PDA

View Full Version : Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

TimothyBFan
11-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Sounds like you hit the jackpot there Eve!!

jdubfan
11-23-2010, 07:36 PM
I heard I Don't Want to Hear Anymore whilst fighting the crowd at the grocery tonight. Very calming, enjoyable. I like my store, they play a lot of LROOE songs.

Koala
12-20-2010, 02:33 AM
I heard THE HEAT IS ON today morning on the radio and that at 15F°!
Immediately after get up I have turned on the radio and then I heard the first tones from the Song!

Stars
12-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Today I picked up my car at the shop-it had some body work done, as someone ran into it at the parking lot where I work. As I was driving home, I switched on the radio. Although I've heard the song a million times, I was thrilled to hear "Hotel California"! :smile: I know all of you can relate!:nod:

sodascouts
12-21-2010, 12:16 AM
Yep - totally!

Today I was watching VH1 Classic and they had a trivia question pop up for "This Day in Rock History." It was "Which founding member of the Eagles left the group right before the band released its biggest album?"

The answer, of course, was Mr. Bernie Leadon!

They then proceeded to play the Hotel California live video from 1977.

Troubadour
12-22-2010, 08:53 PM
OMG - I have to tell you guys this one! You may remember that I've mentioned a male colleague of mine who is a fan of the guys (Joe especially). Well, yesterday I was in the office, and a phone went off in someone's jacket. I knew it had to belong to my colleague... the ring tone was One Day At A Time! :rockon:

WalshFan88
12-31-2010, 09:33 AM
I heard "Heartache Tonight" on the radio yesterday coming back from one of my Dr appointments. That's probably my #1 favorite from The Long Run with In The City as my 2nd favorite and the title track as my 3rd favorite. :)

Stars
01-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Hubby and I were in the Port Authority in NYC last night waiting for our bus, when suddenly I heard the opening notes of "Hotel California". It wasn't being broadcast throughout the bus station, as they were playing classical music! Hubby insisted it was a ringtone, but I knew better. Someone sitting near us had a little radio, and the song was coming from there. That brought a smile to my face! :) Hubby just rolled his eyes!:roll:

TimothyBFan
01-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Hubby and I were in the Port Authority in NYC last night waiting for our bus, when suddenly I heard the opening notes of "Hotel California". It wasn't being broadcast throughout the bus station, as they were playing classical music! Hubby insisted it was a ringtone, but I knew better. Someone sitting near us had a little radio, and the song was coming from there. That brought a smile to my face! :) Hubby just rolled his eyes!:roll:

They just never quite "get it", do they? :hilarious:

Troubadour
01-11-2011, 04:42 PM
I heard One Of These Nights today. Haven't listened to it for quite a while and it brought a big smile to my face. Don's high notes at the end never fail to amaze me!

GlennLover
01-12-2011, 03:14 PM
As I was leaving the drugstore yesterday I heard You Belong To The City begin. Could hardly hear it & I hadn't even realized before that that the PA system was on. Of course my ears picked up YBTTC on the 1st few notes :).

WalshFan88
01-14-2011, 05:03 PM
I heard "Life In The Fast Lane" at the chiropractor's office yesterday. That intro riff is killer (of course, it's Walsh, what do you expect! :D).

Freypower
01-14-2011, 05:54 PM
I'VE got one!! We always have ABC Radio National on when we go to bed but for the past couple of nights they've run Radio Queensland to keep them up to date with the flood crisis (they did this during the Victorian bushfires; ran Victorian radio. With all due respect it isn't really relevant to Sydney) but they interrupted the wall to wall coverage to play Take It Easy. Hopefully as the crisis eases & the cleanup begins Queenslanders will take the song to heart.

AzEaglesFan
01-15-2011, 02:44 AM
Went into a Checker Parts Store today and they were playing the Eagles singing Tequila Sunrise. Made my day.

Eve
01-24-2011, 07:48 PM
I was doing pricing at work today and awhile back I told the pricing girls about a certain trashy but highly entertaining book I read and in particular a story or two about Mr. Henley. So when The Eagles came on this morning we all were giggling. Then again later that morning more fits of giggles.

TimothyBFan
01-25-2011, 08:19 AM
Very cool EF!! Your school and that teacher sounds awesome!

Brooke
01-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Great teacher, EF! :thumbsup:

GlennLover
01-25-2011, 11:32 AM
What a nice surprise, EF!

whitcap
01-25-2011, 03:36 PM
So I'm in a class where our teacher incorporates music and art into whatever we are learning about that week. Today, she brought in a song, and when she handed the lyrics out, I saw it was Hole In The World by none other than The EAGLES! Needless to say, I think about five people turned to me and said, Zoe it's the Eagles! Do you know this song? :lol: pssht... of course I do, it's the Eagles after all... :D Anyways, I thought I'd share, because it was certainly hearing the Eagles unexpectedly.

That reminds me of one of the classes I had in high school. Everyday when we came into class the teacher would play a song that had something to do with what we were learning that day. One day she played In the City. She told the class that she played it for me :smile:.

sodascouts
01-25-2011, 03:56 PM
That reminds me of one of the classes I had in high school. Everyday when we came into class the teacher would play a song that had something to do with what we were learning that day. One day she played In the City. She told the class that she played it for me :smile:.

Aw - what a sweet teacher!

EaglesFanatic
01-25-2011, 07:26 PM
That's great wc! I like those kinds of unexpected surprises.
She really is an awesome teacher, I love her class!

Prettymaid
01-28-2011, 06:38 PM
I've got a good one! I work at a bank as a teller, and I was working in the drive through today. I was waiting on a customer in lane 2 and turned the microphone on to say hello. I could faintly hear a song that sounded familiar. As I listened a couple more seconds I made it out to be I Dreamed There Was No War! My customer was a middle aged man who I was familiar with from the bank. I sent out his cash and said, "Are you listening to the Eagles?" He looked very surprised and answered "Yeah, do you like them?" I said, "Yes, I've seen them three times!" He said, "You have? Wow! I saw them ----- ------- -------."

That's right, I didn't hear what he said. :-( And we were so busy all I could do was smile and say thank you as he pulled away. Next time I wait on him I will ask him where he saw them! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
01-28-2011, 11:46 PM
I bet that guy thought you were the coolest bank teller he'd ever done business with. ;)

WalshFan88
01-29-2011, 12:54 AM
I heard Peaceful Easy Feeling in Walmart today.

sodascouts
01-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Last night, Take it to the Limit came on as I was pulling into a parking lot at the grocery store. Instead of going in, I waited in the car until the song was over, singing along. As I was singing "Take IT! To the Limit! Take IT! To the Limit!" at the end, I noticed a guy walking by the car staring at me. It was pretty embarrassing!

Glennsallnighter
01-30-2011, 05:31 PM
Awwwww No worries Nancy! I often stay in the car when an Eagles song comes on, and yes, I sing along as well.

Prettymaid
01-31-2011, 08:33 AM
Was your index finger pointing up as he saw you? :wink:

Peekaboo
02-08-2011, 09:22 AM
It's been over a month since I've heard an Eagles song at work. For some reason they've been playing the same songs over and over and over for the past few weeks. Everyday I literally counted 8 Michael Jackson songs within 4 hours. They finally changed it up today and I got to hear Walk Away and Already Gone.

The cool thing about hearing Already Gone was that I had to shuffle the cards at the exact moment the song started. We shuffle six decks of cards and our shuffle times are supposed to be right around 90 seconds. I always feel like i'm slow at shuffling (but making up for that time by dealing fast) because I get too worried about making the shuffle look good rather than shuffle fast. I was singing along to the song as I shuffled and I noticed that I finished shuffling right after the line "You can see the stars and still not see the light". When I got off of work I played that song and saw that that line ends right at 90 seconds. Good to know that my shuffles aren't as slow as i thought they were.

Prettymaid
02-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Lol Peek!

Hubby had to stop by the furniture store on the way home from work yesterday to get some replacement drawer parts. When he got home he told me he heard How Long while he was there. I thought it was pretty cool that he noticed and told me.

