Page 143 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

I just saw a picture of the 3.0 lineup from a recent show. OMG they are back to the dreaded funeral suits from LROOE era. Maybe it's been this way for awhile. I intentionally don't seek out 3.0 era stuff but it popped up on my social media feed. Makes me think the suits were Henley's idea vs Glenn's during LROOE. Maybe both but it seems something Don would like. I so very appreciated the casual clothing of the HOTE tour after seeing the LROOE tour. And the F1 tour that preceded the LROOE tour and all the tours before that weren't like that. If you aren't going to dress like rockstars, at least dress like average joe's in shirts and jeans! Not this all black business suit stuff. So very not rock and roll band and so very very corporate rock and stuffy and formal. Joe's suit looked so long on him and went so far down it almost looked like a magician's cape.

Something so very stuffy about suits and low stage volumes and controlling your audience's every move. Which in my mind screams Don Henley to a T. He's a brilliant lyricist and vocalist but he's so serious and so uptight and kinda sucks the fun out of it at times. This is not new news however - he's been that way for a long time, at least since his solo career. I mean starting with The End Of The Innocence album he got very serious and formal and the music from TEOTI reflected that. He worse suits and sunglasses onstage in his solo shows for years where the stage volumes were so low, his guitarist commented in an interview I read that you could hear the front row talking over them if they would have spoke. And that's fine if you like that kind of thing, but if you are used to AC/DC or The Rolling Stones or a more rock n' roll fun concert type of band, well it's a little too much for me. Yet here they are still playing those rocking' songs about Life In The Fast Lane and Those Shoes while looking like Wall Street executives or lawyers. It's kind of ironic and laughingly so. For the guy who wanted to "kill all the lawyers" (figuratively) as he passionately sang in Get Over it, Mr. Don Henley sure fits the appearance and personality of one quite well here in 2021. I just saw Glenn as more of a classic rockstar, but one that could also be comfortable in a button up and torn jeans. Very cool, very fitting but also had this quality about him that made him seem like an "Ordinary Average Guy" and relatable and blue-collar. I can't say Don has ever fit that image.

I mean at the end of the day I don't really care what they wear now as I'm not in the market for an "Eagles" show anymore, but it just doesn't sit well with me and brought up old LROOE-era hard feelings. I just thought it was an interesting observation and made me think about how funny it looks if you stop and think about it. But I'm sure Winger probably has a funny feeling about going out and singing "Seventeen" every show as if they were still very young men. So it comes with the territory to an extent.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Agreed. Suits work better for Kiss. https://youtu.be/8c5FfjXNKNs

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Agreed. Suits work better for Kiss. https://youtu.be/8c5FfjXNKNs
    I actually quite like Tommy's suit. It looks rock n' roll and looks like something Ace would actually have worn in place of the space suit. The other 3? Well, not so much. I like KISS with the pyro and the classic outfits.

Rock n' roll is supposed to be fun, damnit!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - Count me in as someone who definitely prefers rock stars without suits. As far as those Long Road Out of Eden suits, I don't know whose idea it was - the good news is that the band ditched them after the first leg of the tour.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I actually quite like Tommy's suit. It looks rock n' roll and looks like something Ace would actually have worn in place of the space suit. The other 3? Well, not so much. I like KISS with the pyro and the classic outfits.

Rock n' roll is supposed to be fun, damnit!
    Although I was joking above, I do think that the suit look worked as a one-off thing for Kiss, as it was obviously referring to their Dressed To Kill cover. I think they all looked pretty cool there - better than the original lineup looked on the DTK cover!

Well, with it looking like Deacon is no longer in the "Eagles", I think we were all right from the beginning about Don Henley lying about needing the Frey family blood to continue.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

Well, with it looking like Deacon is no longer in the "Eagles", I think we were all right from the beginning about Don Henley lying about needing the Frey family blood to continue.
    I don't know what goes on in Don's head, but I've always thought that he was worried about how people would take it if they continued. I don't think he personally felt that the "blood" had to be there. When they were still a success, I think he didn't feel the need to worry anymore. But it's just what I think.

I'd say you're right, chaim.

I just watched Steuart Smith and he's now doing the Glenn solo on Already Gone and Joe is doing the Felder solo. Evidentally the Frey solo was too much for Joe to learn. It's not hard but it is a lot more all over the neck than the Felder solo Steuart is used to doing. Vince sounded dreadful on AG. Deacon definitely sounds better as a rocker vocal. I think the only think Vince Gill knows about rockers is that they are a type of chair. Just so out of place. Better on the PEF/Tequila Sunrise type numbers, but still not close to Glenn.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

I'd say you're right, chaim.

I just watched Steuart Smith and he's now doing the Glenn solo on Already Gone and Joe is doing the Felder solo. Evidentally the Frey solo was too much for Joe to learn. It's not hard but it is a lot more all over the neck than the Felder solo Steuart is used to doing. Vince sounded dreadful on AG. Deacon definitely sounds better as a rocker vocal. I think the only think Vince Gill knows about rockers is that they are a type of chair. Just so out of place. Better on the PEF/Tequila Sunrise type numbers, but still not close to Glenn.
    I think Joe is really starting to have problems with his fingers. If you've ever looked at his fingers they twitch uncontrollably He usually keeps his hands in a fist or holds one hand with the other. I've seen him lose his pick because his thumb jerks up and if you watch his left thumb it pops up and down even when he's not moving the rest of his hand. He's had this problem for years, since the early 90's at least. Back then he always kept his hands in his pockets. If he has on short sleeves you can see the muscle twitch all the way up his shoulders.
    When he plays in his bands I've noticed his rhythm guitar person is playing more and more of the solo parts. He and Steuart are playing more and more together. I like the sound but I wonder if it's out of necessity as much as sound

Stuck on the Border

I haven't watched that many videos featuring Vince or Vince and Deacon...Now you're talking about who plays what, are there songs from the days before Joe that Don doesn't play drums on? If there are, there's not one original person playing his original part (and only one is singing his original part.) I assume Don still plays drums on the earlier songs.