PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming of the Eagles

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

zeldabjr
05-27-2013, 04:00 PM
most of my dreams are about one certain Eagle...and I think he always looks current in them...don't think I've ever dreamed of seventies Timothy...I remember one dream that had Don in it...and that was current Don too...

Prettymaid
05-27-2013, 05:57 PM
My one and only Eagles dream was of Joe, and it's post #610. It's 70's Joe, and I posted a picture of what he looked like in my dream. Wow, that was June of 2010. Wish I had them more often.

mustangkim11
05-27-2013, 05:58 PM
My one and only Eagles dream was of Joe, and it's post #610. It's 70's Joe, and I posted a picture of what he looked like in my dream. Wow, that was June of 2010. Wish I had them more often.

Nice, I'll have to go look now.

ETA-I went back and read your post about Joe. Too bad you didn't get to 'hose him off'! <Snicker> :nahnah:

sodascouts
05-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Oh I know! PM needed a part 2 to her dream (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113892&postcount=610). Guess it's too late now!

zeldabjr
05-27-2013, 10:50 PM
Glad my dream is entertaining to more than just me! ;)

PM, I hadn't noticed the pattern of espionage in my Eagles dreams before, but when I look back at my list of dreams (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=187288&postcount=1258) you're right, there's several that contain that element or at least have a "solve the mystery" element. Wonder what the heck that means?!

omg...for the new people...take a peek at Soda's list of dreams...well worth your time...will make you smile if not crack you up...very entertaining!

WalshFan88
05-27-2013, 10:54 PM
LOL Soda, I laughed so hard when it got to the point of Glenn serving the rice Milton sat in. :rofl: So funny. :hilarious:

Prettymaid
05-27-2013, 11:09 PM
Oh I know! PM needed a part 2 to her dream (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113892&postcount=610). Guess it's too late now!

Pshaw! Reading it again today might be just the impetus I need to dream up a sequel! ;-)

Outlawman13
05-28-2013, 01:57 PM
MMM Yes you do PM!!!!

Houston Debutante
05-28-2013, 05:08 PM
omg...for the new people...take a peek at Soda's list of dreams...well worth your time...will make you smile if not crack you up...very entertaining!

I looked at some of them... WOW.... that waterslide with Don dream was especially nice... 1975 Don dripping wet... I only wish he'd had time to thank you properly before you woke up.

Troubadour
05-29-2013, 05:02 AM
Cathy, I can't believe your dream stopped after the words "Would you like me to hose you off?" Life is cruel! Although, with '70s Joe looking like that (one of my favourite pictures), maybe your mind couldn't handle the extreme hotness to follow! ;)

Troubadour
05-29-2013, 06:35 AM
I actually had an Eagles dream last night - my first one in a while!

I was in some crowded room/corridor area backstage at a '70s Eagles concert and the guys were standing around singing harmonies. Don looked exactly how he does in one of the pictures in the DVD picture booklet - wearing a shirt and jeans, 'fro and no beard, with an adorable half smile on his face (I can take a phone pic of the image when I get home and post it here.) I was obviously a fan and had somehow managed to get backstage during the interval. It was really busy and hot and the air was filled with smoke and sweat, and I was really excited. I was listening to the guys singing Best of My Love, completely in awe of them and of Don in particular. I didn't really know much about him but I thought he was the hottest guy I had ever seen, and I loved the fact that he seemed a bit quieter than the other guys.

Suddenly, Glenn yelled over with a big grin: "Hey, Irving! Bring that girl over. She can sing harmonies too." I looked around, absolutely terrified, hoping he didn't mean me, but sure enough Irving walked over to me, held my hand and winked. "It's okay," he said. "They're harmless really." He led me over to the group and by now every roadie and fan in this area was watching the band. Glenn pulled me between him and Joe and stood with his arm around me. He asked me where I was from (to which I replied "Texas" - I have no idea why) and Joe drawled, amused: "That's a funny accent for a Texas gal..." I remember that Don started cracking up and I blushed beet red because I thought I'd completely blown any chance I had of him thinking I was remotely cool.

Glenn took pity on me after a minute and said "Well, honey, whaddya wanna sing?" I paused for a minute and went "Um... Wasted Time?" They all sort of looked at each other and then Don shrugged and said "Sure." I'm certain I didn't actually do any singing because I just remember Don launching into this beautiful a cappella version of Wasted Time. His face was so passionate and tender and his eyes were closed through most of it... and I was glad Glenn had his arm around me because I'm pretty sure I would have passed out otherwise.

Eventually it was time for them to go back on stage. Glenn gave me a kiss on the cheek and I remember thinking his moustache felt really rough and tickly. And he smelt of beer. All the other guys wandered past me and I was convinced that Don would blank me, but he stopped really close to me, leaned in and whispered "You're cute." Then he kissed me on the cheek really quickly and pressed a piece of paper into my hand. He ran off to the stage and I stared after him dumbly. Then I ran to the bathroom to compose myself and read the note. It said, in really cool old-fashioned cursive writing: "Let's go to Linden sometime. I'm sure you know it, being a Texas gal and all..." Then he signed it with a D and a kiss. I remember grinning to myself like crazy as I walked back through the corridor... then I woke up.

I need this freakin' dream to continue!!!

Glennsallnighter
05-29-2013, 06:57 AM
You do indeed Lou! Its fantastic!! I love it, and both Don and Glenn :heart: are just too cute :inlove:

Outlawman13
05-29-2013, 07:41 AM
I would love a second part too. Don and Glenn are too lovely in there.

Prettymaid
05-29-2013, 08:32 AM
I think it's a great dream as it is! It has a very nice ending, although I can understand why you would want it to continue!

TimothyBFan
05-29-2013, 08:35 AM
Perfect, Lou!!!

Brooke
05-29-2013, 10:11 AM
Troub, what a dream! Love it! It's really more true to life than most dreams are too!

I wish I dreamed. Rarely do I have one.

sodascouts
05-29-2013, 12:45 PM
What a fantastic dream!!

wasl89
05-29-2013, 02:24 PM
What a great dream!

Prettymaid
05-29-2013, 02:27 PM
It's really more true to life than most dreams are too!

This made me chuckle. Oh yeah, this could happen to any one of us! :mrgreen:

Freypower
05-29-2013, 06:37 PM
This made me chuckle. Oh yeah, this could happen to any one of us! :mrgreen:

Especially the kiss on the cheek part. The first one. :twisted:

zeldabjr
05-29-2013, 06:42 PM
oh Lou...what a great dream...you really do need to continue it...Do you really believe those guys are "harmless"?...

Prettymaid
05-29-2013, 06:43 PM

Yep, and you didn't even have to belt out a tune to get it!

Troubadour
05-29-2013, 06:47 PM
oh Lou...what a great dream...you really do need to continue it...Do you really believe those guys are "harmless"?...

Nope! But I'm willing to go along for the ride... :mrgreen:

zeldabjr
05-29-2013, 07:47 PM
me neither...but I'm with you!!! (actually I'd be disappointed if they were harmless)

cricrichan
05-31-2013, 02:25 PM
Soda & Troub - Very detailed and exciting dreams :) Thanks for sharing! Umm ... I haven't had any dreams of the Eagles yet :headshake:

Glennsallnighter
06-04-2013, 05:10 AM

Well of course some of us can speak from experience.......

I had a rather sweet Glenn dream on Saturday night! Funny thing was Lou and I had been chatting on Whatsapp and she had said I needed to dream about Glenn :heart: that night.....

Anything to oblige Troub.......

So anyway, in the early nineties I was working in University College Dublin where I had done my primary degree in the Services department. One of our jobs was in helping run conferences/ events etc. That is the background to the dream

..... So I'm at work one Saturday and my boss ( a guy) comes over to me and says 'did you hear Glenn :heart: Frey is doing a bit of promotional work here today for his new song. I think it's a Christmas one. You like him, don't you? You might as well go out and see it'. Suddenly I'm outside in the grounds and there's a kind of platform and Glenn :heart: is there singing. He's wearing a black t- shirt and jeans and his hair is wavy like in HFO. he's playing a Takamine that he has signed himself across the bottom of it. I think 'its true - mine IS exactly like it'. I watch him sing and then he wraps up and thanks everyone, walking through a small group of us and shaking a few hands. He shakes mine, then holds onto it a few seconds longer and says 'thanks for coming here, I really appreciate it'. I'm thinking 'doesn't he know I work here.... I'm in uniform'. Anyway he is lead off......

Suddenly I'm in a room and I'm looking out over the area and I see that his guitar is still out there and it's leaning against an amplifier. It's dull and cold out and I think 'I'd better rescue Glenn :heart: s guitar before it rains. I go out and take the guitar but I have no idea where he is. So I try to put it in my locker to keep it safe but it won't fit. A few minutes later a security man stops me and says 'hey that's Glenn's guitar - he'll be looking for it'. He has an American accent so I'm pretty sure he is with Glenn :heart:. I respond 'oh good, I've been trying to get it to him'. The guy seems really surprised that I wanted to give it back and I think 'OMG - he thought I was going to try to keep the guitar'
Anyŵay he says to me 'well he's in the restaurant - I'll bring you over so you can give it back to him.' (I don't think he trusted me at all lol).

We go up to the iron stairwell of the restaurant and I ask the guy 'do you think Glenn :heart: will be annoyed that I have his guitar'. He says back 'well don't expect him to write a song about you, but I guess he'll be pretty pleased you found it for him'.

He brings me over to a reserved section of the restaurant and sure enough Glenn :heart: and a few guys are standing around. He comes over to me smiling to take the guitar and I feel relieved, he can't be annoyed with me if he is smiling........ I wonder will I be able to talk to him for a few minutes....

Then I woke up!!

Prettymaid
06-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Good one GA! "Don't expect him to write a song about you"...love it! :hilarious:

Troubadour
06-04-2013, 01:16 PM
I was just about to quote the same part, PM! LOL! I love it, Lis. I can't ever imagine Glenn being annoyed by a pretty woman bringing back his guitar...

Brooke
06-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Nice dream!

Freypower
06-04-2013, 06:50 PM

I had a rather sweet Glenn dream on Saturday night! Funny thing was Lou and I had been chatting on Whatsapp and she had said I needed to dream about Glenn :heart: that night.....

So anyway, in the early nineties I was working in University College Dublin where I had done my primary degree in the Services department. One of our jobs was in helping run conferences/ events etc. That is the background to the dream

..... So I'm at work one Saturday and my boss ( a guy) comes over to me and says 'did you hear Glenn :heart: Frey is doing a bit of promotional work here today for his new song. I think it's a Christmas one. You like him, don't you? You might as well go out and see it'. Suddenly I'm outside in the grounds and there's a kind of platform and Glenn :heart: is there singing. He's wearing a black t- shirt and jeans and his hair is wavy like in HFO. he's playing a Takamine that he has signed himself across the bottom of it. I think 'its true - mine IS exactly like it'. I watch him sing and then he wraps up and thanks everyone, walking through a small group of us and shaking a few hands. He shakes mine, then holds onto it a few seconds longer and says 'thanks for coming here, I really appreciate it'. I'm thinking 'doesn't he know I work here.... I'm in uniform'. Anyway he is lead off......

Suddenly I'm in a room and I'm looking out over the area and I see that his guitar is still out there and it's leaning against an amplifier. It's dull and cold out and I think 'I'd better rescue Glenn :heart: s guitar before it rains. I go out and take the guitar but I have no idea where he is. So I try to put it in my locker to keep it safe but it won't fit. A few minutes later a security man stops me and says 'hey that's Glenn's guitar - he'll be looking for it'. He has an American accent so I'm pretty sure he is with Glenn :heart:. I respond 'oh good, I've been trying to get it to him'. The guy seems really surprised that I wanted to give it back and I think 'OMG - he thought I was going to try to keep the guitar'
Anyŵay he says to me 'well he's in the restaurant - I'll bring you over so you can give it back to him.' (I don't think he trusted me at all lol).

We go up to the iron stairwell of the restaurant and I ask the guy 'do you think Glenn :heart: will be annoyed that I have his guitar'. He says back 'well don't expect him to write a song about you, but I guess he'll be pretty pleased you found it for him'.

He brings me over to a reserved section of the restaurant and sure enough Glenn :heart: and a few guys are standing around. He comes over to me smiling to take the guitar and I feel relieved, he can't be annoyed with me if he is smiling........ I wonder will I be able to talk to him for a few minutes....

Then I woke up!!

Well done for getting 'thanks for coming' into it! :inlove:

Outlawman13
06-04-2013, 08:00 PM
That is an awesome dream GA!!!!

cricrichan
06-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Oh, such a great dream GA! :heart:

sad-cafe
06-05-2013, 02:24 PM
I wish I could dream of them again. I have only had the one dream and it ended way too soon.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Good one GA! "Don't expect him to write a song about you"...love it! :hilarious:

Love it, GA!! It's great.

zeldabjr
06-06-2013, 01:33 AM
great dream GA...why do we always wake from dreams when something good is about to happen right?...

Prettymaid
06-06-2013, 08:25 AM
great dream GA...why do we always wake from dreams when something good is about to happen right?...

Because our minds can't take it! :woah::faint::hilarious:

Ive always been a dreamer
06-06-2013, 09:19 PM
I totally agree with that, PM. :grin:

And I like your dream too, GA - very interesting!

Houston Debutante
06-07-2013, 09:06 PM
I actually had an Eagles dream last night - my first one in a while!

I was in some crowded room/corridor area backstage at a '70s Eagles concert and the guys were standing around singing harmonies. Don looked exactly how he does in one of the pictures in the DVD picture booklet - wearing a shirt and jeans, 'fro and no beard, with an adorable half smile on his face (I can take a phone pic of the image when I get home and post it here.) I was obviously a fan and had somehow managed to get backstage during the interval. It was really busy and hot and the air was filled with smoke and sweat, and I was really excited. I was listening to the guys singing Best of My Love, completely in awe of them and of Don in particular. I didn't really know much about him but I thought he was the hottest guy I had ever seen, and I loved the fact that he seemed a bit quieter than the other guys.

Suddenly, Glenn yelled over with a big grin: "Hey, Irving! Bring that girl over. She can sing harmonies too." I looked around, absolutely terrified, hoping he didn't mean me, but sure enough Irving walked over to me, held my hand and winked. "It's okay," he said. "They're harmless really." He led me over to the group and by now every roadie and fan in this area was watching the band. Glenn pulled me between him and Joe and stood with his arm around me. He asked me where I was from (to which I replied "Texas" - I have no idea why) and Joe drawled, amused: "That's a funny accent for a Texas gal..." I remember that Don started cracking up and I blushed beet red because I thought I'd completely blown any chance I had of him thinking I was remotely cool.

Glenn took pity on me after a minute and said "Well, honey, whaddya wanna sing?" I paused for a minute and went "Um... Wasted Time?" They all sort of looked at each other and then Don shrugged and said "Sure." I'm certain I didn't actually do any singing because I just remember Don launching into this beautiful a cappella version of Wasted Time. His face was so passionate and tender and his eyes were closed through most of it... and I was glad Glenn had his arm around me because I'm pretty sure I would have passed out otherwise.

Eventually it was time for them to go back on stage. Glenn gave me a kiss on the cheek and I remember thinking his moustache felt really rough and tickly. And he smelt of beer. All the other guys wandered past me and I was convinced that Don would blank me, but he stopped really close to me, leaned in and whispered "You're cute." Then he kissed me on the cheek really quickly and pressed a piece of paper into my hand. He ran off to the stage and I stared after him dumbly. Then I ran to the bathroom to compose myself and read the note. It said, in really cool old-fashioned cursive writing: "Let's go to Linden sometime. I'm sure you know it, being a Texas gal and all..." Then he signed it with a D and a kiss. I remember grinning to myself like crazy as I walked back through the corridor... then I woke up.

I need this freakin' dream to continue!!!

I am having total dream jealousy, if that's a real thing!

sodascouts
06-09-2013, 02:29 PM

Then I woke up!!

I love this dream. I just wish you'd gotten to talk to him!

Glennsallnighter
06-11-2013, 07:38 AM
Glad you liked it Soda! It was one of my more coherent dreams about him!

And yes PM, Zelda, Dreamer etc - its just too bad that I never got to talk to him. I think I deserved that much...... eh?

cricrichan
06-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Two nights ago I eventually had my first dream of the Eagles :grin:

In my dream our boys wore cowboy clothing as in Desperado era. I was with them on a photography set where I was working as an assistant and we were all taking a break. Don was talking to Glenn, Randy and Bernie and said he was thirsty - it was summer and was a very hot day - but he forgot his bottle of water at home. "Damn, I'm really getting old as I forgot such an important thing!", he said.

The boys laughed together about his oversight and were sooo adorable :smitten: I was looking carefully at Don's smile, so didn't realize he was talking to me ... "Hey, you ... you, girl! Wake up! Go to the supermarket and buy a bottle of water for me!", Don said. "Y-Ye-Yeah", I just answered ... I was totally enchanted by his smile and his wonderful blue eyes ... And then I woke up :eyebrow: It was a very short and pretty weird dream but I'm so happy about it :yay:

Sorry guys for my awful English ... it's the very first time that I try to describe in English a dream I had in my native language, LOL :wink:

Outlawman13
06-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Ahh there is that dream!!!! What an amazing dream Cristina!!!! I would just want to stare into those eyes as well!!!! If only he didn't say wake up, then maybe it would've been longer. LOL. You speak well Cristina.

Prettymaid
06-12-2013, 06:13 PM
CC, you described your dream perfectly, and it sounds like the perfect dream!

cricrichan
06-12-2013, 06:14 PM
Ahh there is that dream!!!! What an amazing dream Cristina!!!! I would just want to stare into those eyes as well!!!! If only he didn't say wake up, then maybe it would've been longer. LOL. You speak well Cristina.

LOL :lol::lol::lol: This is all Don's fault!!!

cricrichan
06-12-2013, 06:17 PM
CC, you described your dream perfectly, and it sounds like the perfect dream!

Thanks PM ;) I tried to do my best^^ Yeah it was such an amazing dream, seemed to be sooooooo real!!!

zeldabjr
06-12-2013, 06:57 PM

In my dream our boys wore cowboy clothing as in Desperado era. I was with them on a photography set where I was working as an assistant and we were all taking a break. Don was talking to Glenn, Randy and Bernie and said he was thirsty - it was summer and was a very hot day - but he forgot his bottle of water at home. "Damn, I'm really getting old as I forgot such an important thing!", he said.

The boys laughed together about his oversight and were sooo adorable :smitten: I was looking carefully at Don's smile, so didn't realize he was talking to me ... "Hey, you ... you, girl! Wake up! Go to the supermarket and buy a bottle of water for me!", Don said. "Y-Ye-Yeah", I just answered ... I was totally enchanted by his smile and his wonderful blue eyes ... And then I woke up :eyebrow: It was a very short and pretty weird dream but I'm so happy about it :yay:

Sorry guys for my awful English ... it's the very first time that I try to describe in English a dream I had in my native language, LOL :wink:

oh Cricrichan...I loved hearing about your dream...and you described it perfectly...but wasn't there something missing from it?:wink:

cricrichan
06-12-2013, 07:18 PM
oh Cricrichan...I loved hearing about your dream...and you described it perfectly...but wasn't there something missing from it?:wink:

Yeah I think I know what you mean, Zelda ... ;) Unfortunately *you-know-who* was missing from my dream -.- Hope to dream of him tonight though LOL

06-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Love your dream, cricrichan but sorry you don't remember if Don expressed his appreciation to you when you got him the water. :grin: I hardly never remember having any dreams.

And I also agree with the others that your English is very good - a lot better than my Italian, for sure.

sad-cafe
06-12-2013, 11:38 PM
that was a good dream!

I am hoping I get some more dreams of Timmy

Brooke
06-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Yup, lovely dream, cc! And your English was great! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
06-13-2013, 04:40 PM

Very cute dream and the English was fine!

cricrichan
06-15-2013, 07:48 AM
Thank you all guys! You're too kind^^ Had another veeeery short dream two nights ago but I'll post it later 'cause I have to go out now! :nahnah:

cricrichan
06-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Here I am again! About 2 months ago I sent a letter to Timothy to wish him a speedy recovery; I know perfectly well he's very busy and probably receives a lot of letters every day ... but I'm "a dreamer" and like to believe he'll answer to me someday *-* In this new dream I was checking my mailbox and found a letter from him :yay: He wrote he was fine and his voice was ok ... oh, I was so happy to hear this! He also sent me his signed pic! LOL, I know it was only a dream ... but never say never ... ;)

cricrichan
06-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Very realistic dream though ... :shock: ;)

sad-cafe
06-17-2013, 09:12 PM
I so want another Timothy B dream!!!!!!!!

SallyGee
06-17-2013, 09:20 PM
OK I have hesitated telling you all about this dream because I don't want you to think I'm crazy. It is so weird!
First, I am out with my friends listening to a local; band. Timothy, Glenn and Don H. just happen to walk up to us and ask us to go to a party. Of course we say yes. Next thing I know, we are all in this house. I go into the kitchen, and take chicken cutlets out of a brown paper bag that I brought with me. I start to fry them when I suddenly realize I am stark naked! Just then, the owner of the house walks in. It is none other than Pat Boone!:hilarious:

Prettymaid
06-17-2013, 09:23 PM
OK I have hesitated telling you all about this dream because I don't want you to think I'm crazy. It is so weird!
First, I am out with my friends listening to a local; band. Timothy, Glenn and Don H. just happen to walk up to us and ask us to go to a party. Of course we say yes. Next thing I know, we are all in this house. I go into the kitchen, and take chicken cutlets out of a brown paper bag that I brought with me. I start to fry them when I suddenly realize I am stark naked! Just then, the owner of the house walks in. It is none other than Pat Boone!:hilarious:

:rofl: Now THAT'S the kind of dream I usually have!

sad-cafe
06-17-2013, 09:23 PM
wow

that is a crazy dream as I am sure that the Eagles would never party with pat boone :)

Prettymaid
06-17-2013, 09:25 PM
wow

that is a crazy dream as I am sure that the Eagles would never party with pat boone :)

:rofl: THAT'S the part you find crazy!!???!!

OMG SG, you just made my night! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!

SallyGee
06-17-2013, 09:27 PM
I think the Pat Boone thing must have come from White Boy From Sacramento. "Pat Boone on my radio" That's the only part that kind of makes sense. Kind of dangerous to be frying chicken in the nude!

sad-cafe
06-17-2013, 09:32 PM
:rofl: THAT'S the part you find crazy!!???!!

OMG SG, you just made my night! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!

haha, well I tend to align politically with DHenley and know that pat boone wouldn't. Also have been watching Martin Bashir and Al Sharpton today so I was kind of in a political frame of mind :)

Prettymaid
06-17-2013, 09:33 PM
Well I, for one, never want you to hesitate posting your Eagle dreams here. That one was priceless! :hilarious:

cbecrad
06-17-2013, 09:38 PM
:hilarious: That's the kind of dreams I have too. Nothing makes sense and random people show up.
I have had two Eagles dreams in the past week, but like most of my dreams, I don't remember all the details. The first one was that I was a student (probably high school or college) and Glenn was my teacher. I don't remember anything else. The second dream was last night. I KNOW I dreamed about Don Henley but I have no idea what it was about. Something about him singing but...eh I hate when I can't remember dreams. :-x

sad-cafe
06-17-2013, 09:38 PM
totally agree

(and I have cooked FC in the nude :)

VAisForEagleLovers
06-17-2013, 10:59 PM
Kind of dangerous to be frying chicken in the nude!

I was just getting ready to say that, SG, you should at least have a cute little apron on! Same for bacon, by the way.

Prettymaid
06-17-2013, 11:15 PM
I was just getting ready to say that, SG, you should at least have a cute little apron on! Same for bacon, by the way.

:fingerwag: Yes SG, remember that in case you ever dream about bacon.

:rofl:

Outlawman13
06-18-2013, 12:24 AM
LOL you ladies are cracking me up with these dreams. I love this thread!!! LOL SG, yours just made me laugh so hard!!! Frying in the nude. LOL

sodascouts
06-18-2013, 01:44 AM
I had a dream last night; it's a big vaguer than usual but I still thought I'd post it here.

In my dream, I'm walking in a crowded restaurant and I see Don Henley, Joe, and Tim sitting in one of those semi-circle booths against a wall, facing out. I am too nervous to approach them, but Don sees me and beckons me over. He looks really serious and I think "Am I in trouble?" I somewhat nervously walk up to the booth.

Joe immediately puts me at ease. He scoots over in the booth so I can sit next to him and starts asking me questions about myself - where am I from? What do I do? Etc. etc. He and Tim act like they find my answers fascinating. They encourage me to go on and on... which I do. After a while I look over at Don and he is just watching me with an inscrutable expression on his face. I am so jazzed that I'm getting to talk to Joe and Tim like this but Don is freaking me out! Even as I talk to Joe and Tim, I try to figure out a way to draw Don into the conversation. I keep looking over and smiling at Don but he just keeps watching silently. I think how weird this is, because after all, he's the one that beckoned me over!

I woke up before I got him to do anything but stare.

Prettymaid
06-18-2013, 07:13 AM
Soda, that is vague for you. You would usually remember what they were eating! Lol! That Don, he's a strange one, huh? :hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2013, 07:48 AM
Cool that you got to sit with them Soda!

Topkat
06-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Nice dreams guys..I haven't had an Eagle dream in a long time, so I must be due for one.
Maybe if I watch HFO before I go to sleep....that may help!~:eyebrow:

Troubadour
06-18-2013, 01:13 PM
Love all of these dreams!

cricrichan
06-19-2013, 05:46 PM
SG - Your dream just cracked me up, it was so funny :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: LOL ;)

Cbecrad - I'd love so much to have a teacher like Glenn :heart:

Soda - Oh, that dream was very intersting and Don maybe could have been a little bit worried or diffident about something ... :hmm:

---

I had two other weird dreams in the past few nights. In the 1st one there was Glenn who had been chosen to be the new James Bond xD He also had to write and sing the new soundtrack for that movie ... it was pretty funny because I went backstage and saw him playing with a famous actress (don't remember who she was): they were running very fast, then taking an elevator to find shelter from the enemy, LOL :D

In the 2nd one I was hanging from the ceiling like Spiderman (!) and was looking down from above: I suddenly realized that I was in Timothy's home recording studio and was able to see all his instruments and equipment, but not him >.< Ok, I know, probably I must have lighter dinners from now on :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

sad-cafe
06-19-2013, 06:21 PM
oh wow, cool dreams.

I so want to dream of our guys again!

cricrichan
06-23-2013, 05:38 PM
I dreamt of a Timothy's letter again last night *-* In my dream I received a nice letter from him, his signed picture and a demo of a new song he had written and sung for us all, The Borderers ^_^ I was going to let you know the good news, but my computer didn't work (as always, in my real life u.ù) ... then I woke up! Ummm ... it's the 2nd time in a little more than a week that I've had a dream of a Tim's letter ... just wonder if it could be a good sign ;)

sad-cafe
06-23-2013, 06:04 PM
Oh C.

