Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Backup Band and Additional Musicians

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Backup Band and Additional Musicians

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    I saw him with dh in 2006 at the borgata in new jersey as part of the band
    Only ones not w him on that show was gf and tbs
    That was several years after Storytellers.

If it was a solo show, JW wasn't there either.

Border Troubadour

Another question if y'all don't mind During the current rendition of Saturday Night, at the start of the second verse an accordion starts; who would play this? I think Michael Thompson did it for Tequila Sunrise back in Farewell 1 so I'm guessing it's him? (It could be a keyboard in all honesty, the audio ain't brilliant on the videos I've seen.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    shun - I can't remember if Steuart was playing with Don on the VH1 Storytellers or not because I've only seen it once or twice and that was several years ago. Maybe someone else here can answer that.

But, on Inside Job, I believe Steuart played on one or two songs on the CD, but he was not in the band for the taping of the DVD. I think Will and Michael Thompson were the only members of the Eagles' current backup band that appeared on the DVD. I don't know if he was part of Don's Inside Job touring band or not.

So, bottom line is, I guess I wasn't that much help to you. Sorry.
    I don't think Steuart was on VH1 Storytellers either. Nor was Michael Thompson. Will was on 'piano duties' and there was another keyboard player.

I think it wasn't Steuart. I was watching a DVD where it had Don's performance on Saturday Night Live from I think '89 or '90 and it was the same guy, but he had long hair. So he's been in Don's band since The End of the Innocence days. I don't think he's in Don's band today.

Stuck on the Border

I think that previous keyboards player may have been Timothy Drury, who was in the Eagles' backing band for the HFO tour. I can't answer TLR's question because I haven't heard the current version of Saturday Night, but Michael Thompson is usually a good bet for these extra instruments.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I think it wasn't Steuart. I was watching a DVD where it had Don's performance on Saturday Night Live from I think '89 or '90 and it was the same guy, but he had long hair. So he's been in Don's band since The End of the Innocence days. I don't think he's in Don's band today.
    Was it John Corey?

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Another question if y'all don't mind During the current rendition of Saturday Night, at the start of the second verse an accordion starts; who would play this? I think Michael Thompson did it for Tequila Sunrise back in Farewell 1 so I'm guessing it's him? (It could be a keyboard in all honesty, the audio ain't brilliant on the videos I've seen.)
    We know there is a mandolin from somewhere offstage on Saturday Night - there's been some speculation it may be Bernie playing it, but who knows. Is there another instrument from offstage as well?

Quote Originally Posted by chilipepper View Post
    Was it John Corey?
    No. It wasn't John.

Border Troubadour

I've been looking through some of the HOTE concert videos on YouTube and was wondering, when does Richard FW Davis actually play the keyboard in front of him? He always seems to be doing some form of percussion! (I'm not criticising him for this btw, I'm genuinely curious.)

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    I've been looking through some of the HOTE concert videos on YouTube and was wondering, when does Richard FW Davis actually play the keyboard in front of him? He always seems to be doing some form of percussion! (I'm not criticising him for this btw, I'm genuinely curious.)
    TLR, I just found a photo of Joe in Prettymaid's birthday thread where Richard is in the background facing his keyboard!

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...475#post267475