02-25-2014, 11:14 PM
Nice name! lol

bluefeather
02-26-2014, 06:03 PM
:hilarious: nice name indeed, especially from Soda's POV

Ive always been a dreamer
02-26-2014, 09:51 PM
Love your dreams shun and zelda.

But please don't give Soda any ideas - she may want to legally change her name! :wink: :grin:

sad-cafe
02-27-2014, 12:02 AM
please oh please I am begging the Gods to have a wonderful dream of Timmy singing me to sleep Please please oh Please.

I have been so depressed with this weather and the every growing number of kids getting expelled that we get causing our number to be higher than what we are supposed to allow not to mention that everyone of them have attitude like you can't believe. I NEED something nice Please Timmy come sing to me in my dreams.

shunlvswx
02-27-2014, 12:33 PM
When I dreamt about Glenn the other night, I thought I was cheating on Don since he's my favorite. LOL

bluefeather
02-27-2014, 04:53 PM
He could come to me after he's visited you SC:):nahnah:

Houston Debutante
02-28-2014, 02:45 PM
I keep waiting for a Don dream ~ nothing. :weep:

DivineDon
03-01-2014, 12:32 PM
My problem is I spend too much time dreaming, especially day dreaming!

My work reminds me of Don all the time - the guy I'm researching for my PhD was a big admirer of Ralph Waldo Emerson, Walt Whitman and of course Henry David Thoreau plus he was also best friends with W.B. Yeats, Don's favourite poet! So I get reminders left, right and centre thinking of all the things I'd like to discuss with him. :brickwall:

The truth is I'd probably not be able to string a coherent sentence together if I ever did meet him such is his gorgeousness 'though I did send a letter via his fan club once telling him about this guy I'm researching 'cos I KNOW he'd be interested.

Ah well my letter's probably stuck at the bottom of a pile of others :-(

Still at least I can vent my feelings here!! lol :rockon:

sodascouts
03-01-2014, 05:57 PM
Who are you researching, DD? I'm interested to know. My specialty is Renaissance literature, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate other genres and I often teach Yeats in my British Literature course.

Anyway, I had a Don dream a few days after NOLA. Over the past few months I've had the opposite problem from shun, and my dream isn't anywhere near as exciting, but here goes...

In my dream, Don and I are singing duets with younger stars (yes, I'm a singer in this one). We're all in the studio recording together. I sing a duet with a young female star, then she sings another with Don. As he's singing his verse, I'm like "She should feel pretty honored that Don is singing with her" and after it's over, she says exactly that! lol

"Why don't you both sing backup for me on this other song?" she asks

Don and I agree, but when it's time for us to sing in the microphone, he starts joking around. He's telling all these jokes (which I can't remember now, darn it) and I'm trying not to laugh. I tell him, "Don, we need to be serious now! We've got to be ready for our cue to sing!"

"Sorry," he says, but then he laughs some more, and I wind up laughing, and I keep worrying that the singer is going to get mad and chastise us. She never does, though, and I have to admit I got a kick out of Don being the silly one for once!

I woke up before he started behaving. ;)

DivineDon
03-02-2014, 02:21 PM
Hi Soda, that's interesting. I taught Renaissance art last semester. I'm researching George AE Russell so if you know Yeats I'm sure you've heard of him. He was one of the Celtic Revivalists though I'm actually researching his art rather than his prose. He was a mystic as well as a social reformer and his paintings were based on his visions of the Tuatha De Dannan, the gods of pre-Christian Ireland. He was also a theosophist as well as an admirer of Emerson, Whitman and Thoreau so it's all very interesting and I can relate to Don's attachment to Thoreau and Waldon Woods.

On the other hand, I had an actual dream about Don himself last night! I dreamt he was showing me around his house and brought me to a room full of religious icons, you know Byzantium depictions of the Madonna and Child and then he brought me to another room full of his platinum discs and awards displayed the same as the previuos icons. It was almost as if he was worshipping them in the same way. Anyway, the really interesting part was that all through the tour he held my left hand in his right and kept stroking it with his left hand! Then...

...unfortunately, I woke up. :weep:

Sigh

bluefeather
03-02-2014, 02:40 PM
I would be happy to have a sensible dream about being a singer and performing with Don even if he was silly or especially in that case:nahnah:

Oh and I'm sorry for you, DivineDon

shunlvswx
03-18-2014, 07:45 AM
I had a dream about the guys.

My dream evolve around seeing the Eagles for the first time(I guess it will happen since I'm dreaming about going to the concert). The guys look like how they look today. I think the concert was in Vegas because I heard an announcement about the Donny and Marie show was cancel until next week. It was cancel for Friday and Saturday.

Anyway. I got to go backstage and hang with Don and Glenn. Glenn was flirting and Don was in his moods. LOL Anyway. They were leaving to get ready and Glenn gave me a hug. (What is up with Glenn being the guy hitting on me or dreaming about him other than Don. I guess I'm a closet Glenn fan. :hilarious:) Then I got to hang with Joe for a while and watch him rehearsal backstage. For reason, Timothy wasn't in my dream. Never seen him in it.

Then the dream got boring after that. It was just two days of getting ready to see the Eagles.

DJ
03-18-2014, 08:38 PM
Oh my gosh. I always dream of being at the 1974 California Jam with Randy in a limo. And that is all I can say about that!!!!:)

sodascouts
03-18-2014, 08:58 PM
I had a dream about the guys.

My dream evolve around seeing the Eagles for the first time(I guess it will happen since I'm dreaming about going to the concert). The guys look like how they look today. I think the concert was in Vegas because I heard an announcement about the Donny and Marie show was cancel until next week. It was cancel for Friday and Saturday.

Anyway. I got to go backstage and hang with Don and Glenn. Glenn was flirting and Don was in his moods. LOL Anyway. They were leaving to get ready and Glenn gave me a hug. (What is up with Glenn being the guy hitting on me or dreaming about him other than Don. I guess I'm a closet Glenn fan. :hilarious:) Then I got to hang with Joe for a while and watch him rehearsal backstage. For reason, Timothy wasn't in my dream. Never seen him in it.

Then the dream got boring after that. It was just two days of getting ready to see the Eagles.

Sounds like another great dream!

bluefeather
03-24-2014, 04:06 PM
I've finally had a dream about Timothy!:heart: Unfortunately it was two(or more) nights ago and I don't remember it anymore. I'm still glad I had it!:)

zeldabjr
03-27-2014, 02:20 AM
I've finally had a dream about Timothy!:heart: Unfortunately it was two(or more) nights ago and I don't remember it anymore. I'm still glad I had it!:)

oh I hope it was a good one bluefeather!!! :wink:

bluefeather
03-27-2014, 05:49 PM
it was good, I just can't remember the details!

Houston Baby
03-30-2014, 01:32 PM
I had an EAGLES dream a few nights ago, the first one ever that I remember.
It was the day the news broke that Phil Jackson had joined the Knicks. I remember reading all the articles & seeing the photos that day.

So the dream ......I was sitting in Glenn's office. I was over in the corner & he was sitting behind his desk going thru some papers. Glenn was looking magnificent behind that desk. We were just chatting @ sports & in walks Irving Azoff. BTW this was the HFO era Glenn and the present day Irving (go figure). Irving proceeds to stand at the corner of Glenn's desk playing an acoustic guitar & singing. It was AWFUL but I just sat there fake smiling at him. I glanced over at Glenn & he was smiling looking at me. I guess he was amused by me being subjected to Irving's attempt at entertainment. Then a pretty blonde walks in & tells them they "better get going for their meeting". As they leave Glenn says "see you later". I continue sitting there wondering what I'm supposed to do while the blonde straightens Glenn's desk. Before I make a decision I wake up!

sodascouts
03-30-2014, 04:16 PM
Cute dream!

bluefeather
03-30-2014, 05:36 PM
nice one HB, I had another Timothy dream a couple of nights ago, all I can remember is him being there and at some point sitting with someone and holding their hand/hands taking a vow or something like that:eyebrow:

shunlvswx
04-06-2014, 08:12 AM
I finally had a dream about Don H. I had him all to myself. No other guys in the dream.

OK. Here's what I remembered. I think this was Don during the HFO days. The band had just reunited and was on a break from touring. I was the age I was today. So there was a 13 year age difference since it was the Don of th HFO days.

I was dating Don and we weren't serious yet. We were getting to know each other more. So we were falling for each other as the months went by. We would hang together, go on dates, hold hands, talk to each other on the phone, he would call me at work out of nowhere and he would fly me to different places. We were also watching the HOF special. I told him that was his best look.

For some reason we were talking about how was the oldest in the group and he wanted me to say who was the oldest of the guys(That was the weird part of the dream). So I said Randy was born 1946; Bernie was 3 days older than you; Timothy's birthday was in October; Joe was in November and Glenn was the baby.

Their were some parts of the dreams, but I don't remember. Finally a dream only about Don. No Glenn like my other dream. lol

sodascouts
04-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Glad you finally got a Don Dream! He obviously appreciates a girl with a good memory. ;)

shunlvswx
04-06-2014, 04:14 PM
LOL Soda. I thought that part of the dream was very weird. Was he trying to test me on the history of the band. :laugh: Oh well. I think I did impress him.

I'm glad I didn't cheat on a dream with Glenn this time. :laugh:

zeldabjr
04-06-2014, 10:08 PM
oh I love hearing about all our Eagles dreams...

I had a strange one last night...some guy kept bugging me to go out with him...was silver haired with a beard and mustache...not bad looking...but I wasn't interested...then someone told me 'you know who he is don't you?'...I said no...who is he?....'he's the Eagles' manager'...I said omg you're kidding me?...you mean he knows Timothy?...the person said 'yeah well I would think so'...just to clarify...the guy looked nothing like Irving...in fact he was tall....and by the end of the night...I was planning a trip to 'the islands' with the guy...lol...that's all I remember....I am a terrible person...to go out with someone just because he was the guys' manager...Good thing it was only a dream....

sad-cafe
04-23-2014, 10:31 PM
I had a totally weird dream last night. I and my hubby and several others (possibly some students) were all in a hotel room I believe it was in Vegas. We were all there for concert. It is sketchy. I remember waking up with like 6 in a bed sleeping head to feet. I woke up in-between someone's feet to Don telling us our room had been robbed and our tickets were gone but not to worry, Eagles were making us their special guests that night. Timothy B then brought me a ton of costly make up (I wear exactly 3 things) because the thieves stole my make up bag. Then they told us to all get ready because they were going to make our day before the concert that night.

How strange is that????

Houston Baby
04-24-2014, 08:44 AM
It might be a little strange :laugh: but I like the part about "going to make your day before the concert"! :headbang:

sodascouts
04-24-2014, 10:25 PM
Sounds like a positive dream overall! ;)

04-24-2014, 10:59 PM
Well even if your dream was a little weird, s-c, it definitely has its share of fine moments! :thumbsup:

zeldabjr
04-25-2014, 12:20 AM
yeah...I think your dream sounds pretty awesome SC!!...

I've had two dreams this week...

the other night I had a dream I was in someone's house...not mine...and I had gathered all my family around the TV..even my Dad...and was making them watch the 6 o'clock news...because they were going to do a story on Timothy...when it came on..I was squaling like a teenager...It was Timothy...with very long hair...in a pony tail...leading the Halloween parade in Buffalo...I was so excited and couldn't believe that he came to Buffalo just to lead our Halloween parade...that's all I remember...lol

Last night I had a dream I was at a Def Leppard concert..but there was hardly anyone there...so the band was asking people to come onto the stage...and asking people if they wanted to go backstage...so of course I went backstage...and there were drinks and bar stools to sit on...and I'm looking around and I see this blond woman...and I'm thinking...she looks familiar...took me a second...but I realized it was Jean Schmit...then my head starts spinning around looking around the room...and there he was...that's all I remember...wish there was more to this one...

sodascouts
04-25-2014, 05:44 PM
Some interesting stuff there!

Houston Baby
04-25-2014, 10:24 PM
...and I'm looking around and I see this blond woman...and I'm thinking...she looks familiar...took me a second...but I realized it was Jean Schmit...then my head starts spinning around looking around the room...and there he was....

There WHO was Z? :hilarious:

WalshFan88
04-25-2014, 10:56 PM
There WHO was Z? :hilarious:

Warren Zevon? Robert Plant? I just can't imagine who she's referring to. :confused:

:hilarious:

Houston Baby
04-26-2014, 12:00 AM
:rofl:

bluefeather
04-27-2014, 06:05 PM
:rofl:

Zanny Kingston
06-10-2014, 09:37 AM
I have never had a dream about any of the Eagles until last night.

I was in a city and it was supposed to be a town near where I live, Duxbury, but it was nothing like the real thing. The real town is very suburban and this place in my dream felt like Manhattan. Anyway, I was with a group of friends and of the group, I was the only one who knew Glenn Frey. Glenn was with some other men I did not recognize and they were standing near us in what may have been a hotel lobby, so Glenn walks over and he asked me to walk with him to Miles Market which was down the street from where we were because he wanted to get some fresh air and something to drink. So there I was walking with Glenn Frey down a busy city street and it began to rain so we crossed the street because the other side of the street had stores with awnings on the front of them. We were just talking about general things and when we reached the market my dream was over. it was so crazy because the Miles market we walked to was a market that is in Bermuda!

Just the strangest dream. It was Glenn as he is today and I have no idea how I knew him!

sodascouts
06-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Sounds lovely to me!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-11-2014, 10:07 PM
Cool dream!!

SoaringRockyMountainWay
06-13-2014, 09:31 AM
I had a dream last night that I was standing at a white counter and I was ordering something. I felt a tap on my shoulder and it was Glenn. He looked the way he does now. I got so excited that I screamed and I fainted. He had a warm smile on his face and he gave me his hand to pull me up. He said "I know your excited. Its ok." Then I woke up.

It was the most real dream I've ever had. I thought it was actually happening!

sodascouts
06-13-2014, 01:03 PM
Cool!

I haven't dreamed of the Eagles in months, when I used to dream about them regularly. It bums me out. Maybe I should go to bed listening to their music and hope it soaks my subconscious sufficiently for more dreams. ;)

06-13-2014, 04:43 PM
Cool dream, SRMW. Even when dreams are short, it's awesome if they are very realistic!

And, yes, Soda, you need to find something to inspire your Eagles dreams again.

SoaringRockyMountainWay
06-13-2014, 08:59 PM
Soda, I listen to the Eagles every night before I go to bed. I also have posters of them next to my bed. That's how I get my Eagles dreams.

Houston Baby
06-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Thanks to Soda and her new delicious avatar I had a dream last night involving Glenn. Calm down ladies, nothing sexual but it was a very sweet dream. I cannot remember the details but I remember waking up this morning and thinking he was just as sweet as he looks in Soda's avatar. I think between the avatar and conversation about Glenn with a friend last night that is what brought on the dream.

Hmmm, I might have to try this strategy again in the future. Thanks Soda!!

lifeinthefastlane
06-26-2014, 05:25 PM
I happened to stumble upon this thread a while back, and I think it‘s a really cool topic! Personally, I write down all the dreams I remember into random notebooks, and the other day I found a dream with Glenn in it. I've got a few other Eagles dreams written down somewhere, too, but I guess I'll have to look through the archives for those!

The dream began at my house, where having a yard sale of some sort, and I ducked back inside to grab something when I heard a sound coming from my bedroom (nope, that’s not where this is going, lol). I opened the door to find Irving Azoff trying to coax Glenn to lie down on my bed for a while until he felt better. Glenn looked like he was straight out of the No Fun Aloud era, all decked out in the white suit he wore for the album cover, but the white suit was now quite tarnished and looked as if he had crawled around in a pile of dirt. Glenn himself looked quite sweaty and pale, and seemed out of it. Stunned, I asked Irving if he was okay, and the only response I got was, “He’ll be okay,” and the door slammed in my face. Oh, Irving. I then heard Glenn retching on the other side of the door, and Irving saying, “Glenn! Not on these shoes!” Never mind that it was my bed. Lol. Honestly though, I don't think I would mind giving up my bed as a sickbay for Glenn. :)

Houston Baby
06-26-2014, 08:33 PM
I wouldn't mind playing nurse to Glenn either LITFL!

sodascouts
06-26-2014, 08:36 PM
Poor Sugar - I'll take care of him! ;)

HB - too bad you can't remember more - it sounds like a great dream!

SoaringRockyMountainWay
06-27-2014, 08:59 AM
I had a dream last night that I was going to an Eagles concert. The first person to get there would get a free front row seat. I got there really early and I start walking to the door. There were two people in front of me so I ran as fast as I could. I passed them and I got the front row seat. To get to the stage I had to go through a pond of alligators. I ran through it because I really wanted to see the Eagles. I finally get to my front row seat and I'm right in front of Joe. Their opening song was Best of My Love and for some reason I was the only one in the audience who knew the song. I was belting it out and Don't smiled at me. Joe and I started randomly jamming. Then I woke up.

bluefeather
06-27-2014, 01:18 PM
that sounds like a fun dream SRMW:)

Glenn retching in your bedroom LITFL, ugh:hilarious:

sodascouts
06-27-2014, 02:32 PM
A brave Eagles fan, SRMW!

sad-cafe
06-28-2014, 01:14 AM
we are going on a cruise in March. I dreamed our boys were going to be on the same cruise. How I wish that would happen in real life

shunlvswx
06-28-2014, 11:13 AM
I had a dream about Joe. We went to a comedy show and enjoying ourselves. Joe all of a sudden told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me and I made him a different man. I think he was about to proposed as I woke up from the dream.

bluefeather
06-28-2014, 01:25 PM
oh crap shun, it so sucks when you wake up too soon from a lovely dream like that, typical:eyebrow::hilarious:

sodascouts
06-28-2014, 08:16 PM
Looks like folks are having some sweet dreams! I had one last week that I didn't post about because it wasn't that great, especially compared to a wedding proposal!

shunlvswx
06-28-2014, 09:09 PM
My dreams seem to always included touring with them(and it always seem to be during the HFO era), dating them or getting a proposal from them. :hilarious: Let's see. I've gotten a marriage proposal from Joe, Don, and Glenn. Timothy is the only one I haven't dreamed about.

shunlvswx
06-28-2014, 09:23 PM
Cool!

I haven't dreamed of the Eagles in months, when I used to dream about them regularly. It bums me out. Maybe I should go to bed listening to their music and hope it soaks my subconscious sufficiently for more dreams. ;)

Usually when I dream about the guys, I have watched something or read something. I had no idea why I dreamt about Joe last night. Oh wait. I know what it was now. I was watching Stevie's Storytellers on Youtube yesterday and she was telling the story about how the song Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You came about and she talked about Joe. It was such a beautiful story and sad too.

06-29-2014, 01:26 PM
I think he was about to proposed as I woke up from the dream.

Oh man! I hate it when that happens!!! :hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
07-05-2014, 12:55 AM
I had a dream last night that I know was longer than what I remember, but my brother and SIL and I were somewhere, I don't know where, but it seemed like it was Philadelphia (I have no idea why I'd go there, let alone with my brother), and we were in a restaurant or bar drinking. Next thing I know, Glenn is there and we all introduced ourselves, and talked about something, I don't remember what. Then Glenn says, "I didn't mean to interrupt your visit with each other, I just thought I'd say 'hi'". My brother said, "That's OK." He gestured at me then says, "We were getting a little tired of her one on one anyway." Totally shocked that my brat of a brother would say such a thing to Glenn, I was completely unladylike and punched his arm. Then I smiled at Glenn and said, "They love me, don't let them kid you." Glenn laughed and looked at them, then me and said, "I can tell." That was the end of the dream, and I'm pretty sure I'll smack my brother when I see him next week just because.

bluefeather
07-05-2014, 02:36 PM
:hilarious:

TheresaHine
07-06-2014, 01:00 AM
Hi my name is Theresa.....Im 51 years old I have been Dreaming my whole life of seeing the Eagles in concert.....I have never had the money...or Sometime the time to go see them...They Are going to be in my area in September in Allentown.....Im praying so hard that I Can Come Up with the Money For A Ticket Because I Dont Know When They Will Be In My Area Again....Please Pray For Me That I Can Come Up With The Money For A Ticket....:worried:

bluefeather
07-06-2014, 10:28 AM
welcome Theresa, go and enjoy your first Eagles concert:thumbsup::)

zeldabjr
07-06-2014, 12:29 PM
oh VA that is cute...lol

Welcome to the Border Theresa...and I do hope your dream comes true...every Eagles fan deserves to see this show!!!

