Page 27 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

Mad Men starts again on Sunday and I cannot wait. Seems like forever since its been on. Such a well written and acted show.

I saw a guy who was one of my favorite characters in the first few seasons when I was at the theater a few weeks ago. Wanted to go up and ask him if he's ever coming back, but I resisted

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by secret squirrel View Post
    I've rarely looked forward to a show so much. Complete escapism and there's usually some good music too. I was surprised to learn that Gunnar is played by a British guy from Kent. I had no idea. Can Americans tell?

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014...st-see-tv.html

so is scarlett they both have accents.,..

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
    Mad Men starts again on Sunday and I cannot wait. Seems like forever since its been on. Such a well written and acted show.

I saw a guy who was one of my favorite characters in the first few seasons when I was at the theater a few weeks ago. Wanted to go up and ask him if he's ever coming back, but I resisted
    oh I love it too!!...but I only got into it a few seasons ago...need to somehow see it from the start...Jon Hamm...is my...second favorite man..lol....

Since you are watching Mad Men, which is on AMC, I was wondering if you caught the pilot for Turn? I saw it tonight for the first time and I think it looks like a great show. I am excited to see more. But then, I love anything that has to with history.

Quote Originally Posted by secret squirrel View Post
    I've rarely looked forward to a show so much. Complete escapism and there's usually some good music too. I was surprised to learn that Gunnar is played by a British guy from Kent. I had no idea. Can Americans tell?

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014...st-see-tv.html
    Only when the accent is done badly. For instances, on Downton Abbey, it was obviously a Brit playing the American valet. He over-enunciated everything and sounded really unnatural and exaggerated - trying way too hard!

On the other hand, when you tell a lot of Americans that Hugh Laurie is a Brit, their minds are blown. His American accent is that good. I actually use clips of him talking in my History of the English Language class to show the contrast in accents between Americans and Englishmen.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

For those who watch The Walking Dead, can I say that Andrew Lincoln who plays Rick is British too. His father-in-law is Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull!

Anyone watch the new show Fargo? Billy Bob Thornton is creepy as all get out in it. I loved the movie, and seeing Martin Freeman (from Sherlock) do a Minnesota accent is great!

Quote Originally Posted by tjh532 View Post
    Since you are watching Mad Men, which is on AMC, I was wondering if you caught the pilot for Turn? I saw it tonight for the first time and I think it looks like a great show. I am excited to see more. But then, I love anything that has to with history.
    no I didn't see it...but will check it out!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Anyone watch the new show Fargo? Billy Bob Thornton is creepy as all get out in it. I loved the movie, and seeing Martin Freeman (from Sherlock) do a Minnesota accent is great!
    Shoot, I missed it. I liked the movie, but.....a little crazy?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Martin Freeman to me will always be Tim from the British version of The Office.