Page 93 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Love Vince Gill just don't see the need to add him to the lineup to sing and/or play Eagles songs. Truth be told, I am very disappointed in Henley ... Azoff not so much .. bushels of hundred dollar bills and all that ...

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Was Bernie's involvement ever officially confirmed?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

On another note... I just got an email advertising the new line up and pricing changes. The e-mail, however, led with the presale info and included the new lineup information, shall we say.

Several of my Mac friends are talking about getting a one day pass and going now. I think we're going to see a lot more sales.

It's interesting to me that they made the announcements in tandem. I wonder why.

I'm moving this post from the Classic East/West Concert thread so my response will be under the appropriate topic. I haven't posted here lately b/c I haven't had anything new to say really but since it was brought up in the other "safe" thread, I made a comment. This is my opinion only, no need for any hostility.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Love Vince Gill just don't see the need to add him to the lineup to sing and/or play Eagles songs. Truth be told, I am very disappointed in Henley ... Azoff not so much .. bushels of hundred dollar bills and all that ...

If no one else is added to the line-up--not as a replacement for Glenn or even a new Eagle but as a guest--then I think it will only confirm what others are apprehensive about--that it looks like Glenn is expendable. It will seem the remaining 3 are going on as if nothing happened. Glenn's not there? Then just have the other Eagles sing his songs; or maybe not sing them at all. The latter option is not honoring Glenn, imo. By adding guests, the band is acknowledging that change has taken place and there's a huge void they need to do something about. No one will expect it to be the same as before.

I'm not disappointed in Henley b/c performing for profit is nothing new for him or any other ambitious musician. With most of his earning years behind him, he may looking to secure the future for his various causes or extended family members. Who knows? It's really not any of my business.

It did sadden me to open that L.A. Times article and see a picture of the On the Border/One of These Nights line-up, knowing only one of them in the picture will be carrying on the Eagles name (assuming Bernie won't be taking part).

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

People on the Eagles facebook page seem much more accepting of this BS.

Banned

I hope when I'm 70 strangers who have no understanding of my life or the business I am in teach me about how to conduct myself within each. I guess it's better than having them explicitly tell me to wither up and die, which I assume would be the implication.

Your assumption is a tad on the melodramatic side, EagleInKansas.

Banned

I disagree. Those words were chosen very carefully and reached after significant introspection and understanding of their potential consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    I disagree. Those words were chosen very carefully and reached after significant introspection and understanding of their potential consequences.
    Sarcasm perhaps? Regardless, I agree with Soda here.

We are NOT asking the guys to roll over and die and never play again. Or even together.

The issue is calling it "Eagles", plain and simple.

Rock History Music's take on Vince Gill joining the band

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JP6ZZsMY9iI