PDA

View Full Version : Fleetwood Mac

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

zeldabjr
06-06-2013, 01:29 AM
go good to hear that you loved it HB...hope you find Nancy...we don't want her lost...lol...can't wait to hear more!

Prettymaid
06-06-2013, 08:27 AM
We want more. :hilarious:

Brooke
06-06-2013, 09:35 AM
I saw LBT do The Chain too on the CMT awards last night and thought they did great! Keith Urban came in on guitar too a little later in the song. Love their harmonies!

EaglesKiwi
06-16-2013, 04:45 AM
Fleetwood Mac have added a second show to Auckland, announced 6 days before the general sale started...

Within 15 minutes of general sale opening, BOTH shows were sold out!

There are some very unhappy people... glad I got my tickets thru the amex presale.

EaglesKiwi
07-01-2013, 05:44 AM
There's now going to be a third Auckland show. Hopefully the scalpers get burned... and the genuine fans get to see them!

Prettymaid
07-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Wow! Three shows! NZ loves The Mac!

sad-cafe
07-06-2013, 12:21 AM
I saw LBT do The Chain too on the CMT awards last night and thought they did great! Keith Urban came in on guitar too a little later in the song. Love their harmonies!

that was fantastic. I tried to DVR it so I could see it again and I didn't do it right.

SteveJoburg
07-11-2013, 07:12 AM
Downloaded the new Fleetwood Mac EP from iTunes on Soda's recommendation... Superb. Classic FM.

Hope a full length release will follow? :)

prayfordaylight
07-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Downloaded the new Fleetwood Mac EP from iTunes on Soda's recommendation... Superb. Classic FM.

Hope a full length release will follow? :)

I wish it would but making Say You Will damn near killed them. I'll take whatever I can get though!

WalshFan88
07-12-2013, 11:30 AM
A friend of my mom's has an acoustic duo that plays around the area - I just got a call from her that they want me to come play Lindsey's electric parts on Gold Dust Woman next weekend at their show... Love that song. I love playing it. They heard me play it at Ausfest and of course she sang it at Ausfest and so now they want me to come play it.

sodascouts
07-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Congrats! Have fun with it!

WalshFan88
07-12-2013, 11:48 AM
Thanks!

It's a fun one to play. Strat (what Lindsey used in the studio), slapback echo, and some compression. Really fun and really simple rig to play it.

Houston Baby
07-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Awesome Austin!!! That is so cool! Sounds like you will have lots of fun!!:guitar:

Brooke
07-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Good for you WF! Have fun!

Prettymaid
07-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Love GDW!

sodascouts
07-31-2013, 10:44 PM
Fleetwood Mac is playing the MGM Grand on Dec 30.

Hmmm.... this sounds familiar.....

The joys of having your two favorite bands managed by the same person, lol.

Prettymaid
08-01-2013, 08:28 AM
I guess it's the place to play at year's end!

secret squirrel
09-06-2013, 01:00 PM
So, have tickets for Fleetwood Mac at the 02 in London this month and just read this:

BBC Radio 2 host Johnnie Walker, who says he talked to McVie last week, reports (http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/fleetwood-mac-christine-mcvie-ready-to-play-again/), “I did put the question, ‘Christine, is there any likelihood you might join Fleetwood Mac on the U.K. shows?’ She said, ‘If they ask me, I’d play.’”

My Dad is going to be stoked as we got him a ticket too. It'd be fantastic if she joined them.

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/schmitten-part-two-sweet-talking-guy_25.html

Ive always been a dreamer
09-06-2013, 01:22 PM
WOW! What a treat that would be to see Christine join the band back on stage. I can't even imagine how exciting that would be!

Prettymaid
09-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Yes, I saw this on FB (thanks Willie) and I was thrilled, as I have never liked the idea of FM without Christine. I hope they ask her and I hope she does it.

WalshFan88
09-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Christine is great and I hope they do that.

That said, my fav is still Stevie. I wish I could have saw them in Chicago but it just wasn't possible. :(

Brooke
09-06-2013, 03:28 PM
I'm surprised she has now decided that she might join them after quitting years ago.

I saw them in Chicago without her and they were still amazing! I like some of her songs, but prefer Stevie's and Lindsey's.

sodascouts
09-07-2013, 04:42 PM
If we could get a confirmation that Christine was going to play at a certain date, I would seriously consider flying out there. This is EPIC!!!!!!

Prettymaid
09-07-2013, 04:45 PM
How many years has she been gone?

sodascouts
09-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Fifteen. She left before I became a hardcore, so I've never seen her live.

Prettymaid
09-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Wow. I was guessing 10-12.

I've not read much, but it's my understanding that she left because she hated flying and also suffered from stage fright, but when you watch her on The Dance DVD she seems so comfortable.

sodascouts
09-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Yeah. Honestly, I think there must be more to it than that, but I'm thrilled things appear to be changing for the better!

Freypower
09-07-2013, 05:52 PM
I had no idea she left them so long ago, around the time my daughter was born. I had always assumed you had seen her live as you are such a fan.

secret squirrel
09-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Well, basically, I don't think they could tour as Fleetwood Mac without Stevie or Lindsey because they're so crucial and I certainly wouldn't buy a ticket for a line-up that didn't include them but it would be amazing to have Christine back too ...

Nothing's confirmed and the shows will soon be upon us. Just hoping.

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/schmitten-part-two-sweet-talking-guy_25.html

sodascouts
09-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Just heard the news, saw the photo, saw the video....

Christine McVie played on a song with them tonight during the encore - Don't Stop. This is a truly historic moment - her first time on stage with them since 1998! I wish I could have been there to see it... I'm really emotional about it. I have never gotten to see her but just knowing that tonight, the five of them were once more together - and seeing the video - it's incredible. If only she would tour with them!

SS... Were you there tonight????

Prettymaid
09-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Just heard the news, saw the photo, saw the video....

Christine McVie played on a song with them tonight during the encore - Don't Stop. This is a truly historic moment - her first time on stage with them since 1998! I wish I could have been there to see it... I'm really emotional about it. I have never gotten to see her but just knowing that tonight, the five of them were once more together - and seeing the video - it's incredible. If only she would tour with them!

SS... Were you there tonight????

Is the video on YouTube??

09-25-2013, 09:25 PM
WOW! That is absolutely awesome. It would have been truly incredible to have seen that!

sodascouts
09-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Is the video on YouTube??

Yes, thank God!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bmHQ_7x_tg

Houston Baby
09-25-2013, 11:37 PM
Unbelievable!!! I cannot even imagine what kind of thrill that was for the fans there. I am so happy even though I was not there. And I am sure there was many a tear in eyes cause I know I would have had them. Here's hoping that this is the beginning of a new chapter for them.

Prettymaid
09-26-2013, 12:46 AM
I got a little emotional myself watching that. Obviously it would have been nice to have a front view, but it was still great. What made me emotional was hearing the crowd cheer for her. Maybe she'll do this at more shows. (Keep your fingers crossed, SS!)

shunlvswx
09-26-2013, 07:54 AM
Christine still sounds great. I miss her in the group. I've never seen Fleetwood Mac in concert and I would had loved to be there.

When they sang together, it was like she never left. She just picked up where she left off. Wow. Its been 15 years since she retired.

secret squirrel
09-26-2013, 09:42 AM
I'm going on Friday and apparently she's only going to join them for one more night. But see below:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/christine-mcvie-fleetwood-mac-reunion-2/

They seem to think I might be lucky. Fingers crossed!

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/some-called-it-country-some-called-it.html

prayfordaylight
09-26-2013, 10:27 AM
I got a little emotional myself watching that. Obviously it would have been nice to have a front view

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNFepYJ7rmk

I was totally crying over it last night and I was lucky enough to see her with FM before her retirement.

shunlvswx
09-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Here's another story on their reunion. That's cool that she will do two shows.

