PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming of the Eagles

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Lisa
12-20-2011, 10:08 PM
It does sound dire.
I'm sure that you'll see Glenn again; even if the Eagles played their final tour--they'd all (maybe) go onstage solo on occasion!

Prettymaid
12-20-2011, 11:56 PM
I hope he'll stay and watch TV with me, but I don't ask him to do so - I want to be as low-maintenance a guest as possible. I figure, if I'm not a bother, he might invite me back again sometime! Otherwise, I know I'll probably never see him again.

A dream expert would be chomping at the bit to analyze this part!

Mrs Frey
12-22-2011, 06:37 AM
I had one but I don't think most people will be impressed by it, although there were a couple of nice moments. It is not romantic - mine never are.

I was at Soda's university and Glenn was doing some workshops with students about music theory & media studies (obviously the NYU thing has been in my mind). He was asked to do role plays with some of the students and as usual turned on the charm. He was wearing a tie & a black & white striped sweater. He looked very nice. But Soda & I were just observers & didn't get to talk to him (I am sure if I hadn't been there Soda would have talked to him). Anyway it all ended up in confusion. We were in a gym so had to take our shoes off. I couldn't find mine; they were blue sandals. I searched through every blue shoe in the gym & never found a pair; anyway someone gave me shoes & I went to catch a plane. :unimpressed:

I told you it wasn't very interesting.

:lol: I'm sorry, FP, I found that very funny! The shoe and plane parts take the cake! :rofl:

Mrs Frey
12-22-2011, 06:47 AM
Here's a dream I had a little bit ago but didn't have a chance to post until now.

In the dream, I'm sitting at a picnic table with the Eagles, all looking as they did in Las Vegas, and Irving Azoff. Glenn is across from me and Don and Irving are on either side of me. Everyone seems tense and is eating in silence. I feel like I shouldn't be there.

Suddenly Glenn says to me, "You're upset." Everyone turns to look at me.

I say, "No! I'm not upset! I'm happy to be here!"

He replies, "OK, you're worried."

"Yes, I guess I'm kind of worried," I reply. I feel anxious, like I know something bad is about to happen - I just don't know what.

"You'll be upset when you hear what I have to say..." he begins, and suddenly I know that he's about to announce the end of the Eagles.

I don't want him to feel bad, so I quickly say before he can continue, "Don't worry, I won't be upset if I can't see you in concert. I can always call you if I want to say hi." In the dream, this seems perfectly reasonable!

"What are you talking about?" Don asks, looking from me to Glenn.

"The Eagles are over," Glenn says in a tight voice, then gets up abruptly and leaves.

"I knew it!" Don cries. "I knew he would do this!" He looks at me crossly. "The picnic is ruined!"

I look down the table at Joe and Tim. Tim looks depressed. Joe is frozen mid-bite, eating something that looks like chicken salad.

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I went to see them in Las Vegas since it turns out that will be their last show ever! I think, but don't say anything. I mean, what can I say, really? They seem to have forgotten I'm there anyway. Irving is talking across me to Don.

"Don't worry, Don, everything will be OK," he says soothingly. "I'll talk to him."

"I knew he would do this," Don repeats, but he seems calmer.

Glenn is out of sight now. I wonder if he's gone home.

Suddenly, I'm in a big, old-fashioned, Victorian house - in my dream, it's Glenn's house. I'm at the top of a staircase on the second floor. I start walking down the staircase and I meet Glenn, who is on the way up. "Just make yourself at home," he tells me as he passes me on the stairs, barely giving me a second look.

Obviously, it's up to me to entertain myself, but I don't have a problem with that. I just feel lucky to be there! I go downstairs to the den and there is a big TV playing what appears to be an educational program. I sit down on the couch but I'm not really interested; I'm too busy thinking about the big announcement Glenn made.

I hear the TV ask, "What do we call a dinosaur who just eats plants?" I ignore it. The TV says, "If you're not going to answer the question, then I'll mute myself."

Amazed, I think, Wow, Glenn's TV is so high tech it can talk to you! I reply, "I'm sorry, it's not that your program isn't interesting, it's just that I was thinking of something else..."

The TV, displeased, turns itself off despite my attempt at an apology. Bored and thirsty, I get off the couch and go into the kitchen. No one is around, and Glenn did tell me to make myself at home after all, so I go to his refrigerator and pull out a Coke. I decide to go back upstairs and find my room. On the way up the stairs I meet Glenn again, who is now coming back down. This time he pauses. He sees me with the Coke. "I see you found the kitchen."

"Yes," I reply, a little sheepishly.

"Do you want to watch TV?" he asks.

"Well, I watched it for a while, but then when I didn't answer its questions, it turned itself off," I answer. "You see, it was showing this educational program..."

"Don't worry. I'll go turn it back on and you can watch whatever you want," Glenn says. He continues down the stairs and I turn around to follow him down. I hope he'll stay and watch TV with me, but I don't ask him to do so - I want to be as low-maintenance a guest as possible. I figure, if I'm not a bother, he might invite me back again sometime! Otherwise, I know I'll probably never see him again.

On that rather sobering note, I woke up!

Don: "The picnic is ruined!"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Your dream made my day, Soda! In spite of Glenn's rather unfortunate announcement, it's still a scream! Glenn :heart: seems to have thrown a temper tantrum there!

Mrs Frey
01-03-2012, 06:59 AM
I can't remember ever having posted in this thread before, because I hardly ever dream, but I actually dreamed of an Eagle over the weekend. And no, it wasn't Glenn :heart: :wink:.

Just to prepare you, the dream doesn't make much sense - frankly, it's weird, but here goes, anyway:

The details are vague, but I recall that I was sitting on a bus, and I spotted Don Henley on the bus with me. He wasn't sitting anywhere near me.

Suddenly, I was in a room - possibly a hotel room. Then I saw Don opening the door and entering my room. He was smiling and pleasant. He was carrying a book with him, which I realised later was some kind of note book. He sat at the edge of my bed with his back to me, looking at his notes in the book. I was feeling frisky (:blush:), so I crept up close to him from behind and put my arms around him. He looked over his shoulder, smiled only slightly and said coolly, "I'm reading".

Alrighty, then. :blush: :scowl:

Then I was in a large room with lots of people - possibly a restaurant. I was sitting on my own, when suddenly Don walked past me. He acknowledged my presence by smiling and making a fist to knock my fist in a friendly gesture (in other words, a fist high-five - what does one call that?).

Then I woke up.

:headscratch::headscratch::headscratch:

What does it all mean? :crazy:

Don turned me down! :weep:

:wink:

Your thoughts are welcome.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-03-2012, 01:00 PM
:hmm: - Must've been your name ... guess he figured he'd better not mess with Mrs. Frey! :lol:

Prettymaid
01-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Lol Dreamer!

Sorry Mrs. F, we can't tell you what they mean - we just enjoy reading them! :lol:

Mrs Frey
01-04-2012, 03:25 AM
Dreamer! :rofl: You are so funny!

PM, thank you! At least you got a laugh out of it! :D

TimothyBFan
01-05-2012, 10:15 AM
I sleep only a couple hours at a time and very lightly. I get up with hubby at 4 am to see him off to work and then usually lay back down for about an hour and doze till my alarm goes off. This morning I fell into a very deep sleep probably only a few minutes before the alarm was to go off, and had a dream that was then interrupted by the alarm.

In the dream I was speaking to someone and told them I would call just to check to make sure it was set. I was then on the phone and told the person on the other end that I was trying to reach Tim Schmit (strange since I always call him Timothy, not Tim). I was told he wasn't available and that it was his assistant, Julie (what a sweetie!). So I identified myself and asked if I could leave a message for him to call me back about the charity event he was due to attend.

That's when the alarm went off. Not much there but it was very vivid.

sodascouts
01-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Interesting dreams. As PM says, whether they're completely bizarre, a bit more realistic, or somewhere in between, we love reading them!

Glennsallnighter
01-05-2012, 08:28 PM
We do indeed! MF, I'm glad you had an Eagles dream cos I remember you telling me once that you never dreamed of Glenn :heart: or the Eagles.

I had a strange dream the other night involving Glenn :heart:. I say strange because it had nothing to do with the Eagles or music at all. I dreamed that I was at a house party that he was holding. It was afternoon and his kids and my kids and loads of other people were there. For some reason Deacon had taken a shine to Chris and had him under his wing! Anyway Glenn :heart: was sitting on a sofa and I was sitting on a chair near him and we were chatting. Can't remember what about. But it felt very real, and very 'in the moment'. It seemed very vivid as dreams go. Anyway at one stage I remember thinking 'I can't believe that this guy is so famous and yet so down to earth' and also thinking that I wasn't dreaming. I was really there (lol). It FELT so real. Then I wondered to myself while he was talking would he mind if somebody took our pic together. Unfortunately after that the dream sort of dissolved around me........

Mrs Frey
01-06-2012, 01:51 AM
Oh no, GA! Now we'll never know whether or not Glenn :heart: would have had his picture taken with you. :wink:

TBF, interesting dream. Now we'll never know if "Tim" would have returned your call! :wink: :lol:

Prettymaid
01-11-2012, 10:12 AM
These are great! I recently bought a new pillow, so maybe I'll sleep better and dream more! :lol:

Mrs Frey
01-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Be sure to let us know when you do, PM! :wink:

sodascouts
01-12-2012, 01:41 PM
I haven't had one for a few weeks. Maybe I need a new pillow, too!

Glennsallnighter
01-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Oh cool! I've just gotten 2 new pillows. Who knows what I may dream.....

The other night I dreamed that Glenn :heart: had scheduled a solo show for 30 March. Very convenient as we'd be off for Easter Holidays. Then I woke up. I went straight to the Border to see if it might be some sort of psychic episode.... but of course with them playing in SA the following week it was never going to happen.... :nope:

sodascouts
01-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Aw, too bad! However, I'm hoping if Glenn's album comes out in the next few months, he'll at least do a few shows... and barring an absolutely immovable barrier, I'll be there!!

EaglesKiwi
01-14-2012, 05:12 AM
Aw, too bad! However, I'm hoping if Glenn's album comes out in the next few months, he'll at least do a few shows... and barring an absolutely immovable barrier, I'll be there!!
Fingers crossed the album is out SOON. February is next month!

I had a dream the other night, but don't remember anything about it :shrug::roll: - except that for some reason I had Don's hands on my waist. :heybaby:

EaglesFanatic
01-14-2012, 01:10 PM
I had a little Eagley dream last night. I was at one of their concerts in the 70s, and they were all sitting on stools at the front of the stage. The only ones I could clearly recognize from my dream were Randy, Don H., and Glenn. Randy was sitting on Don's lap for some reason... Before they began playing, Glenn gave an introduction along the lines of, "the only one who can still sing with soul is Randy!" And then they start to play Desperado, but all three of them were singing, not just Don. :shrug:

01-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Well EK - if you can only remember one thing - having Don's hands on your waist ain't too bad of a memory! :drool:

And EF - your dreaming is ummm ... interesting! :lol:

sodascouts
01-14-2012, 01:49 PM
EK - I agree with Dreamer; sounds like you retained the best part!

EF - Sounds like a "love on Randy" dream - not only does he complimented, he gets cradled in Don's lap! ;)

Topkat
01-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Quote from EaglesFanatic:

Randy was sitting on Don's lap for some reason... Before they began playing, Glenn gave an introduction along the lines of, "the only one who can still sing with soul is Randy!" And then they start to play Desperado, but all three of them were singing, not just Don.

WAIT a second here....Randy was sitting on Don's lap????...Now that must have been some weird Eagles concert you were at!!:shrug:

Prettymaid
01-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Randy was sitting on Don's lap for some reason...

:rofl:Sorry.....the visual is making me LMAO!!!

TimothyBFan
01-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Randy was sitting on Don's lap for some reason..

I'm picturing this as they're doing some kind of ventriloquist act. "And now Randy will sing Take It To The Limit while drinking a glass of water..." :laugh:

Mrs Frey
01-17-2012, 11:36 AM
I see I've missed a few entertaining dreams here!

Aww, GA, what a pity your bubble was burst in that way when you woke up! Glenn :heart: would have had to clone himself! :lol:

EK - Don's hands on your waist? You got luckier than I did in my dream! :lol:

EF - Randy on Don's lap? Hilarious! :rofl:

No more dreams to report on this side, unfortunately. :shrug:

sodascouts
01-23-2012, 03:29 PM
I finally had another Eagles dream!

This one was weird (big surprise there, huh). I dreamed the dates from Jazz Fest were up. I'm so excited and I post it here. Then, I go back to the site and the date is gone. I'm so confused - I keep refreshing and sometimes it is there, sometimes not. I don't know what to do, but I'm afraid I have put up the wrong date and everyone will think I am crazy! Some part of me was going "No - wait - the days haven't been posted yet" while the other part was going "No - they have! You saw them!"

Before I can figure out what's going on, the scene changes to the outdoors and Glenn is in a sweatsuit. We're on a track and he's about to take a run. I ask to join him and he says "OK" but when we start, he quickly outruns me. "Man!" I pout, all huffing and puffing. "I suck at running! Dude is 60 and he leaves me in the dust!" Oh well, I figure, he'll have to come back around sometime and I'll run with him then - for as long as I can! When he comes back around, though, he's dressed in a white suit like he used to for his mid-80s shows and he is drenched in sweat with his shirt hanging open. He runs right by me and all I can do is just stare. After that, Demi Moore comes by and says "Hey, Nancy, that's OK. Just run with me." (Don't ask why she was in this dream; I have no idea!)

Then the scene changes again and no more Glenn. I am in a dorm room with Demi; she and I are roommates and she is telling me about breaking up with Ashton and how he is a big jerk.

Bizarre!!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-23-2012, 03:39 PM
I finally had another Eagles dream!

This one was weird (big surprise there, huh). I dreamed the dates from Jazz Fest were up. The Eagles are playing Sunday! I'm so excited and I post it here. Then, I go back to the site and the date is gone. I'm so confused - I keep refreshing and sometimes it is there, sometimes not. I don't know what to do, but I'm afraid I have put up the wrong date and everyone will think I am crazy! Some part of me was going "No - wait - the days haven't been posted yet" while the other part was going "No - they have! You saw them!"

Before I can figure out what's going on, the scene changes to the outdoors and Glenn is in a sweatsuit. We're on a track and he's about to take a run. I ask to join him and he says "OK" but when we start, he quickly outruns me. "Man!" I pout, all huffing and puffing. "I suck at running! Dude is 60 and he leaves me in the dust!" Oh well, I figure, he'll have to come back around sometime and I'll run with him then - for as long as I can! When he comes back around, though, he's dressed in a white suit like he used to for his mid-80s shows and he is drenched in sweat with his shirt hanging open. He runs right by me and all I can do is just stare. After that, Demi Moore comes by and says "Hey, Nancy, that's OK. Just run with me." (Don't ask why she was in this dream; I have no idea!)

Then the scene changes again and no more Glenn. I am in a dorm room with Demi; she and I are roommates and she is telling me about breaking up with Ashton and how he is a big jerk.