I had an odd dream last night...and not very clear in my mind...I walked into a room and it was filled with women and babies...I immediately went over to this one woman...an older woman...holding a little baby girl...somehow I knew she was the grandmother and I guess I knew whose baby she was...and I said "omg can I hold her for a while?"...she said sure...so I picked up this little baby...and started carrying her around the room ...showing her off to everyone...and I was telling people..."This is Timothy's baby"...in my head I was thinking this was his and Jean's baby I guess...and I was thrilled that I was getting to hold their daughter...I was grinning ear to ear...and I remember overhearing someone say...'omg Brenda's in her glory'...lol....that's all I remember...weird dream huh?

shunlvswx
07-06-2014, 08:37 PM
I had a dream about Don this afternoon. It was another dream from the HFO era. So I was Don's little helper. I help carry parts of his drums to another room. Security was giving me a hard time. They wouldn't let go backstage. I told him I was helping Don. Of course I went around him. :hilarious: That's all I remember.

I woke up from the dream with The Heat is On was playing on tv. Beverly Hills Cops was coming on when I woke up. Talk about timing.

shunlvswx
07-08-2014, 09:21 AM
I have the weirdest dream last night. I was pregnant(nope. Its not one of the guys) and I went to my first Eagles concert. It was like a theater, but it was an outdoor theater. Half of the place had a roof and half of it you can see the sky. So I was at the last row of the middle section. I can't remember the first song that was played. So on the next song, Glenn decided to walk and run through the audience shaking people's hands. So I was excited. So when he came to me, he told me and four other people to come with him. He took us to the front row. That was soo cool. They started playing the original version of Heartache Tonight. The dream got really weird. The guys was turning a circle with other people I've never seen before. Randy was singing Take It To The Limit.

Then later, Joe was by himself. He was singing some strange song I've never heard of and it definitely wasn't one of his songs. It sounded like an old 40s song. He also went into the audience. When he came to me, he shook my hand and gave me a kiss. As he was asking me where I was from, I woke up. Actually. My alarm was about to go off. That was a weird. The guys looked like how they look today.

It was a very interesting dream. :hilarious:

sodascouts
07-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Interesting stuff!

bluefeather
07-10-2014, 08:17 AM
:hilarious: that was fun in a weird way

SoaringRockyMountainWay
07-12-2014, 09:39 AM
I had a dream with Glenn in it last night. Apparently I was in California( I've never been there before) and it was a really bright day. I was walking down a sidewalk and Glenn walks around the corner. He looked the way he did from HFO and he looked super cool with his sunglasses on. I said "Hi Glenn! What's up?" He said "I'm just walking. You wanna join me?" I said yes and we strolled the streets. All of a sudden he took off running and I said "Glenn wait up! Wait up!" But he kept on running. He stopped far ahead of me and smiled at me. Then I woke up.

07-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Love these dreams, shun and SRMW - fun reading even when they are strange, especially for folks like me who never seem to dream or, at least, don't remember them if I do. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
07-13-2014, 08:06 PM
I had a dream last week, and I kept meaning to write it down but I kept putting it off, and now I think I've forgotten about half of it, dang it!!! It was good, too!!!

sad-cafe
07-21-2014, 05:06 PM
the other night, my hubby wanted to get frisky. Since we have a 22 year old daughter still living with us, I always get subconscious so I play music. In our bedroom Bose, the CD Hotel California is in it so that is what we played. We went to sleep and I must have dreamed a lot but the only thing I remember is feeling like I was waking up and Timothy B is coming out of my shower with a towel around his waist and he is rubbing his wet hair with another towel. YUMMY

zeldabjr
07-21-2014, 07:53 PM
SC love your dream! :grin:

I had a dream last night...I was at a Def Leppard concert...It was a very small venue...and Joe was on stage playing with them!...I was sitting right in the front...and Joe came out into the audience..and came right over to me...I think because I was on the aisle seat...I remember saying "oh Joe I just love you"...and I put my arms around him and gave him a big hug...then I gave him a little kiss too...

sad-cafe
07-21-2014, 08:44 PM
Z That's cool

We watched a VH1 behind the Music about DL. They said that under the stage they had like 60 girls topless during the show. WOW

07-21-2014, 09:30 PM
Love your dreams ladies!

Z That's cool

We watched a VH1 behind the Music about DL. They said that under the stage they had like 60 girls topless during the show. WOW

And good grief ... what's that all about? That's a whole lotta boobs! :grin:

VAisForEagleLovers
07-21-2014, 09:43 PM
Oh wow, LizzyPlays just went to see them last night, and she managed to get into the VIP lounge without having bought a VIP ticket. Hmmm. :D I wonder if they still do that?

zeldabjr
07-22-2014, 12:13 AM
I saw her pics from the show last night on FB...I think that's why Def Leppard was in my dream...but I had to get an Eagle in there!! :wink:

SoaringRockyMountainWay
07-22-2014, 02:33 PM
I had a dream the other night that I was at a very fancy outdoor dance. There was a quartz dance floor with tables around it and quartz stairs leading up to a huge mansion. No one was dancing and I was getting bored because they weren't playing any Eagles songs. I walked up the stairs to check out the house and once I got up there I saw Joe sitting at a table. I started to get really excited. He got up and started walking to his car. I ran down the stairs and I went up to him and said "Can you autograph this for me?" Apparently I had an Eagles album in my hand. He said "Sure! I have a pen in my car." We walked to his car and he autographed the album. I said "I just want to thank you for everything. The Eagles have gotten me through so many hard times. The nights that I'm in my room crying no one in my family will even come comfort me. Its the Eagles that dry my tears with their songs." He said "You're so very welcome" and he gave me a hug. I asked if he could tell the rest of the Eagles that I said thank you. He said "Of course I will. I promise." Then I woke up.

bluefeather
07-22-2014, 04:05 PM
aww sweet

zeldabjr
07-22-2014, 05:20 PM
aww...love this dream SRMW!! and I'm sure in real life Joe would do exactly this!

Houston Baby
07-22-2014, 06:34 PM
Love your dream SRMW!

Glennsallnighter
07-22-2014, 07:29 PM
the other night, my hubby wanted to get frisky. Since we have a 22 year old daughter still living with us, I always get subconscious so I play music. In our bedroom Bose, the CD Hotel California is in it so that is what we played. We went to sleep and I must have dreamed a lot but the only thing I remember is feeling like I was waking up and Timothy B is coming out of my shower with a towel around his waist and he is rubbing his wet hair with another towel. YUMMY

..... Brings me back 30 or so years when Bobby Ewing stepped outa that shower.....

sodascouts
07-22-2014, 08:26 PM
Love these dreams!

zeldabjr
07-23-2014, 12:29 AM

SC I'm trying to channel your dream...I want to have this dream too!!! :blush:

sad-cafe
07-24-2014, 01:53 AM
Love your dreams ladies!

And good grief ... what's that all about? That's a whole lotta boobs! :grin:

it was kind of like the 3E parties except these were during the show and the button was to be shirtless

sodascouts
07-24-2014, 05:22 PM
LOL!

shunlvswx
07-26-2014, 12:17 PM
My Eagles dreams have been very strange lately.

