all right.

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    MF, sorry to hear about your car!
    Thanks, Koala!

Stuck on the Border

Mrs. Frey - Sorry to hear about your car.

TBF - Prayers sent to them.

Soda - Be sure to check with your doctor and let them know what is going on!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Thanks again to all of you. Brandon has gone into a hospice house now. He spent several hours yesterday taping videos for Tiff and both the kids for them to watch later. He covered everything for several holidays right thru to the weddings. I don't know how he got thru it.

I kept their 4 year old daughter today with my kids and she sat down and colored a picture for her Dad "because he's sick". This is all she's ever known, he was diagnosed when she was 2 and so her normal has always been that Dad's sick. As she did that, I had a hard time keeping the tears at bay as I thought to myself how her whole world's about to come completely undone.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Willie, that's such hard news. I, too, have been praying for Brandon, Tiff & the kids. I'm glad Brandon had the physical and emotional strength to do the videos. They will be heartbreaking to watch, but so very precious too.

Stay strong, and take care of yourself too.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

TBF, really, I'm just speechless. Many prayers for you and all of them.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    If this doesn't work, I will.
    Soda, I hate to nag... but - I have to join the chorus and say you should be going to your doctor.

If you're taking more than one medication, then lowering the dose of one might impact on the others - and you need to take special care since you've got your After Hours road trip coming up!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne