PDA

View Full Version : Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

sodascouts
11-30-2012, 12:15 PM
I love how involved Glenn is getting with these very fortunate students. He continues to enrich people's lives of all generations!

EaglesKiwi
12-12-2012, 03:41 PM
I love how involved Glenn is getting with these very fortunate students. He continues to enrich people's lives of all generations!
And following on very nicely... Glenn has just done a radio interview with a NZ radio host where he talks about this programme. He mentioned there were 16 students, 8 of whom were international students, and that some of the students were film score majors. Talked about the rules of writing, especially work habits, and commented that the one thing nobody can teach them is to be clever...

...also said the #1 rule for him when songwriting was "Find Don!". So cute!!!

Mentioned that the documentary (part 1) would be released at Sundance, then go to Cable TV for a month and then go on general sale. He said it had been really fun going into some of the older album tracks they had forgotten.

Then Glenn brought the conversation back to his visit to NZ, mentioning that he hadn't been here for a very long time, but remembers coming here in 1975 and then again during HFO. He remembers rain... (really? wonder why... :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:).

They are trying to expand their itineraries with tours, and he mentioned they would like to get to South America...

He closed by talking about the "mothership" again, and mentioned that his solo work increases his appreciation for the band as well.

I'm not sure when the link to the interview will go up, but I'll keep an eye out and post it when I see.

EaglesKiwi
12-12-2012, 05:50 PM
At work and can't check this myself (sound is disabled on all our 'puters!), but here is - hopefully - the link to the interview:
http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/auckland/player/ondemand/htw543-december13

Not sure if it's the whole of the breakfast show, but if it helps you to find it - Mike Hosking was the host, and interviewed Glenn Frey at 8.13am this morning NZ time.

Guess I'd better go back up to my desk... :worried:

Freypower
12-12-2012, 05:56 PM
'Remember Glenn Frey'?

Uh, yeah. Vaguely. :eyebrow:

And then in the interview they suggest googling him. What I heard only lasted about five minutes when he talked about NZ.

GlennLover
12-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Glenn who? :-x

I only get the 5 minutes too. :sad:

EaglesKiwi
12-13-2012, 03:33 AM
Okay, I've listened to it now. What the link takes you to is a summary of all the morning's topics, introduced by someone else - and it's only a small part of the interview, which went for nearly 11 minutes. I'm not sure if the full thing can be retrieved anywhere else on the site (www.newstalkzb.co.nz) - I've had a quick look around. Maybe it will pop up in somebody's news feed...

I took notes during the interview, but it was pretty much what I had recapped in my earlier post. The only other note I have that I hadn't mentioned was Glenn commented about them performing in Vegas several times during the year - that it was an easy place to get to and they liked the venue.

Glenn took the call in his office in his recording studio, and commented that it was a good place to do interviews because the phone doesn't ring as much as it does at home!

Tiffanny Twisted
12-13-2012, 07:37 AM
trhanks for the recap/update.
io thought they liked vegas cause it was close to home and easy money.lol
who knew they liked the venue too

Freypower
12-13-2012, 05:27 PM
EK, I appreciate your summary. I do hope they go to South America. They have been everywhere else (although there are places in Eastern Europe they could try now).

VAisForEagleLovers
12-13-2012, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=EaglesKiwi;204554...Glenn commented about them performing in Vegas several times during the year - that it was an easy place to get to and they liked the venue.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, cuz he doesn't have to sit in those extremely uncomfortable chairs.

GlennLover
12-13-2012, 11:34 PM
Glenn took the call in his office in his recording studio, and commented that it was a good place to do interviews because the phone doesn't ring as much as it does at home!

Could this mean that he is there recording? AH2? :pray:

EaglesKiwi
12-14-2012, 03:49 AM
Could this mean that he is there recording? AH2? :pray:
That was the first thing I thought of, but he could just be working on promotion & preparation of his tour Down Under.

Freypower
12-14-2012, 05:29 PM
He spends a lot of time there. He was there when Felder rang him after he was fired & begged to be reinstated.

VAisForEagleLovers
12-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Another interview...

http://www.radiolive.co.nz/Singer-Musician--Songwriter-Glenn-Frey-of-the-Eagles/tabid/506/articleID/32644/Default.aspx

Ive always been a dreamer
12-15-2012, 03:46 PM
He spends a lot of time there.

:hmm: Is Glenn sharing info with Freypower that none of us others know about? I'm so :jealous:

:lol:

Freypower
12-15-2012, 05:16 PM
I did not mean it to sound like that. :worried:

I suppose I should have said 'I think' or 'it seems'....

:brickwall: :brickwall:

In the interview I love how Glenn tried to talk about the NZ tour & all the guy wants to talk about is the past, throwing in his own love for Michael Nesmith. 'What were your influences' etc. And then Glenn doesn't seem to understand what he's talking about at first, which is very unusual.

Later: now a whole section on Steve Martin (I have never been a fan) and then a bizarre interpretation of Take It Easy to which after a pause Glenn replies 'how would I know'.

I feel for Glenn. I wish there were interviewers who would take a bit more time to understand what he is doing NOW. I can feel Glenn as the silences get longer, starting to get irritated.

At the end he said a couple of nice things about NZ. Good on him for his patience & forbearance with what was a very disappointing interview.

sodascouts
12-15-2012, 10:21 PM
From that summary, it sounds like it was dismal, but I'll listen to it anyway - it's Glenn!

Freypower
12-16-2012, 12:50 AM
He tried to be polite but as it went on his patience wore thin. He is all class. I wish he had been treated with more respecr.

VAisForEagleLovers
12-16-2012, 01:03 AM
He is all class.

I totally agree.

EaglesKiwi
12-16-2012, 04:06 AM
I've finally found it - this is the full interview I referred to above. Around 10 minutes.

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/auckland/player/ondemand/1576342631-glenn-frey

Enjoy. :)

VAisForEagleLovers
12-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Mike Hosking knows how to conduct an interview. I enjoyed it.

VAisForEagleLovers
12-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Another New Zealand interview with Glenn will air tomorrow morning NZ time, which is later this afternoon for those of us here in the US. I won't be listening as my boys play Dallas today, but if I find a podcast later I'll post it. If someone else finds it first, please share!

http://thecoast.net.nz/

12-16-2012, 01:51 PM
I agree that the Mike Hosking interview was much better than that RadioLive one. You'd think an interviewer would understand that an artist is giving an interview to promote something new not just to rehash the past with the awesome interviewer. While everyone wants to hear some questions about the Eagles, it's rather rude not to grant the artist the opportunity to talk about what they are trying to promote. Oh well, I guess Glenn's patience was tried with some of those off-the-wall questions, but he handled it like the professional that he is.

EaglesKiwi
12-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Here's the link to the interview:

http://thecoast.net.nz/player/ondemand/glenn-frey-talks-to-bk (http://http://thecoast.net.nz/player/ondemand/glenn-frey-talks-to-bk)

VAisForEagleLovers
12-16-2012, 02:54 PM
I agree that the Mike Hosking interview was much better than that RadioLive one. You'd think an interviewer would understand that an artist is giving an interview to promote something new not just to rehash the past with the awesome interviewer. While everyone wants to hear some questions about the Eagles, it's rather rude not to grant the artist the opportunity to talk about what they are trying to promote. Oh well, I guess Glenn's patience was tried with some of those off-the-wall questions, but he handled it like the professional that he is.

In my opinion, it was more than that! The other interviewer, the lousy one, asked his 'clever' questions and it was obvious he didn't listen to the answers. It was obvious he didn't care if Glenn answered at all. In his mind, the interview was all about him and his questions. Glenn could have told him the sky was pink and he would have just asked his next question.

VAisForEagleLovers
12-16-2012, 04:47 PM
It occurs to me that Glenn said that next year is about the release of the DVD. He mentioned the film festival. A month on cable, then the release of the DVD worldwide for sale. He did mention touring South America 'at some point'. He did not mention a tour here in the US for next year. I'm hoping it's because they were running out of time and he thinks people in NZ don't care if they tour here.

Freypower
12-16-2012, 06:19 PM
I appreciate it is a somewhat frustrating time for Eagles fans in the US.

