Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Well, I put this in the "Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly" thread but it really belongs here!

I was surfing dish the other day and saw the movie Tequila Sunrise with Mel Gibson and Michelle Pfeiffer coming on. Of course it reminded me! I need to watch it again, it was one of my favorites back in the day!
    Last edited by Brooke; 03-25-2019 at 04:11 PM.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Well, I put this in the "Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly" thread but it really belongs here!

I was surfing dish the other day and say the movie Tequila Sunrise with Mel Gibson and Michelle Pfeiffer coming on. Of course it reminded me! I need to watch it again, it was one of my favorites back in the day!
    I own that movie - bought it before I became an Eagles fan. Love it even more now!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Oh I must look out for that!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Saw a shirt today in Walmart with palm trees, etc., and in script said "Take it Easy".
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

I was watching TV and one of the characters said "We are all prisoners here." I had to say, out loud, "Of our own device."

As some of you know, I'm a lawyer, and one of my coworkers sent an email about a new law firm in our area with the subject line "New firm in town." I couldn't get New Kid in Town out of my head!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - I had a HUGE distraction all day at work. There is a wavy, brown-haired guy who sits at a station not too far from mine. He was wearing a purple shirt that was almost exactly the same style and color of this ...

sans the white t-shirt - but he was wearing jeans. From my station, whenever I look up, I can see this guy's back. He doesn't look anything like Glenn from the front, but with that shirt, he looked exactly like Glenn from the back. It was hard to concentrate with that right in front of my eyes - I thought I was going to have to find an excuse to move to the other side of the floor. I hope I don't have to ask him not to wear that shirt again.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

How funny, Dreamer! If he had looked like Glenn from the front too, that would have been even more distracting!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Wow - I had a HUGE distraction all day at work. There is a wavy, brown-haired guy who sits at a station not too far from mine. He was wearing a purple shirt that was almost exactly the same style and color of this ...

sans the white t-shirt - but he was wearing jeans. From my station, whenever I look up, I can see this guy's back. He doesn't look anything like Glenn from the front, but with that shirt, he looked exactly like Glenn from the back. It was hard to concentrate with that right in front of my eyes - I thought I was going to have to find an excuse to move to the other side of the floor. I hope I don't have to ask him not to wear that shirt again.
    Uh, yeah... I can see how that could be distracting!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post

How I loved it when Glenn wore those colorful shirts!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Monday night my Kevin & I threw a housewarming party with a few friends to celebrate moving back to our hometown of Riverside, California. We all got into a discussion about another dear friend, Bill, who sadly is in the advanced stages of dementia, and how he was always quick with giving sagely advice.
    I recalled a time back in 1977 when I ran into Bill just before my ex & I were about to move from California to Iowa. Bill said,
    "IOWA??? Okay, but you know what they say about California...You can check out anytime you'd like, but you can never leave".
    It's SO true!!!