TimothyBFan
02-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Listening to Classic Rewind today on Sirius and they just played Life's Been Good, followed by End Of The Innocence. And now they are playing Stay by Jackson Browne. Pretty good day so far. :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
02-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Listening to Classic Rewind today on Sirius and they just played Life's Been Good, followed by End Of The Innocence. And now they are playing Stay by Jackson Browne. Pretty good day so far. :thumbsup:

:inlove::heart::inlove:

Troubadour
02-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Wow, TBF - a great day indeed!

Jess, I love the story about the shuffle times!

Prettymaid
02-09-2011, 07:51 AM
Every weekday morning our clock radio goes off at 5:15 (the time Hubby has to get up). Today when it came on I was pleasantly surprised by the second half of Hotel California. "Ooh", I thought, "Maybe after the song the DJ will give some tidbit about them. Maybe they'll mention that they're going to China and Korea."
As the song ended the female DJ's voice came on..."Lindsay Lohan's hotel does not have room service. She is accused of stealing a necklace from a jeweler..."

WHATEVER. Lame segue DJ.

Ive always been a dreamer
02-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Yeah PM - looks like she needs some Eagles schooling!

Glennhoney
02-10-2011, 04:01 PM
...just watching an old episode of the Sopranos...had "Hotel California" playing in the background in one of the scenes...........

whitcap
02-10-2011, 06:59 PM
I decided to go out and get something to eat and while I was eating Take it to the Limit came on the radio in the restaurant. :inlove:

Prettymaid
02-10-2011, 07:05 PM
I decided to go out and get something to eat and while I was eating Take it to the Limit came on the radio in the restaurant. :inlove:
Did you stand up on your chair and sing along? :D

(Or am I the only one who does that) :blush:

sodascouts
02-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Don't forget the finger pointing!

TITTL... one of the best rock songs ever written. :heart:

luvthelighthouse
02-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Here I am at work and my co-worker surprisingly, just put in LROOE's first disc! That was very unexpected and kinda made my afternoon... seeing as how my CD player in my car is broken and I haven't heard it in months. Guess I should get around to uploading to my ipod!

sodascouts
02-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Your co-worker sounds like my kind of person!

jdubfan
02-13-2011, 01:37 PM
I was out doing some minor VD card shopping and The Long Run came on. I'm doing my own personal jammin, singing along when I noticed a fellow in another aisle really singing and groovin'. When he came around the corner, I noticed his Eagles t-shirt....I laughed at him, he was still gettin' a pretty good groove on and said "Nice shirt for the song". He looked down (I thought that was funny) and Yeah! with a great big grin. The Eagles, spreading happiness all over...

sodascouts
02-13-2011, 04:42 PM
LOL! What a great story!

luvthelighthouse
02-13-2011, 11:42 PM
That is pretty cool. If I saw someone w/an Eagles t-shirt, I'd probably start chatting them up to the point they'd think I was nuts! :hilarious:

AzEaglesFan
02-13-2011, 11:46 PM
When I was at the Cardio Dr's office, a man came in with an Eagles T-shirt on but I didn't say anything. Bobby gets put out with me that I talk to an stranger with a Eagles' T-shirt on.

Prettymaid
02-15-2011, 12:28 PM
When I was at the Cardio Dr's office, a man came in with an Eagles T-shirt on but I didn't say anything. Bobby gets put out with me that I talk to an stranger with a Eagles' T-shirt on.

That's too bad AZ. Having an innocent conversation with "a stranger" wearing an Eagles t-shirt could have been the high point of that guy's day (and yours!)

When we went to see Jackson Browne last September at White River State Park in Indianapolis we were trying to find our way to The Lawn, the venue. We came upon a young couple and I whispered to Hubby, "Look! He's wearing an Eagle's t-shirt!" We mentioned the t-shirt to him and had a nice brief conversation about the Eagles and that we were going to be seeing them in October. I can't remember when the guy said he had seen them. We learned that they were students at Purdue and that she was a big JB fan. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
02-15-2011, 09:45 PM
Cool, PM! Wish I could've been there.

Bobby gets put out with me that I talk to an stranger with a Eagles' T-shirt on.

BOOO to Buzzkill Bobby! :thumbsdown:

Stars
02-17-2011, 09:13 AM
When I saw the Eagles in Glasgow in 2009, I ran into someone wearing the same Eagles shirt as me-the Walmart shirt with the Rolling Stone cover! He was so happy to see someone wearing the same shirt that he gave me a big hug!:laugh:

whitcap
02-17-2011, 06:29 PM
I had a conversation about the Eagles with a stranger earlier because they saw that I was wearing an Eagles t-shirt :)

TimothyBFan
02-18-2011, 09:26 AM
My Eagles purse has started many a conversation when I carry it. Hubby just rolls his eyes. He's such a tolerant man! ;)

EaglesFanatic
02-19-2011, 05:53 PM
I heard James Gang's "Stop" on the radio today! Not something you hear very often on the radio!

Stars
02-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Hubby and I were out tonight, and stopped by a convenience store to pick up a few things. While we were in there, "New Kid in Town" began to play! Of course, I wanted to stay and hear the entire song, but hubby insisted we leave after we paid for our items. I told him I'd have to report him to the Border!:lol:

02-20-2011, 12:00 AM
Thank you, Carla. Tell hubby the Border patrol has been deployed! :lol:

Koala
02-20-2011, 03:42 AM
Yesterday in the Grocery store I heard Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough!
I told my Mom who sings it and she said: Ok, well then I must now make a little slower so you can hear it to the end! Thanks Mom!

TimothyBFan
02-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Yesterday in the Grocery store I heard Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough!
I told my Mom who sings it and she said: Ok, well then I must now make a little slower so you can hear it to the end! Thanks Mom!

Aww- what a nice Mom you have!!!

Prettymaid
02-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Some people really do understand!

Stars
02-22-2011, 11:10 AM
I think hubby needs to take lessons from your mom, Koala! :lol::nod:

Koala
02-22-2011, 12:33 PM
I think hubby needs to take lessons from your mom, Koala! :lol::nod:
:nod: necessarily:nod:

Stars
02-23-2011, 09:24 AM
I will remind hubby how your mom let you stay and hear the entire song, next time an Eagles song is playing in a store!:partytime:

Prettymaid
02-24-2011, 08:28 AM
Don't worry about it too much Stars. As big of an Eagles fan as my Hubby is, there would be no way we would be waiting around just to hear the end of an Eagles song if he is with me! :unimpressed:

Glennsallnighter
02-28-2011, 05:54 AM
We would! There's no choice for my hubby here.

Yesterday we were leaving our hotel in Disneyland Paris! Its called the Sequoia Lodge hotel and has its decor based around the American midwest theme. Anyway just before we went, Laura was getting a bit upset at going, when I heard 'Centre of the Universe' playing in the background. It sounded lovely. AND cheered her up no end!

Annabel
02-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Love that hotel. :blueblob:

Prettymaid
03-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Well, if you read this thread often this is going to sound familiar.

I was working this morning at the bank in the drive through. I turned on the microphone to say hello to the customer in lane 2 and I heard the song Long Road Out Of Eden. I waited until I finished his transaction and sent his receipt out to him and said, " Are you listening to the radio or is that the Long Road Out Of Eden CD?"

He had to ask me to repeat myself, so I simply said, "Is that the Eagles Long Road Out Of Eden CD?"

He answered, "Yes, I think it's some of the best stuff they've ever put out!"

I agreed and told him that I loved them and had seen them in 2008, 2009 and 2010.

"Are they going to be touring again?", he asked me.

I told him they were in Japan now and were going to be in China, but that maybe they would tour in the U.S. later in the year. He asked me how much tickets were and I laughed and told him they weren't cheap! Then I thanked him and he left.