Well Stevie. Never say never.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/christine-mcvie-joins-fleetwood-mac-on-dont-stop-20130926

Prettymaid
09-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Thanks PFD!

09-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Oh wow, ss! We will certainly have our fingers and toes and everything else that we can cross for you to be able to see her tomorrow night. You will be very lucky indeed if that happens.

Brooke
09-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Thanks for both views guys! :thumbsup:

Wow! I'm actually tearing up myself! Looks like a wonderful moment for all of them!

Christine looks absolutely amazing for her age!

Good luck ss!

secret squirrel
09-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Thanks, everyone!

That would really make it for me! Never seen the Mac before.

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/some-called-it-country-some-called-it.html

secret squirrel
09-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Who says wishing and hoping doesn't work? Thanks, everyone. No pix from me I'm afraid as my camera's faulty at the mo. My friend took some but they didn't turn out that great.

Christine came on and sang Don't Stop! Brilliant. But it only makes you wish she would do Songbird too. Great gig. Three of us went but our tickets were all separate so didn't sit together. Didn't matter.

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013...called-it.html (http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/some-called-it-country-some-called-it.html)

Prettymaid
09-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Yay! You got to see history in the making!

09-29-2013, 12:33 PM
Wow ss - how lucky you are to have been able to see Christine perform. I know lots of people (including a few here :wink: :wink: ) that would have given away body parts to have seen that. I'm not even a hardcore and I would have loved to have been there. What a memorable experience for you. :yay:

sodascouts
09-29-2013, 03:02 PM
How incredible! You are so lucky! What a privilege to be able to witness such a moment!

secret squirrel
09-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Wow ss - how lucky you are to have been able to see Christine perform. I know lots of people (including a few here :wink: :wink: ) that would have given away body parts to have seen that. I'm not even a hardcore and I would have loved to have been there. What a memorable experience for you. :yay:
Yeah. You know it's one of those moments. First of all, I have to keep telling myself 'You're watching Fleetwood Mac! Live!' Then, even though Stevie had said Christine was there and dedicated Landslide to her, I didn't dare hope too much but then they brought on a little keyboard for her and we all knew it was really going to happen. Amazing!

SS
xx

TimothyBFan
10-03-2013, 08:28 AM
I had really wished that a couple of our very avid FM fans had been able to see this. What a wonderful moment for any true FM fan this was, rather you were there or not.

secret squirrel
10-03-2013, 11:41 AM
There were certainly people there I wondered about. I wondered why they spent £140 to come and talk ever more loudly all the way through one of Stevie's intros (the man next to me turned round and told them to shut up) or the same group yelling at Lindsey to 'Get on with it!' I think they'd just had too much to drink.

Or someone we know who admitted they didn't really know who Christine McVie was ...? So why are you going to see Fleetwood Mac?

On the whole, the crowd was great and respectful but there are always pockets of people who want to compete with whoever's on stage. Go have your own concert if that's the case.

SS
xx

10-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Yeah ss - I truly scratch my head about people who spend megabucks to see a concert that they don't bother watching - same thing happens at sporting events too. Go figure! :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:

secret squirrel
10-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Yeah ss - I truly scratch my head about people who spend megabucks to see a concert that they don't bother watching - same thing happens at sporting events too. Go figure! :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:

Going to a gig soon and actually dreading what the audience might be like as most of the live stuff on YT has had raucous crowd members shouting/singing along. I've experienced this before and it's ruined the gig for me. I suppose it's worse when they're just shouting a random conversation over the music though.

SS
xx

prayfordaylight
10-08-2013, 03:21 PM
I suppose it's worse when they're just shouting a random conversation over the music though.

SS
xx

Ugh. That's the worst. I was at a show Saturday night where that kept happening and they only got the clue after I had shot them a death stare 4 or 5 times. I understand there were 2 very different groups playing but some of us were there for the other band!

secret squirrel
10-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Ugh. That's the worst. I was at a show Saturday night where that kept happening and they only got the clue after I had shot them a death stare 4 or 5 times. I understand there were 2 very different groups playing but some of us were there for the other band!

Sometimes, in smaller venues, the artist themselves will get involved. Jackie Leven and Grant Hart have both taken issue with idiots in the audience if they're just talking but when they're singing along, it's more difficult because they're showing their appreciation in a way but without any consideration for other people in the audience ...

SS
xx

Prettymaid
10-27-2013, 08:39 AM
Fleetwood Mac is having to cancel Australian tour dates so that John McVie can undergo cancer treatment.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/music/fleetwood-mac-calls-off-australian-tour/story-fni0bvjn-1226747836397

I wish John the best.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-27-2013, 09:23 AM
sorry hear this. prayers for a speedy recovery :angel:

sodascouts
10-27-2013, 02:42 PM
I just spent a couple hours trying to find out more about this. One media outlet said the "prognosis was good" but that's not been confirmed. Still, I'll cling to it.

PRAYERS FOR JOHN MCVIE!!!

Freypower
10-27-2013, 06:58 PM
I was going to ask you about this when hubby told me about it. I'm glad I saw them on their previous tour here, because I wasn't going to this. Wishing him a full & speedy recovery.

WalshFan88
10-27-2013, 07:46 PM
Get Well John.

Houston Baby
10-27-2013, 07:52 PM
Positive thoughts & prayers for John Mc. Seeing them this past summer was a dream come true for me. It is one of my Top 10 concert experiences and it was so much fun sharing it with Sodascouts (FM expert & hardcore fan!)

10-27-2013, 10:56 PM
WOW - What a shocker. This is soooooo sad to hear. I know all of us are wishing John a full and speedy recovery and hope that he and Fleetwood Mac are back full speed in the near future.

GET WELL SOON JOHN!!!

sad-cafe
10-27-2013, 11:53 PM
what horrible news.

so sad and my prayers have been said.

Topkat
10-28-2013, 07:12 AM
Very sad to hear this news

TimothyBFan
10-28-2013, 08:01 AM
Hoping for only the best for John!!

Brooke
10-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Very sad news and I wish him all the best.

I got to see them for the first time in April and it was awesome!

EaglesKiwi
11-23-2013, 02:26 AM
I too am sending prayers for John and his family, wishing him a speedy and fully recovery. I DID have tickets to the concert, and am heartbroken not to see them, but of course John's wellbeing is more important.

Sickness SUCKS. :-(

zeldabjr
11-23-2013, 04:38 AM
such awful news to hear...sending prayers John's way!

Brooke
11-25-2013, 10:46 AM
I've been hearing a guitar part of 'Never Going Back Again' on the recent Bank of America commercial on tv! Thought I should report!

secret squirrel
11-25-2013, 04:41 PM
More hopeful news for the band and fans:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/christine-mcvie-wants-to-rejoin-fleetwood-mac/

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/poco-versus-eagles-to-every-thing-there.html

WalshFan88
11-28-2013, 01:01 PM
It would be great for Christine to tour with the Mac again! I'm a Stevie Nicks diehard but I love her songs too (my favorite is probably You Make Loving Fun or Say You Love Me). I hope John gets well soon.

sodascouts
11-29-2013, 01:49 AM
The good news about John McVie and Christine making noises about coming back have me in high spirits regarding my Mac fandom. Hoping for the best!

EaglesKiwi
12-27-2013, 02:28 AM
The good news about John McVie and Christine making noises about coming back have me in high spirits regarding my Mac fandom. Hoping for the best!