I had a dream this week that I was at another Eagles concert(it was the current Eagles). It was an outdoor concert and their were thousands and thousands of people. I somehow got a backstage pass to meet the guys. I don't remember meeting Don, Glen or Timothy, but somehow I met Joe. For some reason, Joe wanted me to sing with him later on in the show. Cool. Again. I had Joe going to the audience again. I don't know what's going on with me having dreams of the guys going into the audience. :hilarious:

07-26-2014, 12:20 PM
:hmm: shun - sometimes you may be better off just not knowing. :grin:

sodascouts
07-27-2014, 05:53 PM
Sounds fun!

sodascouts
07-29-2014, 02:46 PM
So I've had a montage of Eagle dreams... here we go!

In the first, I go into a dry cleaner's and there's Glenn behind the counter. I'm with a fellow fan (who shall remain nameless, as I don't think she'd appreciate being in this dream). There's an elderly couple ahead of us in line. This fan is so eager to get to Glenn that she shoves the old people aside and starts climbing over the counter. She slips, though, and somehow falls into that sloping machine that rotates the clothes into the back where they get cleaned. The rack is moving and her shirt is caught on it... she starts to get dragged up... then her shirt rips and she suddenly falls, bounces down the machine, hits the counter, and then hits the floor. It all happens in less than a minute.

Glenn and I are horrified. I get out my cell phone and call an ambulance. Glenn cradles her in his arms and comforts her. I start to feel irrationally jealous and begin to wish I had had an accident so that Glenn would be comforting me! The old couple just looks confused.

Suddenly we're in the hospital. I'm standing beside the hospital bed; she's in traction. Glenn is walking towards us.

"I'm so sorry about what happened. I brought flowers," Glenn says, handing a big bouquet of roses to me to take while he talks to her.

"It wasn't your fault... I'm so embarrassed..." she says as I look for a place to put the flowers. I finally decide to plop them on a side table. Now Glenn is holding her hand.

She's so lucky! I think again.

"As soon as you're well, feel free to come down to the dry cleaner's anytime," he says kindly to her.

"Oh thank you," she replies. "I will!"

"Well, I have to go now. Goodbye," he says and turns away.

"Bye, Glenn!" I say, hoping he'll talk to me a bit.

"Bye, Nancy," he says over his shoulder as he heads out the door.

Oh well, better than nothing, I sigh to myself.

Flash forward again.

I'm wheeling my fellow fan into the dry cleaners; she's still in a wheelchair, but she wants to make the most out of Glenn's invitation. He smiles widely and indicates a spot for me to wheel her next to the register while he helps a customer who is turning in some shirts to be starched.

"You can leave me here," she says after I get her next to the wall. "I'll call you if I need a ride home."

Now I'm pissed off. The least she could do was let me hang around!

I woke up with a frown on my face. lol

The other two dreams are coming!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-31-2014, 09:31 PM
Too funny! Really, you have Glenn working at a drycleaners? No wonder he didn't want to talk to you!

sad-cafe
08-10-2014, 01:40 AM
SC I'm trying to channel your dream...I want to have this dream too!!! :blush:

I wish it had been longer :blush:

Raven Hair
08-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Believe it or not, my first Eagles related dream was last night. I must have had this forum deep in my subconscious!

Don Henley and I were in a cabin somewhere in the south, like Texas or Missouri. The cabin was in the woods but also in a fairly largely populated town. He and I start to become intimate (I would give gory details, but I know this is not a porn forum). Strangely enough, he is wearing the outfit from the photo shoot in the HOE where Joe is narrating over it talking about being intimidated by Joe and Glen. The outfit with the hat and pants with suspenders.

Just as we start getting undressed, there is a knock on the door and in comes the Union Army -Civil War- commander and soldiers who say they need the cabin for a headquarters.

Don and I go to the grocer - who has a store that looks like they presently do, not in the civil war era. We buy all kinds of canned food so it won't spoil but when we get back to the commander he says his troops can't open them yet because the can opener hasn't yet been invented!!!! Don takes his drum sticks and punches holes in the cans and pours the food out

Another commentary on Don's creative talents??? LMAO !!!

sad-cafe
08-10-2014, 02:09 PM
what a wild twist and turn Z. But you got to see Don's survival mode :)

Lisa
08-17-2014, 03:59 PM
This is a 'seventies type of dream with a kind-of fragmented story line:

Don Henley is riding in a school library elevator carrying a small stack of school notebooks. I am standing next to Don as we both ascend the stacks. "Don," I ask, "are those your books, or are they someone else's books?" Don has a yellow full-sized legal pad and an 8 1/2" x 11" spiral bound college-ruled notebook. He has a watery-blue fountain pen. He also has a little aqua green magic marker. He rides up to floor three and gets out of the elevator. I follow Don. He turns a corner in a grey-carpeted hallway, and he goes into a little room on the left. It is the rare books room of the library. I go into the room and sit down next to the doorway at a conference-style wooden table. Don sits down next to the head of the table. Some school students walk into the room and sit down, and everyone starts talking about Victorian novels. Glenn walks in and sits down, but he doesn't talk to anyone.

Don walks to the nearest bookshelf, and he takes out the book "Vanity Fair," by Willliam Makepeace Thackaray. I start talking about Wilkie Collins' "The Moonstone." Some of the students talk about Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" and then Emily Bronte's "Wuthering Heights." "Vanity Fair" is the biggest novel on the table. It looks endless, like a social drama on television. It has a plastic-protected library cover with a pink cotton-candy outlined cover painting, and it is musty and worn. I start thinking that I'll take out "Vanity Fair" and read it; and I take the novel from the table and open it to start reading it; but it is long and colorless instead of glossy. Disillusioned, I put the book back onto the table. Glenn was left out of the conversation as Don talked to all of the students. Glenn went out into the hallway from Don's social whirl. Don had character. He could have talked to the students all day. Outside of the door, Glenn said that he didn't want all of those people to talk about him. When magazines put out an article on the Eagles, all of the teens would talk about his haircut and the interviews, the music, the hits, and all of the pictures in the magazines. Don started to talk about art and music. He talked about rock and country music. He talked about the meanings of songs, and how music and lyrics together could convey meaning to an audience. Don put the copy of "Vanity Fair" back in the bookshelf, and he and the students broke off their conversation. Don and Glenn went outside and got into a car. Don was still talking, as they drove out of the library driveway. I think they were going to meet the rest of the Eagles after they left.

sad-cafe
09-02-2014, 11:53 PM
We have been having a rough month health wise. It started with an ear infection for me...antibiotic made me break out so had to stop taking it and suffer through the ear hurt, next night I stubbed my left foot...probably broke my pinky toe and bruised the other three badly. Still hurts and it has been a month. Did it the week school started so have only been able to wear crocs. Then hubby's back got all jacked up again. He can hardly move to put on his shoes and socks. Been a rough month...On top of the usual Crohn's crap. So after the doctor for hubby today (had to ditch in-service) I was just emotionally and physically exhausted. Took a nap while playing VH1 the Doobies on TV. I dreamed that hubby took me to Vegas to see The Eagles play and wouldn't you know it, the Doobies came on stage and played as well. Concert was 5 hours long and they played and played and played. And then after the concert both groups stuck around in a kind of meet and greet situation. Pat Simmons and Timothy B sat at our table and we talked until they had to go.