The first thing I thought of was you guys and how I couldn't wait to share the story with you!

sodascouts
03-05-2011, 11:09 PM
I love it! I've said it before - you're the coolest banker in America! ;)

Brooke
03-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Yes you are, Pm! That's the way to do it! :thumbsup:

03-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Well - with that kind of promotion, the band should hire you as their personal banker. However, I'm sure the job is too big for just one person and since I have a lot of banking experience myself, I would be happy to split duties with ya! :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
03-30-2011, 05:50 PM
Went to the grocery store after work to pick up some eggs (it's meatloaf night :wink:) and heard a familiar tune playing. I had to stop and actually listen to a few notes and then I had it - it was I Don't Want To Hear Anymore!

It's funny how I always have to stop and give a better listen before I'm sure - it's as if my ears can't believe what hey're hearing! :yay:

Annabel
03-31-2011, 05:32 AM
Well - with that kind of promotion, the band should hire you as their personal banker. However, I'm sure the job is too big for just one person and since I have a lot of banking experience myself, I would be happy to split duties with ya! :thumbsup:

I'm in. I spent 15 years working for a bank here (the one with an eagle logo ;)), and about 5 years of that were as a personal banker. If we have one more taker we can have a man each :laugh:

TimothyBFan
03-31-2011, 06:53 AM
Went to the grocery store after work to pick up some eggs (it's meatloaf night :wink:) and heard a familiar tune playing. I had to stop and actually listen to a few notes and then I had it - it was I Don't Want To Hear Anymore!

How cool is that!!!!! Yeah-A Timothy song! I wonder if it was piped in music or a radio station?

sodascouts
03-31-2011, 10:33 AM
I remember hearing that song in Red Robin a few months ago. Apparently the restaurant circuit's eating it up! ;)

Troubadour
03-31-2011, 05:22 PM
I heard Life In The Fast Lane on the radio today.

EaglesFanatic
04-01-2011, 10:38 PM
My brother is playing Desperado on the piano. Now I know where my Eagles song book has been this whole time :hilarious:

Koala
04-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Today I saw a broadcast on tv about young German in abroad and suddenly I heard the beginning of Somebody. This was a big surprise for me, unfortunately, the song was played only very briefly.

jdubfan
04-03-2011, 06:38 PM
I went to the store this morning and while in the produce section I heard some familiar slide guitar from Victim of Love and happily sang along. I went thru the rest of the store quickly and at the check out Witchy Woman started. 2 Eagles in ~15 minutes....as Don says: I like my grocery....:headbang:

Annabel
04-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Well here I am on the board and what's on the radio right at this moment? ........................... One of these nights. :yay: Sing up Don and guys.

Prettymaid
04-05-2011, 07:41 AM
My Eagles fan customer came through the bank drive through again the other day. I've only waited on him a couple of times so he is not familiar to me when he pulls up. But when I turned on the microphone to greet him I heard the faint strains of Last Good Time In Town. We were super busy so I didn't say anything to him then. When I sent his receipt out he smiled and indicated toward his CD player. "Joe Walsh" was all he said.
"I love that song!", I said. "That's the ringtone on my phone!"
I then proceeded to inform him that Joe was supposed to be putting out a solo album this year.

Sometimes even I don't realize how much more Eagle stuff I know than the average bear until I'm able to share it. All because of The Border!

04-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Sometimes even I don't realize how much more Eagle stuff I know than the average bear until I'm able to share it. All because of The Border!

Well PM - I believe you did win that Eagles Trivial Pursuit Game that we played a while back. So yes, hanging out on The Border definitely has it's benefits. :lol:

tequila girl
04-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Eagles Trivial Pursuit.....that sounds interesting :headbang: must have been before my time here - i'm sure i'd remember that!:laugh:

Prettymaid
04-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Yep TG, I'm the all-time champion! :mrgreen:

Okay, we only played once. :blush:

luvthelighthouse
04-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Heard ICTYW in Target! Made my shopping trip better.

Today, again, my co-worker put in Side 1 or LROOE. I don't know why I "forget" how much I really like that CD. I hear How Long and a huge smile appears. NMCD... ah, Glenn sounds so good! Then Don w/the WITW and TBS singing against him at the end, it's already a classic in my mind! TBS sounds so smooth on IDWTHA. Love Do Something! Joe on GOTC is so fun.

I'm telling you, having a broken CD player in my car has greatly reduced my Eagles listening. Even though they are on my iPod, I don't hear them as often as I used to. That is why when I get those unexpected moments, it makes them so much more special to me.

I'm actually really missing seeing them live...

ETA: She just put in Disc 2... :yay: Recalling how beautiful LROOE is live. Ah...

04-06-2011, 11:14 AM

ME TOO, LTL!!!

And funny you should post here today since we were discussing the Eagles Trivial Pursuit game. I believe you were a very worthy runner up in the game! :wink:

tg - here is a link to the thread if you are interested ...

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2019

We had a lot of fun playing it, but it takes a lot of work to run the game and come up with good questions. Also, the amount of participants is limited so it's not too conducive to a message board format.

whitcap
04-06-2011, 01:59 PM
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2019

We had a lot of fun playing it, but it takes a lot of work to run the game and come up with good questions. Also, the amount of participants is limited so it's not too conducive to a message board format.

Eagles trivial pursuit sounds fun! Y'all played it before I started posting actively. Coming up with good questions for it had to be hard. I know when we played Name That Eagle (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2671) coming up with questions was the hardest part for me.

I know what you mean. I've been wanting to see them again for quite some time.

tequila girl
04-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the link Dreamer....it looks like that was great fun!:thumbsup:

Koala
04-10-2011, 10:36 AM
I heard Part Of Me Part Of You on the radio a few minutes ago.:razz:

04-10-2011, 11:41 AM
This is too weird, but I just finished listening to Part of Me, Part of You just moments before I opened this thread. Only difference is, it wasn't unexpected since I was listening to the Strange Weather album. :)

Glennhoney
04-16-2011, 08:56 PM
..well I was in the Mall's washroom today when I heard "Part of you,part of me"....and I was thinking..."no,no people...don't flush...I can't hear my favorite song".....lol.....bahahahaha...

sodascouts
04-16-2011, 10:27 PM
lol! Just sit there until it's over! ;)

EaglesKiwi
04-17-2011, 04:52 AM
I heard "End Of The Innocence" at the supermarket this morning :D

Certainly made grocery shopping less dreadful... for a few minutes!!

luvthelighthouse
04-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Driving to work this morning I hear the opening lines of Desperado... so I figure, I'll give it a fresh unexpected listening to... only it wasn't Don's voice. I don't know who it was, but I certainly didn't like it. I thought it could have been the cover version off Common Thread... unless someone new is covering it. :ack:

Freypower
04-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Driving to work this morning I hear the opening lines of Desperado... so I figure, I'll give it a fresh unexpected listening to... only it wasn't Don's voice. I don't know who it was, but I certainly didn't like it. I thought it could have been the cover version off Common Thread... unless someone new is covering it. :ack:

Neil Diamond has done it recently; do you think it might have been him? Much as I love Neil I had no interest in hearing either his or Johnny Cash's version.

luvthelighthouse
04-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Hmmm... that is a possibility. I didn't know Neil just covered it. I'll have to pay more attention if I hear it again. We only have one country station... so it's a good possibly they'll play it again.

Brooke
04-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Clint Black did it on the Common Thread album. I thought he did ok on it.

04-26-2011, 01:47 PM
I took my niece into a guitar store yesterday. I was browsing through Eagles songbooks when Seven Bridges Road began playing. You can only imagine the smile that brought to my face. :grin:

Koala
04-27-2011, 02:07 AM
Today morning I was walking with Lucky, at a traffic light next to us had to stop a car and what did I hear for a song from the open window? Busy Being Fabulous! Very nice!

WalshFan88
04-27-2011, 02:21 AM
I took my niece into a guitar store yesterday. I was browsing through Eagles songbooks when Seven Bridges Road began playing. You can only imagine the smile that brought to my face. :grin:

:guitar:

Freypower
05-17-2011, 09:50 PM
I heard Desperado in a fast food shop.