Maybe the next time you will get to read the letter and it will say he is all healed up, his voice is better than ever and he is going to sing 5 songs or more on HOTE concerts

cricrichan
06-23-2013, 06:42 PM
Oh C.

Maybe the next time you will get to read the letter and it will say he is all healed up, his voice is better than ever and he is going to sing 5 songs or more on HOTE concerts

Oh yeah that would be awesome!!! Really hope so ...

zeldabjr
06-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Here I am again! About 2 months ago I sent a letter to Timothy to wish him a speedy recovery; I know perfectly well he's very busy and probably receives a lot of letters every day ... but I'm "a dreamer" and like to believe he'll answer to me someday *-* In this new dream I was checking my mailbox and found a letter from him :yay: He wrote he was fine and his voice was ok ... oh, I was so happy to hear this! He also sent me his signed pic! LOL, I know it was only a dream ... but never say never ... ;)

hey cricrichan...that is a great dream...maybe will come true!!!

zeldabjr
06-23-2013, 07:10 PM

too funny SG...but all I can think is...you were naked in a house with Timothy there and you were frying chicken?!!...lol :nope:

SallyGee
06-24-2013, 09:19 PM
too funny SG...but all I can think is...you were naked in a house with Timothy there and you were frying chicken?!!...lol :nope:
I told you you would think I was crazy!

sad-cafe
06-27-2013, 02:34 PM
a man's gotta eat!!!!! :p

I fixed fried chicken mashed potatoes and gravy and cream corn for my guy last night:cheers:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-30-2013, 07:59 PM
I had a bad dream last night!! I wasn't really part of the first part of the dream, it was like I was watching what was happening on TV or something. Glenn was at a golf course and was walking away from his bag with an iron (I didn't note the number) and out of nowhere came these crazed teens on a golf cart. They looked high as kites and ended up swerving right into him. It caught him by surprise and he had very little time to react. The cart hit him and knocked him to the ground and it hurt his leg somehow.

Then, I was in the front row at a concert and he was on stage and not moving very much and when he did, he had an obvious limp. Several songs into it, he apologized for the limp and explained that he'd gotten hit by a golf cart. The audience all laughed because they thought he was joking.

Outlawman13
07-01-2013, 12:48 AM
Awww poor Glenn!!! I feel so sorry for him!!! I'm so glad that wasn't true though.

Troubadour
07-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Poor Glenn! I'm sure there are plenty of volunteers here to help him out with that sore leg...

I had an Eagles dream last night, but I'm afraid it won't be very interesting for you to read! It was just one of those nice, warm fuzzy dreams where the vibe was really cool. It was present day and the Eagles were going to play a gig in a small town hall type venue that evening. I had front row tickets and throughout the afternoon I was wandering around town and in and out of the building, just enjoying the anticipation. I went to Starbucks and then back to the venue because the guys from the band were quite often milling around in the foyer. Don came past quite often and he started to smile at me occasionally and then he made one or two little comments about the British weather. He was casual in jeans and a black t-shirt with a dark plaid shirt over the top. He got more chatty and the last time he teased me about the "strange concoction" I was drinking from Starbucks. He was just really cute, relaxed and seemed really natural and playful. I was totally crushing on him!

Prettymaid
07-01-2013, 08:32 AM
I am fascinated by these Eagle dreams, and dreams in general.

VA, I thought about telling you after the Louisville show is over that Glenn had a slight limp:lie:, but that might not come across as funny!

Troub, don't downplay your dream. It was really sweet. I love the things you dreamt up for Don to say to you.

Troubadour
07-01-2013, 08:40 AM
I know - it is amazing how the mind conjures up these things. I haven't had a Starbucks for months! Though I might now... :lol:

I love the way that dreams can give you a feeling; the actual descriptions may seem short but dreams can feel so much like a full, rounded experience. Don was so sweet and down to earth in this one. I woke up smiling thinking of him teasing me about something as ordinary and generic as Starbucks coffee.

Glennsallnighter
07-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Yeah, it was a lovely dream Troub! And you DO deserve a Starbucks!

RebeccaLovesEagles
07-01-2013, 01:43 PM
I know - it is amazing how the mind conjures up these things. I haven't had a Starbucks for months! Though I might now... :lol:

I love the way that dreams can give you a feeling; the actual descriptions may seem short but dreams can feel so much like a full, rounded experience. Don was so sweet and down to earth in this one. I woke up smiling thinking of him teasing me about something as ordinary and generic as Starbucks coffee.

The ones that make you feel happy are the best kind:thumbsup:

BTW VA i hope you got the licence plate of that car so we can hunt them down for hurting our glenn:machinegun: lol

cricrichan
07-01-2013, 05:56 PM
VA - Poor Glenn :worried: So glad it was only a dream ...

Troub - Oh, what a sweet dream :shy: Love it!!! I know what you mean ... I always wake up smiling when I dream of our boys ;)

Topkat
07-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Last night I had a really short little dream just before I woke up.
Somebody won Timothy's shirt in a contest. They were holding it up. It was that black one with the short sleeves & buttons down the front. It looked really small...They said that Timothy actually wore that shirt in concerts...There are pictures of him wearing it....It was just weird. I have no clue who won it....Just strange.:eyebrow:

I think it was from a radio station or something like that...Did that ever happen? It seemed so real.

Freypower
07-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Dreamed about Joe (pls excuse errors as on phone because modem failed. HE was perfirming at a carnival &wore a blue velvet jacket. Iasked about the tour & he said they had surprises. I told him who would be at Lville & he said 'what about you'? I said not for awhile & he said 'we'd be looking for Juliet'. I said 'if you call me that you sound like Mark Knopfler' & he said 'nothing wrong with that'. Silly dream.

wasl89
07-05-2013, 07:34 AM
Last night I dreamed about Bernie, I was at some sort of convention. When I walked to a table I saw Bernie sitting there all alone, nobody knew who he was and what he was doing there. I recognized him immediately, walked up to him and shook his hand. He was surprised someone knew who he was! I explained to him that I'm a great Eagles fan and he was very exited about it. I got my copy of 'To the Limit' and he signed it and we talked about the Eagles. At some point he said the rest of the boys will arrive in a short period of time, they got stuck in traffic. After that I was thrilled!! When he asked me where I was from I answered him that I’m from Klimmen near Valkenburg (a little tourist town nearby). With his eyes full of surprise he said he’s been on a vacation in Valkenburg and he’s planning to go there this summer. He started saying we should meet up there and go partying! The other boys arrived but before I could ask them a single question the alarm clock woke me up...!

Prettymaid
07-05-2013, 07:47 AM
Cool dream, wasl! Did Bernie look like he did in the 70's or was it current Bernie?

FP, I would pay money to have a silly dream like that!

TK, I've never heard of Timothy donating a concert shirt to be won, but it was a cute dream!

Outlawman13
07-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Those are some pretty cool dreams. I always like the ones that doesn't make any sense. LOL.

wasl89
07-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Cool dream, wasl! Did Bernie look like he did in the 70's or was it current Bernie?

Bernie looked like he did in the 70's, can't really remember what the other guys looked like...

Troubadour
07-05-2013, 05:17 PM
I love all of these cool little dreams!

Troubadour
07-16-2013, 05:01 AM
All I can say is Don and Glenn owe me some serious cuddles after the dream I just had. Flippin' terrifying!

Houston Baby
07-16-2013, 06:08 AM
All I can say is Don and Glenn owe me some serious cuddles after the dream I just had. Flippin' terrifying!

Don't keep us in suspense Troub! Spill it........:???:

Troubadour
07-16-2013, 09:30 AM
Honestly, I can't really tell a story because it's not clear enough, but it was just horrible - it started with Glenn revealing all of these 'secrets' in an interview about Don (one was that he drinks a lot and takes prescription pills all the time) and then it morphed into some horror movie. Glenn turned into a total psychopath and was stalking me through a patio window (by this point, it wasn't really Glenn, but my dream self knew him as Glenn, if that makes sense.)

I don't know - weird stuff, and not really related to our guys at all! Bring back the warm fuzzy dreams please, Subconscious...

07-16-2013, 11:34 AM
Hang in there, Troub. Hoping your warm fuzzy dreams will return soon.

No more pyscho weird Eagles dreams allowed!!!

Troubadour
07-16-2013, 11:48 AM
No more pyscho weird Eagles dreams allowed!!!

Haha, amen!

sodascouts
07-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Yikes! Scary! Maybe it was the body snatched Glenn from one of my old dreams!

Prettymaid
07-16-2013, 03:24 PM
(by this point, it wasn't really Glenn, but my dream self knew him as Glenn, if that makes sense.)

Ooh, I know exactly what you mean by this!

Monsters with Eagles faces = Bad Dream

sodascouts
07-18-2013, 09:03 PM
OK, I've had another one...

In my dream, I've discovered that I have the ability to "leap" into people's bodies and see through their eyes, kind of like Sam on that old show Quantum Leap. So the first thing I do is think that I must find the Eagles and "leap" into one of them to see what it's like to be an Eagle! I somehow know they are nearby playing baseball.

I leave my house (which for some reason is the one I lived in as a teenager in Beaumont), get in my dad's truck and start driving until I get to a field and lo and behold, there are The Monkees (as they were in the late 60s with matching shirts) sitting in the bed of an old, dirty white pickup truck.

I pull over and ask Mike Nesmith if he's seen the Eagles.

"Sure," Mike says. "We're playing them in a game today. It's that-away..." and he points off into the distance through the field.

Just leaving Dad's truck by the side of the road, lol, I wander through the field. Now the grass is up to my head and I can't see anything as I fight my way through it, and I'm afraid I'll get lost... but then suddenly there I am, at the end of a baseball field in the bright sunlight, and there are the Eagles in the dugout! They look like they do in the History of the Eagles segment where they're playing baseball, wearing their "Party Plane" team shirts.

Time to use my powers! I see Glenn in the dugout with the rest of the Eagles' 1975 lineup. He's damp with sweat, hair a bit out of place and sticking to his forehead. Perfect! I'll leap into him! Zap! I'm suddenly seeing through Glenn's eyes. I look down. Yep, this is Glenn's body. Nice.

"Glenn! It's your turn up to bat!" Don says to me, handing me a bat.

CRAP this was a bad time to leap into Glenn! I suck at baseball! I think, in a panic, but I try to act normal. I take the bat and go out to home base. The pitcher pitches the ball; I swing at it and I'm like a mile away. Nowhere close.

Poor Glenn. I'm totally humiliating him! I think, as I miss the next two in the same manner. I've got to leap out of him and find somebody who's not doing anything. I can just observe.

"OUT!"

I'm so mortified for Glenn. I made him look really bad. I drop the bat like it's hot and it cracks. "Obviously that bat is defective," I say as Glenn, hoping that will explain the mystery of why Glenn suddenly has about as much accuracy in hitting the ball as Mr. Magoo.

I hurry back to the dugout and as soon as I get down there, I see a cute blonde sitting on the bench by herself. Perfect, someone's girlfriend. They hang around without doing anything! I leap into her.

Glenn plops down on the bench a little bit down from me, dazed and confused. Felder comes up. "What happened man?"

Glenn just looks at him blankly. "Huh?"

Then Felder sees me as the blonde girl. "Hey baby," he says and leans down to give me a big kiss.

OH CRAP! I think again. This is so awkward!

Luckily before it gets deep, he has to stop because it's his turn to go up to bat. He walks off.

Now I know I gotta jump out of this girl because I don't want that to happen again!

I look around. I need somebody who isn't going to play or do anything important, somebody who is just sitting around. However, I don't see anybody like that. Everybody's either on the team or a bat boy or something. I overhear Randy and Joe talking to each other about how the Eagles are behind because Glenn bombed so badly, which makes me feel even more guilty.

I'm starting to think my superpower is really lame and no fun at all.

Then another blonde girl walks in the dugout and sits next to Glenn, snaking her arm around his waist. He slings his arm around her shoulders casually (apparently he's back to normal). Obviously they are together. Ooh, I need to leap into her, I think. Then I start to have an ethical dilemma. Wouldn't I be taking advantage of Glenn? Wouldn't that be abusing my power? Hmmm, what to do? I decide it would be OK just for a little bit, just for one little kiss.

I leap into her but I find I don't have the courage to actually kiss Glenn on the mouth, so I just sit there with my arm around him and hope he doesn't leave anytime soon. I do this for what seems like a long time. Eventually, I scoot a little closer and tighten my grip. My heart is racing. I still am too nervous to kiss him on the mouth but there are other things I could do... Maybe I could put my hand on his chest, or maybe I could kiss his neck, or maybe I could put my head on his shoulder, or maybe I could hug him, or maybe....

I woke up before I decided.

It was still a NICE dream!

Houston Baby
07-18-2013, 09:28 PM
OMG Nancy - how dare you wake up! :brickwall:

07-18-2013, 10:12 PM
Wow - I hate it when that happens. It reminds me of one of the few Eagles dreams I had when Glenn, the Allnighter, was just about to make his move and my family appears and wants to play Charades. Life's not fair! :wink: :grin:

Troubadour
07-19-2013, 07:37 PM
Wow - I hate it when that happens. It reminds me of one of the few Eagles dreams I had when Glenn, the Allnighter, was just about to make his move and my family appears and wants to play Charades. Life's not fair! :wink: :grin:

How about two words, two syllables, ends in 'off'! :lol:

Henley Honey
07-19-2013, 07:49 PM
I love it, Soda. Like a little mini-movie!! Ethical Dilemma??? SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!! Use those superpowers, baby!

