Page 19 of 92 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

There's no gentle way to say this...It seems to me that Don Felder eats, breaths and ****s Hotel California. When did this start to happen? Was it like this before he was fired? If it was, I never noticed. It's like McCartney going around the world, spreading the good word that "I wrote 'Yesterday'". No, it's not the same....He wrote all of it.

Also, what Felder doesn't seem to realize is that it's not only his amazing and wonderful chords and arrangement that people talk about. A whole lot of people along the years have wondered what the song (the lyric) is about. And that's not Felder. That's Frey and Henley (in that order, because the initial spark for the storyline came from Glenn). I don't want to take anything away from Felder - it's a nice arrangement, although the chord progression is not unique - but if the lyric went "Baby, you don't know how much I care", would the song necessarily be the classic it is today?? And would Felder be running around shouting he wrote it?

Anyway, NKIT has always been my favorite song on the album. Probably always will be. And it will be the 40th anniversary for this song too.
    Last edited by chaim; 03-13-2015 at 07:53 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    There's no gentle way to say this...It seems to me that Don Felder eats, breaths and ****s Hotel California. When did this start to happen? Was it like this before he was fired? If it was, I never noticed. It's like McCartney going around the world, spreading the good word that "I wrote 'Yesterday'". No, it's not the same....He wrote all of it.

Also, what Felder doesn't seem to realize is that it's not only his amazing and wonderful chords and arrangement that people talk about. A whole lot of people along the years have wondered what the song (the lyric) is about. And that's not Felder. That's Frey and Henley (in that order, because the initial spark for the storyline came from Glenn). I don't want to take anything away from Felder - it's a nice arrangement, although the chord progression is not unique - but if the lyric went "Baby, you don't know how much I care", would the song necessarily be the classic it is today?? And would Felder be running around shouting he wrote it?

Anyway, NKIT has always been my favorite song on the album. Probably always will be. And it will be the 40th anniversary for this song too.
    I completely agree, especially about NKIT.

Felder seems to have reduced the entire album to one song.

Don is not mention in this article, but he's going to be granddad again. Leah is pregnant.

http://m.usmagazine.com/celebrity-mo...icture-2015153
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 03-15-2015 at 07:54 PM.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I saw that, Shun, and found it shocking that Don wasn't mentioned. It's trending on Facebook, so I guess that means that the world is just in love with all things Kardashian and Jenner.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I'm not surprise VA. With Leah married into the Jenner/Kardashian clan, they don't care that she has a famous father.

I read other articles on Facebook and Don is never mention not once. Kinda rude IMO since she has a famous father, but the Kardashian are more important than a guy who was in the Eagles and probably half of their audience don't know who Don Felder is.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 03-15-2015 at 09:23 PM.

Banned

And next year marks the 40th anniversary of the release of the Hotel California album.

"That to me will be the big one,” he says. “Whether I choose to do anything or not, we’ll see.”
    http://www.centraljersey.com/article...e996838692.txt

What could Felder do to mark the 40th anniversary of Hotel California?

He could release a solo version of the album and follow it with a tour, promising to play the album in it's entirety.
    He could get guest stars to play the hard bits. A dvd of the live show would cap it all off.

Steve Hackett's done similar thing with the old Genesis albums, although they tended to share the writing credits equally between them.

I can't, presently think of anything else.

Felder said he started writing the title track of his latest CD, Road To Forever, in the mid seventies. It could be a Hotel California leftover.

Thanks for the link, UndertheWire.

Banned

Don's due to be interviewed on the Mike & Kacey morning show on 100.7 WHUD;

http://www.whud.com/morning_show/#more

Video interview with Don...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oYQg5xBB08
    VK

A nice interview with Don ahead of his Wilbur theater show.

http://wzlx.cbslocal.com/2015/03/19/...alked-with-km/
    VK

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    A nice interview with Don ahead of his Wilbur theater show.

http://wzlx.cbslocal.com/2015/03/19/...alked-with-km/
    He handled the questions well.