EaglesKiwi
05-18-2011, 04:18 AM
I heard Take It To The Limit at the vehicle testing station... certainly brightened up the wait :thumbsup:

Molly
05-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Standing at the pick-up counter of a local pharmacy two nights ago with Peter when "Ordinary Average Guy" started playing on the overhead speakers. It was just before closing time and the pharmacy was fairly empty and quiet, so it was easy to hear the music.

I didn't say anything, just listened to the song as the pharmacy tech entered Peter's information into his computer. When it got to the line "Pick up the dog doo and hope that it's hard", the tech (a young guy) looked up at me with this "Huh?" look on his face.

I couldn't help it, I busted out laughing.

Troubadour
05-18-2011, 06:05 PM
The Heat Is On played on the radio yesterday morning on my way to work. Unfortunately the DJ pronounced Glenn's name FRAY...

Brooke
05-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Standing at the pick-up counter of a local pharmacy two nights ago with Peter when "Ordinary Average Guy" started playing on the overhead speakers. It was just before closing time and the pharmacy was fairly empty and quiet, so it was easy to hear the music.

I didn't say anything, just listened to the song as the pharmacy tech entered Peter's information into his computer. When it got to the line "Pick up the dog doo and hope that it's hard", the tech (a young guy) looked up at me with this "Huh?" look on his face.

I couldn't help it, I busted out laughing.

Too funny Molly! :lol:

whitcap
05-30-2011, 12:08 AM
I heard Take it to the Limit on the radio yesterday. After the song ended the DJ mentioned that the Eagles were the band that gave the station its name (I was listening to the local classic rock station Eagle 98.1)

Koala
05-30-2011, 12:43 AM
I heard Take it to the Limit on the radio yesterday. After the song ended the DJ mentioned that the Eagles were the band that gave the station its name (I was listening to the local classic rock station Eagle 98.1)
How cool!:cool:

WalshFan88
06-01-2011, 06:01 PM
I just heard "All She Wants To Do Is Dance" on the radio.... Why is it that when that particular song starts that I feel the strong need to really move to the music?!? :hilarious:

I love Don's solo stuff. Dirty Laundry, All She Wants To Do Is Dance, Boys Of Summer, etc. My favorite solo Don song is Dirty Laundry. That song just "rocks". I'm not a big fan of synthesizers but I really don't mind them in those songs.

TimothyBFan
06-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Hubby and I were coming back from shopping the other day and he was flipping through his presets on the radio quickly trying to find the baseball game. A station was playing Tequila Sunrise as he flipped through, before I could say anything he went back to it and waited out the song, without saying a word, before flipping the stations again. Bless his tiny little heart---he really loves me! :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
06-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Awwwww he does Willie!
The first song out of the 7am news this morning was NKIT, and the first out of the 8am news was POMPOY

luvthelighthouse
06-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Today I walked into my house and heard Hotel California on a low volume. I couldn't imagine where it was coming from, since nobody was home. Turns out I had my phone in my back pocket and I must have "butt dialed" and turned the iPod feature on... the music was coming from me... but I didn't hear it when I was outside or in the car. I'd say that was unexpected. :hilarious:

TBF, yes, that is love!

EaglesKiwi
06-08-2011, 04:37 AM
Hubby and I were coming back from shopping the other day and he was flipping through his presets on the radio quickly trying to find the baseball game. A station was playing Tequila Sunrise as he flipped through, before I could say anything he went back to it and waited out the song, without saying a word, before flipping the stations again. Bless his tiny little heart---he really loves me! :thumbsup:
Oh Willie, I think you should hang on to him!! :angel:

Troubadour
06-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Not Enough Love In The World is playing right now on my local radio station! :heart::heart::heart:

tequila girl
06-17-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm watching Coronation Street on the telly (very sad, I know!) there is a new family just making their debut and the bloke in the van with the furniture arrives singing Boys of Summer!! :hilarious:

Troubadour
06-17-2011, 09:05 PM
I heard the last part of The End Of The Innocence on the radio when I left work this evening.

WalshFan88
06-18-2011, 05:31 AM
Oh, before I forget to tell this. I heard "Take It Easy" playing the other day in Guitar Center when I was there trying out some new pedals. Of course I played right along to those guitar parts and the guy behind the counter was like this: :shock: :jawdrop: :hilarious:

What was funny is that I was playing through a Fender Telecaster when the song came on, which is the guitar Bernie Leadon used on the original track. I bet not too many Eagles-style guitarists come through there. It's mostly teenage shredheads that are all about turning up insane amounts of fuzz and playing with their amps dimed with guitars that could double as weapons (all pointy). :yuck::rolleyes: That's not even music!

Judy
06-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Austin, that's awesome! I would have loved to have been there to see that...both to see you perform and for the look on the guy's face.

WalshFan88
06-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Austin, that's awesome! I would have loved to have been there to see that...both to see you perform and for the look on the guy's face.

Thanks! :D

I'm sure it was a nice change of scenery for the guy from the death shredding metal that gets played in there on a daily basis. If I had to work there I would shoot myself... It's so crazy in those places but sadly it's the only place to go in my area to try out new guitar equipment.... :( So I try to pick times when the shredder kids are A - still in school or B - out partying! :hilarious:

Best times to go into Guitar Center is early in the morning or midday (unless it's the weekend). Night time it's always packed full of wannabe guitar heroes who have no sense of melody..... I have a name for that shredding, emotionless guitar playing but it's probably not appropriate for this forum LOL. :rofl:

I played in an Eagles tribute band for awhile so I'm pretty familiar with the tunes, especially the hits... I played the parts of Joe Walsh, who is my favorite guitarist. I formed the band and unfortunately it broke up last year after about a 2-3 year run due to things coming up in people's lives. I miss that gig.

sodascouts
06-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Very cool Austin!

Prettymaid
06-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Clock radio woke us up this morning to the mellow sounds of I Can't Tell You Why. Normally I shut it off when I'm sure Hubby's awake (10 - 15 seconds) but of course I listened to this one all the way through! Hubby didn't - he got up right away. (And that, my friends, is why he is not an honorary Borderer!) ;)

TimothyBFan
06-22-2011, 08:16 AM
Your hubby needs a talkin' to! http://bestsmileys.com/nono/2.gif

Prettymaid
06-28-2011, 06:57 PM
Yeah, right...like he listens to me... :rolleyes:

Brooke
06-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Had to go to the dentist this morning and Hotel California came on the radio in the waiting room as I walked in. He always has good music on when I'm there!

Troubadour
07-07-2011, 02:55 PM
A Good Day came on my iPod earlier today. It was completely random and a nice surprise because I hadn't heard it for quite a while!

Glennsallnighter
07-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Oh very nice Lou!

Don Henley and Patti Smyth are on the radio at the moment - Sometimes Love Just Aint Enough

Troubadour
07-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Ahh, I love that song. It reminds me of cruising along a dark desert highway (literally) on the way to California with Annie and Jess. Annie is a bit obsessed with that song and we played it over and over very loudly as we sang along... Memories!

GlennLover
07-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Yesterday we went to Boston Pizza restaurant & the 1st song we heard after we sat down was "Hotel California".

Last week I was coming out of a movie & I heard a song playing in the distance. Couldn't hear it well enough to identify it, but I could tell it was an Eagles song. I think my ears are conditioned to recognize Eagles songs before my brain does! Anyway, as I got closer I could tell that it was "Desperado". As I walked closer to the origin of the music it got quite loud & I discovered that it was coming from a car - a jazzy red convertible! Someone has very good taste in both cars and music! :thumbsup:

Judy
07-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Last week I was coming out of a movie & I heard a song playing in the distance. Couldn't hear it well enough to identify it, but I could tell it was an Eagles song. I think my ears are conditioned to recognize Eagles songs before my brain does! Anyway, as I got closer I could tell that it was "Desperado". As I walked closer to the origin of the music it got quite loud & I discovered that it was coming from a car - a jazzy red convertible! Someone has very good taste in both cars and music! :thumbsup:

I think we might all have a touch of that....or I am talking away and all of a sudden I hear the first note or two of the song and I stop and name the song...or I'll be in a really loud place and all of a sudden I can hear it in the back of my mind and my brain just starts focusing on it-similar in the brain to your Desperado incident, I think.