Me too!!! I am very hopeful. :spin::spin:

sodascouts
12-29-2013, 02:35 AM
My gosh, Christine has written new songs and sent them to Lindsey... a new album with the magic five members.... could this really happen?!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-2529544/Fleetwood-Mac-You-make-fighting-fun-OK-Lindsey-Buckingham-admits-I-did-kick-Stevie-Nicks-Fleetwood-Mac-settling-old-scores.html

12-29-2013, 05:47 PM
That is awesome! If Christine does join them on tour, I am definitely going to see a show. Hell - I'll even sacrifice one less Eagles show to see this! :thumbsup:

prayfordaylight
12-30-2013, 09:08 AM
My gosh, Christine has written new songs and sent them to Lindsey... a new album with the magic five members.... could this really happen?!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-2529544/Fleetwood-Mac-You-make-fighting-fun-OK-Lindsey-Buckingham-admits-I-did-kick-Stevie-Nicks-Fleetwood-Mac-settling-old-scores.html

I mean, I always take Daily Fail stories with a grain of salt but IRJ#)@#*(TJNEOGNEGHHOJ@R)E*(U#! (Sorry, freaking out a bit)

Brooke
12-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Wow, very exciting news!

luna65
12-30-2013, 03:23 PM
Nice revelation to save for the last!
I hope this happens, and with a minimum of alacrity, considering that Stevie has said she wasn't happy during the making of Say You Will. Having Christine there would probably make things easier for her.

Henley Honey
12-31-2013, 08:35 PM
That is awesome! If Christine does join them on tour, I am definitely going to see a show. Hell - I'll even sacrifice one less Eagles show to see this! :thumbsup:

Whaaaatttt??? Sacrilege!!

randysgirl
12-31-2013, 09:12 PM

I am hoping for a reunion CD from them like they did in 1998. They are my other favorite band next to the Eagles. I was glad to hear Christine wants to come back. All of them back together would be great. Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles are the soundtrack of my life.

sodascouts
01-12-2014, 02:12 PM
Ok folks - Mick has officially announced it at a show in Maui - Christine is back in Fleetwood Mac!!!!! I cannot begin to say how excited I am by this!!!!!!

Tiffanny Twisted
01-12-2014, 02:13 PM
whoo hoo nancy :grin::cheers::bow::grooving:

Houston Baby
01-12-2014, 03:38 PM
Ok folks - Mick has officially announced it at a show in Maui - [b]Christine is back in Fleetwood Mac!] I cannot begin to say how excited I am by this!!!!!!

OMG! How awesome!

Don't beat me up when we are in LA HH :rofl:but I would sacrifice an Eagles concert to see all of FM back together! My heart still belongs to our guys but Christine back with FM - unbelievable! ,

shunlvswx
01-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Here's a small article announcing Christine is back. I would love Fleetwood Mac in concert. The closest they were to me was the New Orleans Jazz Festival last year.

Welcome back, Christine!!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/christine-mcvie-fleetwood-mac/

secret squirrel
01-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Confirmation that Christine will be rejoining them and good news that John is back:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/christine-mcvie-fleetwood-mac/

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/ (http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/grant-hart-live-milton-sputnik.html)

sodascouts
01-26-2014, 01:10 AM
Mick just told a reporter from a Maui newspaper that the band is putting off touring until the fall because in March, they are going to START RECORDING NEW MUSIC!!!!

Oh my gosh! I hope this materializes and it isn't just Mick talking big!

Houston Baby
01-26-2014, 01:23 AM
Sure hope this is true! :yay::yay::yay:

Brooklyn Roads
02-24-2014, 04:31 PM
I would love to see Fleetwood Mac in concert again with Christine back. Their last concert omitted several of Mac's big hits because she was not there. I hope they come around my neck of the woods again!

prayfordaylight
03-26-2014, 08:18 AM
It's a tiny photo but it's real!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_Pt0oaY4yLQ/UzHtiCoUqOI/AAAAAAAAnbs/fuhrN6aLSqA/s1600/Fleetwood+Mac+2014+Tour+Photo.jpg

There's talk of them being on the Today Show tomorrow as well.

Houston Baby
03-26-2014, 10:10 AM
:yay: OMG!!! I am SO excited!!! And I can't wait for the announcement!

Brooke
03-26-2014, 10:13 AM
They all look fantastic!

sodascouts
03-26-2014, 11:59 PM
Just heard - they'll be on the Today show at 8:15 am making their tour announcement with Christine! I guess that's Eastern time? I'll have to DVR it.

Can't wait!!!!!!!!

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014/03/carsondaly-will-interview-fleetwood-mac.html

Brooke
03-27-2014, 09:32 AM
When the show came on this morning Matt asked everyone what their favorite FM song was!

Savannah-Rhiannon
Al-Silver Springs
Natalie-Landslide

Didn't catch what Matt said! They were playing Go Your Own Way and all were excited about the news!

prayfordaylight
03-27-2014, 09:39 AM
Still freaking out right now.

TOUR DATES: http://www.fleetwoodmac.com/events

Definitely doing Newark, Philly, DC and Hartford.

Maybe Columbus.

Outside chance of Ft. Lauderdale or Tampa.

WalshFan88
03-27-2014, 10:16 AM
Totally doing Chicago!!!!

Tiffanny Twisted
03-27-2014, 10:31 PM
Very happy for all you mac fans :thumbsup:

sodascouts
03-28-2014, 12:18 AM
SO EXCITED!

I'm definitely doing Minneapolis (opening night) and Atlanta. I want to do Chicago but I'll have to figure out how to get the time off work. I also might consider the Florida dates, as those are after the summer ends and I have family in Florida.

I'd better decide quickly, though... presales start Monday!

EaglesKiwi
03-28-2014, 01:17 AM
Fantastic news, here's hoping they make it down under too!

I can't wait to read some reviews. :thumbsup:

secret squirrel
03-28-2014, 07:23 AM
Confirmation from UCR:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleetwood-mac-christine-mcvie-2014-tour/

Wow!

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/opinion8-must-see-tv.html

Houston Baby
03-30-2014, 01:48 PM
The local classic radio station is giving away tickets this weekend for the 12/15 Houston Mac concert whenever they play a Mac song. Which means lots of Mac songs this weekend!!! :thumbsup:

prayfordaylight
03-31-2014, 11:13 AM
Got seats for my three shows this morning (Newark, DC and Hartford. Couldn't swing Philly on a weeknight). Now comes the (impossible) six month wait until the tour starts!

Houston Baby
03-31-2014, 11:16 AM
Got my tix for Houston! :partytime:

prayfordaylight
03-31-2014, 11:43 AM
Got my tix for Houston! :partytime:

Woohoo!

sodascouts
03-31-2014, 12:13 PM
Got mine for Minneapolis! It's fourth row but if it's like past years, I'll be able to run to the stage and have the real "first row."

How I wish the eagles were into that like they used to be!

prayfordaylight
03-31-2014, 12:26 PM
Got mine for Minneapolis! It's fourth row but if it's like past years, I'll be able to run to the stage and have the real "first row."

How I wish the eagles were into that like they used to be!

We're in Row S for the DC show but still planning on trying to run. We'll just inch closer and closer as showtime approaches. Front row for Hartford though so no running necessary - just might scooch over to Christine's side.

sodascouts
03-31-2014, 01:04 PM
Good luck! I've successfully gotten to the stage from that far back. It was in Houston, as HB can attest, lol. You can do it! Wootean power! ;)

Houston Baby
03-31-2014, 03:24 PM
Good luck! I've successfully gotten to the stage from that far back. It was in Houston, as HB can attest, lol. You can do it! Wootean power! ;)

Yes, I didn't believe she could do it from that far back but she did!! :hilarious: Soda has lots of tricks up her sleeve! I had a front row seat from the section right above the floor which is what I got this time too.