Bizarre!!!!

Glenn is in a white suit, all sweaty, and you start dreaming about Demi Moore? Are you feelin' OK? Really?

sodascouts
01-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Shoot, when you put it that way.... that is disappointing! Maybe my subconscious was trying to distract me from thinking bad thoughts. lol

Topkat
01-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Soda, that dream was a riot. Too bad you can't go back into the dream, with another ending; like rooming with Glenn instead of Demi :lol:

Lisa
01-23-2012, 07:59 PM
"Chariots of Fire" meets a bad James Bond movie?

sodascouts
01-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Topkat - I know!

Lisa - LOL!

EaglesKiwi
01-25-2012, 05:17 AM
When he comes back around, though, he's dressed in a white suit like he used to for his mid-80s shows and he is drenched in sweat with his shirt hanging open. He runs right by me and all I can do is just stare.
Completely understandable! Besides, hopefully that made a durable "memory photograph" :spin::D

Mrs Frey
01-25-2012, 06:18 AM
Soda - Glenn :heart: in a white suit with his shirt hanging open??? :spin: And you didn't attack him right there and then????? Serves you right that he left you with Demi Moore! ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

sodascouts
01-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Another weird thing - I don't even really like Demi Moore's acting all that much!

Topkat
01-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Soda, Looks like Demi is heading for rehab....You don't want to be rooming with her there??? Maybe you can catch up with Glenn! Keep running!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-25-2012, 09:09 PM
Soda, Looks like Demi is heading for rehab....You don't want to be rooming with her there??? Maybe you can catch up with Glenn! Keep running!

TK, I thought about Soda when I heard this bit of news last evening too!

sodascouts
01-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Well my dry spell has surely been ended because I had yet another dream last night. I blame this one on Dreamer since we had talked right before bed!

In this dream, everyone I have ever gone to a concert with (not only Eagles but also some Fleetwood Mac friends and my sisters) has gathered together with me to see a Glenn Frey show at a theater at Texas A&M University. The show is general admission and we all arrived early and have waited several hours so we can be at the front.

A play begins. I wonder what part Glenn will play. They ask for audience participation for one scene and I volunteer. I play someone who gets murdered in bed. As I 'play dead' after my pretend stabbing, my face is turned away from the audience, and I try to peek around subtly to see if Glenn is backstage. He is nowhere to be found. I get "carried off" and once I'm offstage, I again peek around - no Glenn. I think with disappointment that his part must be very small, as the play is almost over and he still has not come out.

I rejoin the group. Everyone is telling me I did very well, but they are all looking for Glenn... and the play ends. He hasn't come out.

Everyone is looking at me. "You said he would be here." GA, FP, and Troub have flown in from far away. I stammer that I'd read he would be here, and I don't understand what happened.

At that point, my Fleetwood Mac friend Kristin says "Maybe he's at the other venue."

"Other venue?" I say hopefully. At least we'll all get to see him if he's there. En masse, we walk across the campus, which in my dream is a very long journey through several fields, and we approach another theater.

I say a quick prayer that he will be there. As we approach, I see Will Hollis and Michael Thompson walking in. I'm hugely relieved! All our problems are solved! Glenn IS playing here! I haven't let everybody down!

Except... there's another problem. When we get inside, the place is packed. We won't even be able to sit together, much less be at the front.

"If you'd gotten the venue right, we'd have been at the front instead of wasting all day waiting at the other theater," someone says.

"I'm sorry," I reply unhappily.

As we talk, I think I see Glenn at the back. "Is that Glenn over there?" I ask. We all hurry back there but he's not here.

I apologize once again and we all scatter as the lights dim and the show starts. Glenn comes out onstage and starts performing. I keep an eye out for empty seats and, gradually, am able to find out about ten rows from the front. Lucky me! Glenn sees me and, in between songs, asks me how I'm doing. I tell him about our misadventure and he feels sorry for me. Then he sits at the piano to play something. Before he starts, he looks over his shoulder and says, "Stop looking at me like I'm your dad. See me as a man, not a father figure."

I'm like "What? What do you mean? I've never acted like you were my dad!" I'm completely bewildered, but it's too late to say anything now - he's turned around and begun the next song and doesn't address me again for the rest of the show.

Suddenly, our group is in a classroom. This seems perfectly normal. "Hey, did any of you hear me say anything about Glenn being like a father figure to me? Because I don't think I ever said that, but he acts like I did!"

"What are you talking about?" Willie asks. Nobody else remembers Glenn talking to me either. I wonder what's going on.

A guy who looks like Anthony Michael Hall appears and he's talking on the phone.

"Who are you talking to?" I ask.

"I called Glenn to ask him why he said that to you," the guy says.

"OH MY GOSH! YOU DID NOT!" I am so mortified! What would Glenn think? I try to grab the phone but the guy turns around and I can't reach it.

"You disgust me," he says into the phone. To me, he says, "It's not even Frey, it's some other guy."

"Thank God," I mutter and grab the phone away. "But you don't have to be rude to the person! Let me talk to him." The guy hands me the phone but all I hear is a dial tone.

Dreamer and PLS look at me. "How did he get Glenn's number?"

"I don't know!" I cry.

"Glenn told me," the guy says. "But he lied! It wasn't his number!"

"Good," I snap. "I cannot believe you would try to call him and ask him about me! Oh my gosh!"

"Well, I don't even think he talked to you. I think you're making it all up," the guy says.

I look over at the rest of the group and they're all looking at me dubiously. "It DID happen!" I insist. "It DID!" and then I pause. What if I DID imagine it? "Unless I'm crazy!" I start panicking.

Then, a voice comes over the school's loudspeaker. It's Glenn! "You're not crazy." The loudspeaker shuts off.

"You guys DID hear that, right?" I ask everyone.

Then I woke up! Honestly, this dream kind of sucked, but I thought I'd share it since it was an Eagles dream after all!

Freypower
01-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Good grief, Soda, I was about to say how honoured I was to be in your dream, but....!!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Soda, I jump into this thread when I see you're the last one to post in it!

Henley Honey
01-29-2012, 08:33 PM
They just keep getting better and better, Soda.

"See me as a man, not a father figure". No problem. No problem at all.

If I were you I'd go to bed early in hopes of having another dream.

GlennLover
01-29-2012, 09:14 PM
LOL! Yep, there's no way that I see him as a father figure!!! :smokin: :smitten:

sodascouts
01-29-2012, 09:26 PM
I know! In the dream, I'm like, "When did I say that?!" lol

EaglesKiwi
01-30-2012, 04:48 AM
I think you are LONG overdue for a happy, relaxed, everything-goes-right Eagles dream, Soda!

01-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Oh wow - I don't know what to say, Soda. Man - I can't believe I get the blame for that one. I would have never given that guy Glenn's phone number! :rofl:

Glennsallnighter
01-30-2012, 12:52 PM
OMG Soda! That was a VERY confusing dream! Still I'm glad I was part of it! Maybe though part of it will come true and we will all fly in to see Glenn :heart: again.

Last night I was dreaming that Troub and myself were in America together. I think she was there ahead of me because she was meeting me at the airport

sodascouts
01-30-2012, 03:14 PM
There must be international dreaming in the air! ;)

As for my bizarre dream, it is exactly the opposite of what would happen. Glenn has always been very paternal towards me. When he asked me about my dissertation and I mumbled, "It's coming" (at the time I was behind in my timeline and didn't want to think about it, lol) he said I sounded like his daughter with her homework. At one point he even referred to himself as "Uncle Glenn." As always, my dreams veer far from realism!

I think you are LONG overdue for a happy, relaxed, everything-goes-right Eagles dream, Soda!

Those are few and far between, unfortunately!

Windeagle
02-06-2012, 06:51 AM
I had a Glenn dream just now! I was at an outdoor strip mall with a good friend who I think was Soda, even though I've never met her. There was a talk show filming in the courtyard. As we walked around the perimeter, we were talking and not paying much attention until I heard the host say, "We have the cast of the new movie 'Butterflies Are Free' starring (mumbled words) and Jackson Browne".

We didn't hear the mumbled name but I stopped Soda and said, "Wait! We have to see this. Isn't that Glenn's new movie?". Now I should have known right here that this was a dream because I had info on Glenn that Soda didn't. She was skeptical, but we stopped to watch.

After a segment of opening talk-show patter that was too inane to describe here, they showed a clip from the movie. Sure enough, it was Glenn and he was playing a small-town cop who was up against an obsessive psychopath, presumably played by Jackson, though he wasn't in this scene. Instead, it was a breakfast scene with this adorable little boy who looked vaguely like Otis. Glenn (it was South of Sunset-era Glenn) was in his khaki-colored police uniform at the table saying something fatherly to the kid while buttering toast. The kid came back with some precocious movie-kid response that stopped Glenn cold. "Eat your oatmeal," he replied with fatherly exasperation and the scene ended.

I woke up before the talk-show host brought Glenn out for an interview, unfortunately, but I somehow knew that in the movie, the psychopath, after targeting other victims, was going to set his sights on the kid and there would be the climactic scene where Glenn and Jackson would confront each other, Glenn would take him out and save the kid and live happily ever after. Now I want to see this movie!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-06-2012, 10:20 AM
WE, maybe you should write the movie and make big $$! Great dream, so cute with the 'eat your oatmeal.'

TimothyBFan
02-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Now I should have known right here that this was a dream because I had info on Glenn that Soda didn't.!

:lol: Isn't that the truth!!!

sodascouts
02-06-2012, 12:22 PM
I had a Glenn dream just now! I was at an outdoor strip mall with a good friend who I think was Soda, even though I've never met her. There was a talk show filming in the courtyard. As we walked around the perimeter, we were talking and not paying much attention until I heard the host say, "We have the cast of the new movie 'Butterflies Are Free' starring (mumbled words) and Jackson Browne".

We didn't hear the mumbled name but I stopped Soda and said, "Wait! We have to see this. Isn't that Glenn's new movie?". Now I should have known right here that this was a dream because I had info on Glenn that Soda didn't. She was skeptical, but we stopped to watch.

After a segment of opening talk-show patter that was too inane to describe here, they showed a clip from the movie. Sure enough, it was Glenn and he was playing a small-town cop who was up against an obsessive psychopath, presumably played by Jackson, though he wasn't in this scene. Instead, it was a breakfast scene with this adorable little boy who looked vaguely like Otis. Glenn (it was South of Sunset-era Glenn) was in his khaki-colored police uniform at the table saying something fatherly to the kid while buttering toast. The kid came back with some precocious movie-kid response that stopped Glenn cold. "Eat your oatmeal," he replied with fatherly exasperation and the scene ended.

I woke up before the talk-show host brought Glenn out for an interview, unfortunately, but I somehow knew that in the movie, the psychopath, after targeting other victims, was going to set his sights on the kid and there would be the climactic scene where Glenn and Jackson would confront each other, Glenn would take him out and save the kid and live happily ever after. Now I want to see this movie!

This is great! Love it! And I'm not just saying that because I'm in it. ;)

Brooke
02-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Too funny!

Yep, you shoulda known! :lol:

GlennLover
02-07-2012, 01:56 PM
I want to see that movie too!

Brooke
02-07-2012, 02:23 PM
GL, awwwwww, how cute!

sodascouts
02-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Well, I actually had a pleasant Eagles dream last night! Maybe it's because yesterday was the anniversary of our ride with Glenn in Pebble Beach in 2008.

Last night, I dreamt that the Eagles were doing several events in California. Not concerts, events.... fancy dinners, ceremonies, celebrations.

I'm in California for some reason at the time and I wish I can go to one of them, but I could only go as a photographer covering the event, and that doesn't sound very appealing. In fact, it has the potential to be kind of embarrassing if I appear to be an annoying "paparazzi."

However, I decide to try it anyway. The first event is a fancy dinner, with lots of tables filled with VIPs. I get dressed to the nines in a formal gown and I get in line with the photographers who are about to be let in to a press area.

At that point, Glenn, who is walking into the dinner looking dapper in a tuxedo, comes by and sees me. As he walks by, he says, "Nancy, get out of that line. There's a ticket for you in the box office!" He smiles at me but doesn't actually stop walking so before I can thank him, he's already gone past me and headed into the dinner.

I'm delighted! I go over to the box office and give them my name. The lady at the box office prints off gives a long list of all the Eagles events, all of which say variations of "VIP" on them. (Like VIP, VIP Regular, VIP Exclusive, etc). They all have prices next to them.

Shoot, I thought the ticket would be free, I think, but them I remind myself that I'm lucky to have an opportunity to buy one. I look at the list, and to my surprise, the prices beside them are comparatively low - $99 each. I figure what Glenn has done has allowed me to buy tickets and include me on a special discount.

That's good enough for me! I get out my VISA card. "I'll buy a ticket."

"No, you don't have to pay anything. The money has been provided by Don Henley," the lady says.

"Don't you mean Glenn Frey?" I ask.

The lady shrugs. "It says 'Don Henley' here."

I'm confused and not sure what to make of that, but I'm not going to argue! I'm only too happy to put away my card and take the free ticket.

But it gets even better! The lady, looking rather bored (she doesn't seem too impressed with me) shoves an envelope towards me. When I look in the envelope, there is a ticket to every event!

I can barely conceal my excitement at this. I suppress the urge to squee and move away from the window, absolutely thrilled.

Then it's time to go in. I walk in and everything is white and gold - white walls, white tablecloths with gold trim, white plates with gold trim, so on and so on. This is obviously really high end. I realize that everyone else must be a real VIP and very wealthy. Where do I fit in? I stand off to the side and wonder what I should do now. Once again, Glenn sees me and comes over. "You can sit with my friends," he says kindly. I feel immense relief. I will repress my fangirl tendencies and play it cool with his friends so as not to embarrass him. I feel confident that I can do this successfully. It's all going to be OK!

Then I woke up - happy! Imagine that!

Brooke
02-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Hmmmmm, I'm thinking that that repressed Don love could be coming to the surface! :lol:

I won't tell Glenn. :ziplip:

Windeagle
02-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Very cool dream, Soda!

GlennLover
02-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Soda, you have such imagination, even in your dreams!

Maleah
02-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Hmmmmm, I'm thinking that that repressed Don love could be coming to the surface! :lol:

I won't tell Glenn. :ziplip:

:hilarious: :hilarious: Uh oh! I'll be waiting on an exciting Don dream from you now Soda ;)

sodascouts
02-08-2012, 03:12 AM
I had a quasi-sexy dream about Don once, way back in 2009!

You know that boat photo of the Eagles in 1975 where Don is wearing tight jeans and a denim top that's hanging open? In my dream, he was wearing that while going down a waterslide - so to add to the hotness he was soaking wet, water running down his bare chest, all that jazz, lol.

In my dream, he landed in the pool at the bottom of the slide, got disoriented and almost drowned. I jumped in to rescue him and dragged him over to the waterslide's entrance, went up it with him, then rode down the slide with him in my lap, holding him tightly as he leaned back against me with his body in between my legs.