Yesterday just as I got in my car to go somewhere The Long Run started. I love it when that happens! I also love it when I'm cruising down the highway and Heartache Tonight starts playing.

GlennLover
07-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Yesterday just as I got in my car to go somewhere The Long Run started. I love it when that happens! I also love it when I'm cruising down the highway and Heartache Tonight starts playing.

I love it when my clock radio wakes me up with "Take IT Easy"!

Troubadour
07-09-2011, 09:46 PM
I heard The Heat Is On on the radio a little earlier. Our local radio station plays it quite often - along with The End Of The Innocence and Not Enough Love In The World.

Judy
07-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Left tonight and they were playing Take It to the Limit...then they played Brown Eyed Girl :nahnah:

Edit: I was thinking BEG bugged someone here, but I might be thinking of someone else.

Koala
07-10-2011, 01:44 AM
Here was also just to hear The Heat Is On on the Radio!

07-10-2011, 11:13 AM
When I'm working or going out, I put my puppy in "his room", which is the upstairs bathroom so he doesn't have the run of the house. I always turn the radio on for him. Yesterday, when I turned the radio on, I heard some familiar notes and immediately recognized that it was The Boys of Summer playing. I always finish listening to any Eagles/solo song. But, when I realized that it was the Ataris' cover of the song, I didn't bother. :neutral:

EaglesKiwi
07-11-2011, 03:37 AM
When I'm working or going out, I put my puppy in "his room", which is the upstairs bathroom so he doesn't have the run of the house. I always turn the radio on for him. Yesterday, when I turned the radio on, I heard some familiar notes and immediately recognized that it was The Boys of Summer playing. I always finish listening to any Eagles/solo song. But, when I realized that it was the Ataris' cover of the song, I didn't bother. :neutral:
Now you're going to have to play Smuggler the real thing, just to make sure he develops good taste in music.

My dog dances with my daughter & I when I play Eagles DVDs... :)

Koala
07-16-2011, 12:29 PM
I just saw a documentary about a motel which is located exactly on the border of Nevada and Utah, it‘s called „Border Inn“!
While indoor shots from the Motel been shown was to hear in the background Take it Easy! A few minutes later was to hear The Long Run!

07-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Now you're going to have to play Smuggler the real thing, just to make sure he develops good taste in music.

My dog dances with my daughter & I when I play Eagles DVDs... :)

Oh trust me, EK - Smuggler is already quite familiar with the real thing - and many other outstanding Eagles and solo tunes as well! You are right - he must develop good taste in music ... only the best for my pup! :wink:

sodascouts
07-16-2011, 08:18 PM
I just saw a documentary about a motel which is located exactly on the border of Nevada and Utah, it‘s called „Border Inn“!
While indoor shots from the Motel been shown was to hear in the background Take it Easy! A few minutes later was to hear The Long Run!

What a cool coincidence!!

TimothyBFan
07-18-2011, 08:10 AM
On the patio Friday night listening to the radio instead of vinyl. We love The Drive out of Chicago and hear quite a bit of Eagles there. As the DJ was telling what was coming up, he said he would be playing a song about "fibbing body parts". Hubby didn't miss a beat and screamed "Lyin' Eyes". He was quite proud of himself, that he got it before I did! :hilarious:

Henley Honey
07-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Good for him!! He's "gettin it".

sodascouts
07-19-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm not surprised - Willie's husband is very cool!

Brooke
07-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Saturday night at our son's wedding reception I heard the soothing sounds of 7 Bridges Road start as we were cleaning up and the dj was taking down his equipment. Then I heard Best of My Love. I went up to the dj and told him I was so glad to finally hear songs of my favorite band and thanked him. He said he loved the Eagles, but had never gotten to see them live. I told him that hopefully they would have a 40th anniversary tour next year and he should go see them if possible and that I'd seen them several times. He said he hoped he would get to.

TimothyBFan
07-20-2011, 07:33 AM
I'm not surprised - Willie's husband is very cool!

What makes him the coolest is that Disco Strangler is his favorite Eagles song. :hilarious:

WalshFan88
07-20-2011, 08:11 AM
What makes him the coolest is that Disco Strangler is his favorite Eagles song. :hilarious:
:shock:

Um, I love The Long Run album, but TDS is not very high on my list. :hilarious: But strangely enough I LOVE The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks. Go figure! :rofl:

GlennLover
07-20-2011, 09:29 AM
:shock:

Um, I love The Long Run album, but TDS is not very high on my list. :hilarious: But strangely enough I LOVE The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks. Go figure! :rofl:

LOL, me too! I think that it's a fun song! I don't take it too seriously, although when you realize that the song it about Glenn's & Don's experiences when playing at colleges in their early days & that the "Greeks" are college fraternities it makes sense. I think it's rather clever.

TimothyBFan
07-20-2011, 12:28 PM
I am also one of the rare people who love Greeks!! How can you go wrong with lines like "and half hour later, you were barfin' all over your girlfriend's shoes"? :hilarious: Just silliness!!!

As for Disco Strangler, it really is my husband's favorite and he & Soda have had a discussion or 2 about it's merits. :hilarious:

GlennLover
07-20-2011, 12:31 PM
As for Disco Strangler, it really is my husband's favorite and he & Soda have had a discussion or 2 about it's merits. :hilarious:

I'm afraid I have to agree with Soda on that one! :laugh:

sodascouts
07-20-2011, 02:09 PM

Er.... no comment. lol

Freypower
07-20-2011, 06:32 PM
I like both Greeks & TDS, but in my opinion both could have been replaced by something longer with Glenn singing lead. :worried:

whitcap
07-24-2011, 07:02 PM
I heard Victim of Love on the radio a little while ago.

EagleLady
07-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Hotel California just came on my Internet Radio! :thumbsup:

Windeagle
08-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Yesterday while I was working at home, I put the iPod on shuffle for the first time with my new downloads. A song came on that I didn't immediately recognize, but was sure it sounded like something from Strange Weather - until I remembered that SW didn't make the download because I bought it too late.

When the vocal started, I realized the song was Last Good Time in Town. I was struck by the fact that even though it was a Joe song, I could hear Glenn's arranging fingerprints all over it. I was also amazed that I could pick that out, being relatively new to Glenn's solo stuff. His arranging style has worked its way into my brain that quickly.

sodascouts
08-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Interesting. It never really struck me that way, but I can see what you mean.

Troubadour
08-02-2011, 03:34 PM
I love it when I listen to a song without initially realising what it is, and hear it in a completely new way.

08-02-2011, 10:31 PM
I was also amazed that I could pick that out, being relatively new to Glenn's solo stuff. His arranging style has worked its way into my brain that quickly.

His style in general seems to have that effect on people! :grin:

Tori
08-04-2011, 05:49 PM
I heard Hotel California twice while on my way back from vacation. Once in the car, and once in a McDonald's... we stopped there for lunch and I heard it come on. Near the end of the song I went in the bathroom where I could hear it better and I was singing along... thank goodness no one else was in there. That would've been embarassing. :nahnah:

Henley Honey
08-04-2011, 06:09 PM
That's one of their best songs -- in my opinion.
If anyone looks at you sideways for singing out loud, do what I do -- sing LOUDER!! :hilarious:

whitcap
08-04-2011, 07:49 PM
I heard Already Gone on the radio earlier.

