Page 55 of 92 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Banned

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Thanks for posting the link UTW. I'm interested to see if Don's changed his tune since Glenn died.

"I want to give a tip of my hat to my ex-bandmate, who I created so many great songs with."

I, my, my, I......,
    I guess not

• Don Felder

• 8 p.m. Friday, July 8.

• Rockin’ on the Riverfront at the Riverfront Plaza behind the GM RenCen in downtown Detroit.

• Admission is free.
    I like the free admission line. Hope it went well and Don didn't have to eject any hecklers.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Thanks for posting the link UTW. I'm interested to see if Don's changed his tune since Glenn died.

"I want to give a tip of my hat to my ex-bandmate, who I created so many great songs with."
    It's classic Felder.

Banned

I guess Felder is doing a string of promo interviews.

I read that he's asking folks to sign a Kennedy Center petition.
    http://www.kshe95.com/news/real-rock...y-center-honor

He is...

https://twitter.com/donfelder?ref_sr...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

This is a Felder quote from http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ife/160719594/ (hidden text )

" I let it go. I think somebody wrote a song called 'Get Over It.' To quote a great lyricist, I've gotten over it."

This quote is also from the Daily Herald, a week or so ago;

"To this day, I still don't get it," Felder told me. "We all did our thing that made the band grow, and we should have all shared in it equally."

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...hts/160709314/

Sincerity eh?

I didn't think much of Return To Forever but I look forward to hearing Don's new music.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It's nice that he plans on mentioning Glenn at the Detroit show tomorrow. I wish he could have left it at that. Unfortunately, there always has to be the addendum of how "gracious" he is versus how mean the other guys were.
    He hopes his 'sincerity' 'will be received with warm hearts' and then proceeds to complain for the umpteenth time about how his 'conciliatory gestures have gone unanswered'.

If he were truly 'sincere' about speaking about Glenn he wouldn't need to say so. He'd just do it. The self aggrandisement wouldn't be necessary to a person like Joe or Don Henley who actually cared.

Of course, as has been stated, the 'my ex-bandmate' 'who I created songs with' stuff, while entirely predictable, grates.

I've never known a musician to be this egocentric & self-obsessed.
    Last edited by Freypower; 07-14-2016 at 09:12 PM.

Stuck on the Border

I don't spend much time here posting, although I follow what's going on everyday. However, Felder always gets my head boiling and I have to say something. He's the only person I'm aware of who feels and makes it clear that it's about HIM when he's paying a tribute to someone. HE created so many songs with the person he's paying a tribute to. He wants people to see that HE's sincere when he's paying the tribute.

It's also interesting how IN PRIVATE he has tried to contact them, but IN PUBLIC still likes to paint them as the bad guys. IMO he got over nothing.

Oh, and what a lovely way to pay a tribute to keep saying that HE tried to contact his ex-bandmates, but they never "got over it".
    Last edited by chaim; 07-14-2016 at 10:40 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    I quite like this board, and I love the Eagles, but I do not get the bitterness that some still display towards Felder. They are all old men and Frey is dead. It's ridiculous for the animosity to continue. If we had to ability to speak to Frey right now, wherever he landed, I guarantee that he would tell you that it doesn't matter. Let it go, for Christ's sake.

That's just my opinion. That and $5 will get you a cup of Starbucks.
    I don't enjoy feeling this way about Felder. Don is a sweetheart when he talks about his new music or guitars, but the old Henley/Frey stuff always comes up.

I can't speak for others, but I still "display bitterness" towards Felder, because of this "me me me" attitude he still seems to have when it comes to the Eagles. And the "I've tried to contact them" stuff is really getting old. He still doesn't say anything in public that makes himself look less than a saint when it comes to the Eagles. If he REALLY would like to make peace with Henley, perhaps he could say in public that he may have gone too far at times - when he has changed his stories in interviews whenever he has felt the need to trash Glenn Frey (the "Iron lung" example comes to mind). The bipolar thing about Glenn he should apologize for etc. etc. But no, he hasn't done anything wrong and he doesn't know why they don't answer his calls. All this whining from the saint just gives the Henley/Frey haters (most of whom don't know anything about it) more "fuel to the fire". I'm pretty sure that doesn't help the Eagles guys "answer his calls". Felder could tell the interviewers "no questions about my relationship with the Eagles", but it's always the same "Oh, I can't believe those jerks don't answer your calls, you wrote their biggest hit" from the interviewer. Most Felder interviews seem to be full of negativity towards Henley & Frey. Felder could change that.

(There are a lot more people in social media who still "display bitterness" towards Henley and Frey. Should they get over it too?)
    Last edited by chaim; 07-17-2016 at 02:13 AM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Very well said, Toni. I have said many times on this board that I don't enjoy talking negatively about people. However, if someone doesn't want people to take shots at them, then they need to quit giving them ammunition. As far as 'getting over it', I have said repeatedly that I would love to after over 15 years, but as Toni said, folks wouldn't have anything to talk about if Felder didn't keep adding 'fuel to the fire'. I believe he does it because it is in his best interest to do so - it keeps his name visible. As the old saying goes 'bad press is better than no press at all'.

As I said, I'm personally tired of it all and prefer to stay out of the discussions. But, if our members find that there are things that are discussion-worthy, then they are free to do so as long as they abide by our Terms of Service and Netiquette Guidelines. If anyone crosses the line, then the moderators will step in.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I don't think anyone is keeping anybody else from enjoying Felder. Is that even possible? "Stop enjoying Felder this minute!" lol Now, if people feel they can't praise him without getting criticized, I can see why that would be upsetting. If you look at the criticisms of Felder, though, they aren't about his talent. They're about the statements he makes, and by extension, the attitude he takes.

Of course there are people who like him, rightfully so. I think he's talented, too. I've paid to see him twice. The first time, I drove five hours to see him; the second, I drove three hours and even paid for a VIP meet'n'greet. I own Airborne as well as Road to Forever. That's not even counting the I site I built for him and the free promotion he gets from it. I actually probably know more about the guy than most of the people who post in this forum.

Yes, I'm critical of some comments he makes, and I don't "take his side" as some put it. I appreciate his music, but apparently, that's not good enough. You must also agree that he is the better man, that he is the hero of the tale and the other guys are the villains. If you don't buy into that narrative, you're "anti-Felder", no matter how many albums you own or how many shows you've seen. I don't think that's fair, but it's typical of the absolutist "you're either with us or against us" thinking that permeates our culture.

However, when it comes to these threads: as long as Felder keeps talking about the other guys, people will keep responding to his statements. That's only reasonable. Look to other threads if all you want to read is praise.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

It's sad if this makes the forum less enjoyable for Felder fans. Perhaps I should express things more carefully - without words like "saint". But then again, people who don't like Glenn don't often watch out what they say either (I think I've seen words like "jerk" quite often). And it's not that I hate Don F. I think I'm more like...disappointed. Having said that, I can see how my "me me me" comment about Don F may offend some people. Perhaps I should use "IMO" more often.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Sometimes I think that Don F doesn't always mean to antagonise fans of the other Eagles, but his choice of words is unfortunate and makes him look bad (just my opinion). For example, when he spoke of wanting to 'have a beer with Joe', I really don't believe that he chose that phrase to upset anyone, he was probably just using the first set of words that came into his head and forgot about Joe's alcohol problems in the past. I think the 'I created great songs [with Glenn]' comment was probably in the same vein - I don't think it was insincere but was phrased in a way that made it sound like he was (again just IMO).