I had that dream over two years ago and the memory is still vivid, lol.

(BTW, for those that don't get Brooke's "suppressed Don love" reference, when I first got into the Eagles fandom Don was my favorite. I had just seen him perform with Stevie Nicks and he blew my socks off!)

EaglesKiwi
02-08-2012, 04:32 AM
Those are few and far between, unfortunately!
Well, that last one sounded pretty darn good to me!! In fact, I'm really not sure how it could have been better (without turning into one of THOSE dreams!). Tickets to EVERY one of those events? Heck, even HAVING all those events!!

Once again, Glenn sees me and comes over. "You can sit with my friends," he says kindly. I feel immense relief. I will repress my fangirl tendencies and play it cool with his friends so as not to embarrass him. I feel confident that I can do this successfully. It's all going to be OK!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Mrs Frey
02-08-2012, 06:26 AM
Well my dry spell has surely been ended because I had yet another dream last night. I blame this one on Dreamer since we had talked right before bed!

In this dream, everyone I have ever gone to a concert with (not only Eagles but also some Fleetwood Mac friends and my sisters) has gathered together with me to see a Glenn Frey show at a theater at Texas A&M University. The show is general admission and we all arrived early and have waited several hours so we can be at the front.

A play begins. I wonder what part Glenn will play. They ask for audience participation for one scene and I volunteer. I play someone who gets murdered in bed. As I 'play dead' after my pretend stabbing, my face is turned away from the audience, and I try to peek around subtly to see if Glenn is backstage. He is nowhere to be found. I get "carried off" and once I'm offstage, I again peek around - no Glenn. I think with disappointment that his part must be very small, as the play is almost over and he still has not come out.

I rejoin the group. Everyone is telling me I did very well, but they are all looking for Glenn... and the play ends. He hasn't come out.

Everyone is looking at me. "You said he would be here." GA, FP, and Troub have flown in from far away. I stammer that I'd read he would be here, and I don't understand what happened.

At that point, my Fleetwood Mac friend Kristin says "Maybe he's at the other venue."

"Other venue?" I say hopefully. At least we'll all get to see him if he's there. En masse, we walk across the campus, which in my dream is a very long journey through several fields, and we approach another theater.

I say a quick prayer that he will be there. As we approach, I see Will Hollis and Michael Thompson walking in. I'm hugely relieved! All our problems are solved! Glenn IS playing here! I haven't let everybody down!

Except... there's another problem. When we get inside, the place is packed. We won't even be able to sit together, much less be at the front.

"If you'd gotten the venue right, we'd have been at the front instead of wasting all day waiting at the other theater," someone says.

"I'm sorry," I reply unhappily.

As we talk, I think I see Glenn at the back. "Is that Glenn over there?" I ask. We all hurry back there but he's not here.

I apologize once again and we all scatter as the lights dim and the show starts. Glenn comes out onstage and starts performing. I keep an eye out for empty seats and, gradually, am able to find out about ten rows from the front. Lucky me! Glenn sees me and, in between songs, asks me how I'm doing. I tell him about our misadventure and he feels sorry for me. Then he sits at the piano to play something. Before he starts, he looks over his shoulder and says, "Stop looking at me like I'm your dad. See me as a man, not a father figure."

I'm like "What? What do you mean? I've never acted like you were my dad!" I'm completely bewildered, but it's too late to say anything now - he's turned around and begun the next song and doesn't address me again for the rest of the show.

Suddenly, our group is in a classroom. This seems perfectly normal. "Hey, did any of you hear me say anything about Glenn being like a father figure to me? Because I don't think I ever said that, but he acts like I did!"

"What are you talking about?" Willie asks. Nobody else remembers Glenn talking to me either. I wonder what's going on.

A guy who looks like Anthony Michael Hall appears and he's talking on the phone.

"Who are you talking to?" I ask.

"I called Glenn to ask him why he said that to you," the guy says.

"OH MY GOSH! YOU DID NOT!" I am so mortified! What would Glenn think? I try to grab the phone but the guy turns around and I can't reach it.

"You disgust me," he says into the phone. To me, he says, "It's not even Frey, it's some other guy."

"Thank God," I mutter and grab the phone away. "But you don't have to be rude to the person! Let me talk to him." The guy hands me the phone but all I hear is a dial tone.

Dreamer and PLS look at me. "How did he get Glenn's number?"

"I don't know!" I cry.

"Glenn told me," the guy says. "But he lied! It wasn't his number!"

"Good," I snap. "I cannot believe you would try to call him and ask him about me! Oh my gosh!"

"Well, I don't even think he talked to you. I think you're making it all up," the guy says.

I look over at the rest of the group and they're all looking at me dubiously. "It DID happen!" I insist. "It DID!" and then I pause. What if I DID imagine it? "Unless I'm crazy!" I start panicking.

Then, a voice comes over the school's loudspeaker. It's Glenn! "You're not crazy." The loudspeaker shuts off.

"You guys DID hear that, right?" I ask everyone.

Then I woke up! Honestly, this dream kind of sucked, but I thought I'd share it since it was an Eagles dream after all!

Soda! I've been feeling down so far today, and your dream has just improved my mood 1000-fold! What a wonderful read! And you recall your dreams so well, it's unbelievable!

Yes, it's a crazy dream, and somewhat disappointing for you, but at least Glenn :heart: confirmed that you're not crazy! :lol:

Mrs Frey
02-08-2012, 06:28 AM
They just keep getting better and better, Soda.

"See me as a man, not a father figure". No problem. No problem at all.

If I were you I'd go to bed early in hopes of having another dream.

Oh, I enjoyed that line SO much! Well said, HH! Father figure? Uh, I don't think so. :headscratch: :lol:

Mrs Frey
02-08-2012, 06:32 AM

Windeagle, I hope you will have a follow-up dream so that we can hear what Glenn :heart: has to say about returning to acting! :lol:

Mrs Frey
02-08-2012, 06:42 AM
Well, I actually had a pleasant Eagles dream last night! Maybe it's because yesterday was the anniversary of our ride with Glenn in Pebble Beach in 2008.

Last night, I dreamt that the Eagles were doing several events in California. Not concerts, events.... fancy dinners, ceremonies, celebrations.

I'm in California for some reason at the time and I wish I can go to one of them, but I could only go as a photographer covering the event, and that doesn't sound very appealing. In fact, it has the potential to be kind of embarrassing if I appear to be an annoying "paparazzi."

However, I decide to try it anyway. The first event is a fancy dinner, with lots of tables filled with VIPs. I get dressed to the nines in a formal gown and I get in line with the photographers who are about to be let in to a press area.

At that point, Glenn, who is walking into the dinner looking dapper in a tuxedo, comes by and sees me. As he walks by, he says, "Nancy, get out of that line. There's a ticket for you in the box office!" He smiles at me but doesn't actually stop walking so before I can thank him, he's already gone past me and headed into the dinner.

I'm delighted! I go over to the box office and give them my name. The lady at the box office prints off gives a long list of all the Eagles events, all of which say variations of "VIP" on them. (Like VIP, VIP Regular, VIP Exclusive, etc). They all have prices next to them.

Shoot, I thought the ticket would be free, I think, but them I remind myself that I'm lucky to have an opportunity to buy one. I look at the list, and to my surprise, the prices beside them are comparatively low - $99 each. I figure what Glenn has done has allowed me to buy tickets and include me on a special discount.

That's good enough for me! I get out my VISA card. "I'll buy a ticket."

"No, you don't have to pay anything. The money has been provided by Don Henley," the lady says.

"Don't you mean Glenn Frey?" I ask.

The lady shrugs. "It says 'Don Henley' here."

I'm confused and not sure what to make of that, but I'm not going to argue! I'm only too happy to put away my card and take the free ticket.

But it gets even better! The lady, looking rather bored (she doesn't seem too impressed with me) shoves an envelope towards me. When I look in the envelope, there is a ticket to every event!

I can barely conceal my excitement at this. I suppress the urge to squee and move away from the window, absolutely thrilled.

Then it's time to go in. I walk in and everything is white and gold - white walls, white tablecloths with gold trim, white plates with gold trim, so on and so on. This is obviously really high end. I realize that everyone else must be a real VIP and very wealthy. Where do I fit in? I stand off to the side and wonder what I should do now. Once again, Glenn sees me and comes over. "You can sit with my friends," he says kindly. I feel immense relief. I will repress my fangirl tendencies and play it cool with his friends so as not to embarrass him. I feel confident that I can do this successfully. It's all going to be OK!

WOW, Soda!!! :smokin:

Mrs Frey
02-08-2012, 06:44 AM

You know that boat photo of the Eagles in 1975 where Don is wearing tight jeans and a denim top that's hanging open? In my dream, he was wearing that while going down a waterslide - so to add to the hotness he was soaking wet, water running down his bare chest, all that jazz, lol.

In my dream, he landed in the pool at the bottom of the slide, got disoriented and almost drowned. I jumped in to rescue him and dragged him over to the waterslide's entrance, went up it with him, then rode down the slide with him in my lap, holding him tightly as he leaned back against me with his body in between my legs.

(BTW, for those that don't get Brooke's "suppressed Don love" reference, when I first got into the Eagles fandom Don was my favorite. I had just seen him perform with Stevie Nicks and he blew my socks off!)

:shock::spin::heart:

Oh my GOODNESS!!! :wink:

TimothyBFan
02-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Way to go Don! :thumbsup:

Brooke
02-08-2012, 11:04 AM

Whew! I don't think I'd ever forget that one either! :drool: :smokin:

EaglesKiwi
02-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Whew! I don't think I'd ever forget that one either! :drool: :smokin:
Yeah, I'm rather green with envy over that one... WOW!! :fainting:

Maleah
02-08-2012, 08:51 PM
LOL! Ladies I'm literally laughing out loud over your reactions. My Dad is looking at me like I'm nuts! :lol: But seriously Nancy......WOW! :shock:

02-08-2012, 09:20 PM
That was a cool dream, WE.

And Soda - a happy Eagles dream ... now that's more like it! :thumbsup: And if you aren't able to make all of those events, I'll be glad to take some of those free tickets off your hands. :grin:

Glennsallnighter
02-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Love that last dream Soda!

WalshFan88
02-12-2012, 04:43 PM
While it doesn't involve all of the Eagles, I had a really short dream last night about Joe Walsh playing at the Grammy's tonight. I remember seeing him play Life's Been Good and making a mistake playing it and then I woke up! My dreams always happen right prior to waking up. It was really short lived but I remember being happy he played LBG. Also, it is my first dream to ever involve an Eagle or anything to do with the Eagles, lol.

Mrs Frey
02-13-2012, 06:43 AM
Haha, Austin! Imagine Joe making a mistake - it doesn't seem possible!

Topkat
02-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Funny dream Austin...Looks like Joe made it through the Grammys, with no mistakes, but he didn't do LBG!!! but I think he had some fun playing with Paul!

Windeagle
02-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Had another Eagles dream last night. I was seeing them in concert in a very small venue, about the size of a college lecture hall. My seat was in the back, but since the show did not appear to be sold out, I started seat-hopping and got to the front during the opening act.

I have no idea who the opening act was, but during the guy's performance, water started cascading down from an apparent broken pipe above and to the side of the stage. The opening act kept playing, but from where I was (near the stage on the same side), I heard a round of cursing from backstage in a voice I recognized as Glenn's. He hurried out with a mop and a bucket and was yelling at people to get it fixed because the audience was getting wet.

After that was settled, the Eagles started their set. There was nothing that stood out about it (other than OMG, it's the EAGLES!) until midway through. Then Glenn came out and started narrating a film about how this venue was built especially for this show. It was previously an open hillside in the capital city of New Hampshire. Part of the film looked like it was shot from a camera inside the car as he was driving really fast around this undeveloped hillside. The car was bouncing around and flying over ditches, spewing dirt from spinning tires, and I was thinking, "Wow! He must be a really awesome driver to be able to do this and not get stuck." It was like an episode of the Dukes of Hazzard. Or maybe Top Gear, which my family has been watching a lot lately.

When the film was done, Glenn called me up onstage and asked if I thought I could drive that car, which was parked backstage out of sight of the rest of the audience. The car looked like my first car, which was rear-wheel drive and always fishtailed horribly. But because I was used to it and have driven in snow so I know how to handle a skid, I said, "Um, I think I can."

Glenn replied, "Great. Let's go." Off we went and I realized that he wanted me to drive in that field the same way he had been driving. As I climbed into the driver's seat and he got in on the passenger side, I got really nervous because I didn't want to look like an idiot if I didn't live up to his expectations. That's when I woke up. Very strange.

sodascouts
02-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Sounds like a great dream to me!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Awesome dream, WE!

Mrs Frey
02-14-2012, 06:33 AM
Wow, that was quite a dream, Windeagle! All I can say is, if Glenn :heart: had got into a car next to me, I would not have been thinking about driving! :twisted: :wink:

TimothyBFan
02-14-2012, 09:10 AM
WE--sounds as if you have the same kind of dreams as Soda does. :headscratch:

Windeagle
02-14-2012, 09:44 AM
WE--sounds as if you have the same kind of dreams as Soda does. :headscratch:

Not very often, usually. I seem to be on a roll lately. :)

EaglesKiwi
02-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Cool dream, WE! Loved the part with the mop & bucket...

Windeagle
02-14-2012, 02:32 PM

You should've heard him. He was cursing like a sailor! But the whole time, I got the feeling he was more upset that the fans were going to have a bad time than he was about the actual malfunction.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Well, he is from Detroit where mother is half a word... :hilarious:

Brooke
02-14-2012, 04:07 PM
We, cool dream! I'd have liked to have been in that car with Glenn too! :wink:

02-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Well being in a car with Glenn is very cool! And as far as potty mouth Glenn, that could definitely be real life! :lol:

EaglesKiwi
02-15-2012, 03:09 AM
Well, he is from Detroit where mother is half a word... :hilarious:
I'm sure the word Glenn is thinking of is "motherboard" - after all, they need computers in automotive city...:angel:

Or not! :twisted: :hilarious:

Mrs Frey
02-15-2012, 06:15 AM

I loved that too! Imagine Glenn :heart: with a mop in hand! :lol:

Henley Honey
02-24-2012, 11:42 AM
I had a dream that I was in my mother's kitchen cooking and chatting. She is about 80% deaf so her televisions are always on closed caption with no sound. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the Eagles appear on the TV screen and realized it was a commercial for Ticketmaster. It was the shot of them all sitting and singing but I couldn't hear them or the announcer and in a panic because I thought I'd miss the info I dove for the remote and was frantically trying to get it off closed caption so I could hear them sing.
When I did, the announcer was describing their 40th Anniversary tour as "like nothing we've seen before" and that we could expect to hear songs like: Doolin Dalton. They play the music and Glenn rides into the frame, shirtless, on a brown horse. It was the Desperado, long haired, mustached Glenn. :heart:
He had a rawhide string headband and the little brown cigarette, chaps and boots. He had a dark tan and really defined ab muscles.
I remember thinking, yep -- that's like nothing I've seen before but boy would I like to see it again. Then I woke up with a smile on my face.