Koala
08-05-2011, 01:21 AM
The Long Run on the radio a few minutes ago!:thumbsup:

StephUK
08-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Yesterday afternoon I was browing the underwear in my local Debenhams store when they played 'The Heat is On'. Fancy listening to Glenn while chosing underwear!!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

08-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Oh - good grief, Steph. Don't get me started! :lol:

Brooke
08-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Too funny Steph! :hilarious:

EaglesKiwi
08-14-2011, 04:41 AM
I heard "Take It To The Limit" in the supermarket today. :thumbsup:

09-11-2011, 12:25 PM
I hadn't had time to post this before now, but several days ago there was a discussion in the Survivor game thread about Hotel California being to the Eagles what Stairway to Heaven is to Led Zepplin.

Well - a few minutes after reading this, I got in my car. I was driving along and was planning on popping Stevie Nicks' new CD into the player that Soda gave me in Niagara Falls. But when I took the CD out of the case, I dropped it and it went in between the seat where I couldn't get to it during my drive. So okay - what does this have to do with HC or STH?

Well, since I couldn't listen to the CD, I decided to listen to the radio, which is something I very rarely do. After only a couple of minutes, Stairway to Heaven started playing and then was immediately followed by Hotel California. After HC, the DJ said that these were two of the best rock and roll songs ever. Then he said that even though it might not be considered cool - that he would put Hotel California at the top of his list. I thought to myself - it's pretty cool to me - I'm with you dude! :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-11-2011, 12:53 PM
On the way home from church, on SiriusXM Classic Vinyl, I heard Fleetwood Mac/Rhiannon followed by James Gang/Walk Away. Very nice.

EaglesKiwi
09-18-2011, 04:14 AM
I heard Boys of Summer when I was in Kmart today... so I extended my visit by several minutes :)

VAisForEagleLovers
09-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Last evening at a local outdoor ice cream place, while eating some of the best chocolate peanut butter ice cream you'll ever find, I heard Take It Easy. As I glanced around, almost everyone was tapping their feet or singing along.

09-18-2011, 11:30 AM
Yep - VAisFEL an Eagles song will make everyone tap their feet and sing along just about everytime! :thumbsup:

Topkat
09-23-2011, 12:02 PM
This morning on NBC news they were doing a story on all the new "Unexpected" charges they put on hotel bills these days. Like the extras that used to be included, (like coffee & maid service, extra $10./day)

Anyway they stared the segment with "HOTEL CALIFORNIA"
Very cool to hear....

09-30-2011, 09:27 PM
This is cool, TK.

Last night I went out to dinner with my nieces and nephews. Just as the waiter came up to take our order, Take It To the Limit started playing. My 10-year old nephew told the waiter that he may have to come back because this was his aunt's favorite singers. I laughed and told him that maybe we should be polite and not keep the nice man waiting. My 6-year old niece then piped up and said, "Yeah, she can just play it in the car on her way home." I have my nieces and nephews so well trained. :wink:

StephUK
10-02-2011, 01:03 PM
When my friend and I were travelling between Don's Santa Barbara and San Diego shows, we were on an airport bus going between terminals and Desperado came on the bus radio! How cool was that? of course, we sang along with it!

Glennsallnighter
10-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Awwwww! How appropriate Steph!

TimothyBFan
10-03-2011, 07:17 AM
Hubby was barbecuing last night with the radio going and I was making the side dishes inside. I could vaguely hear the radio outside. Then I heard Dirty Laundry start up so ran out the back door. Hubby was standing by the grill watching the back door.... said he was gonna give me a second then was going to come get me. :hilarious:

Henley Honey
10-03-2011, 11:54 AM
What a sweetie! AND he cooks. Sounds like a keeper!

Waiting InTheWeeds
10-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Last evening at a local outdoor ice cream place, while eating some of the best chocolate peanut butter ice cream you'll ever find, I heard Take It Easy. As I glanced around, almost everyone was tapping their feet or singing along.

I wish this would happen to me ... *sigh*

ticky
10-13-2011, 11:32 PM
I was hanging out in the living room, playing on the computer and watching TV with the kids. Cliff was watching The Dukes of Hazard movie on his computer in the other room. All of the sudden I hear my cell phone ringing(Funk 49 intro..). I jump up and start looking for it, then I remember its in my purse in the family room AND it was dead. I am TOTALLY confused cuz I can STILL hear it, then I realize, its coming from Cliff's Movie!! DOH! Evidently they play Funk 49 in the movie *G* I knew there was SOMEthing good in there somewhere!

Glennsallnighter
10-14-2011, 06:47 AM
I guess they knew it was your Birthday Rhonda and wanted to surprise you!

EaglesKiwi
10-17-2011, 01:25 AM
We have just been on holiday to the very top of New Zealand - Cape Reinga - which could pretty much be described as the ends of the earth. It has an automated lighthouse, lots of bush and walking tracks, toilets - and that's IT. After a 4 hour drive to get there (from the Bay of Islands where we were holidaying) I jumped out of the car to hear surf, birds, and... New York Minute. A plumber had been called out to the site and his car radio was playing it. My whole family thought that was hilarious. :hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
10-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Not sure how unexpected it is to hear an Eagles song on the radio, but the song I heard was a surprise. I had it on Classic Vinyl on SiriusXM and they played James Dean. I haven't heard that on the radio in a very long time. When it was over, I switched to Classic Rewind and they were playing Joe's Life of Illusion, a double treat.

TimothyBFan
10-24-2011, 08:24 AM
VA---I love Classic Vinyl and Classic Rewind because we get soooo much Eagles and Eagles related music!!!

Had running to do all weekend and had my ipod plugged in in the car on shuffle. After one stop, when I started the car, Friday Night started up. After another stop later in the day, when I started the car, I had Compassion. The ipod obviously knew it was the anniversary of Expando. :thumbsup:

Koala
10-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Today when I went to the children's Gymnastics, I heard Part Of Me Part Of You on the radio!:grin:Of course I've heard the song to end before we went into the hall!

Topkat
10-28-2011, 11:47 AM
I heard Heart of the Matter the other day in a store. Had to just stop & listen,
I love that song:grin:

Shadowland07
10-28-2011, 02:10 PM
I was drivin my sister to work today and heard Glenn's "Smuggler's Blues" on the radio

Tori
10-31-2011, 07:39 PM
Just heard Life In The Fast Lane on the radio while driving home from the store with my mom. We turned it up and sang along all the way home, and it ended just as we pulled into the driveway. Perfect timing. :)

Henley Honey
10-31-2011, 08:19 PM
Love it!!! Sounds like you've got a great mom! Mine would have been yelling at me to turn it down! :roll:

Tori
10-31-2011, 08:34 PM
She's a huge Eagles fan also, so she would've turned it up if I hadn't first. :nahnah:

EaglesKiwi
11-01-2011, 04:28 AM
Watching a rerun of the Simpsons - Bart gets competition from a new cool/bad kid - and they played "New Kid In Town"

My 6 year old started singing it. :grin:

Prettymaid
11-01-2011, 07:16 AM
Raisin' em right, EK! :thumbsup:

11-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Well I went in a deli sandwich shop for lunch today and was very pleasantly surprised when Meadow's started playing. I don't think I ever remember hearing that played before. :yay: Joe!!!

And nice job with the 6 year old, EK! :thumbsup:

Brooke
11-04-2011, 10:28 AM
I was shopping in a dress shop last night and Part of Me, Part of You started playing. It made the trying on part much better!

Topkat
11-04-2011, 01:23 PM
"Desperado" was sung by one of the contestants on XFactor the other night. They mentioned that they had just gotten approval by the writers to use the song. I guess Simon gave them a call! A young girl Melanie sang it & it was pretty good, but not as great as the original!!

Prettymaid
11-04-2011, 09:02 PM
They're lucky they got that approval knowing how Don Henley feels about shows like X Factor.

Tori
11-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Heard Rocky Mountain Way on the radio today. Seems like I'm hearing lots of Eagles and solo songs on the radio lately! :)

Glennhoney
11-04-2011, 09:41 PM
I am presently watching the first season of "Brothers and Sisters" and on one of the episode tonight I heard "Heart of the matter" sung by a girl...I'll have to look it up and see who she is...did a great job...