Outlawman13
07-19-2013, 11:39 PM
OHH I love those kinds of dreams, but hate it when I wake up too!!! It sucked you didn't kiss him!!! MMM his mouth always drives me wild. LOL.

Prettymaid
07-20-2013, 08:52 AM
Soda, Soda, Soda...:headshake: ethical, schmethical!

07-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Yeah - it sucks when you feel like you have to even resist temptation in your dreams! :wink: :grin:

Houston Baby
07-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Ethics, resist temptation - nope! I vote for anything goes!! :hilarious:
Now go back & finish that dream Nancy! :wink:

Troubadour
07-21-2013, 06:46 AM
Ahh, I had a great dream last night… Don was scheduled to perform a run of outdoor solo shows in the New Forest, England (very close to home, for me.) It’s a beautiful, quiet, rural area and I couldn’t believe that he would be performing there. I obviously had tickets lined up for some of the shows, but this night was the opening night, and now that it had arrived, I was feeling a bit gutted that I wasn’t going to be there. I was at my grandparents’ house with a friend and we were chatting and catching up. I can’t remember for the life of me who this friend was – but she was blonde. We were having a great time and gradually conversation turned to Don and the show he would be doing tonight only about 45 minutes away. I was making out like it was fine and I would just wait until my shows, but she kept suggesting that we should go and at least check it out. She was pulling out beautiful dresses and gave me a necklace as a present, so I was trying them on. When I put on a gorgeous, long Indian-style dress and the necklace, she said “Look, you’re all dressed up. Now we HAVE to go.” I laughed and acquiesced. By this point, it was getting late and I knew the show would be almost over and that we would have no chance of getting near the front, but I was happy to just go along anyway. My friend drove us and it was raining hard. I commented that it wasn’t a great night weather-wise for his outdoor tour to start, and she teased me that I’d love to see him in a wet shirt. We were laughing and joking and just having fun. We drove all of these narrow, winding New Forest lanes (slowly, to avoid any ponies) and arrived at the concert venue after midnight. Of course, everything was closed up and there were just a few final cars pulling out of the car park. I sighed and said “Oh well”, thinking that I would see him in just a couple of days anyway.

My friend suggested that we drive a bit more and maybe find a pub or B&B where we could get a drink, as we’d driven a good hour to get out here. I was sceptical about finding anywhere open, but was happy to continue the night. We found a small place with a truck parked outside and some lights on. We went inside and spoke to a lovely old lady who said that she was happy for us to make some tea and use the lounge facilities if we left a bit of money in the kitty on our way out. We thanked her and wandered into the living room area. At this point, FP and Soda were with us (don’t know how they appeared!) and they were chatting to my friend excitedly. I poured myself a glass of beer and wandered a little further to look up towards the kitchen and dining area. The ‘dining area’ was just an extension of the lounge with a round wooden table, and who should be sitting there but Don! I know I was shocked inwardly, but my dream self was confident and calm and I wandered over and casually asked, as I slipped in the seat next to him, if he’d mind some company. He said sure. He was wearing faded blue jeans and a light grey shirt (clearly even my subconscious has given up hope at this point!) and he was sitting there with just a lamp lighting the dining area, eating chips from newspaper. He didn't have a beard though he was starting to show a bit of stubble as it was late. He moved the chips nearer to me and said I was welcome to help myself. They smelt delicious, of salt and vinegar, and I eagerly ate some. He was quiet and very normal, and we started talking and ended up laughing a lot. We were talking about the shows and he told me how he was scared that the electrics would blow in the rain. He also said that some nights he could start to miss Texas, but that he was excited to be in such a beautiful part of England, performing his own songs. I asked why he was staying here and he chuckled and said that his band mates were up at The Red Lion (a bigger pub/hotel nearby) but that he liked to do his own thing and liked to experience "the local touch". FP would occasionally pop her head around from the lounge and look at me in amazement. I could hear her and Soda chatting the other side of the semi-wall.

I asked how long he was going to be here and he looked at me as he took a swig of his beer and said “Three months.” I remember being barely able to contain my excitement. I had thought he’d be around for a week or two at most. By this point, we had been talking for ages and he was getting more beers from his bag under the table and we were flirting in a subtle but definite way. Our legs were pressed against each other and he was leaning on his hand, smiling more now, and asking me lots of questions about my life. He asked if I was going to see any of his shows and I told him which ones. He smiled and said he hoped we could continue this sometime soon. I remember just feeling excited and wondering what the next three months were going to be like!

:inlove:

Houston Baby
07-21-2013, 10:49 AM
I love it Troub! What a wonderful perfect dream for you!
I think this amazing feeling will carry over to your interview tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
07-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Ooooh Troub. I love it! I know you gave me an abridged version earlier this morning but this is great! Just imagine sharing those chips and flirting under the table!

Looks like the birthday celebrations are starting early!

Freypower
07-21-2013, 07:00 PM
I love the whole pub ambience (how I love English pubs) but where was Don's colleague to entertain Soda & I?!

Troubadour
07-21-2013, 07:08 PM
I have three months to persuade him to bring Mr. Frey over, Julie... let me work on it. ;)

PS. Your new avatar looks fantastic!

Prettymaid
07-21-2013, 08:08 PM
What a great dream! I love the way you told it - I could picture it in my mind. They don't get much better than that!

mustangkim11
07-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Wow! I adore reading all about everyone's Eagle dreams!

Outlawman13
07-22-2013, 01:23 AM
I love that dream Lou!!!

EaglesKiwi
07-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Lou, so happy you got such a lovely :xoxo:dream (payback!).

I was having a quiet chuckle at this part:

We drove all of these narrow, winding New Forest lanes (slowly, to avoid any ponies) and arrived at the concert venue after midnight.

- because of course there would be lots of people riding ponies at midnight in the middle of a forest... :eyebrow:

... and I loved the way FP & Soda just turned up. (Ta-da!!) :hilarious:

But I absolutely lost the plot reading this bit:

He was wearing faded blue jeans and a light grey shirt (clearly even my subconscious has given up hope at this point!) and he was sitting there with just a lamp lighting the dining area, eating chips from newspaper.

Way too close to the truth! :rofl::rofl:

And I can just picture FP popping her head around in amazement, too!

Troubadour
07-22-2013, 06:43 PM
- because of course there would be lots of people riding ponies at midnight in the middle of a forest... :eyebrow:

Haha, I promise, ponies roam wild in the New Forest! They are beautiful and often end up standing in a cluster in the middle of the road, causing cars to come to a standstill. There was method to my madness. ;)

Henley Honey
07-22-2013, 07:16 PM
I loved the dream -- but especially loved the part where even your subconscious has given up on Don changing his shirt color. Too true!!!

Henley Honey
07-23-2013, 09:05 AM
This wasn't my dream, it was my husbands. We were at a concert sitting in the first row and DH was sitting next to him. We were listening to some random band and they really sucked. After two songs, DH said: "Enough of this nonsense" and jumped on stage and started singing.

I asked what Don looked like in the dream. He said present day Don was sitting next to us in audience, but EOTI Don (long-haired Don) was on the stage.

I told my husband -- yeah, like that would ever happen.
He said, What? Don jumping on stage?
I said, no -- me not making you move so I could sit next to Don in the audience!

Houston Baby
07-23-2013, 10:11 AM
This wasn't my dream, it was my husbands. We were at a concert sitting in the first row and DH was sitting next to him. We were listening to some random band and they really sucked. After two songs, DH said: "Enough of this nonsense" and jumped on stage and started singing.

I asked what Don looked like in the dream. He said present day Don was sitting next to us in audience, but EOTI Don (long-haired Don) was on the stage.

I told my husband -- yeah, like that would ever happen.
He said, What? Don jumping on stage?
I said, no -- me not making you move so I could sit next to Don in the audience!
:rofl:

HH - I think you have been dragging your sweet husband to too many Eagles concerts!! :hilarious:

Troubadour
07-23-2013, 11:26 AM
LOL, HH! I love it!

Prettymaid
07-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Good point, HH!

Outlawman13
07-23-2013, 05:59 PM
LOL HH!!! I would want him to move as well!!!

sodascouts
07-23-2013, 08:23 PM
Ooh, love that dream, Troub! So sweet! FP and I will just have to be patient. ;)

HH - your hubby's dream cracked me up, as did your response!

Troubadour
07-23-2013, 08:47 PM
I forgot to post this earlier! I had another dream last night, but it was short and silly, and made me laugh when I woke up. It started with a concert by some water - there were boats in a quiet quay and Don was performing on one of them. He looked exactly like this and was standing there holding the mic and rocking, as he does in the Farm Aid video. (I watched it before bed!)

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyBridge86-1.jpg

The next thing I remember is Don and the other Eagles running off 'stage', across the boardwalk to another boat where they were staying. Don still looked as above, but the others all looked like they did in the mid-70s, except Glenn didn't have a moustache - he looked very young (On The Border era.) They were excitable and sweaty and they were talking about getting back to the room to get the "stuff". I was a fan who had managed to sneak around and be a part of their entourage, so I followed them down into the boat, thinking that they were obviously talking about drugs and that there was going to be a big party...

To my surprise, they each grabbed a bag of Nik-Naks from a big box, except Don who had Cheetos, and they literally jumped into bed, snuggled down into individual sleeping bags happily, ate their crisps and promptly turned the lights off and went to sleep. They were like kids! It was so cute... and so bizarre.

GlennLover
07-23-2013, 09:08 PM
I had one of those frustrating dreams last night. My hubby & I were about to leave for an Eagles' concert so I told him not to forget his ticket. We were driving (don't know where the concert was) & we had just enough time to get there. We had driven a fair distance & all of a sudden I realized that I didn't have my ticket! There wasn't time to go back & I was freaking out! I was wracking my brain to figure out how I could get in! Then I remembered that they were electronic tickets & I could print mine again. I was momentarily relieved until I realized that I would have to print it from my iPhone. Where would I find a printer in a strange city, especially one that could print from an iPhone? I was still frantic when I woke up. I hope that this isn't a sign of things to come in November when I go to Montreal to see them!

SoaringRockyMountainWay
07-23-2013, 09:36 PM
I had a dream last night about the Eagles, it was the scariest and the best dream at the same time.
I dreamt that I was trail riding my horse in the woods and we got lost. Then we rode right into an Eagles concert. I sat in a front of row seat! There was this creepy guy sitting next to me. He was mumbling to himself that he was going to kill the Eagles. He pulled a knife out of his pocket and he was about to lunge on them so I tackled him and pinned him down. Then he stabbed me in the gut with his knife and the security guard took him. The Eagles jumped off the stage and Don called the ambulance. The nurse said I was losing too much blood and I would die if I didn't ge:razz:t blood quickly. Apparently, in the dream I was A+ and so was Glenn. He said he would give me blood so he got in the ambulance with me. I realized he was next to me and I started getting really excited and he told me to stay calm because they were doing the transfusion. The rest of the Eagles came to the hospital and thanked me for saving their lives. Then they gave me free back stage passes for life!

SoaringRockyMountainWay
07-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Sorry about the random smiley face, that was an accident. I just joined an hour ago.

Houston Baby
07-23-2013, 09:57 PM
Sorry about the random smiley face, that was an accident. I just joined an hour ago.

That's ok SRMW - I would put a smiley face on that dream too - getting back stage passes for life! :thumbsup:

AND WELCOME!!! Hope you enjoy your time here! :headbang:

Houston Baby
07-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Oh my GL - I would be freaking out too! Hope you have a nice dream tonight to make up for that nightmare.

sodascouts
07-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Quite a wide range of dreams here - interesting stuff!

GL - I think yours is probably just a stress dream. I have dreams like that before I get tickets sometimes!

GlennLover
07-24-2013, 06:12 AM
I'm not really worried about it being on omen. :laugh:

Outlawman13
07-24-2013, 07:42 AM
Loving those dreams, but Ann, that would've been so scary! Wekcome SRMW!

Prettymaid
07-24-2013, 08:07 AM
Welcome SRMW! Freaky dream, but good ending! :nod:

GL, when I do remember my dreams, they're usually like yours. I've either forgotten where something is, forgotten how to do something, or I've forgotten to get dressed. :blush:

Troub, your dream was so cute, if not a little weird! Lol! Maybe the boat reference came from my latest Mad Lib... :lol:

07-24-2013, 09:27 PM
GL, when I do remember my dreams, they're usually like yours. I've either forgotten where something is, forgotten how to do something, or I've forgotten to get dressed. :blush:

Well I ain't gonna try to analyze what this means under any circumstances! :nope:

Wow! This has been a busy little thread over the last week or so. Very interesting dreams and makes me wonder why so many Borderers are dreaming of the guys lately - does it have anything to do with all the recent HS&G pictures and videos? :wink: :grin:

Houston Debutante
07-25-2013, 09:43 AM
All these dreams are interesting but I am especially jealous of Troubadour's, if that really happened I'd be taking a trip to England!

Houston Baby
07-25-2013, 11:28 AM
All these dreams are interesting but I am especially jealous of Troubadour's, if that really happened I'd be taking a trip to England!

I think ALL of us would HD! :hilarious: With him being there 3 months, we would have plenty of time to get there!!