02-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Damn! I'm gonna click my heels three times and see if I can get that sucker to come true!!! :partytime:

sodascouts
02-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Now that's what I call a dream!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Nice! I'm picturing it now...I want a dream like that!

Windeagle
02-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Wow. Just... wow.

Brooke
02-24-2012, 03:12 PM
we could expect to hear songs like: Doolin Dalton. They play the music and Glenn rides into the frame, shirtless, on a brown horse. It was the Desperado, long haired, mustached Glenn. :heart:
He had a rawhide string headband and the little brown cigarette, chaps and boots. He had a dark tan and really defined ab muscles.

O.M.G.! :shock: :drool: :inlove: :fainting: :thud:

I am speechless! That's what I call a dream! And I want one too! :applause:

Glennsallnighter
02-24-2012, 04:57 PM
WOW HH. That was some dream! Give me a piece of it!!!

Can I have what she had for supper last night.......?

GlennLover
02-24-2012, 08:17 PM
WOW, I want in on that dream too!! :heart: :stunned: :fainted: I had a Glenn dream the other night but, I couldn't remember it the next morning. I'm sure that it was no where near as hot as your's, HH ! :jealous:
Now, as I'm typing this, I am remembering a tiny bit of the dream. All of a sudden NFA era Glenn was standing in front of me & I leaned toward him & gave him a kiss on the lips. I remember thinking that he might be offended ,but he seemed pleased. That's all I recall. HH, maybe your dream will trigger another one for me tonight.

sodascouts
02-24-2012, 09:54 PM
That dream doesn't sound too bad either, GL! Please add any more details as they come to you. ;)

GlennLover
02-25-2012, 12:16 AM
That dream doesn't sound too bad either, GL! Please add any more details as they come to you. ;)

Will do, Soda, but I am hoping for an even better one tonight! :blush: :wink:

GlennLover
02-25-2012, 02:26 PM
No dreams last night :weep:

Topkat
02-25-2012, 06:33 PM
I had the strangest dream last night about Don Henley.

I was at knocking on his front door. Apparently I had some kind of appointment with him. There was no answer. There was a little dog there, a little shiatsu or something like that, I’m not sure what kind it was. He was barking at me. I looked through a glass panel & saw him jumping up & down, barking like crazy. I knocked some more, but still no answer. I tried the door & it was open, so I walked into the entranceway. . I called out “Hello, is anyone here” No answer.

I was going to leave, thinking Don must have forgotten about our appointment, & went someplace. The dog kept barking at me & jumping & twirling around in circles. He was trying to tell me something. He went to the living room area, so I followed him in. There was Don, on the couch. I thought he was sleeping, & I didn’t think I should disturb him, but the dog kept barking & looking at me & jumping & twirling around. I went over to Don & called his name.. he wasn’t responding. Then I started to think something was wrong with him. I touched his shoulder & shook him a little, calling his name. Nothing. I could see that he was breathing, but he looked really out of it, like maybe he was unconscious. The dog kept barking. I felt his pulse & he had a pulse, but it seemed weak. I was a little scared. I looked around for the phone & found one in the kitchen. I called 911, & told them I found Don Henley & I thought he may be unconscious & to send an ambulance…I went back over to him & tried again to wake him up. I was just talking to him..slapping his hand.

After what seemed like forever, but it was maybe 5 minutes, Don opened his eyes. I was sitting very close to him, like leaning over him, right in his face, watching him breathing.

He was startled & he jerked awake. He says, “Who are you?” I told him my name & that we had an appointment. I asked if he was ok. He said he took some medication & it knocked him out, but he was very groggy. I told him that I called for an ambulance. He was still really out of it. He said, “You just saved my life” I said, “Your dog was telling something was wrong”.
The little dog jumped up on Don’s chest & licked his face. It was so cute. Then the EMTs came to the door & I woke up.

Henley Honey
02-25-2012, 08:16 PM
I would have done "mouth-to-mouth" just to be on the safe side. ;)

sodascouts
02-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Yes, missed opportunity there. ;)

EaglesKiwi
02-26-2012, 03:28 AM
Good advice. Let's all make a note just in case... :D

HH & GL, your dreams sound great! But, GL - how could you not remember kissing Glenn??? !!! :stunned::fainted:

Topkat
02-26-2012, 07:14 AM

HH, I was practically on top of him, ready to pounce!

GlennLover
02-26-2012, 12:42 PM
HH & GL, your dreams sound great! But, GL - how could you not remember kissing Glenn??? !!! :stunned::fainted:

I think it's early onset alzheimers. I tell my husband that I am losing my memory & he doesn't believe me. Now I have proof! :ack: :lol:

Freypower
02-28-2012, 06:38 PM
This consists of wishful thinking, like most of my dreams, but for the first time I actually TALK to Glenn in it.

Soda, timfan & myself were on our way to a function in Las Vegas where Glenn was scheduled to perform. We had received a personal invitation (yes, I know, I know). I don't know why the other Niagara Falls participants weren't there; I just remember us three.

We went inside & heard some of the sound check (we weren't allowed to watch it). We could hear him singing another 'standard' song similar to The Shadow Of Your Smile but I've forgotten what it was! Anyway as we were standing there he came out & spoke to us. He was wearing clothes similar to those he wears in that latest photo. When he looked at me I spoke to him but do I remember what I said?! Of course not! Something about how much I was looking forward to the album, I suppose.

Later on we were dressed up to the nines & walking through downtown Vegas to the venue (a casino, presumably). Then Glenn came walking up behind us wearing a tux (SIGH). I decided to play it cool. 'How are you'? I said. 'I'm OK' he said, 'but I'm just going to walk by myself and stay inconspicuous'. We left him to it. We didn't offer to keep him company. He seemed preoccupied with the upcoming performance.

Then I woke up & wanted to go back to sleep & see what happened next, but of course I didn't.

:shrug:

ETA: I found this on page 20 of this thread. I had forgotten about this one.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1337&page=20

GlennLover
02-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Cool. At least you got to talk to him. But, how could you leave him behind by himself. Poor Glenn!

sodascouts
02-29-2012, 12:54 AM
I'm always happy to be in other people's dreams, lol.

Brooke
02-29-2012, 11:02 AM
Nice dream Fp! :sigh:

I don't dream much, or don't remember them if I do.

Mrs Frey
03-01-2012, 06:51 AM
I had a dream that I was in my mother's kitchen cooking and chatting. She is about 80% deaf so her televisions are always on closed caption with no sound. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the Eagles appear on the TV screen and realized it was a commercial for Ticketmaster. It was the shot of them all sitting and singing but I couldn't hear them or the announcer and in a panic because I thought I'd miss the info I dove for the remote and was frantically trying to get it off closed caption so I could hear them sing.
When I did, the announcer was describing their 40th Anniversary tour as "like nothing we've seen before" and that we could expect to hear songs like: Doolin Dalton. They play the music and Glenn rides into the frame, shirtless, on a brown horse. It was the Desperado, long haired, mustached Glenn. :heart:
I remember thinking, yep -- that's like nothing I've seen before but boy would I like to see it again. Then I woke up with a smile on my face.

Well, yeehah!!! :heart: Oh my GOODNESS!!

You better be careful, HH - you're going to make Don jealous! :wink:

Mrs Frey
03-01-2012, 06:53 AM
Damn! I'm gonna click my heels three times and see if I can get that sucker to come true!!! :partytime:

:rofl:

Dreamer, I haven't had such a good week, but you've made me laugh out loud twice today already - I just love your sharp wit! Thank you!!

Mrs Frey
03-01-2012, 06:56 AM
WOW, I want in on that dream too!! :heart: :stunned: :fainted: I had a Glenn dream the other night but, I couldn't remember it the next morning. I'm sure that it was no where near as hot as your's, HH ! :jealous:
Now, as I'm typing this, I am remembering a tiny bit of the dream. All of a sudden NFA era Glenn was standing in front of me & I leaned toward him & gave him a kiss on the lips. I remember thinking that he might be offended ,but he seemed pleased. That's all I recall. HH, maybe your dream will trigger another one for me tonight.

OOOOOOOOOOH! Now I'm :jealous:!!! :heart:

Mrs Frey
03-01-2012, 06:59 AM
I had the strangest dream last night about Don Henley.

I was at knocking on his front door. Apparently I had some kind of appointment with him. There was no answer. There was a little dog there, a little shiatsu or something like that, I’m not sure what kind it was. He was barking at me. I looked through a glass panel & saw him jumping up & down, barking like crazy. I knocked some more, but still no answer. I tried the door & it was open, so I walked into the entranceway. . I called out “Hello, is anyone here” No answer.

I was going to leave, thinking Don must have forgotten about our appointment, & went someplace. The dog kept barking at me & jumping & twirling around in circles. He was trying to tell me something. He went to the living room area, so I followed him in. There was Don, on the couch. I thought he was sleeping, & I didn’t think I should disturb him, but the dog kept barking & looking at me & jumping & twirling around. I went over to Don & called his name.. he wasn’t responding. Then I started to think something was wrong with him. I touched his shoulder & shook him a little, calling his name. Nothing. I could see that he was breathing, but he looked really out of it, like maybe he was unconscious. The dog kept barking. I felt his pulse & he had a pulse, but it seemed weak. I was a little scared. I looked around for the phone & found one in the kitchen. I called 911, & told them I found Don Henley & I thought he may be unconscious & to send an ambulance…I went back over to him & tried again to wake him up. I was just talking to him..slapping his hand.

After what seemed like forever, but it was maybe 5 minutes, Don opened his eyes. I was sitting very close to him, like leaning over him, right in his face, watching him breathing.

He was startled & he jerked awake. He says, “Who are you?” I told him my name & that we had an appointment. I asked if he was ok. He said he took some medication & it knocked him out, but he was very groggy. I told him that I called for an ambulance. He was still really out of it. He said, “You just saved my life” I said, “Your dog was telling something was wrong”.
The little dog jumped up on Don’s chest & licked his face. It was so cute. Then the EMTs came to the door & I woke up.

Gosh, TK, you had me in suspense with that one! :shock:

Mrs Frey
03-01-2012, 07:00 AM
I think it's early onset alzheimers. I tell my husband that I am losing my memory & he doesn't believe me. Now I have proof! :ack: :lol:

Mrs Frey
03-01-2012, 07:02 AM
This consists of wishful thinking, like most of my dreams, but for the first time I actually TALK to Glenn in it.

Soda, timfan & myself were on our way to a function in Las Vegas where Glenn was scheduled to perform. We had received a personal invitation (yes, I know, I know). I don't know why the other Niagara Falls participants weren't there; I just remember us three.

We went inside & heard some of the sound check (we weren't allowed to watch it). We could hear him singing another 'standard' song similar to The Shadow Of Your Smile but I've forgotten what it was! Anyway as we were standing there he came out & spoke to us. He was wearing clothes similar to those he wears in that latest photo. When he looked at me I spoke to him but do I remember what I said?! Of course not! Something about how much I was looking forward to the album, I suppose.

Later on we were dressed up to the nines & walking through downtown Vegas to the venue (a casino, presumably). Then Glenn came walking up behind us wearing a tux (SIGH). I decided to play it cool. 'How are you'? I said. 'I'm OK' he said, 'but I'm just going to walk by myself and stay inconspicuous'. We left him to it. We didn't offer to keep him company. He seemed preoccupied with the upcoming performance.

Then I woke up & wanted to go back to sleep & see what happened next, but of course I didn't.

:shrug:

ETA: I found this on page 20 of this thread. I had forgotten about this one.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1337&page=20

Awww, FP! The torture! :wink:

Mrs Frey
03-05-2012, 06:38 AM
I had an Eagles dream last Friday night/Saturday morning... I tried to hang on to the memory over the weekend so that I could post it today, so I hope this comes out okay:

I was trying to figure out how I was going to get a message to the Eagles that I couldn't make their Cape Town show, because I had to perform myself that night. I then found myself at Cape Town Stadium, in a corridor somewhere. There was no one around me, and ahead of me was an open double door, leading into the next section of the corridor. There were no signs up, but somehow going beyond that door was a no-no. I became more and more edgy, because I needed to get my message to the Eagles, but I was running on a tight schedule, as I needed to get to the casino for my show. I looked on my watch and it was 1pm. I'm still trying to figure out why I thought I was late for my show, because I was only going to be performing in the evening, and soundcheck is at 7.30pm! :headscratch:

I heard sounds emanating from beyond the double door, and I was dying to walk beyond it. If I can just talk to Glenn :heart: and explain, I thought. Then suddenly, Glenn :heart: appeared. He walked up the corridor towards the double door, and I was standing just on the other side of it.

I then ventured just beyond the double door. I rushed towards Glenn :heart:, greeted him hastily and very respectfully and then proceeded to explain to him why I couldn't make the concert. Things get vague at this point, but I seem to recall that he listened to me, and then replied, "That's fine, no problem". He seemed to be in a hurry and listened to me out of politeness, responded and went on his way. I then realised I was late to get to the casino and rushed to get there. I was never going to get ready in time to start my show!

And all this at 1pm in the afternoon!

And then I woke up!

:headscratch: :dizzy: :confused: :spin: :lol:

03-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Pretty crazy, Mrs. F. I guess Glenn was a little confused too. :lol:

Topkat
03-05-2012, 07:02 PM
That's pretty funny, Mrs. Frey. I wonder where we can find out dream interpretations? They do mean something!!

Maybe it just means you need to get to your gig really early for some reason??

Mrs Frey
03-06-2012, 03:46 AM
Haha, Dreamer and TK, crazy and funny indeed.

I think it's because I've been thinking about the Eagles performing in Cape Town on 4 April, and since it's clashing with my opening night at the casino, it's been bothering me, and I've been feeling bad about not being able to go. I've also had the idea of contacting them and telling them about it, but not knowing how. Perhaps this is my subconscious mind throwing all my thoughts together in a crazy way.

I have a thing about arriving early enough for my shows so that there is no stress. My friend James and I had to be really early for a show a couple of weeks ago, in order to beat traffic as it was a distance to drive, and to be set up and ready before the guests arrived. It's possible that that sense of urgency popped up as part of the dream too. What do you girls think?

Windeagle
03-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Haha, Dreamer and TK, crazy and funny indeed.

I think it's because I've been thinking about the Eagles performing in Cape Town on 4 April, and since it's clashing with my opening night at the casino, it's been bothering me, and I've been feeling bad about not being able to go. I've also had the idea of contacting them and telling them about it, but not knowing how. Perhaps this is my subconscious mind throwing all my thoughts together in a crazy way.

I have a thing about arriving early enough for my shows so that there is no stress. My friend James and I had to be really early for a show a couple of weeks ago, in order to beat traffic as it was a distance to drive, and to be set up and ready before the guests arrived. It's possible that that sense of urgency popped up as part of the dream too. What do you girls think?

Sounds like you hit it exactly, MF. I'm sure Glenn's been there himself and would certainly relate.

sodascouts
03-06-2012, 02:41 PM

I bet this is true. I can't imagine waiting and waiting for the Eagles to come to South Africa, knowing that it was unlikely because it would be so much trouble for them to haul everything over there for such a small market... and then when they do come, deciding not to go. I don't envy how you're going to feel that night when they're in Johannesburg and you're sitting around trying to rest (good luck with that). I have to admit I'm worried you will regret your choice, but that's probably a silly carryover from the old days when we talked about this so much!

But then again look who's talking - Nancy, the crazy girl who drives 15 hours to see Glenn solo, lol. I have no sense of perspective about such things. You used to be just as crazy, but I think I heard somewhere that normal people tend to make more practical choices as they grow older! I just haven't gotten the memo yet. ;) It's your decision and I respect that.

Henley Honey
03-06-2012, 07:46 PM
But then again look who's talking - Nancy, the crazy girl who drives 15 hours to see Glenn solo, lol. I have no sense of perspective about such things. You used to be just as crazy, but I think I heard somewhere that normal people tend to make more practical choices as they grow older! I just haven't gotten the memo yet. ;) It's your decision and I respect that.

Memo? I didn't get one either -- nor do I want one!!!

Mrs Frey
03-07-2012, 06:09 AM
Sounds like you hit it exactly, MF. I'm sure Glenn's been there himself and would certainly relate.

Thanks for the input, Windeagle! It's nice to think that Glenn :heart: could relate to something in my humble life. :smile:

Mrs Frey
03-07-2012, 06:27 AM
I bet this is true. I can't imagine waiting and waiting for the Eagles to come to South Africa, knowing that it was unlikely because it would be so much trouble for them to haul everything over there for such a small market... and then when they do come, deciding not to go. I don't envy how you're going to feel that night when they're in Johannesburg and you're sitting around trying to rest (good luck with that). I have to admit I'm worried you will regret your choice, but that's probably a silly carryover from the old days when we talked about this so much!

Thanks for the input, Soda! I think it will hit me hardest when the boys are in Cape Town and I'm on my way to the opening night of our show. I won't regret the decision I took regarding the Johannesburg show, though - it just isn't feasible at this stage of my life, and as I mentioned at the time when I discussed it, Johannesburg is not a place I want to be travelling in alone.

Yes, when I did the London trip I was crazy. LOL. I was in a very different place in my life at the time. I am greatly indebted to the Eagles and to all of you here on The Border for helping to carry me through a dark phase of my life. I'm not sure what I would have done without the influence, and visiting London to see the Eagles will remain a highlight of my life. Four years on, though, my life has changed in oh so many ways (to quote The Beatles' song "Help!" :smile:), and I have to prioritise. I may never really "make it" in the music industry, but I'm not getting any younger, and now is the time to do what I can for myself, while I still have it in me. God has placed people in my life at the right times and has taken me in the directions which has been right for me for the time. I'm still learning every day, but I think I'm beginning to understand what life is all about.

One thing is for sure, the Eagles have certainly played a big part in my life, and I will always love them. I hope that perhaps, through my music career, I may even get to meet them one day.

I know the above sounds rather "deep" and philosophical, but I suppose that's where I'm at in my life right now. Don't misunderstand me, my enthusiasm for the Eagles is undiminished - only my priorities have changed. :smile:

I don't think it's crazy at all that you drive 15 hours to see Glenn :heart: solo. You are passionate about Glenn :heart: and when one is passionate about something or someone, one goes the extra mile (no pun intended, hahaha). I understand passion probably better than most, because I'm an artist, and us artists are very intense and passionate about everything that is important to us.

03-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Well Monique. I wish you could see the band when they are in your home country, but as you said, you gotta do what you gotta do. Sometimes the choices we have to make just suck!

As for me, I'm at the exact other point in my life. It took me more than 30 years of being an Eagles fan before I got to see them live. So now that I am finally in a position to see them on occasion, I am a very happy girl. They don't need to send me that memo either! :wink:

Mrs Frey
03-08-2012, 06:27 AM
Well, Dreamer, 30 years is a helluva long time to wait to see your favourite band, so you enjoy every minute of every gig you go to! I think it's wonderful. :smile:

Glennhoney
03-18-2012, 11:45 AM
I don't remember EVER dreaming about Glenn, but I guess with all the talk of the new CD and concert listings, that's what must have brought it on..
I dreamed that Glenn was at my church, sitting on the altar, and then handing out communion.....he was surrounded by people after mass was over, but I managed to touch him and tell him how much I adored him.....after that my sister in law told me she had been in touch with Glenn for years and even showed me letters they had exchanged...and I was VERY jealous and angry she hadn't shared that with me before...
lol..what a strange dream....but he certainly looked quite handsome in a suit and tie....:heart:

03-18-2012, 12:15 PM
That is a strange one, GH. All I can say is don't let any of us Borderers get anywhere near that sister-in-law of yours! :fight: :wink:

sodascouts
03-18-2012, 02:31 PM
GH - I don't actually think it was weird. It makes sense to me! I know I would surely be unhappy if I found out a sister-in-law had not told me such a thing! lol

GlennLover
03-19-2012, 10:51 AM
He can serve communion at my church anytime he likes! :heart:

Brooke
03-19-2012, 02:06 PM

Pure thoughts, right GL?! :hilarious:

GlennLover
03-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Pure thoughts, right GL?! :hilarious:
Oh, absolutely! :angel:

Glennhoney
03-19-2012, 09:26 PM

hahahahaha....:)

lizzyplays
03-22-2012, 10:10 AM
I think that I must be eating the wrong foods at night and it's interfering in my ability to have Glenn dreams.... naughty or otherwise. :jealous::censored:

zeldabjr
03-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Lizzy, that is too funny!:hilarious:

sodascouts
03-22-2012, 10:37 AM
This is so weird that this thread was revived today because I had a long Eagles dream last night! I don't have time to write it all out now, but I will later.

Now, I'm going to write out a dream I had a couple weeks ago, but didn't write down at the time.

In my dream, I am at the inner city high school that our university has a special program with. I teach there twice a week, so the dream starts off realistically.

I look down and notice I am naked. I'm so mortified, but the students don't seem to notice. Then I turn around and the Eagles are setting up their instruments at the front of the classroom! Horrified, I look down, but clothes have magically appeared! I am immensely relieved.

They look like they do in the "How Long" video, only in color. I hurry over to them. "Wow, this is so cool!" I exclaim excitedly. "Why are you here?"

"We're trying to appeal to a younger audience," Don answers in a low voice.

Without another word, they start playing "How Long." I hurry over to my students because I see some of them are goofing off. "You better listen carefully to these guys and when they are done, you will applaud whether you like it or not!"

They play the whole song and sure enough, the students applaud enthusiastically. I hope it's because they really liked it and not because I told them to!

The band members all smile and launch into "Busy Being Fabulous." I wonder if they are going to play the whole album. That will be cool lfor me, but will the kids be into it? I would hate for the Eagles to have their feelings hurt if some of the students look bored! So far so good, though. The kids seem to be enjoying it. I pray it continues to be that way!

I woke up before I found out.

Windeagle
03-22-2012, 10:59 AM
I think that I must be eating the wrong foods at night and it's interfering in my ability to have Glenn dreams.... naughty or otherwise. :jealous::censored:

No worries, Lizzy. I never once had an Eagles dream until I started hanging around here. Since then, I've had several. Give it time!

lizzyplays
03-22-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm having PLENTY of daydreams though!! Boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy... :blush:

GlennLover
03-22-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm having PLENTY of daydreams though!! Boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy... :blush:

Lizzy, like you, I don't dream much. I think I have only had one Glenn dream, but oh yes, I know those daydreams :shock: :censored:

zeldabjr
03-25-2012, 01:03 AM
No worries, Lizzy. I never once had an Eagles dream until I started hanging around here. Since then, I've had several. Give it time!

I had one last night... boy oh boy :blush:

lizzyplays
03-25-2012, 09:43 AM
I had one last night... boy oh boy :blush:

So, you're keeping the details to yourself??? :hmm: :stunned: :confused:

sodascouts
03-25-2012, 03:17 PM
I just realized I never put up my dream from the other day! It wasn't hot like Zelda's, but hey, maybe you'll find it interesting!

In my dream, the whole gang going to Glenn Frey concerts with me was involved, regardless whether or not we are actually traveling together. This is because we ARE all traveling together in the dream, riding in my car! It's a glorious Border road trip! Oddly, also coming along were two friends that often join me on Fleetwood Mac trips, Kristin and Tiffany. Although it was impossible to fit us all into my Honda Accord, somehow, it was done. (The magic of dreams!)

The dream starts off with us all pulling into a gas station and my friend Kristin using her card to pay for the gas, telling us she'll keep the receipt and we''ll divide all the costs up in the end. "Good, I'm glad you're doing that," I say, relieved that I don't have to worry about it.

We go into the first Glenn Frey show, but we are sitting far back. We're a bit worried that we won't be able to see Glenn well - but then, instead of Glenn coming out - a screen is dropped and Glenn is projected onto it. Apparently he is performing elsewhere and we will be watching it on the screen rather than really seeing him!

We're all amazed. They didn't say anything about this on the ticket! But hey, we're going to other shows; surely this won't happen again.

We go the next show. We're first row this time, and excited - but the screen lowers again and almost hits us! We actually have to move back to the third row to see the screen without craning our necks. There are people sitting there, but we tell them we'll trade our first row seats with theirs and they foolishly agree. I'm hoping they won't come back after they realize they've been suckered.

"How hard does this suck?!!!" I find myself saying. Everyone agrees.

I decide I'll demand answers. I head towards the backstage area. Somebody needs to explain this screen deal.

There is no one around - no guards, no barriers. Right inside the curtain that separates the backstage, there is a stool with a lot of papers on it. I'm in the process of passing it when I hear a familiar voice say "Where are my lyrics? I've lost my lyrics!" It's Don Henley!

As I turn around to see him, he exclaims, "They're on the stool! Nobody touch them!"

"I'll help you Don!" I say and turn towards the stool again, shuffling through the papers.

"No... wait....I want to look myself! I don't want anyone seeing those!" Don protests, hurrying towards me. I pretend not to hear him because I really want to see those lyrics! How cool would it be to see unreleased lyrics? I could just glance over them quickly before handing them to Don... what harm could that do?

Just as I reach a legal pad that looks suspiciously like it has lyrics on it, Don reaches the stool. Instead of grabbing the lyrics from me, he says sternly, "Nancy, do not read the lyrics. Move away from the stool right now."

"Well, if you put it that way," I say in a pouty voice, moving away reluctantly.

He looks at me and says, "I know you. You have to be outright ordered to do something before you'll do it."

Then he suddenly grins at me. I realize that despite it all, he's not actually mad at me. In fact, as he passes me and gets his lyrics, he's chuckling. "You're such a fangirl." I'm flooded with relief and warm feelings, lol. I'm proud to be a fangirl!

This little episode distracts me from my purpose, as I run back to tell everyone that Don Henley's here! Unfortunately, everyone seems more concerned about the fact that I didn't find out about the screen issue. I go back and find Don again.

"Hey, what's up with these screens?" I ask him.

"This is the last one. The next show won't have a screen," he replies.

"Great, thanks!" I go back to the gang and everyone is satisfied. We try to enjoy the screen-show. It has nice close-ups of Glenn, but the quality is grainy and dark. In fact, it looks exactly like the last concert's show, and I wonder if they aren't just replaying the film. Thank goodness the next show won't be like this!

We all get into the car again and go to another gas station. Kristin once again pays, lol.

The final show is here! We all have great seats and run in, eager to finally have a real show. Sure enough, Glenn comes out himself and before he starts, says, "Sorry about those screens. It was a venue thing." He gives that charming smile of his.

Of course he is instantly forgiven and we're all on our feet, applauding.

Then I woke up!

zeldabjr
03-25-2012, 07:48 PM
So, you're keeping the details to yourself??? :hmm: :stunned: :confused:

Yes.:blush:

Windeagle
03-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Fun dream, Soda! Hopefully, there will be no screens in CT!

EaglesKiwi
03-26-2012, 05:02 AM
Just as I reach a legal pad that looks suspiciously like it has lyrics on it, Don reaches the stool. Instead of grabbing the lyrics from me, he says sternly, "Nancy, do not read the lyrics. Move away from the stool right now."

"Well, if you put it that way," I say in a pouty voice, moving away reluctantly.

He looks at me and says, "I know you. You have to be outright ordered to do something before you'll do it."

Then he suddenly grins at me. I realize that despite it all, he's not actually mad at me. In fact, as he passes me and gets his lyrics, he's chuckling. "You're such a fangirl." I'm flooded with relief and warm feelings, lol. I'm proud to be a fangirl!

Our Soda? :hilarious:
That's a really cute dream. The road trip does sound glorious!

Mrs Frey
03-26-2012, 06:52 AM
I don't remember EVER dreaming about Glenn, but I guess with all the talk of the new CD and concert listings, that's what must have brought it on..
I dreamed that Glenn was at my church, sitting on the altar, and then handing out communion.....he was surrounded by people after mass was over, but I managed to touch him and tell him how much I adored him.....after that my sister in law told me she had been in touch with Glenn for years and even showed me letters they had exchanged...and I was VERY jealous and angry she hadn't shared that with me before...
lol..what a strange dream....but he certainly looked quite handsome in a suit and tie....:heart:

Awww, this is so sweet, GH! Hahaha, and that's a good one about your sister-in-law - did you tell her about the dream?

Mrs Frey
03-26-2012, 06:55 AM
This is so weird that this thread was revived today because I had a long Eagles dream last night! I don't have time to write it all out now, but I will later.

Now, I'm going to write out a dream I had a couple weeks ago, but didn't write down at the time.

In my dream, I am at the inner city high school that our university has a special program with. I teach there twice a week, so the dream starts off realistically.

I look down and notice I am naked. I'm so mortified, but the students don't seem to notice. Then I turn around and the Eagles are setting up their instruments at the front of the classroom! Horrified, I look down, but clothes have magically appeared! I am immensely relieved.

They look like they do in the "How Long" video, only in color. I hurry over to them. "Wow, this is so cool!" I exclaim excitedly. "Why are you here?"

"We're trying to appeal to a younger audience," Don answers in a low voice.

Without another word, they start playing "How Long." I hurry over to my students because I see some of them are goofing off. "You better listen carefully to these guys and when they are done, you will applaud whether you like it or not!"

They play the whole song and sure enough, the students applaud enthusiastically. I hope it's because they really liked it and not because I told them to!

The band members all smile and launch into "Busy Being Fabulous." I wonder if they are going to play the whole album. That will be cool lfor me, but will the kids be into it? I would hate for the Eagles to have their feelings hurt if some of the students look bored! So far so good, though. The kids seem to be enjoying it. I pray it continues to be that way!

I woke up before I found out.

Wow, Soda - the ultimate in dreams for you: the Eagles performing in your classroom! :partytime:

Mrs Frey
03-26-2012, 07:01 AM
I just realized I never put up my dream from the other day! It wasn't hot like Zelda's, but hey, maybe you'll find it interesting!

