Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Backup Band and Additional Musicians

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Backup Band and Additional Musicians

According to Wikipedia:

Steuart: June 24, 1952
    Michael: I could find nothing.

I wonder how old Will is? He's probably close to Scott's age or younger.

I didn't know Steuart was that old. He really doesn't like he's in his mid 60s.

Still don't know exactly how old Will is. Seems he likes to keep his age a secret. Some things lead me to believe he is older than Scott by a few years. Whatever, he looks good to me!

Border Troubadour

I didn't want to derail the thread that got me thinking of this, so I'll ask this here. Was their performance at the Grammy Awards in memory of Glenn the first since the Long Run era not to feature a second drummer / percussionist with Don? Every song I have seen them play in footage since their reunion has always had Scott doing something, no matter how minimal, when Don is drumming - obviously the reverse is not true as often when Don went up front Scott played alone. They also hired Joe Vitale for the Long Run tour, but I'm going to assume he didn't play drums or percussion on every song. Scott was even present at their RRHOF introduction if I remember correctly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    I didn't want to derail the thread that got me thinking of this, so I'll ask this here. Was their performance at the Grammy Awards in memory of Glenn the first since the Long Run era not to feature a second drummer / percussionist with Don? Every song I have seen them play in footage since their reunion has always had Scott doing something, no matter how minimal, when Don is drumming - obviously the reverse is not true as often when Don went up front Scott played alone. They also hired Joe Vitale for the Long Run tour, but I'm going to assume he didn't play drums or percussion on every song. Scott was even present at their RRHOF introduction if I remember correctly.
    You've forgotten HOTE, Witchy Woman. What a thrill that was! and upside down guitar during Peaceful Easy Feeling . He may have got some invisible help during that one.

Joe Vitale's book Backstage Pass has a photo of his The Long Run Tour set list which includes the instrument he's required to play. It's mostly drums but not exclusively. He played a bit of keyboards and flute in the middle of Turn To Stone of course.

Don's played drums live, for Guns and Roses and with Bruce Springsteen and Sting, as part of a rock royalty trio, outside the Eagles too.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    You've forgotten HOTE, Witchy Woman. What a thrill that was! and upside down guitar during Peaceful Easy Feeling . He may have got some invisible help during that one.

Joe Vitale's book Backstage Pass has a photo of his The Long Run Tour set list which includes the instrument he's required to play. It's mostly drums but not exclusively. He played a bit of keyboards and flute in the middle of Turn To Stone of course.

Don's played drums live, for Guns and Roses and with Bruce Springsteen and Sting, as part of a rock royalty trio, outside the Eagles too.
    I did forget Witchy Woman! I too believe he had some help on PEF, the little percussion intro to it sounded way too loud to come from just tapping your fingers on the back of a guitar.

I'll have to buy that Joe Vitale book, always loved his work with Joe (I've always been slightly annoyed he wasn't invited back in 1994, I've nothing against Scott however) and I'd love to read about what he did with the Eagles.

There was a reason I did specify his drumming in the Eagles I saw the video in the other thread of him drumming for Guns n' Roses.

Speaking of Guns N Roses anyone else besides me catch the North American Tour?

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Speaking of Guns N Roses anyone else besides me catch the North American Tour?
    They were in my area earlier this month but we didn't bother getting tix. After seeing some of the YouTube videos, I'm wondering if maybe we missed out. Axl seemed in fine form.

Stuck on the Border

In the Long Run Survivor thread, the subject of sax players came up. On the album, the sax was played by David Sanborn and he played on some live dates (eg March 1980 in LA). However, for much of the tour, the sax player was Phil Kenzie. A few years ago, he gave interviews to promote a new album and he likes to talk.

In this one, he's asked about his favourite tour.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv6J_DZqbGI

In this, he talks about how he got the call to tour with the Eagles, and playing with Poco, starting around 14:15:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9QoJlQ1WfQ

He talks about the Cranston benefit, around 20 minutes into this interview.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV0971jjK_Y
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 10-16-2016 at 10:32 AM.

It looks like Scott is going to be busy for the next few months. He'll be touring with Stevie. Waddy posted on facebook the people who are part of Stevie's touring band and Scott's name was one of them.

I guess that was Scott I saw on drums on that late show episode a week ago. I knew I wasn't seeing things.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 10-22-2016 at 03:18 PM.