Prettymaid
07-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Well I ain't gonna try to analyze what this means under any circumstances! :nope:

Welllll...I don't know if you've looked in the Mad Libs thread lately, but Troub has posted the latest story, and in mine you and VA are wearing matching underpants! Lol! Sounds like somebody besides me forgot to get dressed!

wasl89
07-27-2013, 07:19 AM
Dreamed about the guys last night. After their show they agreed to autograph photo's and other stuff. Got a chance to talk to Joe after he signed my copy of Take It to the Limit about him playing the guitar. After that Glenn and Don signed my book and said they were very happy to have such a lot of awesome fans all around the world. When I walked over to Timothy I woke up due to a very loud thunderstorm... (to be continued...?)

Outlawman13
07-27-2013, 08:33 AM
Awesome dream so far Ward!! Hopefuly you can finish it.

07-27-2013, 01:12 PM
That was a cool dream, was ... and it would even be cooler if it was continued! :thumbsup:

Welllll...I don't know if you've looked in the Mad Libs thread lately, but Troub has posted the latest story, and in mine you and VA are wearing matching underpants! Lol! Sounds like somebody besides me forgot to get dressed!

OMG - I just checked it out, and that is hilarious. I guess me and VA "got some 'splaining to do" as Don would say. :hmm: I think I need a dream of my own! :wink: :grin:

Glennsallnighter
07-28-2013, 06:01 AM
Brilliant dreams everyone. As Dreamer (lol) suggests probably inspired by all those wonderful tour pics and reviews.

sodascouts
07-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Cool dream Ward!

VAisForEagleLovers
08-03-2013, 09:25 AM
That was a cool dream, was ... and it would even be cooler if it was continued! :thumbsup:

OMG - I just checked it out, and that is hilarious. I guess me and VA "got some 'splaining to do" as Don would say. :hmm: I think I need a dream of my own! :wink: :grin:

I'm thinking it's the same reason any two women wear the same thing. IT WAS ON SALE!

I had an Eagle dream last night and determined when I woke that I'd down some coffee and type it in before I forgot it. Guess what? I forgot it. I think it had to do with an airplane, that's all I remember.

zeldabjr
08-03-2013, 11:01 AM
I'm thinking it's the same reason any two women wear the same thing. IT WAS ON SALE!

I had an Eagle dream last night and determined when I woke that I'd down some coffee and type it in before I forgot it. Guess what? I forgot it. I think it had to do with an airplane, that's all I remember.

maybe the mile high club?...you can tell where my mind is today...lol

Topkat
08-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Just catching up in here....Some interesting dreams!! :)

Prettymaid
08-03-2013, 02:22 PM

Yep, you two just bury yourselves a little deeper...Dreamer and VA wore matching bargain basement underpants in my Mad Lib story. :hilarious:

I understand all about forgetting dreams. I think I'm a pro at it. Maybe you were on the Party Plane!

08-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Hey PM - don't be judging ... just sayin! You never know what kind of situation you could find yourself in on an excellent Eagles adventure. Girls gotta do what the girls gotta do if you KWIM! :wink: :grin:

SoaringRockyMountainWay
08-03-2013, 08:45 PM
I had a dream last night that I was spending the night at my Grandma's house. I heard Glenn's voice. In the dream I immediately woke up and I saw Don Henley walk down the hallway. Then my little sister poofed into the dream and she put her hand over my mouth to keep me from screaming and freaking out. She poofed away so I walked into the living room and Don was sitting in my Grandma's recliner. I ran up to him and hugged him. Then the rest of the Eagles came out of the kitchen eating chocolate pie. Then Joe pied me and I woke up.

Prettymaid
08-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Okay SRMW, what have you been eating before you go to sleep? Pass the chocolate pie!

sodascouts
08-03-2013, 09:53 PM
I'd like some too!

Outlawman13
08-04-2013, 12:23 AM
LOL that dream is too cool!!! Hand over that chocolate pie. LOL

zeldabjr
08-05-2013, 09:12 AM
I had a dream last night...all I remember is I was making out with HFO era Don Henley and then he cooked me steak...but then again what more does a girl need right?..lol

Houston Baby
08-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Z - do you feel guilty betraying Timothy like that? :hilarious:

Outlawman13
08-05-2013, 11:21 AM
MMMM sounds like a very delicious dream Brenda. LOL. Kissing HFO Don sounds very hot!!!

cricrichan
08-13-2013, 06:26 AM
Very interesting and funny dreams, guys! Zelda, we definitely don't let Timothy know about your dream, LOL ;)
Lately I had some short and very confused dreams of our boys and I can't remember anything of them ... :shrug:

cricrichan
08-16-2013, 06:59 AM
Had a very short and stupid dream some nights ago *-* In my dream I had to learn by heart and memorize perfectly all of the songs (lyrics and chords) of the HOTE tour setlist because I was going to sing and play with the Eagles in a concert, LOL :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: Unfortunately I can't play any instruments ... and I like singing but I'm not very good at it :D

Houston Baby
08-16-2013, 08:26 AM
CC - that's what is so wonderful about dreams! In them we can do ANYTHING! I bet you would have sung beautifully!! I wonder what instrument you would have played.

sodascouts
08-17-2013, 11:01 PM
Short but sweet!

Glennsallnighter
08-18-2013, 05:32 AM
Great dream CC! I would love to back the Eagles. I can play a little (not as good as Austin) but don't get me to sing either!

zeldabjr
08-18-2013, 09:27 AM
CC's dream must have influenced me...because I had a dream I was playing clarinet in a backing band for the Eagles...I don't think I played any notes right the whole time...because all I could think is that we were all going to get to meet them after the concert...that's all I remember...

Freypower
08-18-2013, 06:46 PM
I had one last night. It was weird. I love travelling & often have surrealistic dreams about cities, usually London & Los Angeles, where the sights are laid out on a sort of timeline & I have to navigate my way from start to finish. I always enjoy these dreams but of course they set off my insatable wanderlust.

Last night I dreamed about my home town, Newcastle, of all places, since I loathe the place & couldn't wait to leave it. I was with Joe & my daughter & we were going to a party. We were down at the harbourside. I said to them 'all we have to do is get back to Hunter St (the main street) so we can catch a bus to the party'. It should have been straightforward; you just cross the railway line. But I kept getting lost. I could see Joe looking more & more impatient & we were running out of time. It seemed to be a comment that I couldn't get anything right even when I should have known what I was doing. Joe obviously couldn't help me as he didn't know where he was & Rosalind hadn't been there (which is true; I have never taken her there).

Troubadour
08-18-2013, 06:53 PM
Love these dreams!

I think the water in Rhodes affected me in a strange way because while I was over there, I dreamt like crazy! I had two kind of hot Eagles dreams... but they featured Glenn and Joe. (Oops.) I wish I'd been able to post them here at the time - details have been lost in the haze now - but I do remember that Glenn was extremely confident and mischievous, trying to get me into trouble, and Joe was angsty and vulnerable and riding around a Greek town at night on a motorbike!

I also had a dream while on holiday about having coffee with James Taylor in a small cafe in Lindos, which I mentioned in his thread... Don't know what kind of potion was in the Greek water, but I want some more!

Houston Baby
08-18-2013, 07:10 PM
You should have bottled that Greek water Troub & brought some home with you!

Henley Honey
08-18-2013, 07:33 PM
I had a brief dream just before I woke up this morning. I was on ticketmaster checking for new tour dates and when the page popped up it showed tour dates and cities and after each listing it had initials. HFO, OTB, LROOE, etc.
It took me a second, but I realized they were changing things up and would perform different shows at different venues. I was freaking out because I was like -- I WANT TO SEE THEM ALL!!!! Then I woke up and immediately checked ticketmaster "just in case". No such luck.

Tiffanny Twisted
08-18-2013, 07:49 PM
HH thats a great dream and a good idea.
My dream this week was me on a tour boat on the waterways in Altantic City NJ. we were looking at the beautiful sky line of the boardwalk and I looked up and a gentelman sat down next to me and said "Your not drinking either.lol HOw ya doing?"
well guess you guesed it was Joe Walsh (and no I wasnt drinking ...last time JAHH and I did one of those "sea cruzes I was green and sick as a dog and couldn't wait for my feet to be on dry land.)

So Joe was comforting me and trying to keep talking out of being sick to my stomache....singing to me in my ear and making me laugh.
Jahh was on the party boat but it was just me and Joe and then I woke up and it sucked cause I had to get out of bed and go to work.

cricrichan
08-22-2013, 04:00 AM
CC - that's what is so wonderful about dreams! In them we can do ANYTHING! I bet you would have sung beautifully!! I wonder what instrument you would have played.

Yeah, you're right and I love that kind of dreams just for that reason ... it's awesome ... you can do things that you would never do in your real life ;) I actually don't remember what instrument I had to play ... but something makes me think it was the bass ... :heart:

cricrichan
08-22-2013, 04:35 AM
By the way ... lately you all have had nice dreams, guys! :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
08-23-2013, 10:52 AM
Yes, I'm enjoying everybody's Eagles dreams, too!

zeldabjr
08-23-2013, 01:36 PM
I had a dream last night...I was at a fashion show...and the stylist for the show was sitting next to me and asked me if I'd like to try on some things...I said sure...and I did and picked out a few things I wanted to buy...then he asked me if I'd like to see the new Don Henley designs?...lol...I said sure...He said well they're pretty pricey but I think you'll like them...I ended up buying a pink blouse and pink sweater from "Don's new collection"...lol....even though it was more money than I wanted to spend...that's all I remember...pretty funny huh?

08-23-2013, 01:52 PM
OMG - that is too funny. Now, I love Don, but I gotta say, he's the last Eagle that comes to my mind when thinking about a designer line of clothing. So, how many grey shirts were in his collection, Z? :wink: :grin:

Glennsallnighter
08-23-2013, 02:22 PM
New Don Henley designs............ Troub will be tickled pink!

Prettymaid
08-23-2013, 06:03 PM
OMG - that is too funny. Now, I love Don, but I gotta say, he's the last Eagle that comes to my mind when thinking about a designer line of clothing. So, how many grey shirts were in his collection, Z? :wink: :grin:

Lol Dreamer! That was my first thought...Zelda bought a pink work shirt!

Did it look like this, Z?

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Don%20Henley/Eagles2010LasVegas37P.jpg

sodascouts
08-23-2013, 11:23 PM
LOL! That's a great dream!

RebeccaLovesEagles
08-26-2013, 10:35 PM
Zelda how much did his designer clothes cost you and were they pretty? :bye:

cricrichan
09-03-2013, 04:20 AM
I had a dream last night...I was at a fashion show...and the stylist for the show was sitting next to me and asked me if I'd like to try on some things...I said sure...and I did and picked out a few things I wanted to buy...then he asked me if I'd like to see the new Don Henley designs?...lol...I said sure...He said well they're pretty pricey but I think you'll like them...I ended up buying a pink blouse and pink sweater from "Don's new collection"...lol....even though it was more money than I wanted to spend...that's all I remember...pretty funny huh?

Cool dream, Zelda!!!!! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
09-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Well, my little sci fi convention and my Eagles fandoms collided in my dreams the other night!

I dreamt I was at a science fiction convention and some guy in a Capt. Kirk costume told me that Joe Walsh would be appearing at a small concert in one of the convention rooms. I was delighted and rushed over to the room, but was astonished to see hardly anyone there. Also, the set up of the room was odd. Rather than aisles of chairs, there were small circular tables with chairs around them. Ah well, so be it, that wasn't going to slow me down! I ran over to the stage and stood there expectantly as people seated around tables eyed me strangely.

Time passed. No Joe. No one even standing next to me or coming to the stage. Finally I asked a nearby middle-aged man "Isn't Joe Walsh performing here tonight?" All I got was a shrug in reply. I decided I need to investigate a bit so I put my purse on the seat closest to the stage (which was still empty) to "hold" my place and went to the back of the room to ask some event organizers that were back there.

Of course, as soon as I reached the back, the lights went down and not only Joe but ALL of the Eagles came out on stage! Everyone was cheering! "OH NO!" I thought and desperately tried to get back up to the stage. I had just managed to get to the side when Glenn proclaimed "And we're being joined by the cast of Star Trek!" A trapdoor opened up and the actors who played Uhura, Sulu, etc. start coming out of the trap door onto the stage.

Now people are absolutely THRONGING the stage and I'm highly agitated because I'm separated from my purse, I had given up my primo spot at the stage for nothing, and there were so many people crushing me that I couldn't see Don, Tim, Spock, or Capt. Kirk!

As more and more of the cast got onstage, though, my agitation was forgotten as I simply reveled in the fact that I was seeing the Eagles performing with that cast of Star Trek. "This is pretty freaking cool," I thought happily.

I woke up with a smile!

GlennLover
09-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Cool dream. I'm glad you woke up happy & not frustrated by not being able to get back to your seat & purse! :laugh:

Prettymaid
09-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Lol Soda! Sounds like the people there were more thrilled about seeing the cast of Star Trek than the Eagles!

sodascouts
09-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Yeah, before they came out I was able to get back up to the stage and was able to start heading back to my spot - after that trapdoor opened, forget it! lol

Houston Baby
09-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Soda - that was 2 worlds colliding! You must have been in heaven except for the having to fight your way to the front part. But you can take care of yourself in those situations! I have seen you in action at FM. :wink:

sodascouts
09-08-2013, 10:39 PM
LOL. That's right, HB, you got to see a side of me few here have been privy to. ;)

cricrichan
09-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Awwww :D Cool dream, Soda!

Had a short dream of Timothy some nights ago ... he made an interview and announced that he had recently had a baby ... but he told that the mother of the baby wasn't Jean and anyone didn't know who that lucky lady was, lol xD

sad-cafe
09-21-2013, 10:57 PM
aw, I wish I could dream of them :jealous:

sodascouts
10-26-2013, 06:17 PM
It's been a while since I've had an Eagles dream, but I've had one two nights in a row now!