I'm hoping for some more dates so I might try and go for a meet & greet.

Glennhoney
03-31-2014, 08:52 PM
We're heading to Boston in October BUT I don't have any dates yet...I'm hoping I'll be able to get some kind of tickets for their show...I've decided it doesn't matter where we sit...just a chance to see Christine with the whole crew would be worth it, even sitting in the nosebleed section....:brickwall:

WalshFan88
03-31-2014, 09:44 PM
Got 6th row Floor 3 (stage left/Lindsey's side) for Chicago. :partytime:

Houston Baby
03-31-2014, 11:12 PM

I know you will love that Austin! :thumbsup:

Houston Baby
03-31-2014, 11:16 PM
We're heading to Boston in October BUT I don't have any dates yet...I'm hoping I'll be able to get some kind of tickets for their show...I've decided it doesn't matter where we sit...just a chance to see Christine with the whole crew would be worth it, even sitting in the nosebleed section....:brickwall:

I totally agree GH! I would sit anywhere just to be there.

Houston Baby
03-31-2014, 11:18 PM
Got seats for my three shows this morning (Newark, DC and Hartford. Couldn't swing Philly on a weeknight). Now comes the (impossible) six month wait until the tour starts!

Awesome PFD! I wish I was going to 3 shows!

prayfordaylight
04-01-2014, 09:38 AM

Nice work!

prayfordaylight
04-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Awesome PFD! I wish I was going to 3 shows!

It's all because of Christine...and convenient scheduling (they're all on weekends). I considered more shows but cut it down to three LOL. Here's hoping for some good dates after New Years.

sodascouts
04-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Congrats on the tickets, guys!

WalshFan88
04-01-2014, 04:18 PM
Thanks!

I was happy with the tickets.

I would have preferred being front row directly in front of a certain band member (not saying who! :nahnah:) but hey 6th row in front of Lindsey playing guitar isn't bad either. ;)

Houston Baby
04-03-2014, 10:56 PM
I heard "Landslide" on the way home tonight. Man it is going to seem like FOREVER until December!

deb828
04-04-2014, 06:27 PM
Do you recommend buying tix at the pre-sale or waiting for the general public sale? I have looked at the AMEX presale, Facebook and Live Nation, but nothing great is coming up. I did better for the Eagles at the public sale.

sodascouts
04-04-2014, 06:29 PM
The presales, as a rule, are CRAP.

I'm waiting for the general sale, and I recommend you do as well. Even if you don't get the best seats in the house, you'll probably do better than the back of the floor or the back of the lower bowl like the pre-sales are offering.

deb828
04-04-2014, 06:31 PM
The presales, as a rule, are CRAP.

I'm waiting for the general sale, and I recommend you do as well. Even if you don't get the best seats in the house, you'll probably do better than the back of the floor or the back of the lower bowl like the pre-sales are offering.Thank you so much Soda! I thought the tix looked bad, but I am at work at 10 am on Monday, so will have to take my chances later in the afternoon.

sodascouts
04-04-2014, 07:14 PM
What sucks for me is that I'm teaching when the Atlanta general sale starts. I won't be able to access TM until class ends at 9:50. :(

I'm hoping for more dates to be announced.

deb828
04-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Yes, that sucks--I can't try for Columbus until 1pm.

randysgirl
04-04-2014, 10:03 PM
I am so glad that Fleetwood Mac is truly back together with Christine and John both being included. I love Stevie's solo music also.

I remembered reading that Stevie dated Don Henley. To me, he looked similar to Lindsey Buckingham, especially when they both had the curly hair. Maybe that is her type.

WalshFan88
04-04-2014, 10:46 PM
Tix came today!

Seat 14, Floor Section C, Row 6.

sodascouts
04-05-2014, 02:14 AM
Excellent!

prayfordaylight
04-07-2014, 10:38 AM
Here's hoping you guys did okay in the sales today.

I was hoping to improve my seats for one show (I'm in Row 19 on the floor) but I can't even get anything in the front half of the arena to come up. I'm not desperate to change my tickets, I just wanted to be a little closer. I'll have to see if there's a drop later.

sodascouts
04-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Nothing but the back of the floor, if that, for Atlanta and Chicago in the general sales today. I'll wait and see what pops up later.

deb828
04-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Nothing great popped up for Columbus by 1pm. I thought the prices were very high for the tickets left. I ended up going with level 2 because I did not see anything worth paying the level 1 price. But at least we are going :grooving:

Tiffanny Twisted
04-09-2014, 09:31 AM
ok folks email just popped up for me
second show is added in Philly for the mac

10 29 2014

prayfordaylight
04-09-2014, 11:04 AM
ok folks email just popped up for me
second show is added in Philly for the mac

10 29 2014

They also added 2nd shows in NYC, Boston and LA. Presales started yesterday.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-09-2014, 01:23 PM
well pfd..
not all of us do amex presales.
mine are coming from live nation and from the venue itself with presale codes for tomorrow morning at 10 starting
not all of us have amex so maybe some could use the info

prayfordaylight
04-09-2014, 02:58 PM
well pfd..
not all of us do amex presales.
mine are coming from live nation and from the venue itself with presale codes for tomorrow morning at 10 starting
not all of us have amex so maybe some could use the info

Was just trying to let people know about the other cities adding extra dates and that tickets are already on sale for some so they need to prepare to act quickly.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-09-2014, 06:40 PM
great idea :headbang:
some radio stations in the philly area are giving away tickets too.

I got pre sale codes from Live nation and wells fargo

Glennhoney
04-15-2014, 05:28 PM
Got tickets for October 25th in Boston...they added an extra date...:razz:

sodascouts
04-15-2014, 08:52 PM
yay! You'll love it!

Houston Baby
04-15-2014, 11:16 PM
Way to go GH!!! :headbang:

prayfordaylight
04-16-2014, 08:32 AM
Got tickets for October 25th in Boston...they added an extra date...:razz:

Woohoo!

carol7lynn
04-16-2014, 09:07 AM
They dropped a few VIP tickets for two L.A. shows this morning-Nov. 29th (2 seats) and Dec. 6th (6 seats).

Be warned they are off-sides on Lindsey's side section D but they they are on the outside aisle giving you stage access if that's what you're looking for.

Just checked and they also released 5 VIP tickets for San Diego (Dec. 3rd)-section BBB-row 2. Much better seats for the price. One is almost dead center and one of the others is one from the aisle-Lindsey's side.

Good Luck!

sodascouts
04-16-2014, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the heads up, C-L!

prayfordaylight
04-17-2014, 08:28 AM
Passwords for this morning's presale for Chicago (2nd show on 10/3):

Live Nation: PRIORITY
Facebook: MAC
Venue/Radio Password: LANDSLIDE

Starts: Thursday, 04/17/14 10:00 AM CDT
Ends: Sun, 04/20/14 10:00 PM CDT

Brooke
04-17-2014, 10:41 AM
Thanks pfd! I'm going to check them out!

Brooke
04-17-2014, 11:13 AM
No luck! High demand! :sad:

Guess I will try again the 21st.

Brooke
04-21-2014, 01:13 PM
Tried again and no luck. I was online TM on two browsers and the best seats I could get were in the back lower bowl or extreme side which would have been nearly behind the stage. Then after several attempts I got 'high demand' no seats available again. :sad:

MaryCalifornia
04-21-2014, 02:16 PM
I for one would not be opposed to creating separate concert date threads for Fleetwood Mac here in Singing for the Sake of the Song - only for the shows that Borderers will attend. I really want to hear everyone's reports, and there seems to be enough interest from Borderers in general for FM, and enough going to shows, to warrant it. Just a suggestion.

