View Poll Results: Do you support a new album by the Eagles + Guests?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. If the band is inspired to create new music, I would like to hear and/or buy it.

11 31.43%
  • No. The Eagles' last studio album was in 2007. Nothing they do now can measure up to past releases.

12 34.29%
  • It depends on if and how the "Eagles" name is used.

3 8.57%
  • Only if previously unreleased/newly discovered Glenn music is included.

5 14.29%
  • I don't know/not sure.

4 11.43%

Thread: Poll: Do you support a new album by Eagles + Guests?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Default Re: Poll: Do you support a new album by Eagles + Guests?

I'd love a new Eagles album. I can find many flaws with Long Road Out Of Eden but I'm delighted that they made it.

I'll buy anything with Walsh on it. I wish I had 100 Walsh LPs in my collection. I thought Henley and Schmit's most recent albums were right up there with their best. I'm sure I'd enjoy anything they put together as a collective.

Deacon's an unknown quantity but he seemed to be excellent in the live performances I've viewed. I don't think I'll ever be a fan of Vince Gill's music.

I don't want the Eagles to fizzle out as a premium retro music act, which is what was happening even before Glenn died. I want them to be better than that.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I'd love a new Eagles album. I can find many flaws with Long Road Out Of Eden but I'm delighted that they made it.

I'll buy anything with Walsh on it. I wish I had 100 Walsh LPs in my collection. I thought Henley and Schmit's most recent albums were right up there with their best. I'm sure I'd enjoy anything they put together as a collective.

Deacon's an unknown quantity but he seemed to be excellent in the live performances I've viewed. I don't think I'll ever be a fan of Vince Gill's music.

I don't want the Eagles to fizzle out as a premium retro music act, which is what was happening even before Glenn died. I want them to be better than that.
    Not that there is any point in responding to this, but they CAN'T be 'better' any more. In my opinion.

Even if they did make an album it would probably suffer the same cruel fate as LROOE did live.

As for a live album, it certainly would not assuage my anger. On the contrary, I would feel even more betrayed, if that were possible. You may as well ask them to release a live DVD of this lineup, which is more likely. Would I even think of buying that? No. The only thing I would have bought would have been a Concert for George type tribute, which didn't happen. So forget it.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I would not have any interest in a new album by the current line up - Deacon will eventually break away and start developing his own musical brand. I suppose Vince Gill will stay as long as he's needed but to me he will never be a true 'Eagle'.

I WOULD like to see a DVD of the HOTE shows and I would definitely buy that.
    I would also love to have seen some sort of posthumous release of Glenn s material. I do believe that he had some substantial work done towards a new album and I'm sorry that those that could control such things did not consider this important enough. Both Bowie and Prince have had tribute releases and I feel Glenn has once again been overlooked. Even if it was incomplete or was augmented with previous releases or perhaps photos it would have been nice and his fans would have appreciated it.
    But I would prefer that this was an album dedicated to just Glenn rather than just him being stuck into a general album. Surely he deserves that much?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

FP & GA - Amen. I would love a dvd of the HOTE tour. I would also love an album of Glenn's songs but would settle for an Eagles album with NUMEROUS unreleased Glenn/Eagles vocals. However, not the usual one song per album. I love Don's, Tim, Randy and Joe's voice but I think they lost a lot when Glenn turned over almost all the vocals to Don. IMHO, that's what was so special about them. Four real lead singers.
    However, it appears we will have to settle for Jack's new album. Thank God for him and Bob.

Stuck on the Border

I like to think I would give and album of new music a fair chance regardless of which name they used but the truth is I'd probably be resistant. Anyway, there's no point me hoping for or worrying about something that will probably never happen.

Using Glenn's analogy of the mothership, it's a nice, safe place and takes a lot of people and effort to get moving. Which is why they have the smaller, more agile boats that go off and explore.

I'd rather hear the solo efforts than a band effort that takes a lot of their time and energy and compromise. I felt this way before Glenn died.

Border Rebel

I chose the "not sure" option, but chances are that if they did put out new music, I'd be curious enough to buy it.

I doubt that it will happen, except maybe live albums from HOTE or the current tour. They were definitely taping at the Classic East the night I was there, and Timothy had different areas of the crowd cheering while each area was was lit up, and the cameras scanned that area.

It's not something I spend much time thinking about, though. IF they do, great. I might like it. I might not. If they don't put out anything new, I'm okay with that, too.
    Last edited by maryc2130; 08-23-2017 at 11:04 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    They were definitely taping at the Classic East the night I was there, and Timothy had different areas of the crowd cheering while each area was was lit up, and the cameras scanned that area.
    A very small part of that showed up in the promotional video for the mini-tour.