Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    First being the UK show "Grantchester", which airs on PBS here in the US.
    The lead actor, James Norton, is so gorgeous. There's apparently indication that he's leaving? http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-...nd-season-four

I feel slightly ashamed to admit that I'm watching something on E! but I'm rather enjoying Hollywood Medium: Tyler Henry.

I love "Major Crimes", spinoff from "The Closer." Can't wait until it starts back up this season!

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

He is NMB. LOL I saw him in a couple miniseries before and liked him then too. Did see those rumors but it just ended their season on PBS and the book series goes well into the 70s, where the show is still in the 50s, so they do have a lot of material to keep going. And PBS made it seem like it wasn't over and the ending didn't feel like a final ending to me so we'll see.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Right now there are no current shows that excite me.

It's sad, as I love getting excited about shows but there just isn't anything I like.

Stuck on the Border

I'm watching "Top of the Lake:China Girl". Actually, I'm almost at the end of rewatching the first series because I'd forgotten so much.

It stars Elizabeth Moss and is directed and co-written by Jane Campion. The first series is set in South Island, New Zealand (somewhere near Queenstown, I think)and is the story of a missing, pregnant 12-year-old girl and the female detective who is involved in the case.

The second series is set in Sydney and has the same detective dealing with a dead girl in a suitcase as well as her own issues. It also has Nicole Kidman as a woman who takes her inspiration from Germaine Greer.

Game Of Thrones is the best show on television

I just recently finished the 3rd season of the "Voltron" reboot on Netflix and it's been amazing!!! This is one of the rare examples imo that a reboot has been better than the original show since this new version has been able to add in more storylines and a 2nd main female character than the 80s original. I wasn't even born yet when the original aired but did see repeats in the early 90s, so I might be more accepting to the new version since I was so young. Season 3 too was also more darker in tone and we got more backstory and hints at things to come, while also having some great shoutouts to the 80s show and incorporating more of the main storylines from the original. Love that the voice cast also has some actors I already knew of from their live-action shows, with the big one being Steven Yeun who played Glenn on "The Walking Dead" and voices Keith. And it's great knowing that Netflix gave it a 78 episode order and only 31 have aired so far with season 4 coming in October.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Been watching some great shows lately on Netflix starting with just finishing up "The Defenders" (the Marvel miniseries) and it's been amazing seeing all these characters from their 4 shows "Daredevil", "Jessica Jones", "Luke Cage", and "Iron Fist" all interacting and teaming up to save New York. Felt very similar to when I saw the first "Avengers" movie and it's just so well done. Changes things for the direction of the 4 shows as well as the new "The Punisher" series which is out in November, and introduces new friendships and romantic parings and really funny at times too.

Then "Atypical" is a new comedy series on Netflix too with a great cast. "Halt and Catch Fire" came back last night on AMC for it's final season and it's still one of TV's best that hardly anyone is watching but should be. Tells the story of fictional tech workers originally set in the 80s but now it's in the 90s. "Orphan Black" also just finished it's final season and I loved it so much and will miss it very much.

So now all my fall shows are getting ready to start which makes me grateful again for my DVR and Netflix so I can stay caught up with them all. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Yes, it is. It's getting better with every season.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    I've never seen it!

I struggle to watch much of anything on tv! Cardinals Baseball and Nashville are about all I can seem to fit in!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten