Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 448490919293949596 LastLast

Thread: Meisner Mania: The Randy Meisner Photo Thread

Default Re: Meisner Mania: The Randy Meisner Photo Thread

That montage is fantastic....you did a great job, wow, I love it! You said it so well, when I listen to Randy, I'm home. That's it exactly and I didn't figure this out til a year ago! I always loved the Eagles but now I realize, I love the Eagles only when Randy was with them. Nothing against Tim, but the timbre of their voices is very different even though they both sing high tenor. There is just something about Randy's voice, it can't be duplicated. I am the opposite, I love TITTL so much that I want to keep it special so I ration the times I listen to it lol! I watch their videos every night and have a dance party and it's so fun. Hard to dance to Hotel Cali though ha ha ha. That's far from my favorite song of theirs, anyway. Randy's not perfect, no one is, but there is just something about him that makes me want to hug him and protect him, you know? But he could absolutely stick up for himself when he had to (Glenn knows this all too well and so does Poco lol). I love all of his music, some are favorites and some of the material isn't the best, but if Randy is singing it, he elevates it to a whole other level. IMHO, he is the golden Eagle, the special sauce, the secret weapon. And then he smiles and slays everyone who sees it!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Eyes for the Meis View Post
    Just something I conjured up last night. I'm a total amateur at this kinda thing but, hopefully, the subject matter will detract from any imperfections that might show. I hope you all like it.

Thanks for sharing this ... it is beautiful. I love the color combinations - you did a fantastic job.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks so much JLE & Dreamer! I'm so glad you like it!

JLE, I couldn't agree with you more. I too lost track of Randy for a long while, but I never forgot him. The music was still there. I did get TLR album, but none of the others that eventually followed. I do like a couple songs on TLR, but I missed hearing that signature tone that Randy brought to the mix. IMO they were never as great after he left. I watch the '77 concert a lot & I just can't imagine what OOTN would be without that crazy high harmony he belts out. But it's the little gems too that are just as amazing like on the song TBOML. At the very end you can hear him sing this little...Whoa woah yeah...with that control he has with his voice. My heart flips every time I hear it. Nobody can do it like him! He really does not get his just dues. Do I like every song? I admit no, but he always gives his best & I can't deny the passion & sincerity behind them. It's sad that he was treated the way he was & that he felt he had to leave, but I'm a huge believer in everything happening for a reason. Not everything worked out, there were some things he wished turned out different, but he never set out for fame & fortune. It was all about the music. Having strong songs that people loved & stood the test of time, which they have. He's humble, but I'm sure he's very proud of that. You only have to watch his videos to see that he was happy doing what he loved. I remember watching those videos when I first rediscovered him & I was so blown away. I was like...dang Randy, you can get down & rock lol. It was so different from when he used to stand in the background with the Eagles. His personality just blossomed & I was a goner all over again.

I just love this pic of Randy. He's more mature & so hunky with a little more meat on his bones. I just wanna wanna give him a huge hug.

Great pics JLE & KingWalsh! I must admit, I also am partial to his hair long, but long or short he's just adorable. I was image surfing & came across this pic of Randy on Pinterest. It looks to be a still shot from one of his Heart's On Fire performances (?), but in watching those videos I've never seen a close-up like this. It seems too clear for something that's been enlarged from video though. Anyway, I just love seeing him like this, huge smile, having a blast. He's got that sweet shy side, but he can turn that other side on too that likes to just let go & rock out. It makes me so happy watching that side of his personality come out. It's so cute. If I'm having a blue day, he can always lift my heart & make me smile. I so regret never having seen him perform live.

I believe this is from a series of photos taken from a concert on his Japan tour. I wish I could have seen him live too! BTW, welcome to the Board!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Thanks so much JLE & Dreamer! I'm so glad you like it!

JLE, I couldn't agree with you more. I too lost track of Randy for a long while, but I never forgot him. The music was still there. I did get TLR album, but none of the others that eventually followed. I do like a couple songs on TLR, but I missed hearing that signature tone that Randy brought to the mix. IMO they were never as great after he left. I watch the '77 concert a lot & I just can't imagine what OOTN would be without that crazy high harmony he belts out. But it's the little gems too that are just as amazing like on the song TBOML. At the very end you can hear him sing this little...Whoa woah yeah...with that control he has with his voice. My heart flips every time I hear it. Nobody can do it like him! He really does not get his just dues. Do I like every song? I admit no, but he always gives his best & I can't deny the passion & sincerity behind them. It's sad that he was treated the way he was & that he felt he had to leave, but I'm a huge believer in everything happening for a reason. Not everything worked out, there were some things he wished turned out different, but he never set out for fame & fortune. It was all about the music. Having strong songs that people loved & stood the test of time, which they have. He's humble, but I'm sure he's very proud of that. You only have to watch his videos to see that he was happy doing what he loved. I remember watching those videos when I first rediscovered him & I was so blown away. I was like...dang Randy, you can get down & rock lol. It was so different from when he used to stand in the background with the Eagles. His personality just blossomed & I was a goner all over again.

I just love this pic of Randy. He's more mature & so hunky with a little more meat on his bones. I just wanna wanna give him a huge hug.

Eyes for the Meis, this is a lovely post. Randy adds that special touch to so many Eagles songs. His bass playing was understated but sublime. It was perfect for songs like “Lyin Eyes.” How awesome it would have been to be at that ‘77 Capital Center concert! I agree he doesn’t always get his just dues. I’m grateful for the HOTE doc b/c otherwise he and Bernie would probably have been forgotten by the masses. And I loved him with latter-day Poco! I wish that could have worked out better.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I believe this is from a series of photos taken from a concert on his Japan tour. I wish I could have seen him live too! BTW, welcome to the Board!
    Thanks for that info Delilah! And thanks for the welcome too! I'm really enjoying it here. Wish I'd discovered it sooner. (Where the heck have I been? lol) What a great job you all have done with building this board & keeping it running for so long. I've learned so much I never knew before. Just heightens my appreciation all the more.

Just something I conjured up last night. I'm a total amateur at this kinda thing but, hopefully, the subject matter will detract from any imperfections that might show. I hope you all like it.

. Very nice!! Way to go!

Ok...so...this kinda has me wondering & scratching my head. I was bored & goofing around & stumbled across this pic today that I'd never seen before. It's so great, I love his expression. Too cute!

but...what really made me stop & think...what the heck?...is this pic. I'm familiar with it & know it's been posted before. I've seen several different versions of it, but today is the very first day I ever noticed that Randy is holding the Queen of Diamonds! And...this dawns on me the same day I happened to find the ace pic above? Head boing!! Do the cards have something in store for me today or trying to tell me something?? I just had to laugh. I had already had this & another version saved, but going back & looking at them, both have his hand cut off. I honestly don't ever remember seeing this before or maybe I did but I was always too mesmerized by those eyes.

Don't let her beat you Randy!!

I just love this pic of Randy...his smile gets me every single time! So sweet but mischievous at the same time, like a little kid. I love seeing all of these pics, some of them are amazing! Just when I think I've seen every one of him, nope, there is a new one! I feel stupid asking, but Eyes for the Meis referred to a Randy song by TBOML...brain fart, but what song is that?! The funny thing is, no matter how old Randy gets and at 75, he's up there, I still think his smile and face are beautiful. He's just lit from within somehow. Everything he went through had to be for a reason somehow and I think he had a fantastic career with songs that will stand the test of time.

Quote Originally Posted by JLE View Post
    I just love this pic of Randy...his smile gets me every single time! So sweet but mischievous at the same time, like a little kid. I love seeing all of these pics, some of them are amazing! Just when I think I've seen every one of him, nope, there is a new one! I feel stupid asking, but Eyes for the Meis referred to a Randy song by TBOML...brain fart, but what song is that?! The funny thing is, no matter how old Randy gets and at 75, he's up there, I still think his smile and face are beautiful. He's just lit from within somehow. Everything he went through had to be for a reason somehow and I think he had a fantastic career with songs that will stand the test of time.

Hi JLE... Sorry, haven't been here for a little while. That pic of Randy is awesome. He has such a gorgeous smile. You are right, at any age he still has that same sweetness & endearing quality about him. You just can't help wanting to hug him. What a sweet soul he is. Here is another pic that is very similar to the one you posted, another one just because & the last one is a screenshot of him singing TBOML.

Ohmygosh, please don't feel stupid asking about TBOML...when I first joined here, a lot of posts had abbreviations for tours & songs & for a while I had the hardest time figuring them out, but I finally caught on lol. It's short for The Best Of My Love. I listen for that little run of his at the end of that song every single time lol. I can't even listen to the album version anymore, if it's not there, it just doesn't seem right! I wish the camera had fully been on him when he did it. You can see him a little bit down at the far end & if you watch him really closely you can see him do it. It's such a small touch, but I love it. That's the magic. I hope I live long enough to see the day when (hopefully) Henley let us see the rest of the '77 concert footage. They played there 2 days & the DVD is just a compilation. They did 21 songs the first night & 19 the second night & only 8 songs were on the DVD. So there are 32 performances out there no one has seen before. Just think of what we're missing. So unfair. I did stumble across a video of the alternate night's version of HC that is not on the DVD by accident. I don't know how in the world that one got out. I started the video & thought it was the same one I'd already seen 100 times & I almost stopped it, but I'd watched the DVD so often that I noticed the beginning was different so I kept watching & realized what I'd found. I about fell off my chair!! I keep thinking that maybe some others got out too, so now I can't watch a video clip of any '77 footage anymore without totally examining it. lol... No luck yet though.

Last edited by Eyes for the Meis; 05-14-2021 at 06:04 PM.