VAisForEagleLovers
12-16-2012, 06:27 PM
They haven't been to DC since 2008. The casual fans here think the Eagles have split up again or retired, if you can believe that. I think this qualifies us as an underplayed market.

12-16-2012, 06:29 PM
He did not mention a tour here in the US for next year. I'm hoping it's because they were running out of time and he thinks people in NZ don't care if they tour here.

I'm hoping that too, VA. I don't think we'll be completely shut out here in the U.S. next year. But, if they don't have a revamped tour ready, it will probably mean more shows at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. :wink: :wink:

VAisForEagleLovers
12-17-2012, 12:47 AM
Here's the link to the interview:

http://thecoast.net.nz/player/ondemand/glenn-frey-talks-to-bk (http://http://thecoast.net.nz/player/ondemand/glenn-frey-talks-to-bk)

EK, I think you double copied... http://thecoast.net.nz/player/ondemand/glenn-frey-talks-to-bk

EaglesKiwi
12-17-2012, 02:40 AM
Sorry VK, I'm not sure what you mean - I just copied the address once the interview started - the link takes you straight to the start of the interview.

I think you had just posted the radio station's main webpage...? well, that's what I got when I opened it this morning.

Anyway, as long as people have it, all is good. :) Thank you for keeping on top of all these.

Henley Honey
12-17-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm hoping that too, VA. I don't think we'll be completely shut out here in the U.S. next year. But, if they don't have a revamped tour ready, it will probably mean more shows at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. :wink: :wink:

So pack your bag, Dreamer. VA and I know the lay of the land by now like the back of our hands!! I'm hoping for a revamped tour too but I'll take what I can get!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Video interview with Take 5 out of Australia, talks about The Heat is On.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ygk7HVs9-Q&feature=youtube_gdata

Tiffanny Twisted
02-05-2013, 07:47 PM
thanks va very intresting clip:thumbsup:

Freypower
02-05-2013, 08:21 PM
I have heard him talk about that before. Why do these people not actually want to talk about his current activities? He is about to tour here & it is completely ignored. He is polite but he must get sick of it. It also begs the question: has he arrived here?

VAisForEagleLovers
02-05-2013, 08:26 PM
It also begs the question: has he arrived here?

I wondered the same thing, FP. I also wondered, since they talked about one song only, if more will appear later.

I also found this tweet from an hour ago:
Kev Kellaway‏@AnalogKev

This time tomorrow I'll be talking to Glenn Frey from Los Angeles, doing a pre record for #KevKellawayDriveShow @2NURFM 103.7

I can't tell if that's when the interview will be done or when it will be aired.

sodascouts
02-05-2013, 08:32 PM
It looks like he's probably already Down Under. I've noticed that several Australian interviews are focusing on THIO. Wonder what's up with that?

Anyway, love to hear him talk regardless. He's looking healthy and fresh.

Freypower
02-05-2013, 08:34 PM
It looks like he's probably already Down Under. I've noticed that several Australian interviews are focusing on THIO. Wonder what's up with that?

Anyway, love to hear him talk regardless. He's looking healthy and fresh.

It's because it's really the only solo hit he had in this country & that is all Australians are interested in.

Soda, if you read VA's post it seems he is stlll in LA.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-05-2013, 08:36 PM
Yes, ABC Radio Brisbane had an interview with him yesterday and I can't find it on their site. So I tweeted them back and asked where it was.

Freypower
02-05-2013, 08:37 PM
I should thank you for doing all of this searching, VA. I don't listen to Australian radio.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-05-2013, 08:48 PM
All I do is search on Twitter when I have a free moment. Listening to the Pens game on radio, so I have time.

Brooke
02-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Isn't it warm weather in Australia too? That probably reminds them of THIO, so they seem to need to tie it in to the interviews. Just a thought. But yeah, they really should be talking about AH! :headscratch:

Freypower
02-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Isn't it warm weather in Australia too? That probably reminds them of THIO, so they seem to need to tie it in to the interviews. Just a thought. But yeah, they really should be talking about AH! :headscratch:

They're not that sophisticated. The phrase is rarely used here in summer.

Some people are going to get a shock when they hear the new arrangement of the song.

Glennsallnighter
02-07-2013, 05:25 AM
Thanks for posting that interview VA. Glenn :heart: looking and sounding as great as ever. Cute interview!

EaglesKiwi
02-08-2013, 04:02 AM
They're not that sophisticated. The phrase is rarely used here in summer.
That's possibly because the heat is just not a novelty in Australia!!

Some people are going to get a shock when they hear the new arrangement of the song.
Mmm... I'm looking forward to hearing it myself, but it may come as a bit of a shock if people can't sing along to it.

Topkat
02-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Another interview with Glenn
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1279776/glen-frey-takes-it-easy/

Glennsallnighter
02-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Just got that interview on a google alert too a few minutes ago

VAisForEagleLovers
02-08-2013, 09:48 AM
"We're going to figure out how we want to support that [documentary]. We did Long Road Out of Eden [tour] for four years. Now we need to change our format. We still need to dream that up. I don't want to come back too soon . . . it's nice to be away for a while. And we have to have a reason to come back."

Come back too soon? Need a reason? OK. Putting out a DVD, having people watch it and say 'I forgot how much I love the Eagles, I hope they come to town again soon.' isn't a reason? How 'bout this? People love the Eagles and they want to see them. If you don't have a reason, find one or make one up. You're the EAGLES! You don't follow rules, you make the rules that others follow.

I just had to get that out of my system...

TimothyBFan
02-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Change the setlist----- They will come!!!!!

Brooke
02-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Amen!

If only they would read this board! We could help them so much! :hilarious:

Freypower
02-08-2013, 05:29 PM
That's possibly because the heat is just not a novelty in Australia!!

Mmm... I'm looking forward to hearing it myself, but it may come as a bit of a shock if people can't sing along to it.

You can sing along with it. It's just a little bit.... slower. :drunk: :smokin: :twisted:

Freypower
02-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Another interview with Glenn
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1279776/glen-frey-takes-it-easy/

He remembers 1988! I had forgotten he had been to Newcastle before.

Frey remembers playing Newcastle in 1988, opening a show for the Little River Band.
" I came over to Australia with a couple of buddies - trumpet and keyboard players. I joined LRB for about two-thirds of their show, and they backed me up. It all started at the expo in Brisbane, and we made our way down to Newcastle. It's a rocking town."

I screamed at him the entire time (in Sydney). I hope he has forgotten that!

How nice of him to be nice about my home town. Again, I wish I could have gone to this show but there you are.

sodascouts
02-08-2013, 10:57 PM
"We're going to figure out how we want to support that [documentary]. We did Long Road Out of Eden [tour] for four years. Now we need to change our format. We still need to dream that up. I don't want to come back too soon . . . it's nice to be away for a while. And we have to have a reason to come back."Come back too soon? Need a reason? OK. Putting out a DVD, having people watch it and say 'I forgot how much I love the Eagles, I hope they come to town again soon.' isn't a reason?

Amen! Seriously, I cannot believe Glenn even said this, especially after they were just talking about touring at Sundance to both promote and capitalize on the documentary. I wonder if something has changed to make them want to put off touring? Gosh, I hope not. If the only place they play this year is the freaking MGM Grand for the gazillionth time, exactly duplicating the shortened setlist they've done for TWO YEARS.... aaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!!

"People did things to The Eagles. Somebody said they would ask someone out, or take a road trip, or do the fandango. They would do things," Frey recalls.

And not to be hypercritical, but "people did things to the Eagles"/"fandango" quote has appeared again and again for five years with almost no change in wording. Time for it to be retired!

On a more positive note, I find this adorable:

"Now, we all have kids, we do normal stuff. It's a nice leveller. I wake up, turn on the coffee, clean up after one of my kids leaves a midnight snack on the counter, take out the garbage, load the dishwasher."

Glennsallnighter
02-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Now that last comment really IS cute! Shows that despite everything he's just a normal guy!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-20-2013, 03:38 PM
An interview with Glenn ahead of his Australian shows where he talks about the DVD, After Hours, and a possible tour with the Eagles.

