Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465 LastLast

Thread: Petmania

Border Desperado

Default Re: Petmania

https://mail.aol.com/webmail/getPart...n_20141127.JPG

Here's Copper from a couple of winters ago when he stayed at Best Friends when we went out of town. In most of my pics he is with our Rhodesian Ridgeback Pumpkin who died suddenly and unexpectedly and I didn't have the heart to crop her out

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I'm not able to open that on my phone but I'll try on a PC. It wants me to log into AOL but I don't have an account.

I'm sorry about Pumpkin. Rhodesian Ridgebacks are beautiful dogs.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'm not able to see the picture either, VG.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado

Sorry bout that. I tried copying the link of the pic Best Friends had emailed me from my old email( obviously aol). I used the iPad to do it, as hubby was doing one of his daily PC scans and God forbid that should ever be interrupted

Let me try to save it to another file and then upload it. I really liked that one of Copper because he looks so red! He still had his buddy Pumpkin so he wasn't depressed and hadn't turned all gray in the face yet

I could post a pic that my husband hates to get back at him for being such a PC control freak. Basically, he's sleeping on his side of his bed on his left side with his head on the pillows and Copper is in my place, sleeping like a,human, on his,left side, head on the pillow, body under the covers. He snuck in there when I got up to go to the bathroom.

I shared the photo with a bunch of people. Copper looks amazing. Hubby not so,much. Rooster hair, drool on the pillow, you get picture....

Border Desperado

NMB, thanks for your thoughts about Pumpkin. Not only was she physically beautiful, but that dog had such a gentle heart and kind soul. Talk about unconditional love.
    Time has passed, but I still feel a big void. We rescued her from a Rhodesian Ridgeback rescue org. in TX, but she really rescued me <3

Border Desperado

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGirl View Post
    Hello, Copper! What a handsome fella. Thank you for sharing, VG.

Pumpkin's sweet soul shows in her face.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Not sure if this was a pet or a working dog, but I had an unusual experience the other day. I was cycling through some pretty deserted countryside. When I had to stop to open a farm gate, I noticed a large dog appear and come running towards me. Not knowing what the dog would do, I waited. It ran up to me, climbing through a fence on the way, climbed up me, and then hugged me with its front legs. Quite tightly too. I waited a bit more to see what it would do, but it just held on. Eventually I said "down" in an authoritative voice, and it did.

Unusual.

Border Desperado

NightMistBlue, sorry, I should have made it clear! That was Copper with a bunch of other boarders. Pumpkin wasn't in that pic. She did not tolerate the cold well due to her short coat and likely chose to hang out out and lounge inside with the other doggie boarders( this place is better than some of the places I've had to stay at!)

AnnoyingTwit(I feel awful addressing you as that btw!), that is a very interesting story indeed. It sounds just like Copper's disposition! Perhaps a long, long lost cousin. The Redbone Coonhound originally came from Scotland/ Northern England. When brought to the States breeder in TN bred it with other hounds to make it more "swamp sturdy".

Poor Copper's early life was a hard one in KY.Was bounced from home to home to correctional facility to train to be a therapy dog for the inmates, then yanked out of that program cause some idiot family decided they had to have him as a pet right then and there. Sadly, he was found abandoned 2 months later malnourished on the side of a road.

He, along with some other dogs were brought to a hound rescue org. in MA. We adopted him when he was 5 not after our sweet Basset Hound passed to keep our Ridgeback company. Copper is 9 now and how anyone could give this boy up is beyond me. Even Eddie, our neurotic Siamese mix, loves him.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGirl View Post
    AnnoyingTwit(I feel awful addressing you as that btw!), that is a very interesting story indeed. It sounds just like Copper's disposition! Perhaps a long, long lost cousin. The Redbone Coonhound originally came from Scotland/ Northern England. When brought to the States breeder in TN bred it with other hounds to make it more "swamp sturdy".
    The username helps me explain my foibles - e.g. on another forum I've reported how I bought a crank for one of my bicycles without first checking out how many varieties they come in and bought the wrong one.

I'm sorry to hear about Copper. I know what it's like to lose a long loved pet, and it isn't nice. Dogs' personalities vary a lot, and there are some real big softies out there. Sorry to hear about your loss.