Page 106 of 140 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1395

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Well, that theater company didn't come to be. Malia, it turns out, is all talk, no action and is just short of a con woman.
    Onward.....

On the bright side, and among all this sad news and scary times wht with the corona virus, I am excited to announce that my youngest, my only daughter, Savannah & her husband Bryan are having a baby!!! It's due in September. We've know since January, but she wanted to wait to announce publically until her 2nd trimester. We were hoping to know if it's a boy or girl at their March 31st appointment, but with the social distancing, she has to do her appointment over the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post

Well, that theater company didn't come to be. Malia, it turns out, is all talk, no action and is just short of a con woman.
    Onward.....

On the bright side, and among all this sad news and scary times wht with the corona virus, I am excited to announce that my youngest, my only daughter, Savannah & her husband Bryan are having a baby!!! It's due in September. We've know since January, but she wanted to wait to announce publically until her 2nd trimester. We were hoping to know if it's a boy or girl at their March 31st appointment, but with the social distancing, she has to do her appointment over the phone.

Sorry to hear about your dream job, Martha. That sucks. Congrats on the new grandchild... here's hoping the baby comes into a renewing, rebuilding world!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

MJ, so sorry about your job.

But, what wonderful news about a grandbaby! Congratulations! Wishing her good health throughout her pregnancy and delivery and for a healthy baby. Hopefully you will be able to find out which sex soon. Some like to be surprised but I've been lucky to know which for my two grands. Is this your first? There's nothing like them!!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    MJ, so sorry about your job.

But, what wonderful news about a grandbaby! Congratulations! Wishing her good health throughout her pregnancy and delivery and for a healthy baby. Hopefully you will be able to find out which sex soon. Some like to be surprised but I've been lucky to know which for my two grands. Is this your first? There's nothing like them!!

Thanks, Brooke.
    This will actually be our 2nd. But our first in 20 years. Our son from my first marrriage gave us our first grandson in 2000.

Great news! a lil bundle of joy! So happy to hear! Nice to hear! Congrats!

No happier news than a new baby, MJ! Congrats! With all the people not having to go to work in the morning, I suspect many more will be getting the same, come December or so!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Congratulations to your family MJ - a new baby is lovely to look forward to in these uncertain times.
    I didn't find out the sex of either of my kids until the birth and I was very happy with that decision.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

At least you have some good news to counter that disappointment, MJ. Congrats!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

My Dad recently died. He had stopped communicating. Only one of us was able to visit him in the hospice. By the last few days, he only really grunted when he was annoyed or hurt.

I took some of his cds in to play to him. His favourite Pink Floyd track was 'Time' and this did elicit a smile. His favourite Eagles song was 'Lyin' Eyes'. When I played this he started groaning and I realised he was trying to sing along. I cried, am crying now.

But what I take from this is how much music meant to him and how much it means to me. And how much joy it can bring. I hope somewhere Glenn is singing his favourite line to him 'She is headed for the cheating side of town'.

SS
    xx
    https://sshh-sshh.blogspot.com/

I'm so sorry for your loss, ss. Music is a beautiful thing, and I am so happy you and your father could enjoy it together right up to the end. Take care.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you