Freypower
04-21-2014, 06:11 PM
I for one would not be opposed to creating separate concert date threads for Fleetwood Mac here in Singing for the Sake of the Song - only for the shows that Borderers will attend. I really want to hear everyone's reports, and there seems to be enough interest from Borderers in general for FM, and enough going to shows, to warrant it. Just a suggestion.

That is up to Soda, but this is primarily an Eagles board. In my view it would be preferable for people to post their FM concert reviews in the dedicated FM thread. If we created separate concert threads for FM we would also have to do it for Jackson Browne & other artists that several Borderers go to see at the same time.

Prettymaid
04-21-2014, 06:55 PM
... Jackson Browne.

:inlove:

Oops! Sorry! That little smiley seems to pop up anytime
I read his name! :mrgreen:

MaryCalifornia
04-21-2014, 08:40 PM
Yeah, that's fine, I understand. I just don't want to miss any reviews or experiences. I guess they'll easy enough to find in the FP thread.

prayfordaylight
04-22-2014, 08:05 AM
A master post of who is going to which show would help.

sodascouts
04-24-2014, 12:40 AM
I like the idea of a master post. I guess it would just be one in here?

Freypower
04-24-2014, 12:50 AM
I will tell you the idea I had which was to have a Sticky topic in Singing for the Sake of the Song which could list upcoming non-Eagles shows Borderers will be attending. You could include the FM & Jackson Browne dates & even my Rolling Stones date in November. You could update it when new dates are added the way you update the What's My Name thread. This would mean people posting in the Sticky thread as well as/instead of the relevant artist's thread. But if you think that's too complicated you could just do one for FM.

sodascouts
04-24-2014, 11:38 PM
Hmm. Well, we could try it!

Houston Baby
04-29-2014, 12:58 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/q-a-christine-mcvie-cant-wait-for-fleetwood-mac-world-tour-20140327

This is a fantastic interview with Christine! I don't think it has been posted here. I am so excited about this tour!!! :partytime:

Brooke
04-29-2014, 01:44 PM
Great interview! She sounds so happy to be back with them! Good for her!

Thanks HB!

sodascouts
04-29-2014, 05:27 PM
I can't freaking wait! But I'm in anguish about getting seats. Right now I only have a ticket for ONE SHOW - unacceptable!!!! I want to go to Atlanta but I'm worried I'll have to buy a broker ticket and unfortunately I blew most of my concert funds on our guys. I knew I should have saved up more money for Fleetwood Mac!

I'm hoping that they'll announce more dates, and I'm working some extra jobs this summer to replenish the concert fund. I gotta see more Mac! I mean, they've got CHRISTINE!!!

prayfordaylight
04-30-2014, 08:23 AM
I did the opposite. I wavered on even going to one Eagles show this year because I said almost a year ago that if Christine comes back, all my concert funds are going towards that. It's KILLING me I can't go to Minneapolis (I just can't run off in the middle of the week). I can't complain with the 3 shows I've got planned though and hopefully more in the spring (please Charlotte or VA Beach!).

deb828
04-30-2014, 10:50 AM
Loved the interview posted above. I have never seen Fleetwood Mac, and it has been a long time since I listened to them. But I am so excited about seeing them in October! Here's my question: there are so many FM albums, and I only own Greatest Hits,Behind the Mask and Tango in the Night. Anybody recommend the best CD's to buy so that I can be ready to enjoy the concert? I do find that I enjoy concerts more if I know most of the songs. Thank you for any suggestions!

prayfordaylight
04-30-2014, 11:43 AM
Loved the interview posted above. I have never seen Fleetwood Mac, and it has been a long time since I listened to them. But I am so excited about seeing them in October! Here's my question: there are so many FM albums, and I only own Greatest Hits,Behind the Mask and Tango in the Night. Anybody recommend the best CD's to buy so that I can be ready to enjoy the concert? I do find that I enjoy concerts more if I know most of the songs. Thank you for any suggestions!

At the very least, you should get a copy of Rumours or barring that, The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac is a great overall compilation.

Brooke
04-30-2014, 01:10 PM
Rumours is my favorite, but love Fleetwood Mac, the album, too!

deb828
04-30-2014, 01:24 PM
Thank you both! Have placed both of these on my library request list. Now that I see the covers, I think I may have had them in another format, maybe cassette/vinyl. (Back in the day, haha) I appreciate your help!

Houston Baby
04-30-2014, 03:24 PM
I have been listening to The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac all day today! :nod:

04-30-2014, 09:04 PM
At the very least, you should get a copy of Rumours or barring that, The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac is a great overall compilation.

Totally agree with your recommendations, pfd. I'm going to the D.C. show and I'll also be a FM virgin! Hard to believe I've never seen them. It's been on my bucket list for a long time, but with Christine back, it's moved off the bucket list onto the 'Must do' list. :thumbsup:

I'm off to read Christine's interview now.

sodascouts
04-30-2014, 09:51 PM
When I was first becoming a fan, after The Greatest Hits the albums I bought were the The Dance, Rumours and the eponymous album Fleetwood Mac (1975).

I believe Rumours to be the best album ever made.

deb828
05-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Thanks!

Brooke
05-02-2014, 01:56 PM
New interview with Christine and Lindsey!

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-cm-fleetwood-mac-20140502,0,3614909.story#axzz30ZkqFCVm

This little line kind of bothered me a bit, but sounds like all is going well with them!

"Helping McVie write songs, Buckingham said to her, "is something you always wanted me to do for you, which was not necessarily the case with Stevie. She's a little more complicated in her needs."

:eyebrow: :lol:

prayfordaylight
05-02-2014, 02:52 PM
It bugged me too. I think "Collaborating with McVie on songs" and "do WITH you" would've gone over a lot better. CMV doesn't need Lindsey's help writing seeing as how she's written the vast majority of the band's hits!

sodascouts
05-03-2014, 11:39 AM
In addition to the Christine statement, his statement about Stevie is fueling a mentality among some Fleetwood Mac fans that she's not engaged and is holding up the process. There are some fans furiously condemning her, although we have no hard evidence that this is the case. I for one believe that she will do her part, and we will have a terrific new Fleetwood Mac album!

carol7lynn
05-03-2014, 05:38 PM
It bugged me too. I think "Collaborating with McVie on songs" and "do WITH you" would've gone over a lot better. CMV doesn't need Lindsey's help writing seeing as how she's written the vast majority of the band's hits!

Lindsey, to his credit, did describe their efforts as collaborative and only professed to "helping her write songs."

Here is the entire quote from the article as it appeared at least in the home edition of the L.A. Times:

"This was a great collaboration (to wit:"Too Far Gone") Buckingham said. "I had a track without any singing on it, and she wrote the song over it."

"We've been doing that quite a bit lately haven't we?" McVie said.

Helping McVie write songs, Buckingham said to her, "is something you always wanted me to do for you which was not necessarily the case with Stevie. She's a little more complicated in her needs."

Randy Lewis, the author of the L.A. Times article, also stated that "Lindsey leans forward and side by side, they listen to the playback of "Too Far Gone" a danceable new Fleetwood Mac song they've written together......"

Hope these facts allay your fears about Lindsey taking too much credit where none is due.

Carol-Lynn

prayfordaylight
05-05-2014, 09:05 AM
Lindsey, to his credit, did describe their efforts as collaborative and only professed to "helping her write songs."

Here is the entire quote from the article as it appeared at least in the home edition of the L.A. Times:

"This was a great collaboration (to wit:"Too Far Gone") Buckingham said. "I had a track without any singing on it, and she wrote the song over it."

"We've been doing that quite a bit lately haven't we?" McVie said.

Helping McVie write songs, Buckingham said to her, "is something you always wanted me to do for you which was not necessarily the case with Stevie. She's a little more complicated in her needs."

