Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glenn to be played on new radio station Dead Air

Default Glenn to be played on new radio station Dead Air

Glenn's music is going to be included on a new radio station called Dead Air, which will play only music from deceased artists.

http://news.sky.com/story/1663992/de...gs-by-deceased
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Out on the Border TequilaSunrise82's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn to be played on new radio station Dead Air

Interesting concept for a radio station...

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    Wow. That was like a knife through the heart.
    When I first read the article yesterday, I was slowly scanning down and caught Glenn's still shot in the video and it hit me all over again. I don't know why that caught me off guard - I had just read his name at the beginning of the article. It was something about seeing his picture and realizing that he is now part of that very specific group. It was like a knife through the heart.

As far as the idea of the radio station itself, I guess I don't have a problem with it. My mind just wasn't prepared to see Glenn included.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for letting us know about this, PM. It'll be interesting to watch to see if this is a success.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

It's a kind of strange concept. I'm nearly thinking it's like a window on what is beyond us. If I can get it I'll give it a go. I'm sorry that Glenn s music has pretty much left any radio station I listen to. Even Eagles is getting to be a rarity.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I rarely hear any of Glenn's solo songs. I heard Smuggler's Blues I think a week ago on one of my local radio stations. I was shocked. I usually hear Don's solo songs and Eagles songs. Sometimes I would hear a Joe song, but mostly my radio stations play either Don's solo stuff or Eagles stuff.

I think that would be an interesting station

I wonder if SiriusXM will eventually pick up this station or come up with something similar.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That is an interesting idea but I realized at least for me a lot of the music I've been listening to my whole life were artists that had passed away. I was born 6 years after John Lennon died but I love The Beatles so much too and his music. The same could be said for Elvis, Jim Morrison and The Doors, the original ACDC lead singer, Jimmy Hendrix, and most of the oldies (40s - 60s) I loved thanks to my grandparents. I used to get teased because kids my age didn't get why I was preferring to listen to music from artists either my parents or grandparents ages, or were long gone, but they get it now with today's music. LOL It does throw you now to think Glenn's included now with those I mentioned and countless others, but it still is music I and so many others prefer.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I find this station a bit weird, but cool. There could be a wide variety of music played.

Buffy, I was in the same boat as one, though my tastes start in the mid 60s. (My parents generation)
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I know how you feel. I was born in 1994, but most of the music I really love was recorded before I was born - I tend to think of my favourite era as starting around 1965 and ending around 1980 - and most of my favourite albums from after that year are by older artists (LROOE and Cass County, to name two). It's similar for me with some of my favourite artists. I was watching a Pink Floyd documentary last weekend which featured Rick Wright and it really struck me that he passed away four years before I started listened to Floyd. It's the same with Led Zeppelin, where John Bonham died over a decade before my birth. I'm therefore kind of used to the idea that they were dead whereas with Glenn it was a major shock when my parents told me that morning and it's still quite hard to fully recognise that he's no longer with us.

This new radio station strikes me as... morbid. I'm not sure I'd be tuning in. I'm sure it will play a lot of great music, but the concept just depresses me!