I'll start with the one that's shorter.

I am in a house fighting with my brother and his wife (only these people don't really exist; I have no brother in reality). They are trying to pull some kind of scam on someone and I don't want to be a part of it. I know the name and address of the person they are going to scam - Barry Ames - and I go to warn him.

Suddenly I'm at the front door of the person I'm going to warn. I knock and the door is opened by Timothy! I'm not so much star-struck as confused. I tell him I have a message for someone named Barry at this address. Timothy says that Barry Ames is his real name and he invites me in. He and his wife are eating dinner and they ask me to sit down and join them.

I'm delighted! The kitchen is small and plain; the table is well-worn and the appliances are a little older. It's a very middle-class house, certainly not the home of a multi-millionaire, but in my dream this doesn't seem strange to me. I sit down and Timothy hands me a big wooden bowl filled with soup. As I eat it, I have to ask, "Why don't you go by your real name?"

Timothy replies, "Jean didn't like that name so I changed it."

I'm astonished - not only because she renamed him, but because of what she renamed him to. I turn to her and ask, "Timothy's a cool name, but why did you leave the 'd' out of his last name? People are always getting it wrong when they write about him."

"I just liked it better that way," she says and smiles.

I'm glad she's not offended as I realize my question could have come off as rude. I smile back. Suddenly the soup is all gone and we get up to go to the living room. It's also not very large, with an older TV set, a couch, a love seat, and a chair make up most of the furniture.

We all sit down to watch TV like it's the most natural thing in the world.

Then I woke up! I never did tell them about that scam. lol

Houston Baby
10-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Soda - I smile when I see your name pop up on the Dreaming thread because I know I am in for an adventure. You never disappoint! I just wish I would have an Eagles dream - at least once!

Prettymaid
10-27-2013, 08:02 AM
I'm astonished - not only because she renamed him, but because of what she renamed him to. I turn to her and ask, "Timothy's a cool name, but why did you leave the 'd' out of his last name? People are always getting it wrong when they write about him."

"I just liked it better that way," she says and smiles.
l

"...why did you leave the 'd' out of his last name?" :rofl:

I love your dreams, Soda. Can't wait for the next one!

sodascouts
10-27-2013, 05:12 PM
OK. I had this longer dream a couple nights ago. There was a whole big long part of this dream that didn't involve any Eagles, so we'll skip that and I'll just sum it up: in that part of the dream, I was traveling to something really important with my cousin in LA and my sisters, and bad things keep happening to us and we're always thisclose to something stopping us (weather, confusion, getting lost, missing taxis, etc) but somehow we keep pressing on. Unfortunately because we're all stressed we are getting tense. There's an incident at the airport restaurant where we argue over who will put the shared appetizer of fried cheese on their bill that is the last straw. I say "Screw this, I'm going on alone!"

I march out of the restaurant, suitcase in hand, and towards the exit of the airport. While I don't think this is strange in the dream, I've gone back in time and I'm in the 70s. My light brown suitcase is the old, hard-sided kind with the metallic edges and the flip-openers.

The airport is dimly lit. There's dark wood panelling on the walls and the floors, which were once white tile, now look pretty dingy.

For some reason, even though I'm already carrying my luggage, I go to the carousel where the luggage is coming out. The airport only has a few of these are they're all 70s style as well.

Then I see Don Henley, looking like he did in 1974, including wearing the white man-blouse and the jeans. He's by the luggage carousel looking bored with a weathered brown knapsack over his shoulder.

"Finally!" he says when he sees me. He takes my suitcase and I fall in step behind him. This all seems perfectly natural to me in the dream. I think about telling him I can carry my own bag since he's already got one, but I know he'll insist. He's old-fashioned like that. This isn't Don Henley, jaded and hedonistic rock star. This is just a nice guy who I'm traveling with.

We go outside through the sliding glass doors. Waiting at the curb is a mustard yellow station wagon (circa mid-70s) with the trunk already popped. Don goes to load my suitcase in there but he doesn't put his in. Instead, after he closes the trunk, he goes to the passenger side of the vehicle and hops in, putting his knapsack by his feet.

I suddenly remember that it's my car and that I'm driving. However, I don't feel any pressure to hurry or anything like that. I'm not stressed out. Don and I will get where we need to be just fine.

I get into the driver's side and start the car. Suddenly, we're nowhere near the airport or even a town. We're driving down a road in what looks an awful lot like the Piney Woods area of Texas during a drought, when there's just as much brown as green.

We're not really saying anything, just driving along in companionable silence. I feel like we've been driving for hours and have hours more to go, but I don't mind. I think this is nice. There's a strange sort of intimacy about a long road trip with someone.

He shifts in his seat and I glance over to see him digging around in his knapsack. He pulls out a pack of red diamond-backed cards. "Hey, do you want to play 'hustle and boogie'?" he asks.

"I can't play cards while I'm driving - I'll get carsick," I reply. The fact that it would be dangerous to do so doesn't occur to me. "I wish I could! You're lucky. But I don't even know what that game is."

"It's easy," Don grins. "It has rounds. Each play draws two cards during one round. The person who has cards that add together to the highest numbers wins the round."

"What about face cards?" I inquire. "What number do they get counted as?"

"That's why it's called 'hustle and boogie,'" Don answers mysteriously. He pulls a face card out of his deck - it's a queen - and it also has the number 12 on it!

I'm puzzled - that doesn't seem right - but I'm embarrassed to ask him about it because I don't want to look clueless. Instead, I just smile and nod. "I see."

Suddenly I'm not driving anymore; some random faceless guy is driving and I'm sitting between him and Don in the middle of the Naugahyde seat. I'm not touching Don's body or anything but we've very close and I find myself leaning toward him a bit, lol.

Now Don's playing the card game with random driver guy (I'll just call him 'Driver.') He has a yellow legal pad out where's he's keeping score with a pencil. I notice that instead of numbering like "Round 1" and "Round 2" that each round has a clever name. Don titles the round they're starting "Plow and Whistle."

"That's very creative, Don," I tell him and lean a little closer. "If i were trying to think of round names, I'd probably call it something silly like "Nail Polish and Shoes." As soon as the words leave my mouth I regret how shallow they make me sound, so I quickly add, "Not to promote female stereotypes or anything!" I laugh awkwardly.

To my dismay, Don decides to take this opportunity to discourse on the failings of feminism. I don't remember everything he said, but it included lines like "feminists are afraid to be feminine" and "I'm not saying men are better, but there's differences and you can't pretend there isn't" etc. etc. etc.

Well, I wasn't about to sit still for that! I say "Hey, that's not true! I'm not a radical feminist or anything but I do consider myself somewhat of a feminist and I appreciate 'feminine' things. I have a choice: I could lie and hide that fact so as not to propagate a stereotype, or admit I like those things too and show that feminists are complicated." I sit back, thinking my reply was quite intelligent and the choice I made quite obvious.

To my surprise, he responds with, "So you lie."

I am taken aback and offended. "HELLO? Did you not just hear me talk about using NAIL POLISH?!"

"But then you immediately tried to back off from it," he says calmly.

"That's not lying! That's being complicated!" I'm about to ream him for acting like he knows more about how I feel than I do, but then Driver stops the car and I look out the window.

We're now in front of some kind of a huge white stucco building. I see Glenn, looking like he did at the beginning of the History of the Eagles documentary in a white shirt and jeans c 1976, run right up to the car. He's smiling broadly, obviously happy to see us. When we don't get out right away, he jerks open the passenger door with a big "HI!"

I have no time for hellos - I have a point to prove! "Glenn, tell Don I'm complicated," I demand.

Glenn looks surprised, but says "Um, yeah. Real complicated."

I want Don to acknowledge what Glenn said and apologize but instead he just laughs and gets out of the car.

And then I woke up!

VAisForEagleLovers
10-27-2013, 05:29 PM
The airport is dimly lit. There's dark wood panelling on the walls and the floors, which were once white tile, now look pretty dingy.

Or, you could be at LaGuardia in the present day.

Interesting dream! I can't remember the last time I had an interesting dream about anything, let alone Eagles-related! I guess I'll dream vicariously through you! Way to let him know we can have it both ways...

Houston Baby
10-27-2013, 08:29 PM
LOVE IT Soda! Way to stand up for us women! :thumbsup:

10-27-2013, 09:39 PM
... or she could have just grabbed both of them and whispered "take me, I'm yours" to prove her point! :twisted:

Houston Baby
10-27-2013, 10:14 PM
Yes I like your ending better Dreamer! :hilarious:

sodascouts
10-27-2013, 10:29 PM
yeah, the ending of my dream let me hanging, and if I were taking a road trip with Don Henley, the last thing I would want to do would be discuss feminism. If only I had some editorial control over these dreams!

sad-cafe
10-27-2013, 11:26 PM
... or she could have just grabbed both of them and whispered "take me, I'm yours" to prove her point! :twisted:

I would have done that with Timothy B!

Houston Debutante
11-05-2013, 05:14 PM
OK. I had this longer dream a couple nights ago. There was a whole big long part of this dream that didn't involve any Eagles, so we'll skip that and I'll just sum it up: in that part of the dream, I was traveling to something really important with my cousin in LA and my sisters, and bad things keep happening to us and we're always thisclose to something stopping us (weather, confusion, getting lost, missing taxis, etc) but somehow we keep pressing on. Unfortunately because we're all stressed we are getting tense. There's an incident at the airport restaurant where we argue over who will put the shared appetizer of fried cheese on their bill that is the last straw. I say "Screw this, I'm going on alone!"

I march out of the restaurant, suitcase in hand, and towards the exit of the airport. While I don't think this is strange in the dream, I've gone back in time and I'm in the 70s. My light brown suitcase is the old, hard-sided kind with the metallic edges and the flip-openers.

For some reason, even though I'm already carrying my luggage, I go to the carousel where the luggage is coming out. The airport only has a few of these are they're all 70s style as well.

Then I see Don Henley, looking like he did in 1974, including wearing the white man-blouse and the jeans. He's by the luggage carousel looking bored with a weathered brown knapsack over his shoulder.

"Finally!" he says when he sees me. He takes my suitcase and I fall in step behind him. This all seems perfectly natural to me in the dream. I think about telling him I can carry my own bag since he's already got one, but I know he'll insist. He's old-fashioned like that. This isn't Don Henley, jaded and hedonistic rock star. This is just a nice guy who I'm traveling with.

We go outside through the sliding glass doors. Waiting at the curb is a mustard yellow station wagon (circa mid-70s) with the trunk already popped. Don goes to load my suitcase in there but he doesn't put his in. Instead, after he closes the trunk, he goes to the passenger side of the vehicle and hops in, putting his knapsack by his feet.

I suddenly remember that it's my car and that I'm driving. However, I don't feel any pressure to hurry or anything like that. I'm not stressed out. Don and I will get where we need to be just fine.

I get into the driver's side and start the car. Suddenly, we're nowhere near the airport or even a town. We're driving down a road in what looks an awful lot like the Piney Woods area of Texas during a drought, when there's just as much brown as green.

We're not really saying anything, just driving along in companionable silence. I feel like we've been driving for hours and have hours more to go, but I don't mind. I think this is nice. There's a strange sort of intimacy about a long road trip with someone.

He shifts in his seat and I glance over to see him digging around in his knapsack. He pulls out a pack of red diamond-backed cards. "Hey, do you want to play 'hustle and boogie'?" he asks.

"I can't play cards while I'm driving - I'll get carsick," I reply. The fact that it would be dangerous to do so doesn't occur to me. "I wish I could! You're lucky. But I don't even know what that game is."

"It's easy," Don grins. "It has rounds. Each play draws two cards during one round. The person who has cards that add together to the highest numbers wins the round."

"What about face cards?" I inquire. "What number do they get counted as?"

"That's why it's called 'hustle and boogie,'" Don answers mysteriously. He pulls a face card out of his deck - it's a queen - and it also has the number 12 on it!

I'm puzzled - that doesn't seem right - but I'm embarrassed to ask him about it because I don't want to look clueless. Instead, I just smile and nod. "I see."

Suddenly I'm not driving anymore; some random faceless guy is driving and I'm sitting between him and Don in the middle of the Naugahyde seat. I'm not touching Don's body or anything but we've very close and I find myself leaning toward him a bit, lol.

Now Don's playing the card game with random driver guy (I'll just call him 'Driver.') He has a yellow legal pad out where's he's keeping score with a pencil. I notice that instead of numbering like "Round 1" and "Round 2" that each round has a clever name. Don titles the round they're starting "Plow and Whistle."

"That's very creative, Don," I tell him and lean a little closer. "If i were trying to think of round names, I'd probably call it something silly like "Nail Polish and Shoes." As soon as the words leave my mouth I regret how shallow they make me sound, so I quickly add, "Not to promote female stereotypes or anything!" I laugh awkwardly.

To my dismay, Don decides to take this opportunity to discourse on the failings of feminism. I don't remember everything he said, but it included lines like "feminists are afraid to be feminine" and "I'm not saying men are better, but there's differences and you can't pretend there isn't" etc. etc. etc.

Well, I wasn't about to sit still for that! I say "Hey, that's not true! I'm not a radical feminist or anything but I do consider myself somewhat of a feminist and I appreciate 'feminine' things. I have a choice: I could lie and hide that fact so as not to propagate a stereotype, or admit I like those things too and show that feminists are complicated." I sit back, thinking my reply was quite intelligent and the choice I made quite obvious.

To my surprise, he responds with, "So you lie."

I am taken aback and offended. "HELLO? Did you not just hear me talk about using NAIL POLISH?!"

"But then you immediately tried to back off from it," he says calmly.

"That's not lying! That's being complicated!" I'm about to ream him for acting like he knows more about how I feel than I do, but then Driver stops the car and I look out the window.

We're now in front of some kind of a huge white stucco building. I see Glenn, looking like he did at the beginning of the History of the Eagles documentary in a white shirt and jeans c 1976, run right up to the car. He's smiling broadly, obviously happy to see us. When we don't get out right away, he jerks open the passenger door with a big "HI!"

I have no time for hellos - I have a point to prove! "Glenn, tell Don I'm complicated," I demand.

Glenn looks surprised, but says "Um, yeah. Real complicated."

I want Don to acknowledge what Glenn said and apologize but instead he just laughs and gets out of the car.

And then I woke up!

So jealous ~ I want to dream about taking a road trip with Don! I never have Eagle dreams.

sodascouts
12-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Another one, again with The Don, lol.

In this dream, I'm on a tour bus with several other people and modern-day Don is our tour guide. He's wearing his blue plaid. However, he doesn't look that thrilled to be there, honestly.

He announces to the bus that he is an "uneventful" tour guide; he says he feels the sights are best enjoyed without an obtrusive voice cutting in. He adds, "Also, I notice the younger generation is always listening to their devices anyway, so I try to be sensitive to their needs." I roll my eyes as I know that's just an excuse and Don hates that kind of thing!

I say, "OK, but you at least need to point out important sights so we don't miss them."

"Yes, yes, of course," Don replies, a bit annoyed.

We start off on our trip but the next thing we know, we're pulling up to a studio. I look up and Don has suddenly grown 25 years younger. He looks like he did during The End of The Innocence, long hair and all. He is dressed in one of those brown suits he used to wear. "Come on. Now you get to watch me film my video," he announces to the bus.

We all follow him off of the bus and into the studio. He leaves us alone and goes over to a set of three black men who turn out to be his backing singers, as he starts to sing "Taking You Home" with them. (Yes, I know that song came out later - my dreams never make sense).

As he sings, Lindsey Buckingham comes out and joins him. I can't believe how lucky I am - that the tour I happen to be on is the one Lindsey Buckingham appears on! This is far better than having Don point out sights to me. I realize that I got a pretty good deal from my "uneventful" tour guide!

The video continues for a while but before he gets too far into it, I wake up. Boo!

12-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Good one, Soda. Love how you reprimanded Don ... and how lucky for you that Lindsey shows up at the recording session! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
12-02-2013, 09:53 PM
I've had a couple others but I can't remember them. Very frustrating. I guess they weren't that interesting, lol.

SoaringRockyMountainWay
12-03-2013, 10:07 PM
I usually remember every detail in my Eagles dreams but all I remember in my dream from last night is Don Henley texted me. Now I keep checking my phone for a text just in case my dream comes true.:hilarious:

12-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Love it SRMW! Gives a new meaning to the old saying 'in your dreams', huh?

I've had a couple others but I can't remember them. Very frustrating. I guess they weren't that interesting, lol.

Welcome to my world. In my case, I don't think I even dream that much or if I do I don't remember anything. Every now and then, I'll remember that I had a dream, but I hardly remember any of it. :mad:

shunlvswx
12-12-2013, 04:37 PM
I had two separate dreams last night about the guys. From what I remembered this was doing the 90s when the guys were getting together. I was their assistant and we were getting ready for a big concert. So we were having rehearsal, doing interviews and taking pictures. I followed the guys around and made sure they had everything. I don't know if I was a teenage and the age I am right now because I was a teenager in the 90s.

In one of the dreams of the guys, Don was taking pictures and I said smile Don!! He smiled after the picture was taking. LOL

The Thrill Is Never Gone
12-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Wow those are such great fantasy dreams. Everyone should have those.

sodascouts
12-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Very cute, shun!

The Thrill Is Never Gone
12-13-2013, 01:14 PM
What do you eat before going to bed! My dreams are never quite that vivid!

The Thrill Is Never Gone
12-13-2013, 10:48 PM
Your dreams are fascinating. I can't wait to read the next one!

luna65
12-14-2013, 04:12 PM
I can share a dream I seem to have every so often; throughout my life I've had recurring dreams of certain people and situations.

As introduction, it's only sort of tangentially about the Eagles; I am acquainted with Lance Morrison, whom some of you know has been in Don's touring band for a number of years and also played on Inside Job. I met him through another band he's in, a fusion quartet called VOLTO!, my friend Danny is their drummer.

So in the dream I'm hanging out with the VOLTO! guys and one of my exes at The Baked Potato, and we're having a good time, and Lance's cell phone rings, and he answers it. And as he's listening he mouths "It's Don," to me. And I get all fluttery and squeal-y and wonder what they could be talking about. So then he hands the phone to me and says, "Don wants to talk about some book I've never heard of, you probably know so you talk to him!"

And so my dream of two Lit majors geeking out about books is fulfilled. :inlove:
But I never remember exactly what we talk about when I wake up! I told Lance about this dream once and he cracked up. He said, "Uh, I don't think I've ever had that kind of conversation with him!"

zeldabjr
12-14-2013, 05:27 PM
I love that dream Luna...

I had a dream about Mr. Henley last night...really silly...and he wasn't actually in it...very short dream too...a friend and I kept going from store to store because we were trying to find the new fitness book that Don had written...I can see the cover in my head...it's a white background with a pic of him and he's wearing a plaid shirt!...it was sold out in all the stores we went to and we were really aggravated...

sodascouts
12-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Even periphery Eagles dreams can be a hoot! ;)

sodascouts
12-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Every time I visit Texas, I have Eagle dreams. So odd. I had two with Don Henley, although no other Eagles have made an appearance yet. I'll post about them when I get a chance... but don't get too excited. They're both pretty short.

sodascouts
12-21-2013, 12:19 PM
OK - here's the first from a few days ago:

The President of the college I work for is calling faculty in one by one to the office to tell them something. Everyone leaves the office looking disturbed, and no one wants to tell me what's going on. I'm very nervous as I wait my turn to go in.

I finally get called in. The President looks very somber. "I have some bad news. Dr. Henley's wife is divorcing him."

Now, the Don Henley in my dream is not a rock star. He is a fellow faculty member, and his wife in my dream is not his real-life wife, but a woman with blonde hair that's so light, it's almost white. I'm stunned. "But they seemed so happy..."

"His wife caught him dancing with another woman."

I think just dancing with someone isn't that bad, but I don't want to say anything because hey, this is my boss, essentially. I think that Don is lucky he has tenure and they can't fire him (in my dream apparently this is a fire-able offense).

Then, I get handed a large piece of varnished, dark brown wood, about 6 ft by 3 ft, by a random person standing in the corner dressed in a T-shirt and jeans - someone I don't recognize and who seems really out of place in the formal office. "Take that to Dr. Henley."

"Uh...ok." I wonder why I'm being asked to do this. I think it's because I'm the only faculty member who listens to Don's music, and nobody else likes it. Still, it's not like we're best friends - and what the heck is this piece of wood for?!

As I leave the office, people are looking at me and whispering. "That's Dr. Henley's friend," they are saying. I worry that this will be bad for me because they all like his wife better than they like him. Should I distance myself from him? I decide not to, because I do like his music, and I'm feeling kind of sorry for him. Everybody's turning on him, and it's not like he's a bad guy - just a little stand-offish. I decide to suck it up and take him his wood.

Suddenly I'm standing outside his new place, still holding the wood - which is surprisingly light. My arms don't feel tired at all. The door is slightly ajar. "Hello?" I call out. Nobody answers. I briefly debate going in but since I don't want to just leave the piece of wood outside the door, I decide to take it in. I nudge the door with my foot and it swings wide open.

I get inside the house and look around. The room has gray walls and gray carpet, and is completely empty except for a bed with a black spread on it. Something is missing from the bed though... its headboard. It suddenly dawns on me - that's what the piece of wood is! It's the headboard for his new bed!

I get a sinking feeling as I realize that perhaps people are expecting me to help Don build furniture for his new place. Ugh! What a drag! To confirm my suspicions, suddenly the room that was empty is filled with half-built furniture and pieces of wood are lying around. Shoot!

Then Don appears, all in black, looking like he does in the "For My Wedding" video. "How did you get in?" he demands, looking pissed off.

"Your door was open and I wanted to bring in your headboard," I explain. "But if you want me to leave..."

Suddenly Don's attitude completely changes. "I swear I just danced with that woman! Nothing else! You believe me, right?"

"Of course," I say, but I'm feeling really awkward. It feels wrong to be having this conversation with him. Still, something tells me he is really telling the truth, which makes me feel even sorrier for him. I decide I will help him put together his furniture without complaint.

"Maybe you could talk to her for me..." he says hesitantly, and I'm struck with terror as I realize I'm about to be put in the middle of something I SO don't want to be involved in... but I agree to do it because I can't say no to him when he looks at me pleadingly with those gorgeous blue eyes.

And then I woke up. However, I'm confident that after I woke up, dream Don was able to repair his marriage with nameless blonde dream lady. lol

12-21-2013, 03:28 PM
Wow, Nanc - now that one is a real doozy! I see Don still manages to scoff at you a little though. :grin:

luna65
12-21-2013, 05:36 PM
I worry that this will be bad for me because they all like his wife better than they like him.
This nearly made me snort out my iced tea, lol. Poor Don!

I listened to "The One You Love" a few days ago (after not hearing it for quite a while) - a friend and I were talking about songs with great sax riffs and that's one I named - and so then this morning (I have my most vivid dreams between 3am and waking) I dreamed Glenn was my across-the-hall neighbor and that same situation played itself out, the return of the bad ex and all that, but we weren't involved. He was just being a good friend and telling me not to let that guy hurt me again but at some point I said to him, "You're kind of acting like a boyfriend and since you're not my boyfriend it's breaking my heart." And he said, "I'm not a good boyfriend either, that's why I know he's so bad for you." But oh, he looked so gorgeous while he was telling me this!

sodascouts
12-21-2013, 11:19 PM
I wanna trade!

luna65
12-22-2013, 12:16 AM
See I think yours was the more interesting dream!

sodascouts
12-26-2013, 01:47 PM
I had one dream featuring Joe. It's short but hey, I'm being comprehensive. I think it was inspired by the LA trip because it involves some participants!

In this dream, I'm with Henley Honey, Perfect Little Sister aka Lissa, Houston Baby, VA, and Joe (he looks like he does in the early 90s, wearing a ridiculous rainbow-colored top hat that leans to the side, a blue skinny tie, and a baggy navy blue suit). We're leaving a party and going to take my dark blue van somewhere (note: I own no such van in real life). I've been drinking so I don't want to drive, but I don't want anyone else to drive either. I'm worried they'll mess up my van.

HH says she's driving and takes the keys, and I want to tell her no, but I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings... PLS sees my face and says "Nancy doesn't want you to drive - I'll drive!"

HH is upset and insulted. At this point, I'm forced to explain, "No, it's not you, it's just I'm protective of my car - I don't really want Lissa to drive it either..." Then Houston Baby and VA both say they'll drive and Lissa is upset!

"No, it's not that... I don't want ANYONE else to drive it but I realize I can't drive so I guess someone else HAS to." I make a face. "So I GUESS it's cool if one of you guys drives, I don't care which." Now this has become really awkward and everyone is pissed off because they realize I don't trust any of them not to crash my van. I realize I should have phrased things more tactfully. HH finally just gets in the driver's seat and the rest of us pile in - PLS in the passenger seat, the rest of us in the back.

Meanwhile, Joe has disappeared, but no one has noticed. VA and HB are in the very back buckling up. I hop into the middle seat and I'm buckling up when I look around and notice Joe's not there. HH is starting up the car and it's moving already - I holler "Wait! Where's Joe?!"

"If he's not here, too bad - that's his problem. He shouldn't have left the car." HH shrugs and keeps going.

I roll the window out, stick my head out of it, and see him just standing in traffic looking confused. Cars are zooming around him and honking, and he's just standing there!

"JOE! WHAT THE.... ?! GET OUT OF THE FREAKING ROAD!" I scream at him , but he doesn't move. I duck back in the car. "We gotta go back and pick up Joe - he could be killed!"

At this, HH does this 180 full hilt in the middle of the road, tires screeching, and we zoom back to pick up Joe. I get up and throw open the van door. She slows down enough for him to jump in, although she doesn't stop. I help pull him in and he plops on the seat.

As I buckle back up, I'm furious. "What the **** were you thinking? You could have been hit! You could have ******* died!" (Yes, I cussed in my dream, although I rarely cuss in real life).

"I just wanted to take a look around while you were deciding who was gonna drive..." he says vaguely. He looks completely clueless.

Suddenly Dreamer appears out of nowhere, in between us. "Stop yelling at him. That's Joe Walsh! We are lucky he's even hanging out with us!" She turns to him and starts buckling him in, since he hasn't bothered to do so. "It's alright, Joe," she says soothingly.

I sit back, cross my arms, and look out the window, trying to calm down. Weirdly, in my dream, I hadn't remembered Joe was famous right up until Dreamer had said something. Now, I remember he's a successful musician, and I feel like I should know what group he's in, but I don't.

At that point, I wake up! Not exactly the most pleasant dream but hey, Joe was in it. lol

12-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Okay Nanc - For starters, he's in the freakin' EAGLES ... and, yes, you shouldn't have been yelling at him. It's a good thing I was willing to interrupt my evening with Glenn to keep you girls from pi$$ing Joe off. Thank you very much! :lol:

:hmm: This upcoming L.A. trip should be interesting! :twisted:

Brooke
12-26-2013, 02:43 PM
I was scared Joe was going to be hit by another car! Thankfully, you rescued him!