The Eagles are "looking to see if we want to do something within a four or five-month period after the History DVD comes out, to capitalise on what we hope is a lot of momentum'', he says. ''I can tell you definitely there is touring in the future for the Eagles. We all still like doing it. It's just a matter of getting things to fit."

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/music/for-sentimental-reasons-the-tunes-soar-like-an-eagle-20130220-2erk8.html

Troubadour
02-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Cool, thanks VA! The impression I have always got is that they fully intend to tour, it's just a matter of working out the logistics. I really hope they can sort things out soon and release a concrete statement about it (preferably with some dates!) Exciting times. I can't imagine that they wouldn't capitalise on the publicity from this DVD.

sodascouts
02-20-2013, 06:02 PM
OK, I guess this renders my post in another thread moot. Going back to delete it now!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-27-2013, 04:51 PM
Another interview with Glenn...

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/christchurch/player/ondemand/glennfrey-26feb2013

Recorded a while ago...

VAisForEagleLovers
03-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Cute little story full of things we already know, but the last line is great.

Obviously Bob’s advice worked. Glenn Frey is highly regarded as one of rock music’s most prolific song writers.

http://womc.cbslocal.com/2013/03/05/glenn-frey-talks-bob-seger-and-woodward-avenue/

VAisForEagleLovers
03-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Interview from Christchurch. Not a lot new, which is good, he's sticking with the 'six month' theory in terms of an Eagles tour.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/christchurch-life/art-and-stage/christchurch-music/8397876/Glenn-Frey-back-in-town?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

sodascouts
03-08-2013, 06:40 PM
That gives my concert fund time to replenish after the Fleetwood Mac tour, so this timeline works for me!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Very true about replenishing the concert fund. Though I had a dream a few weeks ago that they played Revel again over Memorial Day weekend and I spent my $$ on that! (I didn't post it in the dream thread because the dream was actually about those horrid escalators, the Eagles were just why I was there).

Glennsallnighter
03-09-2013, 07:55 AM
Timeline works for me too! It makes me ever optimistic that after he's had a rest after Australia he'll play another few solo gigs before the mother ship sails again.

My concert fund too could do with a boost!

03-09-2013, 03:49 PM
That was an excellent review. My only complaint is that he forgot to mention Michael Thompson in the credits at the end. I liked his different take on things because we often forget how much goes into planning these shows such as lighting, sound mixing, orchestration, etc.

And OBTW - I'm fine with that timeline as well as long as we get some shows by early fall. :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
03-24-2013, 07:55 PM
This tweet is from around noon EDT, 9am PDT today...

Awesome! Actor Zach G and Glenn Frey from the Eagles are on my flight to Kauai! Hangover in the Fast Lane

sodascouts
03-24-2013, 08:21 PM
Wish I were kickin' it in Hawaii right now!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-24-2013, 08:34 PM
God knows I do, it's snowing here. AGAIN. :(

TimothyBFan
04-28-2013, 09:55 AM
From Ultimate Classic Rock.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-glenn-frey-american-idol-x-factor/

VAisForEagleLovers
04-28-2013, 10:03 AM
From Ultimate Classic Rock.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-glenn-frey-american-idol-x-factor/

This article makes me so mad, they put one quote from Glenn, out of context, and then published a headline that said something else. They were asked if this could be their last tour and his response was that it could be their last world tour, they'd have to see. Don explained that they'd be 68 years old when the tour expected to end as the reason for the 'might be the last world tour'. The headline says 'it could be their last tour'. Now there's a lot of tweets out there saying they said it might be their last tour in order to generate ticket sales (like they need that).

Another fine example of poor journalism, this is far from the first thing in the last few months where these guys have taken part of an Eagle's quote out of context and made it a headline. The full article is out there for people to see, this one with UCR's own spin on it is the one making the rounds. Idiots.

TimothyBFan
04-28-2013, 10:47 AM
OK--I'm confused--- the article I posted has a headline of "Eagles’ Glenn Frey Says ‘American Idol,’ ‘X Factor’ Contestants Should Pipe Down" and nothing at all about touring. In fact, only mention that there is a tour coming up at the end of the article.

Sorry I upset you. Just saw an article, noticed it wasn't posted here and posted it. :sad:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-28-2013, 10:52 AM
OK--I'm confused--- the article I posted has a headline of "Eagles’ Glenn Frey Says ‘American Idol,’ ‘X Factor’ Contestants Should Pipe Down" and nothing at all about touring. In fact, only mention that there is a tour coming up at the end of the article.

Sorry I upset you. Just saw an article, noticed it wasn't posted here and posted it. :sad:

My bad, they published another article at the same time, I still had that one up in the browser and then looked at the wrong one. Although I would argue that Glenn saying that the shows make the contestants be big and overplay things isn't quite telling them to 'pipe down'. Again, they went for the headline rather than true content.

You didn't make me upset, UCR did!

AEW21
04-28-2013, 11:51 PM
Apparently this ran in the Honolulu Star-Advertiser today, then via Trib Wire Service "Once and Again an Eagle, Frey Upbeat About New LP (http://technews.tmcnet.com/news/2013/04/28/7095189.htm), in advance of his Saturday solo show.

FREY, 64, has a house on Kauai and said he gets to Maui now and then.

"I've been to Hana and hiked Haleakala and some fun stuff like that in my youthier days," he said. "So I'm looking forward to getting back over to Maui. It should be a lot of fun." "Fun" is a word that pops up often in conversation with Frey.

I enjoy his invention of the word "youthier." Too cute.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-29-2013, 08:35 AM
Thanks!!

GlennLover
04-29-2013, 11:36 AM

He has been using that "word" since the '90's, LOL!

Freypower
05-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Apparently this ran in the Honolulu Star-Advertiser today, then via Trib Wire Service "Once and Again an Eagle, Frey Upbeat About New LP (http://technews.tmcnet.com/news/2013/04/28/7095189.htm), in advance of his Saturday solo show.

Part of this is worth quoting as it gives an insight into how much work Glenn put into the documentary.

"When I got back into working on this documentary -- and I was in charge of remixing all the music for this film, so I was deep into that, as well as watching the footage over and over again -- one of the things I realized was how much fun it was," he said.

AEW21
05-02-2013, 08:31 PM
I don't know why, but I abnormally enjoy this video interview (http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/22133446/glen-frey-of-the-eagles) Glenn did with Hawaii News Now this week. Enjoy hearing his connections to the state, including the story on he and Don and the road crew traipsing around Hawaii during the 70s. And of course, it doesn't hurt that he looks fantastic. :)

Freypower
05-02-2013, 08:55 PM
How sweet. MMM. :thumbsup:

Brooke
05-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Thanks AEW! Glenn looks fabulous in that! Very healthy and tanned! In other words :smokin:

They could have played a song he was singing at the end though.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-04-2013, 08:49 PM
A bit about Glenn that I'd never heard before...

http://www.canada.com/Carr+town/8338783/story.html

05-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Very interesting - I knew that Glenn was good friends with Gene, but I didn't realize he was the inspiration for New Kid In Town. If that's true, all I can say is 'God love him'! Here is an old thread with more about their friendship ...

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234&highlight=gene+carr

VAisForEagleLovers
05-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Pretty cool. I'd never read that thread before. I knew Glenn was a sports buff and liked hockey, since I'd seen some pictures of him playing and of course, the Maple Leafs and Blackhawks shirts. I knew he went to at least one Kings game during the finals last year. However, I didn't realize he was that into hockey. I guess since he grew up in Hockeytown, USA it shouldn't be a surprise.

Gene Carr played for the Penguins, I thought I remembered the name from somewhere, and Phil Bourque (commentator during games) is always mentioning people from the past. I went and looked it up to refresh my memory, but Gene played one year, around 77, and his stats for that year were pretty good. Unfortunately, the Pens were horrid back then and I want to say it was a year or so after that before they had a winning season. Football and baseball dominated the Steel City back then, and the Pens didn't have any good years, really until the very early 90's. Carr played most of his years for the Kings if I remember the Wiki entry from a few hours ago correctly.

I had commented a long time ago in another thread about what Eagle we'd like to meet that I'd love to meet Glenn and just sit and talk about sports. Now, after reading all this, I'd like that even more!

Freypower
05-05-2013, 06:57 PM
I'd like to ask him if he knows anything about non-American sport like football ('soccer'). It wouldn't bother me if he didn't but I would still like to know.

NYC Fan
05-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Pretty cool. I'd never read that thread before. I knew Glenn was a sports buff and liked hockey, since I'd seen some pictures of him playing and of course, the Maple Leafs and Blackhawks shirts. I knew he went to at least one Kings game during the finals last year. However, I didn't realize he was that into hockey. I guess since he grew up in Hockeytown, USA it shouldn't be a surprise.

I had commented a long time ago in another thread about what Eagle we'd like to meet that I'd love to meet Glenn and just sit and talk about sports. Now, after reading all this, I'd like that even more!

A friend of mine told me a story years ago about chatting with Glenn in the VIP lounge at a Kings game when she was waiting to get a drink at the bar. She knows nothing about music, and had no idea who he was. She said he was really nice, and he knew a lot about hockey. She actually wrote about it in a short essay in one of those compliation books by the Chicken Soup for the Soul people called "Hooked on Hockey". I'll have to get it out of the library and read it one of these days. But it cracks me up that she had no clue who she was talking to, until she walked back to her friend who of course knew exactly who he was.

I loved the fact that he never let on. He just sat there and talked about hockey :)

VAisForEagleLovers
05-05-2013, 10:44 PM
I'm so jealous!! Seriously, do you know how difficult it is to find anyone who can talk intelligently about sports and especially hockey? Even baseball, I was out yesterday and my phone buzzed with an alert from the Bucs/Nats game. I mentioned it and the guy with me said he loved baseball. He talked about some of the big names on the Nats team and I mentioned that with all the inter-league play being more staggered this year, the talking heads were all wondering how long it would be before the National League changed their rules to include a designated hitter. I said how awful I thought that was, and this guy had no idea what I was talking about.

Tiffanny Twisted
05-05-2013, 10:47 PM
A friend of mine told me a story years ago about chatting with Glenn in the VIP lounge at a Kings game when she was waiting to get a drink at the bar. She knows nothing about music, and had no idea who he was. She said he was really nice, and he knew a lot about hockey. She actually wrote about it in a short essay in one of those compliation books by the Chicken Soup for the Soul people called "Hooked on Hockey". I'll have to get it out of the library and read it one of these days. But it cracks me up that she had no clue who she was talking to, until she walked back to her friend who of course knew exactly who he was.

I loved the fact that he never let on. He just sat there and talked about hockey :)
now how cool is that.glad i likehockey:soda:

NYC Fan
05-06-2013, 07:31 AM
I'm so jealous!! Seriously, do you know how difficult it is to find anyone who can talk intelligently about sports and especially hockey? Even baseball, I was out yesterday and my phone buzzed with an alert from the Bucs/Nats game. I mentioned it and the guy with me said he loved baseball. He talked about some of the big names on the Nats team and I mentioned that with all the inter-league play being more staggered this year, the talking heads were all wondering how long it would be before the National League changed their rules to include a designated hitter. I said how awful I thought that was, and this guy had no idea what I was talking about.

So did this guy not know what a DH was? That is pretty shocking. LOL

My friend said the reason she liked talking to Glenn was that, at the time (which was in the mid-80's, before Gretzky played there), it was hard to find anyone in LA who knew anything about hockey. And this "cute guy in a Michigan t-shirt" knew what he was talking about.

Funniest part of the story to me was when they started talking, she asked him what brought him to LA. He told her it was his work. :)

AEW21
05-06-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm sorta sad there weren't more Twitter comments or any any online reviews for the Maui show. I at least wanted to know what he wore. ;)

VAisForEagleLovers
05-06-2013, 07:25 PM
I'm sorta sad there weren't more Twitter comments or any any online reviews for the Maui show. I at least wanted to know what he wore. ;)

I was shocked, too. A few comments about people getting ready to go and a few comments afterwards, a good show, a good time, and one that said they saw a friend there they hadn't seen in a while.

Joe and Glenn's POT show is tonight, we'll see what we get from it.

Freypower
05-06-2013, 07:37 PM

He would have worn either the black suit or the grey one.

Topkat
05-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Glenn posing with 2 models who have no clue who he is....
This was on Instagram

sodascouts
05-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Well beauty doesn't always come with brains! ;)

Do you know where it was taken?

WalshFan88
05-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Now there's a photo everybody here can enjoy. ;) :hilarious:

05-11-2013, 07:50 PM
:lol: Austin.

Glenn looks so handsome in that picture. Too bad it's a bit blurry.

Topkat
05-11-2013, 11:02 PM
The model is Stephanie_ming. She said she had no idea who Glenn was . They told her he was an Eagle, & she didn't know who the Eagles are....DUH
I have no idea where this is, but Glenn looks like he's having a good time!

VAisForEagleLovers
05-11-2013, 11:48 PM
I can't see attachments on the phone!

Outlawman13
05-12-2013, 12:13 AM
MMMMMM Glenn!!!! LOL. Well those girls need to get a good taste of what the Eagles are!!!!! LOL.

Austin, you crack me up:hilarious:!!!! LOL

Topkat
05-12-2013, 01:04 AM
Well, she said that her father was impressed~ Maybe dad will clue her in on who the Eagles are.

zeldabjr
05-12-2013, 01:15 AM
I wonder why Glenn would be posing with them for a picture if they don't even know who he is?

Glennhoney
05-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Glenn looks extremely handsome in this pic...WOWOW!

Glennsallnighter
05-18-2013, 05:41 AM
The model is Stephanie_ming. She said she had no idea who Glenn was . They told her he was an Eagle, & she didn't know who the Eagles are....DUH

DUH indeed! What a waste of a good Eagle!

VAisForEagleLovers
08-29-2013, 08:22 PM
Apparently, Glenn was in Asheville, NC last week.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/gl/Asheville_zps3188eac5.jpg

Grey Sadler
08-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Apparently, Glenn was in Asheville, NC last week.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/gl/Asheville_zps3188eac5.jpg

Whoa! That's about an hour away from me!! Wonder what he was here for...golf? :laugh:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-13-2013, 09:00 PM
Freddy is a singer and songwriter with 2 albums and some film and TV credits, he's from Calgary, AB, according to his Twitter bio.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/GlenndinnerinCalgary_zps5a4b8eb5.jpg

sodascouts
09-14-2013, 12:24 AM
Cool!

Glennsallnighter
09-14-2013, 02:33 AM
Lucky Freddy! I'd die to have dinner with Glenn :heart: Frey!

Desperada
09-14-2013, 04:20 AM
Lucky Freddy! I'd die to have dinner with Glenn :heart: Frey!

Me too, now I can dream of this at work!https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

GlennLover
09-14-2013, 08:59 PM
I just happened across this article but, I didn't want to start a new thread for just this one article. It is actually about Cindy, although Glenn's name is mentioned. It is Donna Karan's Journal entitled "Women Who Inspire" & Cindy was chosen as one of those women! It's a short entry but the photo of Cindy is beautiful. Glenn must be very proud. http://www.donnakaran.com/donnas-journal/women-who-inspire/c66f4548-4f7b-4397-ac48-fe254efd9091/cindy-frey

Here are more photos of Cindy that the photographer, of the picture mentioned above, posted from the same shoot. http://www.donavanfreberg.com/cindy-frey-donna-karan-women-who-inspire/

VAisForEagleLovers
09-14-2013, 09:49 PM
This is so cool!! Cindy is beautiful and those who've seen her in person know that it's more than a physical beauty. Everyone here knows that I think Glenn is simply amazing, but I also think he's a lucky man...and he's smart enough to know it.

sodascouts
09-14-2013, 10:23 PM
I've only met and spoken with Cindy briefly, but she impressed me as a very warm and sweet person. Of course, it goes without saying that she's beautiful; I like that's she got a striking natural beauty and doesn't look all "plastic" and "Hollywood." Glenn chose well!

Houston Baby
09-14-2013, 10:39 PM
Cindy is indeed beautiful inside & out! And I am happy that she & Glenn found each other. I love seeing her courtside at the Lakers games with him. Glenn is calm & laid back & she is jumping up cheering everytime the Lakers score. My kind of fan!

GlennLover
09-14-2013, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE=sodascouts;247723 Of course, it goes without saying that she's beautiful; I like that's she got a striking natural beauty and doesn't look all "plastic" and "Hollywood."[/QUOTE]

Soda, I always thought this about her too, but I was never quite able to put it into words. I'm glad that you noticed this as well & described it so well too.

Freypower
09-15-2013, 06:52 PM
I had the privilege of sitting near her at the LA show & she is indeed a beautiful & vibrant woman. I could tell the warmth of her personality in the way she greeted people. It was a real honour for me (of course, she had For Sentimental Reasons dedicated to her as well, which I have never forgotten).

VAisForEagleLovers
10-04-2013, 06:43 AM
This interview talks a little bit about a lot of things, but the man who talks the most talks about meeting Glenn a few times. He talks about an annual charity event (golf) that Glenn has.

http://iphone.tsn.ca/tsnpodcasts/tsnradio/CNOct3.mp3

Brooke
10-04-2013, 10:47 AM
I just saw the pics of Cindy! She really is a natural beauty! And like someone mentioned, not fake and overdone like so many celebrities!

Thanks for posting that GL!

Prettymaid
10-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Maybe we should start a poll...Which Eagle has the best-looking wife? :hilarious:

MaryCalifornia
10-04-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm sure they're all lovely. I have never seen a recent pic of Don's wife. Jean Schmit is 61, so I'm guessing she is at least 15 years older than Cindy Frey, if not 20 - not really a fair comparison. We could post public (not from kids' social media sites) photos of them at their loveliest, though!! That would be nice. We could include the former 3 Eagles' wives, too!

sad-cafe
10-06-2013, 11:13 PM
all of those wives are lucky ladies but what I wouldn't give to have Timothy B sing me to sleep!

10-07-2013, 12:33 AM
Actually MC - There is only a 9 year age difference between Cindy and Jean. Cindy is 52 years old, I believe. In any event, I suspect PM was just kidding about starting a poll. As you said, all of the Eagles' wives are lovely ladies.

Glennhoney
10-07-2013, 07:35 AM
UUMM...I THOUGHT I READ SOMEWHERE THAT CINDY WAS 17 YEARS YOUNGER THAN GLENN...

shunlvswx
10-07-2013, 07:45 AM
I think I saw on here that she was born in 1965?

GlennLover
10-07-2013, 11:48 AM
UUMM...I THOUGHT I READ SOMEWHERE THAT CINDY WAS 17 YEARS YOUNGER THAN GLENN...

Anything I have read over the years indicates that Cindy is now 48.

10-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Well - I could certainly be wrong about Cindy's age. I can't remember what my source was, but I have her birthday listed as April, 1961. I really don't have time to research this right now, but if anyone has additional information, then please feel free to let us know.

sodascouts
10-07-2013, 04:26 PM
I thought it was 1965, but I could be remembering wrong. Don't have time to look it up right now.

SilverMoon
10-07-2013, 04:35 PM
According to PublicRecords.com, Cindy is 48.

http://www.publicrecords.com/people-search-records/cindy%20-f-millican-in-california

shunlvswx
10-07-2013, 04:46 PM
I remembered an article I read on here that Cindy was 27 and Glenn was 43 or 44when they announced they were pregnant with no. 2 in 1993. I don't remember which thread it was in. I think it was in the picture thread because we were thinking how old was Cindy.

Glennhoney
10-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Anything I have read over the years indicates that Cindy is now 48.

..that would make sense...

Freypower
10-07-2013, 05:51 PM
She is certainly not the same age as me & I am 52. I am 12 years younger than Glenn & I have always read she is 17 years younger, as has been stated, so yes, 1965.

shunlvswx
10-07-2013, 06:16 PM
I saw a picture of Cindy in the picture thread. I don't know how old that picture was, but she doesn't look like she's about to hit 50 in two years. She looks great for her age.

10-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Well thanks to everyone for the 'research'. It definitely seems like 1965 is the correct year of Cindy's birth. Now, that many of you have mentioned it, I do recall some past discussions on the board about her age. I have no idea where I got 1961 from - I guess it could have even been a typo. :headscratch: Anyway, sorry for the misinformation and glad we got it sorted out.

And either way, I agree she looks great for her age!

VAisForEagleLovers
10-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Well thanks to everyone for the 'research'. It definitely seems like 1965 is the correct year of Cindy's birth. Now, that many of you have mentioned it, I do recall some past discussions on the board about her age. I have no idea where I got 1961 from - I guess it could have even been a typo. :headscratch: Anyway, sorry for the misinformation and glad we got it sorted out.

And either way, I agree she looks great for her age!

Well, 1961 was a fantastic year and some incredible people were born that year. Just not Cindy. :wink:

GlennLover
10-07-2013, 10:16 PM
I think one of those "Celebrity Hookups" sites listed her birth year as 1961 at one time.

10-07-2013, 11:02 PM
Well, 1961 was a fantastic year and some incredible people were born that year. Just not Cindy. :wink:

:hmm: VA - You must be talking about President Obama and George Clooney! :wink: :wink:

Prettymaid
10-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Actually MC - There is only a 9 year age difference between Cindy and Jean. Cindy is 52 years old, I believe. In any event, I suspect PM was just kidding about starting a poll. As you said, all of the Eagles' wives are lovely ladies.

Yes, that was just me being silly.

glenneaglesfan
10-11-2013, 03:29 PM
OMG, just watching Mastermind on UK tv, and the general knowledge question was "Glenn Frey is the member of which American rock band?" To his credit the contestant got the answer right!

Glennsallnighter
10-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Cool! What channel?

sodascouts
10-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Glad the contestant got it right!

Glennsallnighter
10-24-2013, 03:26 AM
Don't know if this has been posted before but I found it in a google alert this morning.

http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2013/10/23/game-one-series

VAisForEagleLovers
10-24-2013, 07:16 AM
Brooke will be happy about that!

Prettymaid
10-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Nice to know they're still using the song after all these years!

GlennLover
10-24-2013, 09:17 AM
Glenn might be happy about this too, but I think he could be a Red Sox fan. :laugh:

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/1Cdn/5F91333D-B19C-4290-9422-D4341BA8EDE7-264-0000001903B63C71_zps0048ab1f.jpg

Brooke
10-24-2013, 09:22 AM
Don't know if this has been posted before but I found it in a google alert this morning.

http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2013/10/23/game-one-series

Thanks Ga! VA sent it to me on Fb and I've reposted it there! Love it!

Glenn might be happy about this too, but I think he could be a Red Sox fan. :laugh:

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/1Cdn/5F91333D-B19C-4290-9422-D4341BA8EDE7-264-0000001903B63C71_zps0048ab1f.jpg

All I can say to this is BOOooooo!

I will try to forget about it at the concert tonight........:sad:

sodascouts
10-24-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm sure he was just trying to be polite. ;)

AftertheThrill
11-18-2013, 02:37 PM
It was a Cindy sighting, not Glenn but looks like Cindy has been traveling with Kris Jenner. Kris tweeted a picture of them getting off a plane.

11-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Very interesting - ATT. Can you post the link to her tweet for us?

AftertheThrill
11-18-2013, 02:43 PM
http://instagram.com/p/g1pcaYm-O6/

It actually links to instagram.

11-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Thanks a bunch, ATT! Those two ladies are lookin' great!!!

Brooke
11-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Wonder what they are up to? They both look great!

VAisForEagleLovers
11-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Kris who is Don Felder's daughter Leah's step-mother-in-law? Small world there in LA.

AftertheThrill
11-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Kris is also really good friends with Shelli Azoff. Khloe got married at Irving's house and Kim had her baby shower there.

(Useless Kardashian trivia)

VAisForEagleLovers
11-18-2013, 07:26 PM
I hesitate to admit that I've not kept up with the K's! I know one of them dated or was married to a basketball player, because the gossip there shows up on sports pages. Other than that, I'm pretty clueless about them.

Thirsty&Hot
11-21-2013, 08:37 PM
speaking of Cindy and her youthful, natural beauty
I had posted this in the Eagles Mentions in the Press...

