Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: May 17 Bergen PAC, Englewood, NJ

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default May 17 Bergen PAC, Englewood, NJ

What a totally awesome evening! A great get-together of Borderers (and HH's DH), an absolutely fantastic concert, followed by meeting up with some of the band members in the hotel bar afterwards. Will post more later, and I have lots of pictures.
    Last edited by VAisForEagleLovers; 05-22-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Default May 17 Bergen PAC, Englewood, NJ

Just logging in very quickly from a pesky location known as work, to let you all briefly know what an AWESOME HSG show Glenn put on last night!! I hadn't really heard the album yet, though I was familiar with most of his "new" songs from their previous artists, and I LOVED his renditions! His voice just suited the jazzy arrangements to a "T," and he sounded spot-on! The band was tight...10 musicians, I think (I did count, I've just forgotten...oh, brother....)

And just as I expected when Nancy is involved, even though this was the first time I had met most of the Borderers at this concert (other than Kay), there was some real notable excitement at the after hours After Hours "party" at the hotel where Joanie (and her honey, Jesse), Lissa, and last-minute arrival Verna were staying. And I will leave it at that until I can post more later...
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Border Rebel

Default Re: May 17 Bergen PAC, Englewood, NJ

My wife and I were at the show last night as we live in NJ and this was a fairly easy trek to make. We hadn't been to any kind of a live concert in over a year so this was a real treat. Glenn did not disappoint and while I was hoping for a few more upbeat tunes, the 20 song set he played was more than we could've hoped for.

Some of the things he did were among the best performances I'd ever seen by him (alone or with Eagles). HIghlights for us were 1)After Hours, 2)The One You Love (which was drop dead amazing!), 3)Smuggler's Blues (I like the more rocking version better, but this bluesier one worked well too), 4)Take It to The Limit and 5)The Buffalo Springfield's "On The Way Home" which I know is the best version I've heard of that by anyone. He really owned and I hope it shows up on that dvd set due next year.

I was amazed at how well Glenn sang, expecially since he appeared to have a cold of allergy issue. Doing a 105 set on your own without others to share vocals with is tough and he handled it perfectly. There were a few pretty noticeable pitch issues (most notably at the very beginning of "Caroline No" and throughout "You Belong To The City" where it appeared that he was having a tough time getting some of the high notes), but aside from these, I was so impressed by his vocal work.

In summation, this was one of the best shows I've seen a very long time. Glenn really is a professional!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Hey, Ev and SS, glad to hear Glenn didn't disappoint! Thanks for filling us in! Can't wait to hear more!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Sounds like you all had such a wonderful time! And I love the phrase 'After Hours After Hours party'!

I don't suppose any of you thought to ask any of the band if there are any more dates in the offing........?

Coz if not I'm gonna work on a window that's a teeny bit open. It's called 'plan c'
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Sounds like you all had such a wonderful time! And I love the phrase 'After Hours After Hours party'!

I don't suppose any of you thought to ask any of the band if there are any more dates in the offing........?

Coz if not I'm gonna work on a window that's a teeny bit open. It's called 'plan c'
    There are no dates in the offing that they admitted to. The San Jose and Saratoga dates 'didn't work out'. They said that Glenn is having such fun with this, it wouldn't surprise them if he booked more dates. But they said they didn't know of any, and you know, even if they did, they are probably limited in what they can say.
    VK

First off, I'll say that Town Hall in NYC was stunning and impressive. DC was a little more loose, more talking and even better vocally and musically. Last night's concert was all of that and completely fun. No annoying audience members where I was, though HH can't say the same. With each show, my standards go up and he continues to exceed them.

I decided at noon yesterday I was gonna do this show, so I bought a single ticket, washed the hair, packed everything except saline solution, and hit the road before 1pm. I got to the hotel to meet the others around 6:15 and was ready for a great time.

I think it was after Rt. 66, I got the sweetest smile from Glenn. Made my night, at least until he started The Look of Love facing in my general direction. Serious melting going there and that really made my night! He sang it to perfection, again. I could listen to that all night.

He did have some sort of runny nose issue going on, someone actually brought out a tissue. It didn't seem to me that it affected his vocals any.

The After Hours After Party was a lot of fun, and it got better when Michael, Wade, and Tom stopped in. Scott Crago got there before they did and took off as soon as he got his Sprite. Did we scare him? Probably...

This morning, we saw Michael as we went out to breakfast (HH, her DH, and I), then saw Wade at the restaurant. Using the Wifi in the lobby later, we saw them all come out and get on their bus. Yes, Steph, even Will!

OK, I might write more later (I'm supposed to be working), but let's move on the proof that Glenn was once again HS&G.
    VK

Photobucket FINALLY cooperated...

VK

VK

VK