I wish I could have an Eagles dream! :lol:

sodascouts
12-26-2013, 04:36 PM
Dreamer, please note that the dream versions of all of us are not reflective of what our actions would be in reality! lol

bluefeather
12-28-2013, 03:26 PM
:lol: yes, Joe is an Eagle but I would've told him off too

luna65
12-28-2013, 03:36 PM
Oh my goodness I had another dream this morning, I guess hanging out here is influencing my subconscious, lol. I dreamt a friend and I went to an Eagles show, but it was from years ago, not recently. It was at an outdoor amphitheatre, but not like a shed, it was much smaller. We were fairly close. At some point during the show a huge plane came along and buzzed the place, it moved in a way I've never seen a plane move before, we all wondered if it was some kind of "black" technology. Then there was an intermission and we went to eat (there at the venue) and we saw Glenn and watched him eat, but tried to make it look like we weren't watching him. I don't remember anything else about the dream except that my friend and I got separated after the show.

zeldabjr
12-28-2013, 04:21 PM
I had an Eagles dream last night...don't remember much...I was at an Eagles concert sitting on a blanket...it was an outdoor show...and when they came out...I was confused...no Timothy?...then noticed a guy with dark short hair standing way to the right...omg it was Randy...I remember sitting there not even paying attention to the music...just kept thinking...why is Randy up there...and why is he standing on the right?...lol....that's all I remember...

sodascouts
12-28-2013, 08:45 PM
Luna, that sounds like the random kind of dreams I have!

zelda - for someone who loves Timothy as much as you do... I can imagine you weren't too thrilled in your dream, lol.

Glennsallnighter
01-03-2014, 06:51 AM
Luna's dream sounds so much like my dreams too. There's times I think (In my dreams) 'I'm so close to him now, I'll have to say something' or similar, then I wake up! lol!

Soda, your dream was certainly different. I admire the way you dreams just keep going.

And Dreamer, don't worry about leaving Glenn :heart: to sort out the girls, and keep them from upsetting Joe...... I took over from you and had a great night with him. So he wasn't one bit lonely......

01-03-2014, 01:09 PM
And Dreamer, don't worry about leaving Glenn :heart: to sort out the girls, and keep them from upsetting Joe...... I took over from you and had a great night with him. So he wasn't one bit lonely......

Now - who says we aren't dreamers. GA! :wink: :grin:

randymeisnerrocks
01-04-2014, 12:27 PM
Okay, I almost never dream but last night I dreamt that I had a baby. (I am 45 and well past child bearing.) Anyway, Gren Frey and Don Henley came over and brought gifts of champagne, chocolates and books. We had a nice visit and laughed a lot but when they were leaving, Don said "I bet it's hard to do this alone while he is on the road" and I nodded and teared up. Maybe they were talking about Mr. Meisner? ;)

VAisForEagleLovers
01-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Way better than the dream I had last night! I dreamed were in the refurbished Forum with the big record on the roof and there was a slight earthquake. 'Slight' for natives, terrorizing for me. Anyway, the big record on the roof meant the thing was unstable and so it partially collapsed. As everyone realized what was happening we all tried to get under our seats. I looked up on stage and saw a big hunk of concrete with re-bar sticking out of it and all I could think was that I was so glad the concert hadn't started yet, and no one had been on stage.

I have to admit here, earthquakes are the reason I've never been to CA before this upcoming trip (other than a weekend in San Diego). I guess my fears are coming to life in my dreams. I'll be a nervous wreck in a week or so!

Brooke
01-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Okay, I almost never dream but last night I dreamt that I had a baby. (I am 45 and well past child bearing.) Anyway, Gren Frey and Don Henley came over and brought gifts of champagne, chocolates and books. We had a nice visit and laughed a lot but when they were leaving, Don said "I bet it's hard to do this alone while he is on the road" and I nodded and teared up. Maybe they were talking about Mr. Meisner? ;)

Oh no, rmr, my mnl had a baby at 45 and also a snl had one at 45! :lol:

Way better than the dream I had last night! I dreamed were in the refurbished Forum with the big record on the roof and there was a slight earthquake. 'Slight' for natives, terrorizing for me. Anyway, the big record on the roof meant the thing was unstable and so it partially collapsed. As everyone realized what was happening we all tried to get under our seats. I looked up on stage and saw a big hunk of concrete with re-bar sticking out of it and all I could think was that I was so glad the concert hadn't started yet, and no one had been on stage.

I have to admit here, earthquakes are the reason I've never been to CA before this upcoming trip (other than a weekend in San Diego). I guess my fears are coming to life in my dreams. I'll be a nervous wreck in a week or so!

Yikes, VA! I hope this isn't a premonition.......

randymeisnerrocks
01-04-2014, 10:33 PM
[QUOTE=Brooke;261770]Oh no, rmr, my mnl had a baby at 45 and also a snl had one at 45! :lol:

All of my children are grown and I have "closed the factory." No more babies for me, I'm afraid. :)

MaryCalifornia
01-04-2014, 10:41 PM
I was visiting my 47-year-old friend in LA today who had a baby girl in August using a donor egg and donor sperm - she carried the baby, though. She didn't want to go through life not being a mom (not married). I finally had to go be with them in person just to get my head around it, because I cannot believe she actually got her baby girl - incredible. I guess we need a thread called "Dreaming of Children!" :angel:

sodascouts
01-04-2014, 11:38 PM
Yikes, VA! I hope this isn't a premonition.......
God forbid!!

SoaringRockyMountainWay
01-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Last night I had a dream that I was riding my horse through an extremely foggy swamp and I was very lost. Up ahead of me I saw a silhouette of a person. I turned my horse around to run away but the person said "Wait! Wait!" Then Glenn walked out of the fog and said "Hey, can I have a ride? I'm lost." He looked the way he did during the On the Border era. I was stunned then Glenn was actually talking to me. I said "Of course you can have a ride but I'm lost too." "That's okay. We can find our way together," he said. So I rode doubles on my horse with Glenn through the swamp. It was awesome! After a while, we saw a building in the distance. As we approached it, he said "Yes! This is the place I was looking for!" I guess this is goodbye then," I said. To my surprise he said "Nah, I'd rather keep riding with you." Then I woke up.

Brooke
01-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Very nice dream, SRMW! I'd love to go horseback riding with Glenn!

Glennsallnighter
01-05-2014, 01:33 PM

The way you phrase it sounds like the visit of the three wise men!! Looks like one of them got lost on the road!

sodascouts
01-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Last night I had a dream that I was riding my horse through an extremely foggy swamp and I was very lost. Up ahead of me I saw a silhouette of a person. I turned my horse around to run away but the person said "Wait! Wait!" Then Glenn walked out of the fog and said "Hey, can I have a ride? I'm lost." He looked the way he did during the On the Border era. I was stunned then Glenn was actually talking to me. I said "Of course you can have a ride but I'm lost too." "That's okay. We can find our way together," he said. So I rode doubles on my horse with Glenn through the swamp. It was awesome! After a while, we saw a building in the distance. As we approached it, he said "Yes! This is the place I was looking for!" I guess this is goodbye then," I said. To my surprise he said "Nah, I'd rather keep riding with you." Then I woke up.
Great dream!

cricrichan
01-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Haven't had dreams of the Eagles for a while ... but I always enjoy reading yours ;)

sodascouts
01-09-2014, 01:41 PM
So, I said in another thread that watching American Horror Story inspired a nightmare. What I didn't say there (because I was saving it for here) was that Don Henley appeared in this nightmare. Yes, Don again. Maybe because it was Stevie in the show? I don't know. Anyway...

In my dream, I'm in a very dark room talking to my sister (not one of my real sisters, but rather one of the little blond girls from the show). I can't see anything really but her outline in the dark, and the whites of her eyes. She's telling me, "I've found the man that can be my doorway into the spirit world."

"What do you mean? Who?" I ask. I'm not sure what she's talking about.

"Don Henley," she says.

My mouth drops open and I can't believe it. "Don Henley?! First off, you'd never get him." I somehow know this will involve her having to seduce him. "Second, how is that even going to work?"

"It already has worked," she declares. "He's in love with me and he's coming tonight. The vortex to the other side will open."

I feel sorry for Don. She's going to break his heart! "That's not fair to him, to use him like that," I protest.

She shrugs. "I need him to unlock the vortex."

"What happens to him after?" I ask hesitantly. I can't imagine this ending well for him.

"I don't know and I don't care," she snaps, then gets up and marches out.

I know I have to find Don and warn him, but suddenly I'm in a long, dark hallway and I see Don (looking like he did in the early 90s) going into a room at the other end. Somehow I know my sister is in there waiting for him, but I can't say anything or move. I just watch him go in helplessly. Then, I see lights flashing and hear screaming. It's horrible!!!! I know that the vortex is opening and we can't escape!!!!

The nightmare actually continues with a lot of other horrible stuff happening, but Don makes no more appearances, so we'll leave it at that for the purposes of this forum.

zeldabjr
01-09-2014, 01:58 PM
wow Soda...that is a creepy dream!! ....yes...a nightmare!

SoaringRockyMountainWay
01-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Jeeez that is creepy. Poor Don!

bluefeather
01-10-2014, 11:53 AM
Oh that's like from a horror movie! Poor Don!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-10-2014, 11:37 PM
I'm such a wimp, I would never watch such a show! I'm still having nightmares from movies I watched 20 years ago!

Still, it's neat that you could add some Eagles in there! Maybe you should watch a romantic comedy this weekend and see what happens...

cricrichan
01-16-2014, 12:01 PM
So, I said in another thread that watching American Horror Story inspired a nightmare. What I didn't say there (because I was saving it for here) was that Don Henley appeared in this nightmare. Yes, Don again. Maybe because it was Stevie in the show? I don't know. Anyway...

In my dream, I'm in a very dark room talking to my sister (not one of my real sisters, but rather one of the little blond girls from the show). I can't see anything really but her outline in the dark, and the whites of her eyes. She's telling me, "I've found the man that can be my doorway into the spirit world."

"What do you mean? Who?" I ask. I'm not sure what she's talking about.

"Don Henley," she says.

My mouth drops open and I can't believe it. "Don Henley?! First off, you'd never get him." I somehow know this will involve her having to seduce him. "Second, how is that even going to work?"

"It already has worked," she declared. "He's in love with me and he's coming tonight. The vortex to the other side will open."

I feel sorry for Don. She's going to break his heart! "That's not fair to him, to use him like that," I protest.

She shrugs. "I need him to unlock the vortex."

"What happens to him after?" I ask hesitantly. I can't imagine this ending well for him.

"I don't know and I don't care," she snaps, then gets up and marches out.

I know I have to find Don and warn him, but suddenly I'm in a long, dark hallway and I see Don (looking like he did in the early 90s) going into a room at the other end. Somehow I know my sister is in there waiting for him, but I can't say anything or move. I just watch him go in helplessly. Then, I see lights flashing and hear screaming. It's horrible!!!! I know that the vortex is opening and we can't escape!!!!

The nightmare actually continues with a lot of other horrible stuff happening, but Don makes no more appearances, so we'll leave it at that for the purposes of this forum.

Omg! Such a scary dream :fear:

shunlvswx
02-25-2014, 08:52 AM
I had a dream about Glenn last night. I'm surprise since I like Don. LOL

Anyway. I think it was the 80s or HFO Glenn. His hair was early 80s into the Miami Vice days and this was the off the drugs Glenn. I was the age I am now because I would had been jail bait if it was the Glenn of the 80s since I was in elementary school. LOL

I think it is doing the time Glenn was a solo artist and the Eagles were not on a radar for a reunion. He was single and never married his first wife. He was clean for some years.

Anyway. So Glenn lives in the same city as me. Actually it was a small town. He invited me over to his home. It wasn't a mansion, but it was nice. I thought to myself, with all the girls in this town, he picked me to hang with him. I was a lucky girl. We started hanging out with each other for a while and we started to fall in love with each other, but we didn't tell each other yet. My family hated Glenn. They didn't want me to hang around him. He was a bad influence because of his reputation in the 70s. A party animal and he was on drugs back in the day.

While we were in his nice pickup truck, Take It To The Limit came on the radio. I asked him when one of the bands songs come on the radio, do you turn it up or you quickly turn it down. He told me he quickly turn it up. LOL At that moment we poured out our feelings to each other.

I had a wedding to go to so he drove me home. Of course my family was at home and they were not happy to see him. I was so tired of them fighting with him. My family left for the wedding we were going to and I stayed behind with Glenn. I told him we should just leave this place. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. I told him I love him and he said I love you too. We kissed. Oh my. Then he drove me to the wedding down the street. After that I woke up.

sodascouts
02-25-2014, 04:07 PM
Cool dream! I have had several Eagles-related dreams over the past couple months but I haven't put them on here because frankly, they're not very interesting. I want a dream like yours!

shunlvswx
02-25-2014, 04:34 PM
That dream was strange. I mean, Glenn. Don is in my favorite and I have a nice dream about a guy I'm slowly starting to like. LOL

Oh well. Maybe I'm starting like Glenn more and more. LOL

zeldabjr
02-25-2014, 10:16 PM
Great dream shun!!...I've had a dream I was in bed with Don...and y'all know who my favorite is...wonder why these dreams happen?...lol

well I had a brief Eagles dream...I have an old school mate whose name is Nancy Frey...in real life I mean....so in my dream she and I are hanging out and going to an Eagles concert...because she is related to Glenn and is going to get me backstage...then I woke up...