Randy Lewis, the author of the L.A. Times article, also stated that "Lindsey leans forward and side by side, they listen to the playback of "Too Far Gone" a danceable new Fleetwood Mac song they've written together......"

Hope these facts allay your fears about Lindsey taking too much credit where none is due.

Carol-Lynn

I was well aware of the full quote before I posted. I could write an essay on my opinions but I'll just leave it at Lindsey occasionally has an overhealthy ego when it comes to this department.

Brooke
05-05-2014, 02:30 PM
So, what is Stevie up to if not there helping out?

prayfordaylight
05-05-2014, 03:01 PM
She's recording solo stuff with Dave Stewart in Nashville.

deb828
05-24-2014, 05:09 PM
When I was first becoming a fan, after The Greatest Hits the albums I bought were the The Dance, Rumours and the eponymous album Fleetwood Mac (1975).

I believe Rumours to be the best album ever made.
I appreciate the recommendations--I now have gotten all of these from the library (and more). I just want to say that I am in love with The Dance. Wow! Really enjoying these "new to me" CD's.

secret squirrel
08-28-2014, 11:20 AM
The Mac feature in my latest pro-Eagles blog:

http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014...-backlash.html (http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/kick-em-when-theyre-up-backlash.html)

SS
xx

VAisForEagleLovers
09-27-2014, 06:00 PM
I hear that FW will be playing the fall concert series on the Today show on Thursday, 10/09/14.

Houston Baby
09-28-2014, 06:44 PM
Watch for Soda!

sodascouts
09-30-2014, 02:20 PM
Yes - it's happening over my October break. I'll be there!

Speaking of the Mac... just a few hours until I get to see them! Opening night - first time with Christine since 1998 -

SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!

WalshFan88
09-30-2014, 02:39 PM
Awesome!! Have fun.

Other than I just got diagnosed with a broken foot (metatarsal fracture), I'm looking forward to my concert on Thursday! lol I have a big compression boot to wear! I've been having pain since my birthday evening but xrays were clean, and I just now saw a specialist and got it xrayed again and sure enough, it's broken. No idea why the first one didn't catch it.

I'll still be there with my boot...can't miss this show!

prayfordaylight
09-30-2014, 03:05 PM
I'd say have fun Soda but I know you will. I've already expressed my extreme jealousy ;-) (I only have to wait 11 more days though)

Austin - heal quickly and well! I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago - radiologist said my foot xray was clean and then I went to a podiatrist who told me it was definitely broken.

MaryCalifornia
09-30-2014, 03:49 PM
Have a wonderful night, Nancy!!!!! It will be fabulous to see the whole gang back together and get to hear Christine sing with them again!:band:

Brooke
09-30-2014, 04:31 PM
Fantastic!

Have fun Soda! :partytime:

WalshFan88
10-03-2014, 01:26 AM
OMG.......Fleetwood Mac KILLED it tonight in Chicago. Top 2 concert for sure, the other being the Eagles HOTE show last year in St. Louis.

Seeing Stevie for the first time was out of this world. She's soooo beautiful and looked amazing tonight. And her voice is that of an angel....:heart: Lemme just say, I wish I was alive in the 70s... :heybaby:

Christine was AWESOME and you could tell she was truly joyed to be back with the band. Hearing You Make Loving Fun was a highlight for me, that's my favorite song of hers.

Lindsey blew my mind on the guitar!!! WOW. How he isn't in the top rock guitarists lists is beyond me. So melodic yet he can rock with the best of them. He was really energetic.

The band opened with The Chain and that was a great surprise. I didn't look at the setlist for this tour beforehand.

Here's a pic for now.....

http://i61.tinypic.com/vz7y8k.jpg

Houston Baby
10-03-2014, 07:44 AM
Awesome Austin! I can't wait till December when they are here in Houston!

prayfordaylight
10-03-2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the report Austin. I heard a little from Soda about Minneapolis as well.

I'm going crazy from the anticipation. 8 more days until my first show of the tour. AHHH!

Brooke
10-03-2014, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the thoughts, Austin! I knew you would be blown away by Lindsey for sure! Glad you saw a great show! Can't wait to hear more!

shunlvswx
10-03-2014, 01:08 PM
I watch some clips from the Minnesota show. They sounded great.

Fleetwood Mac is another band I would love to see in concert(and I can finally see Christine now she's back) along with the Eagles. One of these days I will see them. I heard they probably will put out a new album next year. So I will see what shows they will have for next year.

sodascouts
10-03-2014, 02:30 PM
I'm sorry I've been mia but after that absolutely epic show, I managed to get sick, but nevertheless had to attend a conference the next day. Right now I'm in the airport, trying to post on my smartphone. It's challenging, so I'll save the longer review for later. However, it was definitely one of the most memorable concerts of my life.

WalshFan88
10-03-2014, 03:46 PM
Longer review...

We got to the venue at 7PM, and slowly made our way to our seats. My foot was KILLING me, and that was after a Vicodin.... Then people wanted in and out of the aisle, and I busted my butt on the ground getting up one of the times and about pushed the row of chairs over. Yeah, not fun....

But the show was worth the suffering. They were phenomenal. Christine messed up the intro to Say You Love Me on keyboards and they had to stop and start over, but it was all in good fun and everyone had a laugh including the audience. Lindsey was on fire, and was totally killing it. Stevie looked better than ever I thought and really sounded great and strong.

All in all, a great show...

Sadly though, until I get my shortness of breath and mobility under control, this will likely be my last concert. I have another one in November and likely it will be my last and I'm contemplating selling my tickets.

I'm just not physically able to handle the walking and the getting up out of a chair anymore and walking up and down stairs. I have to do something and soon, as I feel that I'm about a second away from death's door...trying to lose weight and stay on top of the asthma and the pain from my back is challenging at best. I had sometime tell me at Ausfest that he wanted to see me standing up but it just can't happen. And it's not because of the foot being broken. It's because my physical condition is way down and I feel like all I do is sleep because of no energy. I was so short of breath coming down the stairs to the main floor I was going to pass out. Security came up to me and asked if I was alright, and I was but I was so winded I couldn't talk for minutes. I'm going to see my pulmonologist next week and I hope he has some answers. I know I need to get into better shape but that's hard to do when even shampooing your hair makes you winded and tired and couple that with joint pain.

But even if it was my last concert for a long while, it was a great note to end on...what an amazing band.

Elizasong
10-04-2014, 09:11 AM
I'm glad you got to the show GlennFan. I hope your health gets better soon.. Take it a day at a time and you can make little improvements that you want. I'm sure another concert will be in your future before you know it.

Witchy Woman
10-04-2014, 09:59 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your health troubles, Austin, but I'm glad you were able to enjoy the show. Don't delay in addressing your problems. It's important to take care of yourself.

Brooke
10-04-2014, 10:52 AM
Austin, so sorry about your health issues, but glad you got to go to this show. I'm sure it was awesome!

Soda, I'm glad you're better and can't wait to hear all about your show!

prayfordaylight
10-04-2014, 11:21 AM
Crazy Soda delayed her flight home from Chicago and went to last night's show as well. Can't wait to hear about that one too!

10-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Wow! That girl does get around, indeed!

And thanks for your review, Austin. Glad you enjoyed the show so much and hope get on the mend soon.

sodascouts
10-05-2014, 01:21 AM
I am crazy. I got stuck at the Chicago airport Friday thanks to delays caused by a sabotage incident last week, on the very day Fleetwood Mac was doing its second Chicago show just a few miles away. I couldn't stand it. Since I only had a carry-on, I decided - with a push from PFD - to change my flight, catch a cab to the show, buy a ticket last minute, and then come back and sleep at the airport. Fun fact I learned: Security lines at Midway don't open until 3:45 am.... But there's lots of places to sleep in ticketing and baggage claim!