Don't know what caused the dream but I so enjoyed it. Would be a great stress reliever.

sodascouts
09-03-2014, 10:13 PM
SC, glad to hear your dream did you some good.

Lisa, yours is an entertaining read as well!

sad-cafe
09-03-2014, 11:18 PM
I sure wouldn't mind having a "racy" dream of my Timothy B someday

09-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Ditto. soda.

zeldabjr
09-04-2014, 02:50 AM
love hearing these dreams about the guys...lol

had one last night...but don't remember much...I was bowling with a few people...and was doing quite well...got 182 my first game...but in the second game...I noticed the Eagles were standing in the back watching...don't know if they were watching me exactly...but needless to say...I got a 68 that game...and I remember dropping the ball...and gutter balls, etc...guess I got a wee bit nervous with the boys around...lol...that's all I remember

sodascouts
09-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Too bad they had to mess you up. ;)

Houston Baby
09-05-2014, 08:41 AM
I love hearing about these dreams too since I hardly ever have one.

And Z, at least you did not drop the ball on one of our guys' foot which is probably what I would have done being so klutzy & nervous with them there. :nervous:

Lisa
09-07-2014, 11:07 AM
This one's a before "Hotel California" scenario:

Don, Glenn, and Randy are riding in the back seat of a white sedan, and Randy is in the center, where he is kind of melancholy. Glenn and Don do all of the talking. The driver has the radio on, and I am sitting next to him. We are driving to a country store. "Take It To the Limit," a chart hit on the radio at the time, starts to play on the car radio as we go up a ramp to a merge with a highway. We start singing the song. As we get to the refrain, we go through the merge for the highway. Glenn says, "Hey, Randy. This is your song!" Don adds, "It's all yours!" Randy doesn't say anything. He looks a little subdued and depressed. We arrive at the country store, and Don walks over to the sign for the store on a hill on a rural road. The sign is hand-painted. Don has his yellow pad for writing with him. All four of us, (without the driver), sit in the grass next to the sign on the hill. Don starts talking about the Eagles. He talks about soft rock and all of the hits they've had on the radio. "Take It to the Limit" is the current hit. He talks about "One of These Nights," and "Best of My Love." Don is wondering what the younger crowd would think if the Eagles changed their music to add a rock sound. The Eagles had a long string of soft rock hit singles, and he is worried. "Don," I say, "Everyone listens to rock. It grabs your attention and holds on to a listener." Don, Glenn, and Randy don't know. They love country rock. They have roots in country rock. A harder sound for the Eagles? Would the crowd accept them with a new sound? Then Don re-asserts his interest in conveying meaning in music: how would a song lyric set to music change for an audience and for what it hopes to hear?

sodascouts
09-15-2014, 11:39 PM
Neat dream, Lisa!

I just had more of a nightmare than a dream! I've been exhausted all day after my NYC trip, so I took a nap earlier. I dreamt that Stevie Nicks was on TV announcing she and the rest of Fleetwood Mac would be making guest appearances at the Eagles NYC show on Sept. 18. I am watching in disbelief thinking I had just been there, but now I need to right back! I can't miss this! I curse my luck that they didn't do the 13th but immediately start trying to figure out how to go to the show on the 18th, no matter what the cost. I start to freak out thinking about all the scrambling I'm going to have to do - missing work, spending more money, getting good seats at this late date...

I woke up and for like a minute I laid on my couch still believing this was happening and stressing out about making the trip happen before I finally snapped back to reality!

Houston Baby
09-16-2014, 09:07 PM
Whoa, I would be stressing too Soda! :fear:

Lisa
10-27-2014, 12:06 PM
In my dream, I was driving a car sitting next to Don Henley and listening to the radio--in the summer --"Hotel California" came on, and I started singing. I was driving over to Don's house to listen to records and to get grape licorice shoelace candy. I parked in the driveway of the house, and we sat in the car.

"How they danced in the courtyard..."

"Who are your friends, Don?" I asked no one in particular. I continued to sing "Hotel California" as the car radio played. Don didn't answer. He looked out at the driveway.

While I was singing, I thought for a fleeting moment that I always knew that the song "Hotel California" was about Don Henley, and that he was not just its lead singer for no reason at all. The song ended; I stopped singing. Don sat silently for a minute.

Don and I got out of the car and walked to the door of the house. Don walked in the door, and I followed him into a foyer, where I stood for a minute.

"The thing about Don is, he loves peaches," I observed. I meant that sincerely and literally. It was peach season, and he had a box of giant peaches sitting on his kitchen table. California-sized peaches! I saw them from the hallway. At that point, we both had one thing in common, having said very little to each other in the car: an admiration of that box of summer peaches. The large box was a gift from a record company; the return address was on the box.

I asked, "Don,--what about nectarines? Do you like them, too?" I guessed that Don would get another new box from the same record company by Christmas.

Don said, "Yeah." We smiled together at the knowledge that the remaining year would bring an array of company gift boxes.

Freypower
10-27-2014, 04:22 PM
In my dream, I was driving a car sitting next to Don Henley and listening to the radio--in the summer --"Hotel California" came on, and I started singing. I was driving over to Don's house to listen to records and to get grape licorice shoelace candy. I parked in the driveway of the house, and we sat in the car.

"How they danced in the courtyard..."

"Who are your friends, Don," I asked no one in particular.

I always knew that the song "Hotel California" was about Don Henley, and that he was not just its lead singer for no reason at all. Of course--the intro with the descriptive story to the "mission bell" does sound a little bit more like Glenn Frey, but that is where the resemblance stops-right after the end of the first verse.

Don and I got out of the car and walked to the door of the house. Don walked in the door, and I followed him into a foyer, where I stood for a minute.

"The thing about Don is, he loves peaches," I observed. It was peach season, and he had a box of giant peaches sitting on his kitchen table. California-sized peaches! I saw them from the hallway.

I said, "Don,--what about the nectarines? Do you like them, too?

Don said, "Yeah."

I have never heard the song Hotel California as being 'about' Don Henley, just because he wrote a lot of it (hence the reason he sings it). I don't think it's as cut & dried as you claim to say that Glenn may have written the opening part & that was it. I think there is a possibility that the first & last verses of the song may draw on Henley's experiences, but the bulk of it is talking about 'her' in metaphorical terms, and I have always thought 'her' is California, not Don Henley. He does say it concerns a journey from innocence to experience, but his own journey? I have never seen it that way.

Lisa
10-28-2014, 09:11 AM
I like your characterization of the "her" being California.

I wouldn't say that I implied that the song is either simple or multi-faceted.

I am only writing a fictional story, not actually discussing the meaning(s) of a song lyric.

