Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles at LA Forum January 15th, 17th and 18th, 2014

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles at LA Forum January 15th, 17th and 18th, 2014

HH, thanks for the scoop on this!! We'd read on the concert venue blog that MSG was acquiring the Forum in LA weeks ago, so I'm surprised it's just now getting the big media announcement. Thanks for being ever vigilant and catching wind of it today! Now to see where else they play, since airfare to LA is unreasonable from Louisville! Good ol' JD...three shows at MSG and three shows in LA, he likes the Eagles as much as we do.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Man, I wish the bank was not so busy at the beginning of the year! We are usually not allowed to take vacation during January unless it is for a special occasion. And it might be hard convincing my boss that this is a very special event since she knows how many Eagles concerts I have been to this year.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I know what ya mean, HB - not a very good time for me either although L.A. in January does sound very appealing.

And thanks to all of you for posting all these links. And Fingers may have retired from her ticket agent duties, but it's good to know that she can still work a keyboard when necessary!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Here's a Billboard article with a picture. My apologies if this has already been posted.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...open-the-forum

First week of school for me, dang it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Second week of term for me too! I'd love to do even one of these but it's not gonna happen. Anyway there is a real possibility they will do Europe next year, hopefully summer so I think I'll wait for then.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I am thinking I will wait too even though the 18th is on a Saturday.
    I really want to go to some of the concerts as they wind down on this tour whether that is the end of 2014 or sometime in 2015. I am thinking they will end this tour back in SoCal. Anyone else have any ideas?

HH

I have a sneaky suspicion that they will add more shows to the Forum opening like they did when they opened the Nokia Live theater back in Oct. 2007. Maybe not three more shows like they did for the Nokia but maybe one more. The place will hold over 17,000 fans so we will see.

The Eagles have already posted the 3 confirmed dates in their tour section which means tickets will be going on sale soon. Looks like there will be four front sections but two off them are way off-sides so be careful ordering tickets Border-Babes. There was a picture, or "artist's rendering," on the front page of yesterday's L.A. Times.

Carol-Lynn

Out on the Border ThePerfectBeast's Avatar

Default Eagles at The Forum

Hi all ,

I was thinking of trying to go to this event , however I hear that this part of L.A is not so nice and would be a bit concerned as a first timer to L.A

What are peoples opinions? I'd be needing a taxi from the venue back to the hotel....
    "The great unconscious urban masses , with narrow minds and spreading asses..."

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Perfect Beast, I have attended many concerts and LA Kings hockey games at the Forum. Everyone who lives in greater Southern California has gone to shows there. In no way should you let the neighborhood deter you, especially if you are taking a cab and don't have a car to walk to. Granted, it is a little sketchy looking, but nothing that would keep me from seeing the Eagles if I had the opportunity. Just imagine that so many celebrities and Eagles' family members will be there on the same night. You just drive right into the parking lot, it's not like you'll be hanging out on the streets at 3 a.m. looking to buy drugs or something. You'll be fine, better than fine!!! We could probably organize a private Border shuttle from and back to someone's hotel - there will be enough of us that it will be worth it...