I got a seat in the first level riser by the stage - it was probably an unused comp. Great view of Lindsey especially - hot stuff! It was his birthday, but the band didn't acknowledge it. Perhaps he asked them not to. It wasn't as good as opening night overall, but a few of the songs were tighter.

I had a fantastic time, but managed to set back my progress health-wise! I'm trying to rest at home now; I'm coughing and feverish again. I'm rethinking my trip to New York next week - can I really handle waiting outside in the wind and cold for hours before dawn in order to see the Mac perform for the Today show? Still deciding.

Speaking of health... Sorry you're dealing with so much, Austin! Best wishes and prayers for you!

WalshFan88
10-05-2014, 08:39 AM
Sorry to hear you're sick Soda...get well soon!

I would have loved to been at opening night but my concert was great for me.... I really enjoyed it. Definitely a top 2 concert for me, and I've seen a ton of great bands. The other being the Eagles last year on HOTE tour.

Now to just get to a Stevie solo show sometime to hear Edge Of Seventeen!

VAisForEagleLovers
10-05-2014, 11:05 AM
Here's an interview with the Today show...

http://www.today.com/popculture/christine-mcvies-return-fleetwood-mac-poetic-moment-band-2D80194371?cid=sm_t_main_1_20141004_32875156

prayfordaylight
10-06-2014, 07:26 AM
Sorry you're still sick but don't blame me for pushing you towards the right decision ;)

Brooke
10-06-2014, 10:10 AM
Soda, sorry to hear you are sick and hoping you are feeling better today! Too cool you got to go to another show though! What a dedicated fan!

sodascouts
10-07-2014, 12:28 AM
Thanks! ;)

Sadly, the Today show trip is officially off. This is not only because I feel under the weather, but because my department chair died and her funeral is Thursday.

Houston Baby
10-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Oh Soda, I am so sorry about your dept. chair. She will be missed at the college, her dedication was an inspiration.

And I hope you will be feeling better soon.

sodascouts
10-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Well, I may not be able to be AT the Today show tomorrow, but for a segment promoting it, they used some footage from the meet'n'greet I attended in Minneapolis.

You can see me for a split second with a group of friends getting our photo taken with Mick Fleetwood around 2:01 (I'm right beside him):

http://www.today.com/video/today/56196586#56196586

Yeah, it's only for a nano-second, but it still makes me feel cool. ;)

Houston Baby
10-08-2014, 06:28 PM
You look gorgeous Soda! LOVE your top! And how cool, now you have been on the Today show! :thumbsup:

Are you feeling better?

VAisForEagleLovers
10-08-2014, 07:04 PM
Too cool, Soda! Wow!

I hope you get to feeling better, though, and I'm sorry to hear about your department chair...

Brooke
10-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Very cool, Soda!

And I hope your feeling better too!

zeldabjr
10-09-2014, 03:42 PM
Soda...you are a star!!! very cool...I just found out FM is coming to Buffalo in Jan...thinking of going...

sodascouts
10-09-2014, 09:34 PM
I thought I was feeling better, but as I was leaving the church after the funeral I had a mortifying coughing fit that went on sporadically for about 10 min. I don't have any more fever or sneezing, but this cough is awful!

At least I had fun watching the Mac on the Today show even though I couldn't be there, and I'm excited about the new dates. I'm doing Little Rock and Nashville for sure, maybe Charlotte. Fun times in the spring!

prayfordaylight
10-10-2014, 07:49 AM
Come to Charlotte with us!

I'm also looking at Atlantic City and Charlottesville on the next leg.

My first show of this leg is FINALLY tomorrow. Can't freaking wait!

Brooke
10-10-2014, 10:10 AM
pfd, have fun! I know it will be awesome!

sodascouts
10-11-2014, 01:00 PM
HB and I are thinking of Charlotte. It would be fantastic to see you again and other Mac friends... some of which I haven't seen in a LONG LONG TIME! It's a 10-hour drive though so I'm trying to figure out how to make it work.

prayfordaylight
10-12-2014, 03:36 PM
Charlotte may not happen now. Looking at Knoxville instead if that works better.

Last night was incredible. I can't wait to see them again in 3 weeks.

deb828
10-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Love the photo, Soda. So cool.

sodascouts
10-13-2014, 12:05 AM
Fleetwood Mac has joined the Eagles in having a "first row VIP package" in addition to the "regular" one, starting its next leg (which has just been announced (http://www.billboard.com/articles/6281360/fleetwood-mac-new-tour-dates)). Both feature a meet'n'greet with Mick, though, so at least you get a band member with FM! lol

http://tbarena.com/shared/event_detail.aspx?EventID=507168&WebLink=12F.1AFE2&xml_path=undefined

My concern is that they might start doing a "only first row gets to stand at the stage" policy which would REALLY put a cramp in my style. No more standing at the stage at Mac shows would make me very sad. :(

If opening night was indeed my last time at the stage, at least I went out with a bang.

prayfordaylight
10-13-2014, 02:19 PM
Makes me glad I'm doing VIP in a few weeks with front row seats I didn't have to pay extra for. I share your fear that might end the first few rows being able to go up.

WalshFan88
10-17-2014, 08:55 PM
I forgot to mention that one of my highlights of Chicago's concert was Second Hand News. I'm addicted to that song now. It's so uplifting and upbeat - you can't help but to move!

Prettymaid
10-18-2014, 12:01 AM
I forgot to mention that one of my highlights of Chicago's concert was Second Hand News. I'm addicted to that song now. It's so uplifting and upbeat - you can't help but to move!

Second Hand News is a great song and a great opener for Rumours. I always wondered about the lyrics, though. If they're breaking up, why does he want to " lay me down in the tall grass and let me do my stuff"? Or maybe I don't want to know... :blush:

WalshFan88
10-18-2014, 01:06 AM
Second Hand News is a great song and a great opener for Rumours. I always wondered about the lyrics, though. If they're breaking up, why does he want to " lay me down in the tall grass and let me do my stuff"? Or maybe I don't want to know... :blush:
Same here! I wondered what it meant since it's a breakup song. According to some people, it's a reference for doing drugs, but I think my mind went to the same place yours did. :hilarious:

sodascouts
10-18-2014, 10:43 AM
To me, it suggests Lindsey attempting to solve their problems with sex. He has said that their sexual chemistry was "excellent" in his words lol. Maybe he feels, if she would just let him "do his stuff", she'd change her mind and he'd no longer be "second hand news." Apparently he is confident in that way at least, he is the man who will satisfy her when she "can't get enough" with this new guy.

The song, which combines defiance with desperation, is very human. Lindsey has said that he didn't want to let go and that her "specter" crippled his ability to love someone else for years. Stevie certainly emphasizes that she was the one who left often enough. Still, no one wants to look weak, so declaring he won't miss her even in the midst of attempting to get her to connect with him again shows that inner conflict. I think that Lindsey felt most in control when they were having sex because she kept coming back for that even when they weren't a couple. This song centers around that sense of power over her that he wants to feel again since right now, he's being "tossed around" emotionally by her.

At the very least, even if they don't have a strong relationship where she can't get "peace of mind" and he supposedly "ain't gonna miss" her when she leaves (note that she hadn't left him for the other guy yet), they could have sex anyway. As I alluded to before it's common knowledge that they still hooked up after the initial breakup even though they were in relationships with other people. Of course, there really isn't such a thing as "meaningless sex" between exes, and it's a large part of the continuing conflict between them. Stevie has said that it was like they never truly broke up completely until he left the band in 1988 and broke off all contact with her. This came after he basically had a complete meltdown and the fight to end all fights with her, yelling that he had to "get [her] out of my life!"

