Page 63 of 92 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Out on the Border

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Thank you for proving my point. Great job.
    Care to explain how? It seems reading comprehension is extremely difficult for you, my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrguy View Post
    Care to explain how? It seems reading comprehension is extremely difficult for you, my apologies.
    My reading comprehension is just fine. Figure it out and read my last few posts the read yours again but pretend your a third party and understand.
    what we are discussing here. Some of my fellow borders no what I mean.

I have no issues on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post

What I DO wish for is there to be less drama all around and that we largely stick to talking about positive things, or at least try to be less angry at each other. I've almost left several times but I keep coming back for one reason - there is more of what unites us than divides us, and there are good people here who have all a common interest - the Eagles. We all have our favorites and our own thoughts on things that happened but I wish we could focus on what brings us together.

I'd just like the board going forward to become a drama-free zone and that we respect all members and we refrain from nasty comments to one another OR that we attack members. Again folks, we all share at least one common interest. Let's stick to that. And I'm talking to everyone who bashes anyone here, including me.
    Thank you for this, WalshFan, I absolutely agree with you. I'm glad you stuck it out and came back; I certainly understand. Although I'm guessing no one has expressed a wish you were not on the board b/c you're such a rabble rouser. I've learned this can be an unnecessarily harsh environment but I also believe the positives outweigh the negatives. And yes, we all have our favorites and there's nothing wrong with that!

Stuck on the Border

I wanna make it clear that VillageGirl didn't hurt me in any way. At first I thought the "zip it" post was aimed at me, but then I realized that I recognized myself in it. I have often felt that I shouldn't write about it here every time something in a Felder interview (or on his Facebook page) makes me mad. My initial "ok, I'll do that" reply to VillageGirl's post was silly. Childish "boohoo, I'm a victim" stuff. Not very mature.

All I'm saying is that I'm not going to say the same things over and over again anymore. I will not leave this forum and perhaps not even this thread, but it's time to quit beating a dead horse. It's more important to make this section of the forum a comfortable place for people like VillageGirl than to provide a channel for my anger. Also, as a Glenn fan I wouldn't enjoy it if the Glenn forum was full of criticism about him. So there are no hard feelings.

-Toni-
    Last edited by chaim; 10-23-2016 at 04:45 AM.

Border Desperado

Thank you so much for this Chain. It means a lot. I apologize if you felt the "zip it" was solely directed at you, as,it wasn't my intent at all. After a few of us fairly newer members were given a hard time by first not posting in the right thread, then being challenged on what we posted, and then having a former Eagle member we enjoy completely degraded in quite frankly a low class manner, I had enough.
    We teach our children that bullying is not okay, but then it is tolerated here( I AM NOT REFERRING TO YOU).

I would be crucified if I said anything negative about Glenn, Henley, Joe, or TBS on this forum. Things not nearly as bad as some of what I have seen written about Felder.

So again, I am sorry you got the brunt of it, but I am so glad we are good now.

Border Desperado

Just a couple things:

I've heard or read reporters ask Don H and Henley about Felder. I've never heard Timothy B asked, but reporters aren't just asking Felder. Felder makes the same comment when asked, "I just hear from their lawyers." Seems like there should be a little less "sting" to that comment since it's his standard. It's not like he's digging up new ammunition to fire at them..same stuff when a reporter asks the same question. Why do they ask the same stuff..my theory is because it would be a whole lot of Eagles fan's dream come true if the hostility and brokenness between the surviving Guys was finally put aside for the greater good!

Felder did tell his side in the book, but I think Glenn and Don did the job of telling their side in HOTE, and unfortunately, the way they (especially Glenn) represented their side made more fans question their ethics than Don Felder's. I think HOTE was viewed by and impacted more fan's opinions than did Felder's book.

I visited Don's fan site often and there have been thousands of comments about the KC snubb. I got tired of reading after 1200 or so +, but the vast majority wereposts in support of Don and Randy and Bernie, and the disrespectful ones were few. I don't know if some had been deleted, but it didn't seem that bad.

Don Felder is the only Eagle, to my knowledge that actually opens his own facebook page to fan's and personally responds often to posts or messenger. That's pretty cool!

I have only been here a few months, and at first I checked in daily, but then due to the negativity toward Felder that would then often manifest itself in negativity to those who posted favorably about him, I visited less and less. There's a lot I like about this site, but I was finding myself feeling uncomfortable being here.

I like all the Eagles (thus my sign in name). Felder is my favorite, and I'd really like to see a positive place where I could read and write posts about my favorite Eagle without recrimination.

The posts on the last few pages have been very encouraging from some of the regulars, saying they said too much and want to make this a place where Felder fans can feel comfortable and enjoy visiting. It's extremely nice to see posters understanding how it might feel to have your favorite Eagle under attack so often, and to even feel under attack yourself.

Thank you for making efforts for us all to get along and enjoy this good site!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    VG-

I'd just like the board going forward to become a drama-free zone and that we respect all members and we refrain from nasty comments to one another OR that we attack members.

Stuck on the Border

I've always thought it must be tough to be a Felder fan on this board, but you're needed because you can provide that viewpoint. If you read Soda's history of the websites and board, you can see their origins were as a fan site and message board for Glenn Frey before being opened up to cover the band past and present. It's neither surprising nor wrong that the message board remains pro-Frey.

Unfortunately, the disagreements between Felder and Frey have become public and unsurprisingly, fans want to discuss. Given that the board has more fans of Frey than Felder, it's always going to be lop-sided. In terms of press, it's even more lop-sided as while Felder still speaks of the other band members, they rarely acknowledge him.

What I'm going to try to do is avoid repeating old arguments. If Felder has something new to say, it's worth discussing but if he's repeating the same stories, there's nothing to be gained.

In his latest interview, the news was his upcoming EP but that was spun off into a separate thread which I assume has been nice and positive.

As for why Schmit and Walsh rarely speak of Felder, I assume that their publicists have advised them that it would distract from whatever they are trying to promote and they can benefit from the Eagles association without any mention of Felder. In contrast, with Felder, any reference to the Eagles will lead to questions of why he left and will he rejoin.

Stuck on the Border

Or perhaps the more "controversial" stuff about individual members/ex-members could be in the Eagles forum, and the member forums would be about positive stuff only. I don't know...Anyway, recently I tried to put myself in a Felder fan's position, and suddenly a lot of the complaints became more clear. When two Felder fans want to discuss him in the Felder forum, it's not right if I always step in to ruin it with the same old thing.

(I say "Felder", because there are two Dons)

By the way, although this is off-topic, I want to make another thing clear...I have often said that (IMO) Glenn "kills" Felder in Too Many Hands guitarwise. I have never meant to bash Felder with that. It's more the opposite. What I've meant is that Glenn is really great in that song, because he plays even better than Felder.
    Last edited by chaim; 10-23-2016 at 01:05 PM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles7 View Post
    I like all the Eagles (thus my sign in name). Felder is my favorite, and I'd really like to see a positive place where I could read and write posts about my favorite Eagle without recrimination.
    Eagles7, while I empathize with what you and others are saying, this would create a very precarious situation. Perhaps without intending it, you are basically asking for a place where you can post your opinion but others can’t respond with theirs. As I said in another thread, if you want to post your opinion here, then you must be prepared for other members to disagree and challenge what you write. While we ask our members to be respectful when stating an opinion and avoid personal attacks, I really don’t think it’s fair to ask them not to respond to comments they want to discuss on a message board.

Hopefully, as long as all members follow the Netiquette Guidelines by remaining tolerant of others views and being respectful of members of the board and the band, we will be able to maintain civil discussion both in this forum and the board as a whole.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016