Windeagle
12-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Long Road out of Eden got me through a nasty plane flight last night. I hate flying anyway because I get airsick and I had to fly from Baltimore home to NH in a raging storm. I plugged in the iPod, breathed, closed my eyes and hung onto every note and harmony so it could carry me through the ups and downs of the flight.

A couple of high points - going over a "wave" just as the line about the top of the ferris wheel played in "Waiting in the Weeds", and Joe's solo on "Long Road out of Eden" playing during the final approach to Manchester. The plane was lurching and pitching and it just fit the intensity of the solo. I felt like a fighter pilot, and best of all, I didn't get sick!

sodascouts
12-08-2011, 12:12 PM
That's pretty wild - bucking the airstream to the strains of Joe's LROOE guitar solo! That's intense alright!

It's funny how music can affect the way we even carry ourselves sometimes. When I came out of the Little Rock airport last weekend and realized it was pouring down rain and I had not brought a raincoat or umbrella, I started feeling kind of sorry for myself. Then, "Victim of Love" came on my iPod right as I started walking to the car, and I found myself straightening up and walking with purpose to that strong beat. It made me feel kind of bada$$, truth be told! Before I knew it, I was splashing through that flooded parking lot with a grin on my face, thinking 'What's a little rain to a tough girl like me?' ;)

12-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Love both of those stories, WE and Soda.

And so very true about the power of music!!!

Glennsallnighter
12-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Absolutely Dreamer.

Great stories Soda and WE. I too often put on some uplifting music when I'm tired or sluggish!

GlennLover
12-08-2011, 11:15 PM
I was shopping in Michael's Crafts the othe day & Please Come Home For Christmas started playing. It sure put me in the Christmas mood!

Windeagle
12-10-2011, 01:03 PM
I was shopping in Michael's Crafts the othe day & Please Come Home For Christmas started playing. It sure put me in the Christmas mood!

I heard the original version of that song for the very first time the other day. It was cool to be able to compare it with the Eagles version. They were pretty true to the original song, though of course I like our boys' version better. :)

Henleyfan
12-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Great stories WE and Soda. I run a global support team for an email marketing company and so this time of year is the busiest for us (yes we are to blame for all the retailers who have flooded your inbox this month!). Sometimes it gets to much for me and so will either but on an Eagles album or one of Don's albums. Everyone in the company knows to leave me alone if they walk up and I have my ear plugs on. It just calms me down so much and I can feel my blood pressure dropping. Sometimes it is so bad that someone will walk up and tell me to put Don on :-). I don't know what I would do without their music, or should I say I don't know what my team would do without their music :hilarious:

whitcap
12-11-2011, 06:52 PM
I got a new phone Friday and it came with a built in fm radio. I was testing the radio this morning and the first song I heard was Heartache Tonight :)

Koala
12-12-2011, 01:07 AM
Heard Please Come Home For Christmas on the radio at breakfast!:grooving:

Henleyfan
12-12-2011, 02:35 AM
Yesterday I was driving to pick up lunch and I was listening to Don sing One of These Nights. I paused the song so I could go in and pick up my lunch. When I went into the place none other than One of These Nights started playing on the radio. It was one of the few times I wasn't to concerned about the long line. :-)

VAisForEagleLovers
12-15-2011, 06:30 PM
I detest dentist offices and everything about them. But Please Come Home for Christmas came on and I was a happy camper!

Koala
12-16-2011, 01:07 AM
I detest dentist offices and everything about them. But Please Come Home for Christmas came on and I was a happy camper!
Thats cool!

VAisForEagleLovers
12-17-2011, 05:49 PM
It was a great trip into town to run some errands. I had Glenn's CD (The Allnighter) in the CD player, then switched to the bluetooth audio which is on shuffle and it played the Eagles on the first song. Then I got a phone call and the audio was too hard to do on the phone again, so I switched to SiriusXM Classic Rewind. The DJ promised an Eagles-influenced Seger song later, then played the Eagles. The Seger song was Fire Lake, and since it was the live version, it wasn't our guys on the background vocals, but I could pretend. Then I switched to Classic Vinyl and they were talking about the Jazz Festival in N.O. and who all would be playing it, including the Eagles. Then they played the Eagles. All in less than 45 minutes.

12-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Now - that's what I call a good day! :headbang:

Koala
12-20-2011, 01:24 AM
Yesterday I heard in the car on the way to the school christmas party, The Heat is On at the radio!

EaglesFanatic
12-25-2011, 10:52 PM
I heard Heartache Tonight on the radio, and the following song was Leather And Lace :thumbsup:

Tori
12-26-2011, 02:08 AM
Today at my family Christmas party, Please Come Home For Christmas came on the radio.

sodascouts
12-29-2011, 12:05 PM
I heard "Last Worthless Evening" in the car yesterday driving my dad to Chic-Fil-A to meet the kiddies for lunch. I couldn't help but sing along!

EaglesKiwi
12-30-2011, 05:58 AM
I heard "Long Road Out of Eden" coming out of my husband's man-cave yesterday! I was in the bedroom next door, very quietly smiling to myself.

VAisForEagleLovers
12-31-2011, 04:42 PM
I heard I Don't Want To Hear Any More while at the grocery store an hour or so ago.

Glennsallnighter
12-31-2011, 07:00 PM
Ok. This isn't exactly an Eagles or Solo song just yet. But it's worth mentioning.

I was in HMV earlier and I heard Caroline No playing as the background music. It brought me straight back to the theatre in Niagara Falls! Sounded very like Glenn :heart:'s version too.

GlennLover
01-01-2012, 09:12 PM
I heard 'How Long' while I was getting my lunch in Subway on Saturday. Made my meal that much more enjoyable!

EaglesKiwi
01-03-2012, 05:20 AM
Boys of Summer was playing on the neighbour's radio. (Drowned out the arguing - for once!).

Windeagle
01-03-2012, 05:55 PM
In honor of 2012, my husband decided to put together an "Armageddon" playlist (yeah, he's a little odd that way). On a whim, I suggested Glenn's "Brave New World." He liked it! I was surprised.

Prettymaid
01-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Our turntable and vinyl collection are downstairs in what Hubby likes to call "the man cave" and the other day while he was down there and I was upstairs I heard King of Hollywood. Sorry, I still don't like it very much, but had to smile as it played, knowing I would share it here!

01-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Lucky you, PM - as you know, I love King of Hollywood. But I got a treat of my own yesterday. I met my boss for lunch and while we were in the restaurant, New Kid In Town started playing. I guess the look of delight reminded my boss about what a big Eagles fan I am. We spent the next 10 minutes or so talking about some of my excellent Eagles adventures, so, all-in-all, a very good lunch I'd say! :thumbsup:

Tori
01-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Yesterday, I was in the car going to the grocery store with my mom. I noticed she had her LROOE CD in her car and that the first disc was missing. I asked her where it was, and she said "In the CD player." So we proceeded to jam out to How Long on the way to the grocery store. :-)

Henley Honey
01-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Your mother has excellent taste in music, Tori. You're very lucky. Some mother's would torture you with really bad '70's or 80's pop songs. I'd rather hear the wind!

Topkat
01-10-2012, 05:19 PM
The other night I watched "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". They had a band at a HS dance playing an Eagles song, I think it was Life in the Fast Lane, & they played Timothy's song, So Much in Love. Also there is a Jackson Browne song in the movie, Somebody's Baby. Fun memories from the crazy 80's!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-10-2012, 08:57 PM
This morning as I pulled out of the driveway to go to the office (I usually work at home, so having to go in was unexpected all by itself), SiriusXM played Witchy Woman. Then followed it up with Seger's Ramblin' Gamblin' Man (with Glenn singing background)! Then as I pulled into the drive way this evening, they played LITFL.