In my dream, the whole gang going to Glenn Frey concerts with me was involved, regardless whether or not we are actually traveling together. This is because we ARE all traveling together in the dream, riding in my car! It's a glorious Border road trip! Oddly, also coming along were two friends that often join me on Fleetwood Mac trips, Kristin and Tiffany. Although it was impossible to fit us all into my Honda Accord, somehow, it was done. (The magic of dreams!)

The dream starts off with us all pulling into a gas station and my friend Kristin using her card to pay for the gas, telling us she'll keep the receipt and we''ll divide all the costs up in the end. "Good, I'm glad you're doing that," I say, relieved that I don't have to worry about it.

We go into the first Glenn Frey show, but we are sitting far back. We're a bit worried that we won't be able to see Glenn well - but then, instead of Glenn coming out - a screen is dropped and Glenn is projected onto it. Apparently he is performing elsewhere and we will be watching it on the screen rather than really seeing him!

We're all amazed. They didn't say anything about this on the ticket! But hey, we're going to other shows; surely this won't happen again.

We go the next show. We're first row this time, and excited - but the screen lowers again and almost hits us! We actually have to move back to the third row to see the screen without craning our necks. There are people sitting there, but we tell them we'll trade our first row seats with theirs and they foolishly agree. I'm hoping they won't come back after they realize they've been suckered.

"How hard does this suck?!!!" I find myself saying. Everyone agrees.

I decide I'll demand answers. I head towards the backstage area. Somebody needs to explain this screen deal.

There is no one around - no guards, no barriers. Right inside the curtain that separates the backstage, there is a stool with a lot of papers on it. I'm in the process of passing it when I hear a familiar voice say "Where are my lyrics? I've lost my lyrics!" It's Don Henley!

As I turn around to see him, he exclaims, "They're on the stool! Nobody touch them!"

"I'll help you Don!" I say and turn towards the stool again, shuffling through the papers.

"No... wait....I want to look myself! I don't want anyone seeing those!" Don protests, hurrying towards me. I pretend not to hear him because I really want to see those lyrics! How cool would it be to see unreleased lyrics? I could just glance over them quickly before handing them to Don... what harm could that do?

This little episode distracts me from my purpose, as I run back to tell everyone that Don Henley's here! Unfortunately, everyone seems more concerned about the fact that I didn't find out about the screen issue. I go back and find Don again.

"Hey, what's up with these screens?" I ask him.

"This is the last one. The next show won't have a screen," he replies.

"Great, thanks!" I go back to the gang and everyone is satisfied. We try to enjoy the screen-show. It has nice close-ups of Glenn, but the quality is grainy and dark. In fact, it looks exactly like the last concert's show, and I wonder if they aren't just replaying the film. Thank goodness the next show won't be like this!

We all get into the car again and go to another gas station. Kristin once again pays, lol.

The final show is here! We all have great seats and run in, eager to finally have a real show. Sure enough, Glenn comes out himself and before he starts, says, "Sorry about those screens. It was a venue thing." He gives that charming smile of his.

Of course he is instantly forgiven and we're all on our feet, applauding.

Then I woke up!

I really am in awe of your dreams, Soda! This is another classic!

TimothyBFan
03-26-2012, 07:35 AM
"Step away from the lyrics". :hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-02-2012, 09:52 AM
OMG! I have no idea why I dreamed this, I haven't heard this song in a long time.

I was at a venue (no idea where) and Glenn was in concert. He said something like 'And now a song for the ladies', then sang Dierks Bentleys 'Come A Little Closer'. It was his voice, and he sang it with the passion that he sings all songs with. The intense look on his face made the line 'come a little closer' a request. When he sang the line 'come a little closer, I feel like stripping it down' I swear I melted in my seat. By the time he was done, every female in the place was more than a little in love with him. Me, I was toast. I was barely functional. The dream ended when the song ended, that's all the dream was, the song. I had no idea the right man singing a particular song could be so hot.

For those not familiar with the song, here's a link to it on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVGw7FbohY4&ob=av2e

GlennLover
04-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Woo Hoo Hoo! Hot, Hot, Hot! Please, please let me into your dream!

sodascouts
04-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Dang, that sounds like one heck of a dream!

Mrs Frey
04-04-2012, 06:28 AM
OMG! I have no idea why I dreamed this, I haven't heard this song in a long time.

I was at a venue (no idea where) and Glenn was in concert. He said something like 'And now a song for the ladies', then sang Dierks Bentleys 'Come A Little Closer'. It was his voice, and he sang it with the passion that he sings all songs with. The intense look on his face made the line 'come a little closer' a request. When he sang the line 'come a little closer, I feel like stripping it down' I swear I melted in my seat. By the time he was done, every female in the place was more than a little in love with him. Me, I was toast. I was barely functional. The dream ended when the song ended, that's all the dream was, the song. I had no idea the right man singing a particular song could be so hot.

For those not familiar with the song, here's a link to it on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVGw7FbohY4&ob=av2e

:heart::smitten::spin::iloveyou::kiss::makeout::ce nsored:

Does that sum it up, VA? :wink:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-04-2012, 09:00 AM
:heart::smitten::spin::iloveyou::kiss::makeout::ce nsored:

Does that sum it up, VA? :wink:

Quite nicely!!

Brooke
04-13-2012, 04:41 PM
I actually had an Eagle dream last night! Kind of! I bought tickets online for a concert and when I got there they were way over to the side of the stage, yet up pretty close! I could see Timothy really well, and he looked great, only he was on the far right side of the stage. :headscratch:

Then I woke up. :sad:

Prettymaid
04-13-2012, 06:59 PM
Lol! Well, that's a start, Brooke!

TimothyBFan
04-13-2012, 07:15 PM
:hilarious: Wow Brooke, that was riveting!!! :hilarious: JK--- At least you had a good view of Timothy but someone put him in the wrong place on the stage. :)

sodascouts
04-13-2012, 08:11 PM
A tiny Eagles dream is better than no Eagles dream!

zeldabjr
04-13-2012, 08:22 PM
:hilarious: Wow Brooke, that was riveting!!! :hilarious: JK--- At least you had a good view of Timothy but someone put him in the wrong place on the stage. :)

Yeah he better be where he's supposed to be in Atlanta or I am going to be seriously p...off!:)

zelda

Brooke
04-14-2012, 09:51 AM
A tiny Eagles dream is better than no Eagles dream!

Yeah, maybe I'm finally getting geared up for more! After 38 years of obsession with them! :rolleyes: :lol:

Prettymaid
04-14-2012, 04:16 PM
One tip I can offer is to get a new mattress. We bought a new one and within a week I started having dreams. (Must be sleeping better ;-)
No Eagles dreams yet, but it's a start!

WalshFan88
04-14-2012, 04:36 PM
I had never had an "Eagles" dream per se....

I had a very in depth Eagles dream last night that was so real it kind of scares me.

I'm going to try to write it out the best I can remember it but here goes.

I was at a party of some sort, a celebration for me. I don't know if it was an award or a birthday or what, but my parents and friends rented this big place and it was a celebration for me.

I was drinking, eating, and having a good time when I see Don and Glenn walk in. There was a little stage at the front with some chairs and a PA and some acoustic guitars.... I think Joe and Tim might have been there too but I don't really remember them, I remember Don and Glenn.

This is where it gets weird... All of a sudden they sit down and start playing "Take It Easy". I can't believe they are really there and I start crying! Yes, crying!! :shock: I could hear my mom saying to my dad, "This is the happiest I've seen him in years". It was a surprise gift for me! The next thing I know is that I'm standing outside, and Don and Glenn were leaving... Don passes by and maybe says one or two words and then leaves but Glenn hangs around and talks... This is what confuses me. He said "you looked tense up there playing with us but it was great!". How was I up there playing with them when I was watching the whole time from the audience and never saw myself up there?! I never remember being onstage. He then said, "I thought about doing Peaceful Easy Feeling instead because it's a strumming song too". He said some other things I cannot remember clearly and stayed around talking to me a bit longer and then left. He was pretty friendly, where as Henley seemed a bit more reserved. Also, this was from a different time than current, this was like 80s/90s era Glenn and Don, solo years.

And then I remember saying to myself..... and I quote "OMG wait until I tell everyone on the Border this!!!!!!". And then the next thing I knew I was looking for everyone, everyone had left and I was alone in this dark big building with all the lights off and was freaking out.

And then I woke up!

Craziest freakin' dream I think I've ever had!!!!!!!!!! And this is %100 true. No joke.

ETA: You know - I just got to thinking. A lot of my dreams occur at celebrations for me or parties held for me.... I wonder what that means?! :hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-14-2012, 05:32 PM
Nice dream, Austin!! Made me smile! :grin:

Glennsallnighter
04-14-2012, 06:41 PM
Love your dream Austin! Wouldn't it be great if it happened for real!

WalshFan88
04-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Yes it was a bit weird! But yes, to play a song with them would be awesome!

zeldabjr
04-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Hi Austin, I'm pretty new here...haven't "met" you until now...I loved your dream...you should look some of it up in a dream book and maybe it'll give you some idea of the meaning...my sis has a lot of these books and really believes in them...me I don't know...but they're fun to look at anyway.

Zelda

sodascouts
04-14-2012, 08:57 PM
I think it was a cool dream, Austin!

Windeagle
04-14-2012, 11:07 PM
ETA: You know - I just got to thinking. A lot of my dreams occur at celebrations for me or parties held for me.... I wonder what that means?! :hilarious:

Maybe it's because of those concert parties you've told us about. They sound like a lot of fun and they probably are very special to you, so variations of them show up in your dreams.

EaglesKiwi
04-15-2012, 05:21 AM
And then I remember saying to myself..... and I quote "OMG wait until I tell everyone on the Border this!!!!!!".
I loved this bit!! Great dream, Austin.

Personally, I think our dreams are a combination of things we are excited about, worried about, things we need to do, plus issues that are unresolved and our (sub)conscious desires and fears. Not necessarily all at once. :razz: One example that we can probably all relate to is dreaming something is going to go wrong before a concert!:doh:

sodascouts
04-15-2012, 03:07 PM
I think reading this thread late last night made me have an Eagles dream, too!

In my dream, I'm not a participant. It's like I'm watching it on TV.

Glenn (as he looks today) is a spy. He is recording a secret conversation between two enemy agents, hiding in the trees nearby as they talk. He is recording something that will uncover their evil deeds. The enemy agents look like something out an old move - they're wearing trenchcoats, hats, and sunglasses. They finish and he slips away. It is time now to go to his contact and set up a meeting with another American agent.

His contact works at the first window of the McDonald's drive-thru. He orders chicken mcnuggets and she asks him if he wants free tater tots. He says yes. This is their secret signal. He pulls up and tells her to arrange for their government contact to meet him in the park where he will pass the US agent the recording. She takes his cash.

He then pulls up to the second drive-thru window to receive his food. The woman at the second window tells him that he can have special mcnuggets shaped like hearts for free. "Cool!" he says excitedly. She opens the bag, sees the tater tots, and slips in the special mcnuggets.

"Did you get these tater tots free?" She asks.

"Yes!" Glenn says happily. "I love tater tots. It's my lucky day!"

What Glenn doesn't know is that she is an enemy spy! She knows the secret tater tot signal, too! She now knows Glenn is a spy. She reports him to her superior at McDonald's (apparently this McDonald's is a den of spies). He says "I can't believe he told you he got those free. How could one of America's top agents be so careless? Didn't he suspect something when you asked?"

"I guess he was just really excited about the free tater tots and forgot himself," the McDonald's lady says.

"Well, he's done it now," the manager replies. "We'll have him followed."

Glenn shows up at the park in a Superman costume and now looks exactly like he does on the OOTN album. His fellow agent shows up in a pink bunny costume. You can't see his face as he has a big bunny head on. These disguises are how they are recognizable to each other.

They meet and Glenn slips him the recording. Just then two enemy agents who are also in the park rush them. The man in the bunny costume has a jet pack and is able to rocket up and out of harm. Glenn is left with two agents pointing guns at him.

"Give us the recording!" One of them orders.

"What recording?" Glenn asks innocently.

"We'll get it out of you!" One of them men cries and the two slowly walk toward him. "You're coming with us or we'll shoot you right here! Your Superman costume cannot protect you!"

At that moment, the friendly agent in the sky drops a rope down. Glenn grabs it, quickly wraps it around his body while the enemy agents look on (!) and then he is lifted into the sky. One of the enemy agents says, "Maybe he really was Superman! He can fly! But who knew Superman would have such long hair?"

Then suddenly the dream shifts from this being a program on TV to this being a reality. I'm watching CNN and President Obama is awarding a medal of honor to Glenn because his recoding of the enemy plans has saved the free world. Glenn now looks like he did during the HFO period. He is wearing his jeans and black T-shirt from the HFO video and looks very sexy!

Obama then announces that as a celebration, the Eagles will re-form with the original line-up (apparently they were broken up in my dream). Glenn signals Obama "no", shaking his head. Obama asks "The Hotel California line-up?" Glenn shakes his head again. "All of the line-ups together?" Obama asks. Sighing, Glenn comes up to the mike himself and Obama steps aside.

"We fired Bernie and Randy. It is the Long Run line-up," Glenn explains.

"Oh- sorry!" Obama apologizes.

"That's ok," Glenn smiles. "And Don Henley deserves an award too. He was also working with me as a spy while we toured in the seventies. That's why we had to fire Bernie and Randy. They weren't spies and they were starting to get suspicious. Sorry, Bernie and Randy," he says into the mike. He turns to the side. "Come on up, Don!" The man in the bunny costume walks up, the one with the jet back. He removes the bunny head and reveals himself. It is OOTN Don, and his afro has gotten all smushed while he wore the bunny head. I feel sorry for him. However, the wind comes along and makes it perk up nicely. He unzips the costume and steps out of it. He is wearing the outfit from the boat photo with jeans and a denim shirt with several buttons undone. He looks hot in more ways than one. Apparently the bunny costume made him very sweaty.

I'm watching all this on CNN, remember, and I'm delighted. "The Eagles are getting back together!" I say happily. Then I get confused. "I thought they fired Don Felder... maybe he was getting suspicious too... but then why did Glenn say they were reuniting was the Long Run line-up... Don Felder is in that lineup... something is not right here..."

Apparently all this confusion was too much for me, because that is when I woke up!

You know, despite the nonsensical elements, this was actually a pretty cohesive dream compared to some I've had!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-15-2012, 03:21 PM
OMG!! I'm seriously :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I love your dreams, Soda. I'll agree that HFO Glenn was sexy, his current look more than does it for me. Maybe the recent out-of-country tour brought this on? I do have to ask what you had to drink before going to bed, though!

sodascouts
04-15-2012, 03:33 PM

Glenn (as he looks today) is a spy. He is recording a secret conversation between two enemy agents, hiding in the trees nearby as they talk. He is recording something that will uncover their evil deeds. The enemy agents look like something out an old move - they're wearing trenchcoats, hats, and sunglasses. They finish and he slips away. It is time now to go to his contact and set up a meeting with another American agent.

