Page 4 of 145 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I reserve my right to complain. Once again, the people who object to this are being told to be silent.
    Although this one thread was supposed to be the one place where such views are allowed to be expressed.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Although this one thread was supposed to be the one place where such views are allowed to be expressed.
    Indeed.

Out on the Border DiscoStrangler's Avatar

If you want to complain, more power to you. Like I said, they're going to keep going apparently no matter if you like it or not. Doesn't make it right. It's just a fact.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoStrangler View Post
    If you want to complain, more power to you. Like I said, they're going to keep going apparently no matter if you like it or not. Doesn't make it right. It's just a fact.
    Thank you for saying this. Everyone already knew it though.

No one is claiming the band doesn't have the right to do what they want.

But that doesn't mean they are exempt from criticism. Or complaints.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Lilsten to the title line of LITFL. That is Glenn. You seem to forget that song barely has any harmonies.

In HC I assume he's singing part of the harmonies in the chorus.

Regardless it seems rather unfair to pick out two songs where there aren't that many harmonies to make a case that Glenn is hard to hear in them.

At this point I am banging my head against a brick wall. I already know your views on the subject of Glenn's vocals. You stick to them and I will stick to mine.
    No I just mean I can’t personally pick his voice out a lot. Not that I pick out many voices in the harmonies that often anyway. Unless he sings lead I don’t hear his individual part well. Besides that I don’t think you understand how much I appreciate his voice but that’s ok I don’t want to argue about it

Lilsten to the title line of LITFL. That is Glenn. You seem to forget that song barely has any harmonies.

In HC I assume he's singing part of the harmonies in the chorus.

Regardless it seems rather unfair to pick out two songs where there aren't that many harmonies to make a case that Glenn is hard to hear in them.

At this point I am banging my head against a brick wall. I already know your views on the subject of Glenn's vocals. You stick to them and I will stick to mine.
    What harmonies do you hear Glenn well on? This question could be open to anyone. I just don’t hear it well

Stuck on the Border

Well YEF, I have to say I think Glenn's backing vocals have always been the most prominent in all their songs. Look at the Capital Center Concert - you can hear it loud and clear. The same goes for all the other videos up on you tube. Yes, he blends in, but he is usually the easiest in MHO to hear and pick out. And that goes for every song he sings harmony/backing vocals in.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Well YEF, I have to say I think Glenn's backing vocals have always been the most prominent in all their songs. Look at the Capital Center Concert - you can hear it loud and clear. The same goes for all the other videos up on you tube. Yes, he blends in, but he is usually the easiest in MHO to hear and pick out. And that goes for every song he sings harmony/backing vocals in.
    Thanks NKIT I'm afraid I tend to focus more on Glenn's superb lead vocals I just find his passionate emotive style of telling a story through a song so compelling I forget all about his backing vocals and harmonizing.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Banned

Glenn Frey's harmonies were not 'inaudible'.
    Yes! which leads me to believe that Joe was not refering to Glenn.