Of course, in the dream--I am singing "Hotel California" to the car radio, and that is singing as a girl about guy(s), instead of Don Henley singing "Hotel California." and it is my impression of the song from my singing the song that I included in the paragraph--so, I don't know what Don's lyric would imply--from the driver's seat of a car singing to the radio. It is a fictional situation as a departure from the discussion. The dream story is only told from the point of view of the narrator--it is not objective, it is subjective.

I wouldn't have any idea what Don Henley would have meant.

Of course, if you want me to delete any of the paragraphs--it is just another story, and I'll be happy to delete some of any of it, or all of it. It is not meaningful to me not to delete anything you don't want to archive. I have already tried to delete the posts this morning, but the delete feature didn't work.

Freypower
10-28-2014, 05:48 PM
I like your characterization of the "her" being California.

I wouldn't say that I implied that the song is either simple or multi-faceted.

I am only writing a fictional story, not actually discussing the meaning(s) of a song lyric.

Of course, in the dream--I am singing "Hotel California" to the car radio, and that is singing as a girl about guy(s), instead of Don Henley singing "Hotel California." and it is my impression of the song from my singing the song that I included in the paragraph--so, I don't know what Don's lyric would imply--from the driver's seat of a car singing to the radio. It is a fictional situation as a departure from the discussion. The dream story is only told from the point of view of the narrator--it is not objective, it is subjective.

I wouldn't have any idea what Don Henley would have meant.

Of course, if you want me to delete any of the paragraphs--it is just another story, and I'll be happy to delete some of any of it, or all of it. It is not meaningful to me not to delete anything you don't want to archive. I have already tried to delete the posts this morning, but the delete feature didn't work.

Of course you don't have to delete any of it. I only thought when you said you have always thought the song is about Don Henley that was you talking, not a fictional narrator.

shunlvswx
10-29-2014, 07:18 AM
I had an interesting dream.

I don't remember if I was Massachusetts or Texas, but I was visiting one of Don's organizations and I saw him there. He liked me and wanted to hire me. So I was there for a couple of days. I got hang with with him and look around the place. He asked my opinion on some things and it was just fun hanging with him. He and some other people were interviewing me. Then I woke up. I think it was Christmas because he was dressed as an elf and singing to the workers. LOL

Question. Does your dreams be triggered by a clip, picture or article. Mines was a picture of Don that was taken just on Monday in Boston.

Lisa
10-29-2014, 08:58 AM
Oh, I didn't realize that it seemed like I'd stepped out of the narrative and was talking at that point! I'm sorry. I had this dream-story jotted down in a notebook, and I was just re-reading my notebook and quickly transcribing the story--so, I couldn't see any possible change someone else could find in a read-through.

At that point in the narrative, I was trying to continue some rationales from the point of view of this person driving a car and singing to the car radio with Don riding along! It is the point of view of the person who is singing the song. I had only mentioned that I was singing in the first paragraph--and I didn't subsequently follow the image through for the reader!

I didn't say that I was singing to the car radio while Don sat silently; (to point out hat Don was not singing); until I rewrote the paragraphs and re-characterized the scene. I wasn't going to step outside of the narrative and talk about any ideas about the song "Hotel California" at all in this dream-story. This is only a short sketch from a notebook!

VAisForEagleLovers
10-30-2014, 08:27 AM
Lisa, if you're going to go into this kind of analysis, maybe we should concentrate on why you dreamed that Don likes peaches? There's got to be some interesting theories there. :hilarious: Years and years ago I dreamed that I made an apple pie, and Glenn arrived out of nowhere, thanked me for making it for him, then walked away with it while I stood there trying to come up with the words to tell my friends there would be no dessert. I wondered for a long time why I had dreamed that, I was having a dinner party, but I'd already made a chocolate/Kahlua cheesecake.

Lisa
10-30-2014, 09:15 AM
Hi--that's a good dream about the apple pie!

I was wondering whether the first line of "Tequila Sunrise," for example, could transfer from the words "sunrise+ to "sky"-- to "apple pie?" Maybe the "pie" is related to a song that mentions a "sky." (??)

The theory, I would think, would be that it is that I've finished singing the song--and that it is a glossy evasion and euphemistic mental rewriting of the "feast"--"beast" image. A box of peaches instead of "the beast"--?? "Peach" and "beast" rhyme, and you could easily replace the one item with the other as a mental device--possibly, "In the master's chamber" becomes a kitchen as seen from a foyer.

Theory, though. Those seem to be some of the connecting ideas,.

sodascouts
10-30-2014, 11:03 PM
Seems like I have dearths of Eagles dreams for long periods, then a lot at once. I've had about three within the last three weeks, ever since I spent the night at Linden on the way home from Austin.

In my most recent dream a couple nights ago, I had gone on a trip to see the Eagles with the usual gang ;), yet for some reason, I was separated from everyone else. They are all staying in one room together, and that room has a balcony that looks over the sidewalk that leads to the entrance to the hotel. It's dark, and they are out on the balcony chatting. I am standing outside, around the corner, leaning against the wall, out of sight.

The current Eagles are walking up to the hotel and see the girls on the balcony. They recognize them and start to do an impromptu version of "How Long" for them, looking up at them as they sing! Of course all the girls are thrilled. They call out to the guys and wave from the balcony. Everyone is smiling and laughing.

I hear them and quietly peek around the corner to see them, but I can't get a good view. I see a rusty black fire escape ladder hanging down off the side of the building, and I climb up it. I finally get high enough to see the guys clearly, even though I'm looking at them from the side. As I stick my head a bit out to see better, Glenn suddenly turns his head and sees me. He winks at me. I'm not sure what to do. It is a bit embarrassing to be caught on the fire escape! Then, he gestures for me to come down.

Thrilled, I scramble down, but when I go around the corner they are gone - disappeared without a trace. In fact, everyone is gone. The streets are deserted. I'm devastated.

Next thing I know I'm in the hotel lobby. It's a very nice, old-fashioned hotel with a huge marble fountain in the middle of it. A bank of steel elevators are behind the fountain. A few people are milling about and everything seems back to normal.

Two of the elevators land on the ground floor at the same time; they open to reveal the band in one elevator and the backing band in the other. Again, they spontaneously break out into song. This time they're singing "Seven Bridges Road".

They walk out to the fountain and finish singing the song standing in front of it. I'm on the other side of the fountain with a few other random people, watching them through the falling water. Everyone's delighted and clapping. After the band finishes, they smile and wave, heading off to the venue to play the show.

Suddenly I realize that I don't have tickets to the show! How did that happen?! I start to panic. It's just a couple hours away... Ticketmaster isn't selling them... too late to turn to a scalper site... I could try at the venue....

As I'm weighing my options, all the other girls come down and walk past me, talking about how they wished they had been in the lobby to hear the Eagles. "Are you going to the show?" I ask as they go by. They say yes without slowing down, continuing to head on.

After they leave, I decide to get a taxi to the venue. As I head to the door, Glenn comes back in, dressed all in black. "Glenn!" I cry. "I'm so glad to see you!"

"I saw you before and I was going to ask if you were going to the show," he smiles.

"Yes, but I don't have a ticket yet," I reply. Would he offer me one?