Brooke
01-11-2012, 04:12 PM
This morning I started the car to come to work and Dirty Laundry was playing. When it ended the dj came on and said "I wonder if Don Henley is a Tide man or goes for the Oxyclean?! Don Henley airing his Dirty Laundry!" :lol:

01-16-2012, 10:37 PM
I was in a store today and I heard Rose of Cimarron. Now, it may not be Eagles, so I started to put this in another thread, but I thought what the heck ... it's close enough for me! :grin:

WalshFan88
01-17-2012, 02:04 AM
I forgot to mention this the other day but seeing this thread pop up it reminded me - the other day when I was getting my blood drawn, Hotel California came on the sound system at the lab. Kind of brightened my day and definitely got my mind off of the test. I actually don't hear it often on the radio. I hear Already Gone, The Long Run, and Take It Easy a lot more, but I'm not complaining. I really love those too, especially AG.

01-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Well sadly, I had to attend a funeral today for a very dear high school friend. The memorial service was fun, laid back, and light-hearted, which was a very fitting tribute to him (CJ). There was only one song played in it's entirety during the service and it was Peaceful Easy Feeling. Now, I know it's not much of a funeral song, but it was perfect for my friend who was always a 70's hippie at heart. You can imagine how good I felt when I heard those opening chords and that gorgeous voice start to sing. It was CJ's favorite song and I thought to myself - now, I remember why I loved this guy so much. PEF, CJ.

I also thought of my mom when I heard it because PEF was her favorite Eagles song. We were going to play the song at her memorial service as well in a medley that we made with two of her other favorite songs. However, since her service was in the Catholic Church, the priest vetoed the medley as inappropriate so we used it for her memorial DVD instead.

GlennLover
01-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Austin, that has to be a good omen! That's too much of a coincidence!

Dreamer, my condolences on the loss of your friend. That was a lovely story about PEF.

Henley Honey
01-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Sorry about your friend, Dreamer. Isn't it just amazing how music always brings us together? Generation to generation. Celebrations to memorials. Common threads. Sounds like it was nice send off for CJ. I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

Glennsallnighter
01-21-2012, 07:32 PM
So true HH. Dreamer, my condolences on the loss of your friend too Dreamer. And I think PEF is very appropriate for a funeral service.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-21-2012, 10:37 PM
Dreamer, sorry about the loss of your friend. I agree with HH about music bringing people together. It's great that when you hear PEF, you'll remember the good things, good memories, of your mother and CJ. (Except when you hear it live and are too mesmerized by the singer to think of anything!)

Koala
01-22-2012, 01:52 AM
Dreamer,I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It is incredible how Music can connect and reminds us of other people.

EaglesKiwi
01-22-2012, 03:32 AM
Dreamer, sorry about the loss of your friend. I agree with HH about music bringing people together. It's great that when you hear PEF, you'll remember the good things, good memories, of your mother and CJ. (Except when you hear it live and are too mesmerized by the singer to think of anything!)
Well put, VA.

:hug: to you, Dreamer.

sodascouts
01-22-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Dreamer. How lovely that the Eagles music can give comfort at such a time.

01-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Awww - Thanks everyone for your kind words. I appreciate it very much. I alway knew that CJ had good taste, but I never knew PEF was his all-time favorite song until yesterday. :thumbsup: And, of course, I couldn't agree more with what everyone said about the power of music.

Windeagle
01-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Heard "Victim of Love" on my regular radio station tonight, which is odd because they never play the Eagles, let alone an album track that wasn't a hit.

I immediately came inside and checked "The Border" to make sure nobody died!

EaglesKiwi
01-23-2012, 01:22 AM
Heard "Victim of Love" on my regular radio station tonight, which is odd because they never play the Eagles, let alone an album track that wasn't a hit.

I immediately came inside and checked "The Border" to make sure nobody died!
Nope, just your lucky day Windeagle! :-)

Tori
01-23-2012, 03:43 PM
I heard End Of The Innocence today at the mall. My mom was about to go into a store where a different song was playing, so my sister and I hung out outside the store until the song ended.

Topkat
01-25-2012, 02:27 PM
This morning during the news broadcast, on comes Don's "Dirty Laundry" I think some scandal was the next story! LOL

TimothyBFan
02-19-2012, 02:59 PM
This one was a first for me..... Heard Rose Of Cimarron while doing the grocery shopping at Walmart today. Was standing at the deli and heard it start, I told the deli girl just a minute as I stepped back to hear better to make sure I was actually hearing what I thought I was. I'm sure she thought I was nuts. Made that mundane chore so much better. I never shop at Walmart for groceries but didn't feel like going all the way to my usual store to do it. Maybe I need to rethink this whole Walmart thing. :)

sodascouts
02-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Ever since the Eagles sold LROOE solely at Walmart, I have had an appreciation for it, lol.

Glennsallnighter
02-20-2012, 04:32 AM
It's not unusual for my local radio station to play Eagles songs regularly and they also throw in occasional Glenn:heart: and Don solos. But this morning I'm lying in bed (in my oversize GF t-shirt) when the DJ says 'something from the Eagles after the break'. So a few minutes later I'm listening to NMCD. But then immediately following he plays POMPOY! Two songs with Glenn :heart: on lead vocals one after the other..... A rare treat! :inlove:
Oh and I still managed to up and made it to work on time

02-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Wow - this is cool ... I got a double today as well. I went to get a pedicure this afternoon and Leather and Lace started playing in the salon. About 15 minutes later, I could hardly believe it when You Belong To the City came on. I thought maybe Glenn was trying to thank me for pushing so hard for it in the Survivor game. :lol:

GlennLover
02-20-2012, 11:16 PM
LOL, Dreamer! Maybe so :lol:!

Windeagle
02-22-2012, 04:30 PM
I LOVE the radio station I stream at work. They usually have a pretty eclectic mix that leans toward blues and they just played the live version of Henley's "Come Rain or Come Shine." I've never heard the song before. What a treat!

sodascouts
02-22-2012, 06:42 PM
How cool! I adore that version!

I'm gonna love you like nobody's loved you... come rain or come shine...

So romantic! :smitten:

Tori
02-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Today, I was getting in the car to go to school and as usual, I was very tired. But as soon as my mom started the car, I heard Walkaway Joe come on the radio and I practically yelled "Oh my God, Don Henley's in this song!" My mom was pleasantly surprised because she didn't know that he did backing vocals for that song. So that was a nice way to start my morning.

sodascouts
02-24-2012, 12:36 AM
Ah yes - I want a Walkaway Joe to start my day off, too. ;)

Topkat
02-28-2012, 12:49 PM
This morning on the news they were doing a segment on the Indie 500 race & they played "Life in the Fast Lane"! :grooving:

TimothyBFan
03-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Just sat down here to go online, next to the Sirius radio that's always playing but I have turned down low this morning due to being on the phone. Listening to The Bridge station and realized as I sat down they are playing Saturday Night!!!! WOW---Don't get to hear that on the radio every day.

sodascouts
03-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Very cool! Definitely a deep cut.

Topkat
03-08-2012, 04:25 PM
This morning I woke up to the newscaster playing "Take It To The Limit" and wishing Randy Meisner a Happy Birthday!!! How nice of them!:thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
03-15-2012, 07:17 PM
Just finishing up making dinner and we are eating out on the patio again tonight. Larry went out first and then yelled to hurry up. Listening to The Drive out of Chicago on the radio and Witchy Woman was playing. He told me it would get better. They are the featured artist of the night till after 11 (midnight my time) when they play a whole album. Right after WW they played.... are you ready for it?...... CHUG ALL NIGHT!!! Now when's the last time you heard THAT on the radio? Off and on all night, they will play a couple from them and it's usually some obscure stuff you don't always here. I'm hoping we don't get rained out here or mosquitoed out so I can listen to some more of it. Won't stay up till midnight but still.....

sodascouts
03-16-2012, 12:03 AM
Awesome!!!!!

Come on, Willie, you can't chug all the way 'til midnight for the Eagles? ;)

VAisForEagleLovers
03-20-2012, 07:36 PM
In an advertisement for NFL Blitz on SiriusXM, they were talking up the signing of Peyton Manning by the Denver Broncos, and the background music was Joe's Rocky Mountain Way.

03-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Perfect choice!!! :thumbsup: