Page 40 of 92 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Actually, the second time, David Geffen initiated the lawsuit, although Don Henley counter-sued in response. I think it is important to try and be precise when you are criticizing people. Too often people get criticized for things they didn't actually say or do, just because people repeat what they heard someone else say, when someone else was wrong. Do your own research. It takes time, but it's worth it. That's what I tell my students.
    So maybe they could let Felder back and then sue him.

But on another note I dont't think Felder could be blamed for the 1980 breakup when that transcript proves Glenn overacted.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    This is an emotional time and somethings things get out of hand. However, it's true that we can't allow people to call band members or ex-band members names. I welcome the opinion of everyone including sad-cafe and I understand why she is upset; we just have to not allow ourselves to get carried away.

I'm going to go back in the thread and do a little cleaning up so we can just forget about it and move on.
    For future reference, would me saying that I think Felder may be narcissistic, cross the line?
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    For future reference, would me saying that I think Felder may be narcissistic, cross the line?
    I saiid he could be ocd.

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Some words are more loaded than others. I wouldn't say "may be narcissistic" crosses the line, but a good rule of thumb is "if in doubt... leave it out."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    So maybe they could let Felder back and then sue him.

But on another note I dont't think Felder could be blamed for the 1980 breakup when that transcript proves Glenn overacted.
    You chose to omit a couple of words Glenn used where he said that he thought about Felder 'you selfish, ungrateful SOB'. I guess it didn't fit your interpretation.

But really, should be we still be rehashing this stuff over & over again when we should be trying to remember Glenn? What does it matter? Seriously. What on earth does it matter.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    You chose to omit a couple of words Glenn used where he said that he thought about Felder 'you selfish, ungrateful SOB'. I guess it didn't fit your interpretation.

But really, should be we still be rehashing this stuff over & over again when we should be trying to remember Glenn? What does it matter? Seriously. What on earth does it matter.
    Yes, in reading over this thread, I couldn't help but feel that we're doing exactly what Felder did that made a lot of people angry - making it about him. In our disagreements, we should be careful not to make it about Felder, either, in a time of trying to honor and remember Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

I forgot about it and did not choose to leave it out

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

wow. this escalated quickly....

Stuck on the Border

It's what happens when people are in an emotional state. +I was tempted - for a minute - to wade in with all the old arguments but realised there was no point. Arguing won't bring Glenn back or bring Don Felder closer to the reconciliation he's seeking.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    It's what happens when people are in an emotional state. +I was tempted - for a minute - to wade in with all the old arguments but realised there was no point. Arguing won't bring Glenn back or bring Don Felder closer to the reconciliation he's seeking.
    Exactly, and now I'm leaving this thread never to return!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten