Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Felder Interviews and promotions

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Felder Interviews and promotions

I’m very happy with it and happy with what I’m doing with my life right now. I don’t think from watching History Of The Eagles that everyone in the band still feels that way. I was somewhat taken back by how angry Glenn Frey still is. I don’t think that’s very healthy for him. I wish I could do something to help him get beyond that anger and release that and go on and be happy. It saddens me to see him still so bitter. I wish he wasn’t, if not for any other reason than just to have a peaceful parting.
    Seriously? Who's the one who keeps talking about it? Over and over? Besides the fact it's been established that Glenn was acting out his original anger as opposed to what he still currently feels (other than an apparently lack of regret for doing what he felt needed to be done...), I don't see or hear Glenn bringing it up. I think he feels he did it and it's done, move on. I don't agree that Glenn is the one who is bitter. I think he's tired of getting continually 'poked' by statements like this and if he's bitter about anything, it's this.

That being said, it's not like Glenn emails me how he feels about things... (I wish!). It's all speculation on my part, and the fact that he doesn't publicly discuss it. He does talk about things he obviously cares about.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Seriously? Who's the one who keeps talking about it? Over and over? Besides the fact it's been established that Glenn was acting out his original anger as opposed to what he still currently feels (other than an apparently lack of regret for doing what he felt needed to be done...), I don't see or hear Glenn bringing it up. I think he feels he did it and it's done, move on. I don't agree that Glenn is the one who is bitter. I think he's tired of getting continually 'poked' by statements like this and if he's bitter about anything, it's this.

That being said, it's not like Glenn emails me how he feels about things... (I wish!). It's all speculation on my part, and the fact that he doesn't publicly discuss it. He does talk about things he obviously cares about.
    Really, well, he is answering a question here, not "bringing it up". I'm sure he's tired of being asked the same questions over & over again! In the doc, whatever Glenn said, it was in an angry tone & he used foul language, which in my opinion was totally unnecessary & childish. If he was "acting out" his original anger, it just made him look foolish....It was totally unnecessary!

These questions will always be asked, that's a fact. No reporter or interviewer lets this thing get by....So may as well adress it in a decent way. I don't think Glenn was at his best in that interview, as well as when he talked about Randy & Bernie leaving the band. It was not Glenn's finest moment.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Really, well, he is answering a question here, not "bringing it up". I'm sure he's tired of being asked the same questions over & over again! In the doc, whatever Glenn said, it was in an angry tone & he used foul language, which in my opinion was totally unnecessary & childish. If he was "acting out" his original anger, it just made him look foolish....It was totally unnecessary!

These questions will always be asked, that's a fact. No reporter or interviewer lets this thing get by....So may as well adress it in a decent way. I don't think Glenn was at his best in that interview, as well as when he talked about Randy & Bernie leaving the band. It was not Glenn's finest moment.
    TK, he can do what every other person who is interviewed does. Either not allow it in the 'pre-question/pre-interview' list or not answer it. You can bet that Henley and Glenn and Joe get asked about Felder, they just generally disallow the question before it's asked. Even sports stars after games in live interviews usually pass along what's off limits before the cameras begin to roll. If the question is asked anyway, that reporter generally never is granted another interview opportunity, and in the case of the Eagles, that could carry over to anyone managed by Irving if severe enough. Really, it's standard practice to have a pre-approved list of questions ahead of time, or if written, just don't print those not answered.

He did use an angry tone and rough language, probably because he did back when he actually said it. I guess I prefer that he didn't try to rewrite history or gloss over it, if he had, I'm sure there are plenty who would criticize him for that as well. To be clear, I didn't say that Glenn was perfect. I said he's not the one who keeps harping on the subject and so that it seems to me that he's not the bitter one.

I find it interesting that Felder refers to Glenn as 'bitter'. Generally someone is bitter when they are wronged and can't let go of it. "expressive of severe pain or grief".
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Short article on Don Felder. Wasn't sure where to post it. Hope this will do.

http://www.app.com/article/20130913/...nclick_check=1

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013...ng-guy_25.html

Thanks for posting that article, SS!

Don posted this on Facebook the other day

Just played a show last night in NYC for the Tuesday's Children charity. It benefits all the children of the victims of 9/11. The people that were in the two towers and the firemen and police that responded to the scene to save lives but gave their own. I met the children of many victims and got a first hand look at the devastation that was caused in their lives. It's really a wonderful charity and provides financial and psychological support for the children who lost so much. It was held in the financial building right next door to the site of 9/11. Very moving and made me proud to be able to help those children in some small way.
    May God bless them all.
    I thought that was really nice of him to play for the 911 families.

Yes, TK, it was really nice of him to play for such a worthy cause.

Definitely. Don Felder often donates his talents to good causes. Very commendable.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Don was interviewed by John DeBella of Philadelphia’s Classic Rock 102.9 WMGK.

http://www.wmgk.com/shows/john-debel...tryID=10587651

Out on the Border

Glenn Frey did not write one note of the music for Hotel California. Don Felder was on the Jeff Probst show and he asked him about it. Don's fiance Kathrin Nichoson was in the audience and she said that she has a copy of the original recording that Don F. made when he composed all of the guitar tracks in his home and it was nearly complete and identical to the finished record.