I found this photographer's website featuring Cindy's portraits (which were shot at her house in the Pacific Palisades which she shares with Glenn) for Donna Karan's website "Women Who Inspire" for her Lupus charity work.

http://www.donavanfreberg.com/cindy-...n-who-inspire/

11-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Thanks T&H. Those pictures of Cindy were just recently posted, but I can't remember the thread. They are lovely.

Thirsty&Hot
11-21-2013, 08:45 PM
Thanks T&H. Those pictures of Cindy were just recently posted, but I can't remember the thread. They are lovely.

could it have been me in the Eagles Mentions in the Press?

I posted the link there too

though I do think I saw one of these photos of her posted somewhere else too

GlennLover
11-21-2013, 11:00 PM
I posted them, but I can't remember the thread either. LOL!

ETA: See post #606 in this thread.

carol7lynn
11-30-2013, 11:39 AM
According to a poster on the Steve Hoffman music forum, the poster ran into Glenn here in L.A. at a benefit concert for the School of Rock at the Troub on Sunday, Nov. 24th. I was thinking about going, as Jackson Browne was scheduled to appear, but opted not to. Kicking myself today.

Here is the link: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/chillin-w-jackson-browne-the-troubv.335642/

There are a couple of vids on YouTube if anyone is interested in the benefit concert itself. No Glenn Frey so I'm not going to bother posting the link here. Just Google the show and they'll pop up.

Carol-Lynn

sodascouts
12-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the info!

deb828
12-01-2013, 03:35 PM
She seems very young--is there a big age difference? Very attractive.

sodascouts
12-01-2013, 04:52 PM
16 years, if I recall correctly.

VAisForEagleLovers
12-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Just saw this tweet:

2HC Coffs Harbour‏@2HC_Coffs_Coast8m
On Coffs Coasting Today: MobileMuster, This Week in Dorrigo, Urunga Boxing Afternoon, NBN's Mike Rabbitt, Live At 1.45: Glenn Frey

Their website is:
http://www.radio639am.info/index.html

I assume this is about an hour and a half from now.

Freypower
12-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Just saw this tweet:

2HC Coffs Harbour‏@2HC_Coffs_Coast8m
On Coffs Coasting Today: MobileMuster, This Week in Dorrigo, Urunga Boxing Afternoon, NBN's Mike Rabbitt, Live At 1.45: Glenn Frey

Their website is:
http://www.radio639am.info/index.html

I assume this is about an hour and a half from now.

Well, I don't understand that. Coffs Harbour is in my home state of New South Wales. If they interviewed him during the After Hours tour here why have they taken so long to broadcast it? And he didn't play anywhere near there; the closest he got was Newcastle.

VAisForEagleLovers
12-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Well, I don't understand that. Coffs Harbour is in my home state of New South Wales. If they interviewed him during the After Hours tour here why have they taken so long to broadcast it? And he didn't play anywhere near there; the closest he got was Newcastle.

It says 'live'. Their tweets show they had Tina Turner 'live' at 1:45 yesterday, I think. They seem to have a lot of 'live' interviews at 1:45. Not sure if it's really live or not...

Freypower
12-05-2013, 10:22 PM
I don't see why Glenn would be doing an interview with an obscure Australian radio station when there are no announcements about Australia imminent.

sodascouts
12-06-2013, 12:09 AM
maybe it's a repeat of a "live" interview he did last year?

MaryCalifornia
12-06-2013, 02:16 AM
Or, it could be the first little bit of noise about Eagles going to Australia...getting the word out!! Phone interview with Glenn...sounds like good news to me. If it is live, sure bodes well!

Edit: OMG just noticed Soda's avi:yay:

Brooke
12-06-2013, 11:05 AM

Me too! Love!

sodascouts
12-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Or, it could be the first little bit of noise about Eagles going to Australia...getting the word out!! Phone interview with Glenn...sounds like good news to me. If it is live, sure bodes well!

They both looked incredible, eh?

VAisForEagleLovers
12-13-2013, 08:51 PM
I don't think this is new, but Uncle Joe Benson posted this yesterday and Glenn gives a little background for Please Come Home For Christmas.

http://thesoundla.com/2013/12/story-glenn-frey-12-12-13/

Brooke
12-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Thanks VA!

I can't believe it only took them a week to record that song! :lie: :lol:

MaryCalifornia
12-20-2013, 09:33 PM
OK, click on this random but cute article and guess what immediately caught my attention!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2527347/Alyssa-Milano-shares-picture-teenage-Eva-Mendes-getting-autograph.html

luna65
12-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Ahhhh that's great!
It reminds me of something that happened to me last year; I had bought an issue of Sounds from 1979 on eBay for a specific article and while I was looking through the issue (very carefully as it was getting crumbly in its old age) I saw an ad for a record a friend of mine had produced and I took a photo of it and sent it to him with the subject line "Remember when...?"

sodascouts
12-21-2013, 12:34 AM
OK, click on this random but cute article and guess what immediately caught my attention!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2527347/Alyssa-Milano-shares-picture-teenage-Eva-Mendes-getting-autograph.html

lol! That's great!

Glennsallnighter
12-21-2013, 05:00 PM
Love it. Great find! Thanks for posting it.

Glennhoney
12-22-2013, 02:37 PM

ha..love it..

Elizasong
12-26-2013, 07:15 PM
Is there a Glenn reference here or just the Eva Mendez Alyssa Milano article? :shrug:

Freypower
12-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Is there a Glenn reference here or just the Eva Mendez Alyssa Milano article? :shrug:

You can see the cover of the Soul Searchin' album in the photo.

VAisForEagleLovers
12-26-2013, 10:14 PM

it took me awhile to figure it out. The picture of the album was cut off on the tablet that I was using until I turned it sideways.

Brooke
12-27-2013, 11:28 AM
Took me a bit too!

Elizasong
12-27-2013, 10:54 PM
Oh I missed it. thanks.

Tiffanny Twisted
12-28-2013, 12:47 PM
that is so cool .lol

Midnight Visitor
01-09-2014, 12:33 PM
Oh my! I'm absolutely speechless here!!

http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/09/eagles-glenn-frey-porn-magazine/

sodascouts
01-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Oh man. I wonder if TMZ has people staked out at those stands in the hopes of capturing moments just like that one? They are so freaking lame.

MaryCalifornia
01-09-2014, 12:57 PM
I happened upon this item on TMZ before I saw it posted here, and just from a quick sweep of the headline, I thought for sure it was going to be Joe!! For sure! I'm sorry, Joe. (Well, it said "guitarist"...)

Midnight Visitor
01-09-2014, 01:13 PM
Ha, ha! I have to admit that when I saw guitarist, I thought, "Please don't let it be Joe, please don't let it be Joe!" And much to my surprise, it wasn't. Actually Joe's been a pretty good boy for about 20 years now. Shock of shocks!

sodascouts
01-09-2014, 01:15 PM
TMZ loves Joe.... or at least, they love to photograph/video him when he's hanging out with Ringo Starr. Joe knows how to handle those guys (although no one is safe from these kind of "gotcha" moments).

MaryCalifornia
01-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Could this all be part of some demented Irving Azoff publicity plan leading up to the LA shows? Maybe he MADE Glenn do it!!!

1. Vinyl LP sits atop the Forum in LA - 2 weeks out

2. Glenn buying XXX in LA sits in top spot on TMZ - 6 days out

3. ____???

Brooke
01-09-2014, 04:00 PM
Oh my, just saw this! :blush:

Victim of Love
01-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Did you see the photos?!? He doesn't look the least bit bothered that he was caught red-handed!!! lol!

prayfordaylight
01-09-2014, 04:17 PM
Plenty of stuff on the internet for free Glenn. At least leave LA if you're gonna buy that kinda stuff so the paps don't see it!

Freypower
01-09-2014, 04:25 PM
It isn't for me to judge. If others here now wish to make judgments, that is their call, not mine. For those who are saying they are glad it wasn't Joe I suppose there is no response to that.

TMZ are sanctimonious hypocrites.

