Page 206 of 207 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207 LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2068

Thread: Frey Fever (March 2009 - April 2010)

Default Re: Frey Fever: The Glenn Frey Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    ...hey let's just say..the man was and still is gorgeous!!!!!...am I right?.....
    Well, yeah, I'll concede that although "MY" Eagle still looks good too and I tend to favor HIM more

Bernie, you'll always be my main man(most of the time)
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

FP, you certainly are using some unique reasoning. It seems to me that you prefer what you feel Glenn would want you to prefer - ie, his current look - or, as you yourself put it, "whatever he looks like now." In other words, whatever he does is what you like best - there's no other criteria. Not only that, but you seem to feel that those who do not prefer his current look are somehow insulting him, and thus you get upset on Glenn's behalf when the viewpoint is expressed and feel the need to chastise those who express it. Am I close?

P.S.: It also seems to me that the complex concepts of political conservatism and a basic preference for a different look than his current one share nothing more than your disapproval.

That said, he looks magnificent in this photo:

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

No, Soda, that isn't what I meant, but I have lost the argument and I have nothing further to say on the subject except that the 'conservatism' thing was a vague attempt at explaining my lack of empathy with nostalgia.

I'm sure their are a lot of nostalgic liberals out there...

Here's a couple of Steve Alexander's from Houston.

~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I may have been born in the wrong era... because I've often said, I wish I were in my late teens/ early 20's when the Eagles first broke onto the scene.

While I think each of the guys has aged well, I make no bones about loving Glenn's 70's look. "the bad boy"... The long hair, the mustache, his thin trim body... things that appeal to "my" visual senses. Of course he was more muscular and beautiful in the 80's, so yeah, still hot... the 90's to now, aging wonderfully... but that long hair... I always go back to the long hair...

The long hair isn't really my thing, but Glenn makes it hot, especially when the photos are from concerts. There's just something about that man when he performs! I think the only eras I don't like are the Longbranch Pennywhistle days, the Let's Get Harry look of "Spence," and the Soul Searchin' uber-buff crew cut days (he went a bit overboard, IMHO, although the muscle shirts were nice). Perhaps it's telling that those were eras where we don't see many concert shots. Otherwise, delicious.

And still gorgeous after all these years!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    I may have been born in the wrong era... because I've often said, I wish I were in my late teens/ early 20's when the Eagles first broke onto the scene.

While I think each of the guys has aged well, I make no bones about loving Glenn's 70's look. "the bad boy"... The long hair, the mustache, his thin trim body... things that appeal to "my" visual senses. Of course he was more muscular and beautiful in the 80's, so yeah, still hot... the 90's to now, aging wonderfully... but that long hair... I always go back to the long hair...
    I do believe we may be twins separated at birth! I could of written this whole post myself. EXACTLY what I feel and think also!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I do believe we may be twins separated at birth! I could of written this whole post myself. EXACTLY what I feel and think also!
    No, we all three must be triplets, cause this fits me perfectly, too! But I was born in that era! (just a little premature!)
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

TBF, I'm laughing to myself, because I don't think I even realized it before...but maybe the long hair has something to do w/our Timothy love! (Excellent singing voice aside, of course)

ETA: Triplets work well... I think Glenn would have liked that! Just kidding... maybe...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten