Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2013 RNR Hall of Fame Nominees

Default Re: 2013 RNR Hall of Fame Nominees

Thanks TT. I have to forward that thank you to AEW21, who shared it with us in the Linda Ronstadt and Eagles thread. It has really stuck with me since I saw it. You can just feel the respect for her coming from them.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyplays View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but good grief it sure does seem like a lot of hostility and all about the one subject that can bridge all gaps... Music! I have conversations all of the time with people like VA and Austin, Willie, Zelda etc, with differing opinions and not once, not EVER do we speak to each other with some of these tones just because we disagree or our tastes differ. I know it's hard to infer 'real' feeling into a typewritten conversation but, heck, give it a try! Some of these comments come across as snide, short and condescending. I don't need to be reminded of freedom of speech, but I think in this day and age too many people use that as an excuse for their own rude behavior. I mean, I picture a lively conversation of opinions, with heartfelt feelings and passionate stories about the pros/cons of who we like or dislike. Not vitriolic debate. Meh...
    As I was reading this, I kept thinking about a couple years ago when GNR went in and the "discussion" we had.

As far as groups that have been overlooked- you all have mentioned several like Bon Jovi, Cheap Trick, ELO, Dire Straits, etc.... Might I add a HUGE one to me? A lot of you already know who I'm going to say....

THE CARS
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    As I was reading this, I kept thinking about a couple years ago when GNR went in and the "discussion" we had.

As far as groups that have been overlooked- you all have mentioned several like Bon Jovi, Cheap Trick, ELO, Dire Straits, etc.... Might I add a HUGE one to me? A lot of you already know who I'm going to say....

THE CARS
    In your wildest dreams you would want Sweet too, wouldn't you, just as I would want Slade, but as neither of them had much impact in the US it isn't very likely. If it has taken this long & we are still waiting for Dire Straits....by the way, for me the Cars are far more worthy of inclusion than some of these 2014 nominees.

I would add the Moody Blues to your list of overlooked acts.

Honestly, that induction night was one of the most fun nights ive ever had online, with me, you and Austin doing a play by play every second, most of our breaking news coming from Perla's tweets!!!

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Sorry you don't like the tone of the thread, LP. Guess you're used to the mellow types that frequent GnR boards.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Sorry you don't like the tone of the thread, LP. Guess you're used to the mellow types that frequent GnR boards.
    Never been to a GNR board in my life, so I wouldn't know! But, I would imagine it would be a bunch of cussing and screaming kids, which is a good enough reason for me to stay away.

And in much the same way people argue in the comments sections on YouTube, it's just my humble opinion that people could speak to each other in not so 'mean sounding' ways.

Perhaps I am a sensitive type...

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Thanks TT. I have to forward that thank you to AEW21, who shared it with us in the Linda Ronstadt and Eagles thread. It has really stuck with me since I saw it. You can just feel the respect for her coming from them.
    Yeah and if you think about it...they seemed respectful that she didn't want to be included in the documentary.
    Now that we know how sick she is it all is understandable. Its a shame but they handled it very well..just saying and jmo
    so thanks again pm

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    In your wildest dreams you would want Sweet too, wouldn't you, just as I would want Slade, but as neither of them had much impact in the US it isn't very likely. If it has taken this long & we are still waiting for Dire Straits....by the way, for me the Cars are far more worthy of inclusion than some of these 2014 nominees.

I would add the Moody Blues to your list of overlooked acts.
    I of course thought of Sweet but like you said, it'll never happen. I think Slade should be also. Certainly a place for Glam Rock to be included in the HOF.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I of course thought of Sweet but like you said, it'll never happen. I think Slade should be also. Certainly a place for Glam Rock to be included in the HOF.
    They could overhaul the entire thing, change it to the Music Hall of Fame and then do winners for different categories. That being said, that would start a whole new slew of issues in defining each category. What is rock? What is alt rock? What is metal? What is hair metal? What is thrash? What is hard rock? What is adult contemporary? What is easy listening? It would be endless and subjective to each listener's ear.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyplays View Post
    They could overhaul the entire thing, change it to the Music Hall of Fame and then do winners for different categories. That being said, that would start a whole new slew of issues in defining each category. What is rock? What is alt rock? What is metal? What is hair metal? What is thrash? What is hard rock? What is adult contemporary? What is easy listening? It would be endless and subjective to each listener's ear.
    That is why in my view it is better to leave it as it is.