Page 217 of 273 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

I'm going to re-watch the '77 concert bonus DVD just because I'm jonesing from talking about it on another recent post.

While watching Part 1 the other day, I got to that segment where Glenn sings softly while strumming his guitar, the lyrics sounding something like "You will be with me someday."

It occurred to me that the tune reminds me of "Amazing Grace." What do you guys think?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour

Does anyone else love Joe's reaction when the doc focuses on his antics? I love the silence, then the smile and finally the semi-guilty laugh. Brilliant.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Really, Soda? You're gonna make me watch it again?? Hmmm....the things I do for you...

TLR, that is a favorite part for me. I love that look on Joe's face.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

My favorite Joe part is when he says that being in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame looks good on his resume, and then giggles. He cracks himself up. That always makes me laugh

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Love that part. Love it when he cracks up.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    While watching Part 1 the other day, I got to that segment where Glenn sings softly while strumming his guitar, the lyrics sounding something like "You will be with me someday."

It occurred to me that the tune reminds me of "Amazing Grace." What do you guys think?
    Honestly - that would have never occurred to me, Soda.

Quote Originally Posted by tjh532 View Post
    My favorite Joe part is when he says that being in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame looks good on his resume, and then giggles. He cracks himself up. That always makes me laugh
    Yep - I think this is probably my favorite Joe moment too.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I'm home sick today, so I consoled myself by watching the doc again. I have a question for all you eagle-maniacs out there. Of course this may require you to watch it again in order to answer (HUGE imposition - I know!)
    Towards the end when they are showing the original footage of How Long, there is a voice over by Glenn. Then another voice over that says something like "Hey Dad, you gotta come here and check out your hair!" That is Bernie saying that, right? It sounds like him, but I wasn't sure. He says something about my kids, and I know that Bernie only has one. There is quite a difference for him between then and now, hair-wise. I kinda liked all that crazy curly hair - haha.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by tjh532 View Post
    I'm home sick today, so I consoled myself by watching the doc again. I have a question for all you eagle-maniacs out there. Of course this may require you to watch it again in order to answer (HUGE imposition - I know!)
    Towards the end when they are showing the original footage of How Long, there is a voice over by Glenn. Then another voice over that says something like "Hey Dad, you gotta come here and check out your hair!" That is Bernie saying that, right? It sounds like him, but I wasn't sure. He says something about my kids, and I know that Bernie only has one. There is quite a difference for him between then and now, hair-wise. I kinda liked all that crazy curly hair - haha.
    Surely that is Glenn talking about how his kids asked him to come & check out his hair in the YouTube video of How Long which Soda posted on this board. There is only one voice - Glenn's.

I thought maybe it was Glenn, but is sounds like Bernie. I makes more sense for it to be Glenn.