Midnight Visitor
01-09-2014, 04:40 PM
I only said it because people EXPECT it from Joe. Believe me, I couldn't care less that Glenn looks at or buys porn. Don't care one bit so it's not a judgement call against him in any way! Am I surprised by it? No. Does it suck that these guys have photographers doing that to them? You bet.

Freypower
01-09-2014, 04:51 PM
I only said it because people EXPECT it from Joe. Believe me, I couldn't care less that Glenn looks at or buys porn. Don't care one bit so it's not a judgement call against him in any way! Am I surprised by it? No. Does it suck that these guys have photographers doing that to them? You bet.

OK... I have to ask. Why do you think people expect this from Joe?

juana_vaina
01-09-2014, 05:02 PM
Don't worry, at least, you know that his little thing still works! :yay:

Midnight Visitor
01-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Because he was a well known clown drunk for 25 years. There are people out there that have no idea Joe has been sober for 20 years. People are absolutely obsessed with behavior they feel is "deviant". Whether they participate in it themselves or not. Be it drinking, drugs, sex, anything that the mainstream considers "deviant". The general public also thinks that all these things go together. Do they? Why do you ask? It's not much of a leap.

sodascouts
01-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Plus, Joe has the whole "bad boy" image. Like MV says, all that stuff goes together in people's minds.

Freypower
01-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Because he was a well known clown drunk for 25 years. There are people out there that have no idea Joe has been sober for 20 years. People are absolutely obsessed with behavior they feel is "deviant". Whether they participate in it themselves or not. Be it drinking, drugs, sex, anything that the mainstream considers "deviant". The general public also thinks that all these things go together. Do they? Why do you ask? It's not much of a leap.

I asked because I genuinely didn't know. I think of Joe as he is now too, not as he was.

Regarding the photo of Glenn I like it & I am going to save it. Is that wrong? Perhaps.

sodascouts
01-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Well, I might crop it a bit before using it as an avatar, FP.

Midnight Visitor
01-09-2014, 05:19 PM
He's not buying child porn. No, it's not wrong. Who cares? For all we know he'll be watching the DVD tonight with his wife. I'd save it if it was Joe.

Freypower
01-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Well, I might crop it a bit before using it as an avatar, FP.

I'm not going to use it as an avatar & I intend to crop it but I thought if I said that I would sound as hypocritical as TMZ. I like the T shirt which seems to say JFK/LAX.

Witchy Woman
01-09-2014, 05:29 PM
I never come over to this neck of the woods, but I did so I could post the TMZ article, but it was already posted. I honestly don't see what the big deal is. He may be older, but he isn't dead !!

sodascouts
01-09-2014, 05:36 PM
I know. It's not like he was doing anything illegal or even uncommon (although it's true that many find such material objectionable). All I can think of is that it was a slow day for TMZ. Maybe Britney, Miley, and the Kardashians were taking the day off.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-09-2014, 08:04 PM
For the record, porn on the internet, free or paid subscription, tends to come with viruses, trojans, and worms, not to mention your name ends up on a list somewhere and gets sold to other companies, porn or otherwise, and you get bombarded with emails that you don't want if you go the subscription route. If you aren't technically savvy, you can too easily click the wrong thing and end up with something that is illegal and be on an FBI watchlist of some type. Oh, and it seldom comes with a free DVD!

I'm not questioning his purchases (note there are two of them), however his jeans are another story... I'm hoping this pic was taken in NYC or someplace like that because if LA is cold enough to need that heavy of a jacket I'm not gonna be happy next week.

Freypower
01-09-2014, 08:08 PM
For the record, porn on the internet, free or paid subscription, tends to come with viruses, trojans, and worms, not to mention your name ends up on a list somewhere and gets sold to other companies, porn or otherwise, and you get bombarded with emails that you don't want if you go the subscription route. If you aren't technically savvy, you can too easily click the wrong thing and end up with something that is illegal and be on an FBI watchlist of some type. Oh, and it seldom comes with a free DVD!

I'm not questioning his purchases (note there are two of them), however his jeans are another story... I'm hoping this pic was taken in NYC or someplace like that because if LA is cold enough to need that heavy of a jacket I'm not gonna be happy next week.

The article says it was taken in Brentwood, the suburb of LA where he lives or did live (those photos of Cindy at home were taken in Pacific Palisades).

VAisForEagleLovers
01-09-2014, 08:23 PM
The article says it was taken in Brentwood, the suburb of LA where he lives or did live (those photos of Cindy at home were taken in Pacific Palisades).

That's right, it did. OK, all I can say is I'm NOT taking a coat that heavy.

Is that an iPhone in his coat pocket?

Freypower
01-09-2014, 08:35 PM
I don't know; but he has worn that jacket on stage so I guess he must not think it's too heavy. It is winter in LA too; it isn't always warm there.

GlennLover
01-09-2014, 09:00 PM
He was wearing that jacket when I saw him in concert with Joe in Aspen in 2010. It was the labour day weekend and it wasn't cold.

Henley Honey
01-09-2014, 09:12 PM
I don't know if it's done elsewhere, but in NY these magazines are part and parcel of gag gifts given at bachelor parties. My husband bought a half a dozen for his brother's THIRD bachelor party. The other gag gifts are not fit for a public forum, but you get the idea. Who knows why he bought them. Who cares?

MaryCalifornia
01-09-2014, 09:51 PM
I think you're 100% on the right track, HH. Those newspaper stands are only located on the busiest streets in LA. It is so out of character (not the porn viewing, the XXX mag buying on the sidewalk with anyone and everyone around to see) for a member of the Eagles to be caught doing something like this in public. It's gotta be for a party or a joke gift (I was thinking one of his sons' birthdays, but that's disgusting and I quickly deleted it from my mind.) Maybe he's gonna leave them in one of the guys' dressing rooms in the Forum, along with the fruit baskets, etc..:o.

[As far as the jacket, it is chilly here in the mornings - high 40s to low 50s - you definitely need a light jacket if you're out before 10:00. After that it is nice.]

VAisForEagleLovers
01-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Forties and fifties sounds downright tropical!

Elizasong
01-09-2014, 10:40 PM
Hey maybe it's a gag gift maybe it's to spice up his marriage. What ever the reason there is nothing wrong with it and I hope he enjoys what ever he's doing with it! That would be hilarious if it was a publicity stunt.

I agree with the point made that the internet is a dangerous place to check out porn. There are too many risks involved.

I don't agree with assuming it's Joe but I do see the point you are making. Even if it was Joe again he has a right to.

Party on!! :yay:

GlennLover
01-09-2014, 11:41 PM
I don't know if it's done elsewhere, but in NY these magazines are part and parcel of gag gifts given at bachelor parties. My husband bought a half a dozen for his brother's THIRD bachelor party. The other gag gifts are not fit for a public forum, but you get the idea. Who knows why he bought them. Who cares?

That thought crossed my mind as well, HH.

GlennLover
01-09-2014, 11:46 PM
TMZ are really trying to get a lot of mileage out of this story. I got a Google alert which contained a supposedly comical news video about Glenn's purchase. I'm not going to post it.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-10-2014, 09:52 AM
I agree Lamorna... As I read elsewhere...when a man has had seven women on his mind for over forty years, what else can he do?

GlennLover
01-10-2014, 09:55 AM
Good one, VA! :hilarious:

juana_vaina
01-10-2014, 10:49 AM
Not as if it involves children or animals is it? If this is what he enjoys then let him. Nothing disgusting about this at all. Maybe he found his son's hidden magazines and needs to bond with him?

You nailed it, dear Lamorna, I see nothing but "disappointed" people with cheap excuses to defend the indefensible.

juana_vaina
01-10-2014, 10:51 AM
I agree Lamorna... As I read elsewhere...when a man has had seven women on his mind for over forty years, what else can he do?

Yeah, really good!

Glennsallnighter
01-10-2014, 10:55 AM
I got the google alert this morning too and had a quick smirk at it! For whatever reason he was doing it, I think its a whole Media storm in a teacup. Who really actually cares??? Most guys will do something (buy, read, watch on TV or watch online) porn related at some satge in their lives.

I bet the counter assistant didn't even know who he was!!!

And once again, in that t-shirt and jacket he looked as XXX as ever to me!