His contact works at the first window of the McDonald's drive-thru. He orders chicken mcnuggets and she asks him if he wants free tater tots. He says yes. This is their secret signal. He pulls up and tells her to arrange for their government contact to meet him in the park where he will pass the US agent the recording. She takes his cash.

He then pulls up to the second drive-thru window to receive his food. The woman at the second window tells him that he can have special mcnuggets shaped like hearts for free. "Cool!" he says excitedly. She opens the bag, sees the tater tots, and slips in the special mcnuggets.

What Glenn doesn't know is that she is an enemy spy! She knows the secret tater tot signal, too! She now knows Glenn is a spy. She reports him to her superior at McDonald's (apparently this McDonald's is a den of spies). He says "I can't believe he told you he got those free. How could one of America's top agents be so careless? Didn't he suspect something when you asked?"

"I guess he was just really excited about the free tater tots and forgot himself," the McDonald's lady says.

Glenn shows up at the park in a Superman costume and now looks exactly like he does on the OOTN album. His fellow agent shows up in a pink bunny costume. You can't see his face as he has a big bunny head on. These disguises are how they are recognizable to each other.

They meet and Glenn slips him the recording. Just then two enemy agents who are also in the park rush them. The man in the bunny costume has a jet pack and is able to rocket up and out of harm. Glenn is left with two agents pointing guns at him.

"We'll get it out of you!" One of them men cries and the two slowly walk toward him. "You're coming with us or we'll shoot you right here! Your Superman costume cannot protect you!"

At that moment, the friendly agent in the sky drops a rope down. Glenn grabs it, quickly wraps it around his body while the enemy agents look on (!) and then he is lifted into the sky. One of the enemy agents says, "Maybe he really was Superman! He can fly! But who knew Superman would have such long hair?"

Then suddenly the dream shifts from this being a program on TV to this being a reality. I'm watching CNN and President Obama is awarding a medal of honor to Glenn because his recoding of the enemy plans has saved the free world. Glenn now looks like he did during the HFO period. He is wearing his jeans and black T-shirt from the HFO video and looks very sexy!

Obama then announces that as a celebration, the Eagles will re-form with the original line-up (apparently they were broken up in my dream). Glenn signals Obama "no", shaking his head. Obama asks "The Hotel California line-up?" Glenn shakes his head again. "All of the line-ups together?" Obama asks. Sighing, Glenn comes up to the mike himself and Obama steps aside.

"That's ok," Glenn smiles. "And Don Henley deserves an award too. He was also working with me as a spy while we toured in the seventies. That's why we had to fire Bernie and Randy. They weren't spies and they were starting to get suspicious. Sorry, Bernie and Randy," he says into the mike. He turns to the side. "Come on up, Don!" The man in the bunny costume walks up, the one with the jet back. He removes the bunny head and reveals himself. It is OOTN Don, and his afro has gotten all smushed while he wore the bunny head. I feel sorry for him. However, the wind comes along and makes it perk up nicely. He unzips the costume and steps out of it. He is wearing the outfit from the boat photo with jeans and a denim shirt with several buttons undone. He looks hot in more ways than one. Apparently the bunny costume made him very sweaty.

I'm watching all this on CNN, remember, and I'm delighted. "The Eagles are getting back together!" I say happily. Then I get confused. "I thought they fired Don Felder... maybe he was getting suspicious too... but then why did Glenn say they were reuniting was the Long Run line-up... Don Felder is in that lineup... something is not right here..."

Apparently all this confusion was too much for me, because that is when I woke up!

You know, despite the nonsensical elements, this was actually a pretty cohesive dream compared to some I've had!OMG!! I'm seriously :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I love your dreams, Soda. I'll agree that HFO Glenn was sexy, his current look more than does it for me. Maybe the recent out-of-country tour brought this on? I do have to ask what you had to drink before going to bed, though!

Yeah, he still looks good! One of the bizarre elements was that Glenn is apparently able to change his appearance at will in my dream, lol.

I did have a wee bit of rum in my Coke Zero last night - just one ounce though! I hadn't thought about their trip overseas, especially to the Middle East, bringing on my "Eagles espionage" dream but that would make sense.

zeldabjr
04-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Hi Soda...your dream is priceless!... I had a dream last night too, but mine is pale in comparison...

My dream took place at my mother's house in the country...the house is surrounded by big tall pine trees...There was some kind of storm and one of the trees crashed on the house(which actually did happen in 1979 without too much damage). But in my dream the tree really did a good job and smashed all the way down to the first floor... I ran out to the garage where my brother was( I guess he was the only other person home besides me) He apparently is deaf because he didn't hear the crash.. I said "Brad, a tree just smashed through the house." He said " go call 911." so I did. but five, ten, twenty minutes go by and no firemen or police show up. I went back out to the garage and told him" no one has shown up yet what should I do?" He said " go call again"...so I did...About five minutes go by and who shows up... no police or firemen, but all four Eagles. They come walking into the house (Timothy had on the goofy white shirt from SA/Dubai) and said " we're here to help. They kept saying things like" man what a mess" and "where do we start?" They started picking up things and moving things around...apparently my brother wasn't interested in helping because he never came in from the garage. After about fifteen minutes of the Eagles helping me clean up the mess I said " You guys have done enough, thanks. Why don't we all sit down and you can sing to me! They did exactly that and I forgot all about the tree that smashed through my mom's house. I don't remember anything they sang though... too bad. Zelda

Prettymaid
04-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Craziest freakin' dream I think I've ever had!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, all dreams are crazy. Er, some more than others...

CRA-ZY!!!!!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Hey, the crazy dreams are still good compared to mine. I dreamed about trying to get my weed eater started. I apparently need a wee bit more rum in my Coke before bedtime.

WalshFan88
04-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Oh, all dreams are crazy. Er, some more than others...

CRA-ZY!!!!!!!

WalshFan88
04-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Maybe it's because of those concert parties you've told us about. They sound like a lot of fun and they probably are very special to you, so variations of them show up in your dreams.

That could be!

WalshFan88
04-15-2012, 07:03 PM

You know, despite the nonsensical elements, this was actually a pretty cohesive dream compared to some I've had!

:hilarious:. My dreams are sometimes hard to remember all of the details. I remember bits and pieces but always have hazy parts or things I cannot remember exactly.

04-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Wow - looks likes it's been a very dreamy weekend on The Border! These are all great - weird, but great! :wink:

TimothyBFan
04-16-2012, 07:27 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:I'm sitting here in tears after reading your dream, Soda! I completely lost it at...
"He then pulls up to the second drive-thru window to receive his food. The woman at the second window tells him that he can have special mcnuggets shaped like hearts for free. "Cool!" he says excitedly. She opens the bag, sees the tater tots, and slips in the special mcnuggets.

OMG!!!! To freakin' funny, and the Superman outfit... :laugh:

And Austin--- I love the fact you thought about The Border in your dream!! Very cool!!! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
04-16-2012, 11:54 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:I'm sitting here in tears after reading your dream, Soda! I completely lost it at...
"He then pulls up to the second drive-thru window to receive his food. The woman at the second window tells him that he can have special mcnuggets shaped like hearts for free. "Cool!" he says excitedly. She opens the bag, sees the tater tots, and slips in the special mcnuggets.

OMG!!!! To freakin' funny, and the Superman outfit... :laugh:

I think this part of the dream may have been brought on by my own enjoyment of chicken mcnuggets and, to a lesser extent, tater tots! lol

zeldabjr
04-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Soda, I keep thinking of your dream and laughing...you deserve some kind of Border award for it..."Border Dream of the Century" or something like that... should be mandatory reading for all Borderers!

zelda

EaglesKiwi
04-18-2012, 04:24 AM
It is OOTN Don, and his afro has gotten all smushed while he wore the bunny head. I feel sorry for him. However, the wind comes along and makes it perk up nicely. He unzips the costume and steps out of it. He is wearing the outfit from the boat photo with jeans and a denim shirt with several buttons undone. He looks hot in more ways than one. Apparently the bunny costume made him very sweaty.
Soda, this whole dream is just hysterical, but the wind perking up Don's hair?. Priceless! :laugh:

AND you got the open shirt and sweat!! :jealous: :hilarious:

What a shame I don't drink rum!

Prettymaid
04-18-2012, 07:07 AM
Soda, I keep thinking of your dream and laughing...you deserve some kind of Border award for it..."Border Dream of the Century" or something like that... should be mandatory reading for all Borderers!

zelda

Well, we did vote for the best Soda dream in this thread where we celebrated Soda's 10,000 posts!

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1963&highlight=Congratulations+sodascouts+10%2C000+post s&page=5

Of course, she's had a lot more dreams since then!

sodascouts
04-18-2012, 10:13 AM
The Soda's Subconscious Hall of Fame as of Sept. 2009. I still think that General Hospital dream was the most exciting Eagles dream I ever had!

Prettymaid
04-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Yeh, it was exciting, but not quite as weird as some of the others!

Troubadour
04-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Ah, Glenn and I have something in common - I loooooove tater tots! Became a bit obsessed with them when I was in the States. I don't think we get them over here. :(

GlennLover
04-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Well, we did vote for the best Soda dream in this thread where we celebrated Soda's 10,000 posts!

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1963&highlight=Congratulations+sodascouts+10%2C000+post s&page=5

Of course, she's had a lot more dreams since then!

This one would be right up there with the best of them! :rofl:

Topkat
04-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Cool dream Austin!!

Topkat
04-18-2012, 04:15 PM
I had a very strange dream myself last night about Glenn. It was a little steamy, so I'm not sure I should post it, but I guess I can G rate it!!! LOL
It was odd because I never really even think about Glenn.

I have been taking a sleeping medication & it is causing me to have a lot of really weird dreams lately. Some of them are scary. I am sleeping better, but I am dreaming a lot more or I am remembering them a lot more. They are really vivid dreams.

Prettymaid
04-18-2012, 05:46 PM
I had a very strange dream myself last night about Glenn. It was a little steamy, so I'm not sure I should post it, but I guess I can G rate it!!! LOL

BOO!!!! :thumbsdown: ;-)

Topkat
04-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Yeah, well after that dream, I may be thinking about him a bit more!! LOL

zeldabjr
04-18-2012, 06:29 PM

I have been taking a sleeping medication & it is causing me to have a lot of really weird dreams lately. Some of them are scary. I am sleeping better, but I am dreaming a lot more or I am remembering them a lot more. They are really vivid dreams.

Isn't it weird when you have a dream like that about someone you've never thought about that way before...you may never think of Glenn the same! PS I find your signature very disturbing:blush:

zelda

sodascouts
04-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Yeah, well after that dream, I may be thinking about him a bit more!! LOL

I bet! lol!

I have a lot of weird dreams, but very few hot dreams. Wanna trade? lol

Topkat
04-18-2012, 06:36 PM
You know I think it was Soda's avi from Desperado that inspired that dream about Glenn, because that's the Glenn that was in my dream!That's how he looked.:-o Yeah, pretty good!

Windeagle
04-18-2012, 10:03 PM
You know I think it was Soda's avi from Desperado that inspired that dream about Glenn, because that's the Glenn that was in my dream!That's how he looked.:-o Yeah, pretty good!

Yeah, I'm loving Soda's avatar too. I kept catching myself staring at her posts to watch the avatar run all day today. Sigh.

Brooke
04-19-2012, 10:52 AM
I finally got to read the latest dreams. Very strange everyone! :hilarious:

Soda, Glenn in the superman suit with long hair and Don in the bunny costume and his messed up afro-too funny!

I'd also like to have one like Tk! It sounds very interesting! :eyebrow:

sodascouts
04-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I'm loving Soda's avatar too. I kept catching myself staring at her posts to watch the avatar run all day today. Sigh.

Thanks. I actually find myself staring at it as well. :lol:

Topkat
04-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Yeah, and Brooke's Avi & Siggy....I can't get Glenn out of my head these past few days......:thud:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Yeah, and Brooke's Avi & Siggy....I can't get Glenn out of my head these past few days......:thud:

Welcome to my world...

Brooke
04-19-2012, 01:45 PM
I know, I love Soda's av and sig too and she inspired me to try new ones in celebration of Desperado. Love the cowboy look on all the guys!

Be careful Tk, Glenn just might choose you too! :wink:

sodascouts
04-19-2012, 01:55 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/GFreyVB07.jpg

SAVE A HORSE. RIDE A COWBOY!

Henley Honey
04-19-2012, 02:02 PM
I'm all ready to saddle up!

Topkat
04-19-2012, 05:48 PM
SODA.......I just came home & saw that picture....You're F...ing KILLING ME

I'm going to post my dream, so you can all drool along with me!
Don't worry, it won't be too graphic!

zeldabjr
04-19-2012, 09:24 PM
As you all know, my dreams lie elsewhere...but I do have to admit Glenn looks pretty hot as a cowboy...

zelda

GlennLover
04-19-2012, 09:50 PM

:drool: :drool: :drool: Now if that doesn't inspire some dreams I don't know what will!

EaglesKiwi
04-20-2012, 04:11 AM

Oh, okay, if you insist. :nahnah::lol:

Topkat
04-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Here's my Glenn dream & yes, he looks exactly like that picture!!

It takes place in some really remote little town in the south or the Midwest, I’m not even sure where this is, but it’s some deadbeat town.

I am a hooker on my very first “trick”. I’m about 18 or 19 years old. They pay me in advance & tell me to wait at this hotel room for the “client” The hotel is kind of seedy and it’s in a really deserted area. I’m in the room & I’m really nervous, so I pour myself a scotch because that is the only booze there. I’m wearing some kind of red satin garter belt thing, with black stockings & black heels. I’m smoking a cigarette & waiting around for a pretty long time & then…..Who walks in the room, but Glenn. This is the early 70’s Glenn; the Desperado Glenn. He’s got the really long hair, the scruffy face; & he’s pretty stoned. Anyway, I’m not sure if I know who he is or not, but he is not expecting me there, and he looks at me & says….

“Well, well, well what do we have here?” And I tell him that I’m his girl for the night and he starts laughing and he says, “Well then, let’s party.” Then he pulls out a big bag of coke & he offers me some, so we do some lines together. Then we lie on the bed & he puts the rest of the coke all over me & licks it off. I assume that we have sex, but I didn’t really remember if we did or not.

Then after he says to me, “Why are you doing this?” and I tell him that I need money for college, and I need a new car because my car is breaking down. He says, “Well you know this could get dangerous. You’re lucky that I’m such a nice guy.”

Then he goes into his wallet & gives me a big fat wad of cash…..all the money he has in it. I think it’s a few hundred dollars. I told him that I have already been paid, but he tells me to take it anyway. So I leave his room and I go out to my car & I have a flat tire. I’m like in the middle of nowhere and it’s probably about 3 or 4 in the morning by now and I’m a little scared… So I go back & knock on Glenn’s door and he let’s me in, & I tell him I’ve got a flat, so he tells me I can stay over till the morning.

But suddenly Glenn wants to go out, & next thing I knew Glenn & I are dancing in some sleazy bar having a really great time. There are a bunch of old drunk men at the bar & they are watching us, but we didn’t care. They were playing Motown music & we are just dancing and having fun, and then I suddenly woke up.

GlennLover
04-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Woo, hoo, hoo, TK! Very hot indeed! :partytime: I only got a kiss in my dream, LOL!

zeldabjr
04-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Wow Topkat...just a little bit steamy...love it...I'm sure Glenn was a very nice guy.:blush:

zelda

sodascouts
04-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Dang!!!! I like it all except the cocaine aspect. I can think of lots of other things I wouldn't mind being licked off me though. ;)

Brooke
04-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Wow Tk! Now that's a dream! :partytime:

It takes place in some really remote little town in the south or the Midwest, I’m not even sure where this is, but it’s some deadbeat town.

That could be my town! :lol:

the Desperado Glenn. He’s got the really long hair, the scruffy face; & he’s pretty stoned.

You mean this one Tk? :drool:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Frey/GFreyVB07desperado.jpg

Visuals help here! :lol:

sodascouts
04-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Just keep bringin' that one forward, my friend! :pimp:

TimothyBFan
04-20-2012, 03:18 PM
I can think of lots of other things I wouldn't mind being licked off me though. ;)

:blush: My, my, another naughty groupie heard from!!! :hilarious:

Topkat
04-20-2012, 04:42 PM
You mean this one Tk? :drool:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Frey/GFreyVB07desperado.jpg

Visuals help here! :lol:

YEP, That's the one.....Now I've got a whole new appreciation of Desperado & GLENN:partytime:

zeldabjr
04-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Don't you love the way dreams like this seem to linger in your mind way longer than "normal" ones...or is it just me?

zelda

sodascouts
04-21-2012, 11:18 PM
No - me too, I assure you!

Topkat
04-22-2012, 11:08 AM
I will never look at Glenn the same again!

zeldabjr
04-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Well I had a sort of dirty dream last night...I was in a restaurant having lunch with three girlfriends...but this wasn't any ordinary lunch date...we were all there because we had a common interest...sleeping with the Eagles...it was kind of like a book club discussion group only better!...Every month we got together and discussed last month's "Eagle of the Month"...now this group just kept rotating on a continuous basis...so each of us had slept with the "Eagle of the Month" during the last four weeks...and we got together to "discuss" and compare notes...Of course this lunch's topic was TBS...We all were putting our two cents in about him...I can't say all that was said...but I remember at the end saying " yeah, but wasn't it great waking up to that sleepy eyed, messy haired guy who said " how did I do?"...that's all I remember...oh but the topic for next month was Don...

zelda

VAisForEagleLovers
04-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Well I had a sort of dirty dream last night...I was in a restaurant having lunch with three girlfriends...but this wasn't any ordinary lunch date...we were all there because we had a common interest...sleeping with the Eagles...it was kind of like a book club discussion group only better!...Every month we got together and discussed last month's "Eagle of the Month"...now this group just kept rotating on a continuous basis...so each of us had slept with the "Eagle of the Month" during the last four weeks...and we got together to "discuss" and compare notes...Of course this lunch's topic was TBS...We all were putting our two cents in about him...I can't say all that was said...but I remember at the end saying " yeah, but wasn't it great waking up to that sleepy eyed, messy haired guy who said " how did I do?"...that's all I remember...oh but the topic for next month was Don...

zelda

Oh my!! I'm seriously laughing here!! This is great. This sounds like the bizarre dreams I have only mine are never this interesting. So...did you answer him?

sodascouts
04-22-2012, 07:28 PM
lol!! That club sounds like something else. ;)

zeldabjr
04-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Oh my!! I'm seriously laughing here!! This is great. This sounds like the bizarre dreams I have only mine are never this interesting. So...did you answer him?

you know I don't think I did...at least I don't remember that I did...:blush
zelda

Glennhoney
04-22-2012, 07:48 PM
lol!! That club sounds like something else. ;)

...seriously, I want to join that club....:nod:

TimothyBFan
04-23-2012, 07:15 AM
I heard this on the news this morning and of course I instantly thought of this thread.

For all of you that claim you never dream or don't dream about the Eagles... have I got great news for you.... there's an app for that. :hilarious:

http://www.techspreads.com/2011/03/dream-control-application-for-iphone.html

Topkat
04-23-2012, 07:49 AM
I heard this on the news this morning and of course I instantly thought of this thread.

For all of you that claim you never dream or don't dream about the Eagles... have I got great news for you.... there's an app for that. :hilarious:

That's an app I may be interested in, but I highly doubt it works. lol

zeldabjr
04-23-2012, 11:33 AM

ha ha that's a good one...I'm not needing any help lately but for future use maybe.

zelda

GlennLover
04-23-2012, 12:18 PM
That's an app I may be interested in, but I highly doubt it works. lol

Might be worth a try :grin:! ;)

Brooke
04-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Ok, so now I wish I had a smartphone. :roll:

zeldabjr
06-01-2012, 03:43 PM
I should have known this would happen after this week!...I had a dream about guess who last night?...Timothy B was my hairdresser...he specialized in doing really long hair...his hair was more HFO like in my dream...I had really long hair so I decided to try out this guy everyone was telling me about...when I got to the place I saw him and said " You look very familiar...have I seen you somewhere before?"...He said "yeah I'm Timothy B Schmit of the Eagles, maybe that's where you've seen me before"...I said "No I don't think that's it, but I think I have seen you before somewhere before"...I said " What are you doing here in a hair salon?"..He said .." well I get bored when the Eagles aren't touring and someone had told me I'm really good (with hair)...so this is what I do now until the Eagles tour again...but I only do really long hair like mine"...So Timothy B did my hair...took about an hour and a half...but my hair never looked better...I told him '"Wow you are good"...oh yeah and he sang to me while he did my hair.."LWKUA"...

Windeagle
06-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Wow, cool dream, Zelda!

I had a weird Joe dream last night. We were bushwacking on some hiking adventure through a swamp. Go figure! It was a really long dream, but I don't remember any specifics, other than Joe bearing a machete and leading the way, acting rather Indiana-Jones-like.

Brooke
06-01-2012, 04:24 PM
I should have known this would happen after this week!...I had a dream about guess who last night?...Timothy B was my hairdresser...he specialized in doing really long hair...his hair was more HFO like in my dream...I had really long hair so I decided to try out this guy everyone was telling me about...when I got to the place I saw him and said " You look very familiar...have I seen you somewhere before?"...He said "yeah I'm Timothy B Schmit of the Eagles, maybe that's where you've seen me before"...I said "No I don't think that's it, but I think I have seen you before somewhere before"...I said " What are you doing here in a hair salon?"..He said .." well I get bored when the Eagles aren't touring and someone had told me I'm really good (with hair)...so this is what I do now until the Eagles tour again...but I only do really long hair like mine"...So Timothy B did my hair...took about an hour and a half...but my hair never looked better...I told him '"Wow you are good"...oh yeah and he sang to me while he did my hair.."LWKUA"...

OMG, what a dream! :lol:

zeldabjr
06-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Wow, cool dream, Zelda!

I had a weird Joe dream last night. We were bushwacking on some hiking adventure through a swamp. Go figure! It was a really long dream, but I don't remember any specifics, other than Joe bearing a machete and leading the way, acting rather Indiana-Jones-like.

oooh...I like the sound of this...I can picture Joe...too bad you can't remember more!!

Koala
06-02-2012, 12:23 AM
What for cool dreams zeldabjr and WE!!!

sodascouts
06-02-2012, 07:23 PM
WE - Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of my favorite movies ever, and I had a huge crush on Harrison Ford for the longest time. Thus, having Joe as "Indiana Jones" would be very hot indeed. ;)

zelda - I have had my hair cut by a Tim Schmit - no lie! Sadly, it was not the one in your dream, lol, just an ordinary average guy who ironically was balding. It was a lot more fun reading your dream!

zeldabjr
06-02-2012, 09:42 PM
WE - Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of my favorite movies ever, and I had a huge crush on Harrison Ford for the longest time. Thus, having Joe as "Indiana Jones" would be very hot indeed. ;)

zelda - I have had my hair cut by a Tim Schmit - no lie! Sadly, it was not the one in your dream, lol, just an ordinary average guy who ironically was balding. It was a lot more fun reading your dream!

Oh Soda that is too funny...I'm sure yours didn't sing to you either like mine did!!

TimothyBFan
06-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Had a really dumb Eagles dream last night.

I was in an audience (didn't know anybody, so must have been alone), sitting in the front row, off to the right of the stage. I looked over to my left and noticed Marjorie Walsh sitting in the audience also. Then people started clapping and I looked up at the stage and Joe walked out. He was raising his hands in the air and nodding at everyone.

Once it calmed down a bit, he walked to the microphone and shouted, "How ya doin'" and the place erupted again. He then made a comment like "I'm here to introduce you to my new baby". He turned around and walked over to the guy standing off to the side of the stage and told him to bring it out. Couldn't see what he was handed but when he walked to the front of the stage, he told everyone he was going to pass it around. He walked to a person a few people down from me and I still couldn't see what he had, and handed him the bundle. They started passing it down and when it got to the woman next to me, she started to drop it and I realized it was a real baby. Joe jumped down off the stage and grabbed it and Marjorie came running. I got really mad because I didn't get a chance to hold it because that woman almost dropped the baby and Joe & Marjorie were mad.

That's all I remember. :laugh: Told you it was stupid. All I can think of is that the baby is actually a reference to Joe's album. and I must be thinking about seeing him next weekend at Ribfest? Analyze that one! :laugh:

zeldabjr
06-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Had a really dumb Eagles dream last night.

I was in an audience (didn't know anybody, so must have been alone), sitting in the front row, off to the right of the stage. I looked over to my left and noticed Marjorie Walsh sitting in the audience also. Then people started clapping and I looked up at the stage and Joe walked out. He was raising his hands in the air and nodding at everyone.

Once it calmed down a bit, he walked to the microphone and shouted, "How ya doin'" and the place erupted again. He then made a comment like "I'm here to introduce you to my new baby". He turned around and walked over to the guy standing off to the side of the stage and told him to bring it out. Couldn't see what he was handed but when he walked to the front of the stage, he told everyone he was going to pass it around. He walked to a person a few people down from me and I still couldn't see what he had, and handed him the bundle. They started passing it down and when it got to the woman next to me, she started to drop it and I realized it was a real baby. Joe jumped down off the stage and grabbed it and Marjorie came running. I got really mad because I didn't get a chance to hold it because that woman almost dropped the baby and Joe & Marjorie were mad.

That's all I remember. :laugh: Told you it was stupid. All I can think of is that the baby is actually a reference to Joe's album. and I must be thinking about seeing him next weekend at Ribfest? Analyze that one! :laugh:

Maybe it's a premonition...how old is Marjorie? anyone know?

Windeagle
06-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Maybe it's a premonition...how old is Marjorie? anyone know?

Beyond baby-age, I believe. Hasn't Joe made reference in recent interviews to an extended family with her children? It sounded like they were grown children to me.

I think you're right about the baby being a reference to the new album, particularly since Marjorie was instrumental in prodding Joe to finish it.

GlennLover
06-15-2012, 11:14 AM
LOL, Willie! Yes it must be all the recent hubbub about Joe & the new album (interviews, etc) & the fact that you will be seeing him live, but our subconscience sure can come up with some weird scenarios, can't it! :laugh:

06-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Willie - That dream is a hoot. Hope when you see Joe in a few weeks that there are no ... er ... 'announcements'. lol I'm not sure how old Marjorie is, but I'm gonna guess she's somewhere between her mid-fifties to early sixties - like Windeagle said - a bit beyond child-bearing age for most of us. :razz: Can't remember how, but I also got the impression that she has grown children (or at least, child) too.

Topkat
06-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Joe mentioned in a few interviews that Marjorie has children from a previous marriage, but the ages were not mentioned, but I don't think they are too young. I would think she is at least 50 or a bit older.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-23-2012, 10:58 AM
If I dream of Glenn singing, does that count as an Eagle dream?

Last night I dreamed I was sitting on the porch at my mother's house. My grandparents lived there when they were still alive, and the porch looked like it did back then, probably 45 years ago. But I sat on the step and I was the age I am now, not 5. I was singing along to Glenn's new CD and My Buddy came on. Out of nowhere my grandfather walked up and sat beside me, put his arm around me and sang along. When the song was over, he just...disappeared. The next song came on and I tried to sing along, but I woke up instead. It was so real, I swear I physically felt his arm around me.

zeldabjr
06-23-2012, 03:03 PM

Last night I dreamed I was sitting on the porch at my mother's house. My grandparents lived there when they were still alive, and the porch looked like it did back then, probably 45 years ago. But I sat on the step and I was the age I am now, not 5. I was singing along to Glenn's new CD and My Buddy came on. Out of nowhere my grandfather walked up and sat beside me, put his arm around me and sang along. When the song was over, he just...disappeared. The next song came on and I tried to sing along, but I woke up instead. It was so real, I swear I physically felt his arm around me.

VA that is an amazing dream...I think your grandfather is definitely watching over you!!!

zeldabjr
06-23-2012, 03:08 PM
I had an Eagles dream last night!...I dreamed I was in a mall...in some clothing store trying to find an outfit to wear to their concert...and all they were playing in the store was Eagles music...I told my friend wow listen they're playing all Eagles music in here today...we left the store and were walking through the mall and again there was Eagles music being played throughout the mall...I remember thinking wow this is bizarre but I love it...we went into store after store and Eagles music was everywhere..in every store...That's all I remember...but I know I love that mall whatever it was!!!

Brooke
06-23-2012, 05:50 PM
VA, what a neat, bittersweet dream!

And zelda, I want to go to that mall too!

Windeagle
06-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Cool dreams, VA and Zelda!

EaglesKiwi
06-24-2012, 03:20 AM

What a beautiful dream, Verna. And now whenever you hear Glenn singing My Buddy you'll think of how much your grandfather loved you. :smile:

GlennLover
06-24-2012, 02:33 PM
What a beautiful dream, Verna. And now whenever you hear Glenn singing My Buddy you'll think of how much your grandfather loved you. :smile:

Very touching, VA! :-) I think your grandfather was actually there with you too.

zelda, I would't get any shopping done in that mall! I'd be too preoccupied with the music!

06-24-2012, 02:42 PM
As allways, I love reading this thread. 'Sweet' dreams, VA and Zelda!

Troubadour
06-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Verna, that is such a lovely dream.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-24-2012, 04:05 PM
I called my mother yesterday and told her about the dream and she cried a little. Oddly enough, she'd dreamed of him that night, too. As I mentioned in my song by song review, my grandfather used to sing this to me when I was very small. I didn't remember that until this CD came out and as Glenn sang it, I was instantly taken back to that porch (though not on the step) and I remembered my grandfather sitting next to me and singing it as we looked out at the garden. This dream, though, wasn't about the past. An amazing, wonderful dream I hope I remember forever.