Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Deacon and the Future

Border Rebel

Default Re: Deacon and the Future

Well, Don had made a statement to the effect that when Deacon's ready to go out on his own or do his own thing, they'll support him 100%, so I think he wants to Deacon to do what makes him happy, as well.

I just skimmed through this thread now. I think Deacon could do the Jakob Dylan route of having a band as the main name, instead of his own. However, like some of you have pointed out, this situation is unique. He's being thrust into the limelight at baseball stadiums getting his name out there to at least 30k people every time they play. So having a Wallflowers sort of thing may backfire in terms of being commercially successful.

I thought he did pretty good at the Classic shows, considering that this was the first time he had to perform in front of a ton of people. But there are always skeptics when it comes to children of successful musicians, so this is where having a Wallflowers sort of thing works.

Does he go solo with his name or does he form a band, like Jakob Dylan? Ultimately, it is up to Deacon, if he wants to continue to perform and eventually write songs. Or if he wants to continue doing production work, and based on his SoundCloud, it's mainly hip-hop instrumentals. Whatever he does, I hope he has a lot of fun.

This is all just fun speculation, so only time will tell.

Stuck on the Border

I agree with everyone who hope Deacon will do whatever makes him happy and pursue his dreams. If what he is doing now makes him happy then fine. I would guess Deacon finds it healing and a wonderful way to honor his father doing these shows. I'm sure Glenn and Cindy, like all parents would want him to do what makes him happy.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 08-05-2017 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I think of it as more like putting in a few hours with the family business but being free to explore his own interests for the rest of the time. It sounds like Henley has lots of other things he wants to be doing, so the Eagles duties will be far from full-time.

Deacon may not be starting at the bottom, but think of it as an accelerated learning program. He's gaining exeprience of a large organisation with mentoring from the people at the top.

Still, I have been thinking of how different his experience must be from his father's at that age but if it's only for a few weeks at a time, I expect he'll cope with mixing with the old fogeys.
    I was also thinking in terms of a family business, esp. after the Don H comments about apprenticeships. And there's nothing inherently wrong with a young man stepping into his late father's role in the family business. It happens all the time and doesn't mean he can't forge his path while doing so.

Deacon is in a special position in that he doesn't have to sing for his supper. I am confident he'll manage to still have fun while performing with, as you say, the old fogeys.

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    I just skimmed through this thread now. I think Deacon could do the Jakob Dylan route of having a band as the main name, instead of his own. However, like some of you have pointed out, this situation is unique. He's being thrust into the limelight at baseball stadiums getting his name out there to at least 30k people every time they play. So having a Wallflowers sort of thing may backfire in terms of being commercially successful.

I thought he did pretty good at the Classic shows, considering that this was the first time he had to perform in front of a ton of people. But there are always skeptics when it comes to children of successful musicians, so this is where having a Wallflowers sort of thing works.

Does he go solo with his name or does he form a band, like Jakob Dylan? Ultimately, it is up to Deacon, if he wants to continue to perform and eventually write songs. Or if he wants to continue doing production work, and based on his SoundCloud, it's mainly hip-hop instrumentals. Whatever he does, I hope he has a lot of fun.

This is all just fun speculation, so only time will tell.
    Great post, RudieCantFail! I didn't know Deacon had a SoundCloud account. ITA with the spirit of your last statement.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...