Way to go Glenn :heart:

secret squirrel
01-10-2014, 12:02 PM

I got this on a Google alert with a different link. When I clicked on it, it said 404 File Not Found - Eagles machinery at work?

I think Glenn would/should just laugh about it and be pleased that he still warrants such OTT surveillance from the media. Hope his wife can see the funny side too.

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/ (http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/grant-hart-live-milton-sputnik.html)

Zanny Kingston
01-10-2014, 12:33 PM
I found this story to be pretty funny.

Actually, I think I remember that there is a picture of him somewhere from the 1970s where he is reading a playboy!

All things considered, there are far worse things he could be doing.

I hope his family finds this amusing more than anything else. I know if it were my dad, I would be like "really dad?- cant you get a subscription mailed to you or something?"

The other scenario that crossed my mind- and someone else mentioned this , was perhaps he was buying them to play a joke on someone. If you think about it, if its for a bachelor party for a friend that is in his age group it would be funny. Reminds me a bit of the move "Last Vegas" that was out recently.

HenleyFan1971
01-10-2014, 01:08 PM
it has been cold in the LA the last couple of weeks in the morning and the pictures was taken in the morning it has been the high 40's and does not warm til after when I left before 8 this morning it was 46 degrees so seeing glenn with a leather jacket does not surprise me at LA is not always sunny and warm Nov-Feb it does get cold lol

Molly
01-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Maybe Cindy is out of town and Glenn has to "eat his lunch alone"...just sayin'.

zeldabjr
01-10-2014, 01:54 PM
Maybe Cindy is out of town and Glenn has to "eat his lunch alone"...just sayin'.

:hilarious:

Woodstock
01-10-2014, 04:36 PM
Like my husband said, "At least he wasn't caught buying a hooker"!! Must have been a slow day for TMZ.

Brooke
01-10-2014, 05:08 PM
I was wondering if it could be a fake picture that someone made. You know those are all over the internet.

But even so, Glenn's a man and men do these things sometimes! (I've even heard some women like porn! :shock: ) :lol:

Glennsallnighter
01-10-2014, 06:30 PM

I had that thought too!

WalshFan88
01-10-2014, 08:37 PM
They are taking typical guy behavior and making it to be a big deal. Of course I'm biased though. :hilarious:

Thirsty&Hot
01-10-2014, 10:11 PM

wow...and I had recently said to someone "oh you never see the Eagles in the eye of the paparazzi". usually in the press, they are just talking about them in terms of music or charities etc.

how dare they refer to him as merely a guitarist!

Thirsty&Hot
01-10-2014, 10:16 PM
I happened upon this item on TMZ before I saw it posted here, and just from a quick sweep of the headline, I thought for sure it was going to be Joe!! For sure! I'm sorry, Joe. (Well, it said "guitarist"...)

I actually thought it was going to be Joe too!

and though I don't understand why he would buy that right there out in the open like that in LA, especially when there's so much free stuff on the internet...I don't see anything wrong with it.

maybe he's afraid Cindy or Otis might find it on the computer and/or he's not computer savvy...perhaps he has more privacy with a mag.

Thirsty&Hot
01-10-2014, 10:22 PM

haha love it!

Thirsty&Hot
01-10-2014, 10:26 PM

loving these puns hehe!

Thirsty&Hot
01-10-2014, 10:29 PM
Actually, I think I remember that there is a picture of him somewhere from the 1970s where he is reading a playboy!

mmhmmm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/f7860806db8da9ff00773cc2489f7cc0_zpsd83df48b.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/f7860806db8da9ff00773cc2489f7cc0_zpsd83df48b.jpg.h tml)

GlennLover
01-10-2014, 11:43 PM
Nothing new here, but I just got this in a Google alert. It's tells the charities that Glenn is involved with. https://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/glenn-frey

I think we've had enough discussion on the porn purchase issue.

sodascouts
01-10-2014, 11:47 PM
Those are just a few of the causes he supports. He's a generous man, albeit a "quiet giver."

Thanks for posting that, GL.

Freypower
01-10-2014, 11:48 PM
Nothing new here, but I just got this in a Google alert. It's tells the charities that Glenn is involved with. https://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/glenn-frey

I think we've had enough discussion on the porn purchase issue.

Thanks, GL. Agreed.

'You can get in touch with Glenn Frey'... yeah, right.:worried:

GlennLover
01-10-2014, 11:50 PM
Thanks, GL. Agreed.

'YOu can get in touch with Glenn Frey'... yeah, right.:worried:

LOL, I had the same reaction when I read that.

sodascouts
01-11-2014, 12:46 AM
Here's a bigger version of the 1974 photo, for the curious:

http://glennfreyonline.com/images/GFrey1974plane01.jpg

UndertheWire
01-11-2014, 05:55 AM
What is sticking out from under his T-shirt?? I hope it isn't what I think it is!! Seriously, I hope that's his belt!!
It's the magazine cover. Just to eliminate any doubt: http://www.pdfmagaz.in/14274912-playboy-usa-september-1974/

juana_vaina
01-11-2014, 06:15 AM
Here's a bigger version of the 1974 photo, for the curious:

http://glennfreyonline.com/images/GFrey1974plane01.jpg

Because a compelling reason, I have to eat my own words. My apologies. A really talented man. OLÉ, OLÉ Y OLÉ Glenn.

Thirsty&Hot
01-11-2014, 06:59 PM
haha i never noticed that "illusion" before springbo asked...
but yes just the magazine corner curled up

VAisForEagleLovers
01-25-2014, 04:26 PM
Glenn gets a mention.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ruthblatt/2014/01/17/what-musicians-teach-us-about-the-challenges-of-being-your-own-boss/?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_campaign=hootsuite

Browne had a routine that was as predictable as clockwork, and Frey did well by embracing it.

Ya think? :grin:

Thirsty&Hot
01-25-2014, 07:13 PM
Glenn gets a mention.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ruthblatt/2014/01/17/what-musicians-teach-us-about-the-challenges-of-being-your-own-boss/?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_campaign=hootsuite

Ya think? :grin:

Great read! thanks!

sodascouts
01-25-2014, 07:32 PM
Loved the Glenn mention and the article was interesting, too. I've been "self-employed" before as freelance editor while I was getting my PhD to supplement my income and pay for all those concert tickets, lol. It definitely has psychological effects.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-25-2014, 07:50 PM
nice mention for jb and gf

Houston Baby
01-25-2014, 09:57 PM
Very interesting read. Thanks VA!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-18-2014, 09:25 PM
A little something about Glenn...

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2014/02/18/forgotten-series-glenn-frey-and-the-mushrooms-such-a-lovely-childburned-1967/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=somethngelse

ETA: Please note that while several of us accessed this link with no problems, Dreamer got a warning that the site may be unsafe. Proceed at your own risk.

Elizasong
02-18-2014, 09:34 PM
Cool articles! Interesting to see an early Glenn band coming up in the press recently.

Elizasong
02-18-2014, 09:38 PM
I posted (or re-posted if it has been already) The you tube of The Mushrooms. It doesn't even sound like Glenn.

Freypower
02-18-2014, 09:44 PM
I posted (or re-posted if it has been already) The you tube of The Mushrooms. It doesn't even sound like Glenn.

Such A Lovely Child doesn't sound like him because he is trying to sing in a cringeworthy British accent. Burned does sound like him.

However, on listening to SALC for the first time in ages, it isn't that bad.

02-18-2014, 10:01 PM
Hmm - I clicked on the link several times and my anti-virus software keeps giving me a warning that the website has been reported as unsafe. Anyone else having a problem with it?

VAisForEagleLovers
02-18-2014, 10:05 PM
Unsafe? That's all it says? No details?

Freypower
02-18-2014, 10:08 PM
Hmm - I clicked on the link several times and my anti-virus software keeps giving me a warning that the website has been reported as unsafe. Anyone else having a problem with it?

No, I got it first time.

02-18-2014, 10:12 PM
Here's what it says ...

This website has been reported as unsafe.

We recommend that you don't continue to this website because it is reported to contain the following threats:

Suspicious threat:

This is a suspicious site. There is a higher than average probability that you will be exposed to malicious links or payloads.

Anyway, I guess I'm not going there.