I've actually never heard the drug interpretation before, but I don't think it works as well.

WalshFan88
10-18-2014, 02:49 PM
That's probably right Soda.

I think I read about the drug reference on a song interpretation website before (might have been Songfacts or something).

But yeah, I think that's probably more the case.

Freypower
10-18-2014, 10:19 PM
Wow, Soda, I would like to hear your analysis of more FM songs. Second Hand News is one of my favourites. They played it when I saw them. I see I Don't Want To Know along the same lines.

Glennhoney
10-20-2014, 09:17 AM
..Will be in Boston for their concert on the 25th...my first...:partytime:

prayfordaylight
10-20-2014, 03:27 PM
..Will be in Boston for their concert on the 25th...my first...:partytime:

Enjoy!

deb828
10-20-2014, 07:47 PM
Saw Fleetwood Mac for the first time last night in Columbus. It was a great show and Lindsay was just on fire! We could not afford the best seats, as we saw Jackson Browne this weekend, also, but I really loved the big screens in the second half, particularly Stevie doing Landslide. They sounded great--my only complaint was that the people around me would not stand up! (well, they stood up to go to the bathroom--lol) As has been pointed out here, they can really still rock!

sodascouts
10-25-2014, 10:46 PM
Absolutely! Glad you had a good time!

deb828
10-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Thanks, Soda! I was wondering, since you know all things Stevie (love her), do you know who she is singing about in Hard Advice on the new 24 Karat Gold CD? Turn on the radio Your music fills the room....Don Henley--Joe Walsh--Lindsey? Love that song, but always wonder who is about.

sodascouts
10-26-2014, 09:11 PM
I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure it's not Lindsey because of the timeline and cardboard cut out "paper doll" line.... see this thread I started here: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5431 - let's discuss!

deb828
10-27-2014, 02:49 PM
Thanks!!

Houston Baby
12-15-2014, 05:56 PM
Fleetwood Mac tonight!!!:partytime:

sodascouts
12-25-2014, 12:30 AM
Don't forget to post your thoughts, HB!

sodascouts
01-31-2015, 12:23 AM
I really want to go to the Charlotte and Knoxville shows, but I can't find a good ticket for the life of me! It's getting infuriating!

cynd1231
02-27-2015, 03:23 AM
Heading to Austin in the morning!

Brooke
02-27-2015, 11:16 AM
I checked out tickets for St. Louis. There are some, but wow, expensive for a decent seat! Guess the one time I saw them will have to be it! I just can't justify it. :sad:

cynd1231
03-02-2015, 11:12 AM
Austin Chronicle has a ton of pix from the Erwin Center last night. It was a fabulous show!!! Will try to add comments later but have to head to the airport shortly. In the meantime...

http://www.austin360.com/gallery/entertainment/-list-fleetwood-mac-frank-erwin-center-030115/gCRKq/

sodascouts
03-04-2015, 01:28 AM
Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the link!

Houston Baby
03-04-2015, 11:18 AM
The concert last night in Houston was FABULOUS!! I don't know if it was because I was closer (on the 5th row) than in December or that I was in the midst of mega fans this time but it was wonderful! Mac seemed so much more energetic than last December. And Stevie looked gorgeous. My seat was between her and Lindsey so I could enjoy all of them. Lindsey works his a** off during a show. And this time we got a lot more twirls and dancing from Stevie. :thumbsup: She was breath taking during “Gold Dust Woman”.
The VIP experience was wonderful! Mick is such a gracious host and really seems to enjoy people. His daughter Lucy was there also and asked him a couple of questions during the Q & A – LOL!
I plan to get back regularly on the border. Work has been beyond busy, 10 hour days 6 days a week - too many projects and not enough people and time. And now I am dealing with car problems. Hopefully I can give more details of the concert this weekend.

Brooke
03-04-2015, 02:10 PM
HB, sounds like a wonderful time! And welcome back!

deb828
03-04-2015, 02:52 PM
The concert sounds fabulous! Great for you.

L101
03-04-2015, 03:00 PM
HB - the concert sounded fabulous!! So glad you enjoyed it.

I can't wait to see them on July 11 now, even if I am in the nosebleed section - it looks like its the last show of the tour so maybe they'll do something wild :grin:

Houston Baby
03-05-2015, 10:49 PM
Review & photos of the Houston show this past Tuesday.....

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/2015/03/fleetwood_mac_returns_to_houst.php

Topkat
03-06-2015, 10:27 PM
I got to see Fleetwood when they were in NY (date is now escaping me, but I think it was end of Jan.)
One thing I was so impressed with was Lindsay's guitar playing! I didn't realize how great he is & he's so under rated as a guitar player! WOW.

Also great to see Christine back with them, & Stevie! Loved the whole show! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
03-08-2015, 03:07 AM
Just saw them in Charlotte - in fact, I'm posting from the hotel on my iPad. Great show! I managed to get to the stage after all. It was a blast! I'd post more but I've gotta get some sleep. I'm driving to Knoxville tomorrow to see them again!

Glennsallnighter
03-08-2015, 05:37 AM
Way to go Soda! So glad you had such a good night. Get some sleep and safe travelling to Knoxville tonight. Hope you have another wonderful concert. Take care too.

Houston Baby
03-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Fleetwood Mac road trip!! :partytime:
Wish I could have joined you....Safe travels and have fun!! We want to hear all about it when you get home

sodascouts
03-09-2015, 01:18 AM
Knoxville was also great! I once again got up to the stage. My next show isnt until Wednesday so I have a little break. Tomorrow is a 6+ hour trip home!

Brooke
03-09-2015, 04:24 PM
Awesome, Soda! Safe travels and can't wait to hear all about all of them!

deb828
03-09-2015, 04:56 PM
Wow!!! Sounds wonderful--so many FM shows! Glad you had fun--hope you will share the details when you are home and rested.

Glennsallnighter
03-10-2015, 12:35 PM
Knoxville was also great! I once again got up to the stage. My next show isnt until Wednesday so I have a little break. Tomorrow is a 6+ hour trip home!

Thats so awesome Soda, Safe home, and dying to hear how the next show goes!!

sodascouts
03-11-2015, 01:41 AM
Just got word - the Little Rock show has been postponed due to "illness"! I wonder if it's Christine? Her hand was bandaged...

I just hope I can make the new date!

Praying that whoever is sick heals up soon.

Well, my Wednesday plans have now changed to cleaning up for my parent's visit. A bit of a downgrade...

Brooke
03-11-2015, 09:57 AM
Lol, Soda! Sorry about the change.

I wonder what really happened? Must be more serious than is being told.

Houston Baby
03-11-2015, 01:09 PM
That's a bummer Soda! But I am sure you will be able to make the new show. You are a very resourceful lady!

At least you will be able to spend more time with your parents.

And I also hope it is nothing serious with FM.

sodascouts
03-11-2015, 01:25 PM
I feel really upset about this - not so much because of the fact that I'm missing a show, but more because I'm frightened that it's something serious. I hope Mick makes a more detailed statement soon.

Houston Baby
03-11-2015, 01:33 PM
I have been all over the web during lunch trying to find something and no luck yet. I am keeping them in my prayers and keeping positive thoughts. Let us know if you hear something Soda.

L101
03-11-2015, 05:33 PM
This was on the Ultimate Classic Rock fb (http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleetwood-mac-concert-postpone/) page but it still doesn't give much detail what is happening about the postponed concert....

sodascouts
03-14-2015, 10:00 PM
Richard Dashut said Stevie was recovering from a sore throat. Hopefully tomorrow, the show will indeed go on!