"Well, I hope you get a good seat," he responds. Guess not! "Anyway, I've got to get going - they're waiting for me." He grins widely. "See you there!"

"I hope so!" I watch him leave, thinking that the truth is that I'll probably be so far away Glenn won't "see me there" at all, but it's so freaking cool that I got to talk to him that I don't care.

That's when I woke up - happy that at least I got to say hi to Glenn!

Houston Baby
10-31-2014, 10:21 AM
Soda - that last part is somewhat deja vu. I hope I get an EAGLES dream after the Linden trip. Mine are always months apart!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-02-2015, 10:09 AM
I had the most bizarre dream last night! I've forgotten parts of it, of course, but here's what I remember...

The dream took place in the late 60's or early 70's, but I wasn't in fifth grade, I had already graduated (I assume) from high school. Glenn was in the dream, but he wasn't part of the Eagles, nor was he a successful musician.

I'm not sure where I was, but I lived in a rather run-down part of some city. A somewhat safe neighborhood, but the kind of place where the quarters are cramped and the rent is cheap. I had a small apartment in a weird kind of duplex. Two rooms plus the bathroom, it was a bedroom and a living area/kitchen area, except the 'kitchen' was only a refrigerator and a small table and chairs. There were two units in the duplex, of course, and they shared a common front door. There was a hallway inside that went left and right. My unit was on the left. The unit on the right was rented by a couple with two young boys. The couple had their bed in the living room with a couch and a couple chairs. The boys had two cots against walls in the bedroom, so they had no place for their toys except on their beds. They didn't sleep well at night because when they rolled over, their toys would make noise and wake them up.

At some point, I met Glenn, and if I dreamt that part, I don't remember it. He looked a little older than he would have been in 1970, more like he looked in 1974 or 1975. He had a moustache and long hair, and he could never be anything but hot. Even though he wasn't a successful musician, he still had a way with women, and he intended to stay footloose and fancy free in order to enjoy that success with as many women as possible. However, he needed a place to stay.

We were friends, and apparently we'd slept together, although I didn't dream that part, more's the pity. We'd been together often enough that he'd stayed at my tiny apartment several times. In my dream, I 'remembered' the past where we'd stopped seeing each other, but I'd gone to see him play at a club (a dive) and afterwards, he asked if he could crash at my place. I said it was fine.

So, we seemed to share a tiny apartment and share a large bed, but we never had sex. In my dream I wasn't all that happy about that, but many times I'd be in bed, asleep, and would wake up when he came in, and it was always obvious to me that he'd been with other women. So I accepted that we were roommates and that was it, because I wasn't about to share him.

He didn't pay me rent, but he helped out with things. Due to the lack of kitchen facilities, we had to eat out a lot, and he often paid for my food, or found a way to get it for free. There was a bar/restaurant nearby that we ate at nearly all the time, and to get to it, it was a long walk around a hill. A shortcut was to walk up the very steep grade of about 20 ft, and it wasn't something I could or would do on my own, but every evening, he managed to help me up and down that hill so we wouldn't have to walk the long way around.

He was also very protective of me. If I wanted to go home, he'd take a break from whatever gig he had, or whatever conversation he was in, and walk me home, even on the nights we weren't at the restaurant on the the steep grade. It was more like he wanted to make sure I got home OK. He'd walk me in, and then usually leave again and not return until much later.

Rather than work very hard at his own career, he seemed to spend a lot of time helping other musicians. He was waiting for his one big break, but he seemed to assume it would come to him rather than him go find it. So, that was very un-Glenn-like. I never dreamed about my job, but I had one, and it was steady, and in his mind, it made me a target for those who might want to rob me or sweet talk me into giving them any money I might have.

At some point, Glenn disappeared. He'd not come to the apartment in what seemed like a long time. He'd left a few things, but not important things, and I wondered if he even remembered them. I met another guy and went out with him a few times. He had a bit of a aura like a salesman, and he talked a good line. I remember always questioning his motives with everything he said. After waking up and thinking about it, he looked like Billy Idol (he played on the Winter Classic yesterday, so perhaps that's why he was on my mind).

My relationship with this guy was evolving and it was time, in his mind, to sleep together. I didn't know if that was the right thing to do, but he could talk a good line. One night we were out at a restaurant, and he mentioned going back to my place with me. I didn't say yes and I didn't say no, I was tempted, but still felt like once I let that happen I'd lose control of something important, I'm not sure what. I had to meet a friend for a few minutes and I told him I'd be right back. I went and met her, gave her $5, I have no idea why. On my way back to the restaurant, I saw Glenn. He smiled at me, gave me a friendly hug, and wanted mentioned he was 'bringing the band' back to the apartment and was buying a bunch of pizzas if I wanted any.

I remember being so relieved that he was back. To me it was a sign that I wasn't to move forward with this guy. I went back to the restaurant and decided that I wasn't going to tell him, I was just going to disappear and go home. I didn't trust this guy to not force the issue.

I went back to the apartment, and I could hear Glenn and the others. I wasn't hungry, so I didn't hurry, and the neighbor kids came out and were so disappointed I wasn't one of their parents. I got the impression their parents were often taking drugs or trying to score drugs, and it seemed these kids hadn't been fed in a while. I was thinking of leaving again and going and getting them some food, but I didn't want to go by myself. Glenn came out and at first, I thought he was going to offer them pizza, but instead, he went out to a nearby market and got them something healthier (I think it was soup).

Glenn returned and it was like he'd never left. He never said where he'd gone, but he had cash for a change, and he talked like his worries about money were over. I wondered if our relationship would change, but I smelled perfume on him, and it wasn't mine. So, I woke up.

It was a very bizarre dream, and when I woke up, all I could really think about at first was those poor neighbor kids.

Glennsallnighter
01-03-2015, 06:59 AM
Very interesting dream VA and a lot going on there! Amazing how Glenn :heart: just manages to keep you hanging on for him the whole duration!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-03-2015, 10:53 AM
I dreamed about a softball game and John Madden last night, so as weird as this dream was, it was preferable to last night's! Though in last night's dream, it was a much younger John Madden. I have to wonder why I'm dreaming about people as they were in the past?

Glennsallnighter
01-03-2015, 05:32 PM
Its not much but one night last week I was dreaming that Joe was playing a concert in Dublin and I also dreamed another night that I was at a joint Glenn :heart: Don concert. I don't know where it was, just that I was at it and they were taking turns singing. I was happy!

I don't tend to have detailed leads up to dreams, Maybe I am shallow!!

01-03-2015, 06:21 PM
Very interesting Glenn dream, VA. You could spend lots of time analyzing that one! :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
01-03-2015, 07:15 PM
I so seldom remember my dreams and when I do, they're stupid things, like work related. This one was definitely odd... The detail around the neighbor kids with their toys on their beds is very weird.

SoaringRockyMountainWay
01-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Last night I dreamed that I was walking down a side walk with my dad and he waved to someone. I realized the person he waved to was Eric Clapton. My dad said I could go talk to him so I ran up to him and said, "Mr. Clapton, I'm your friend's daughter. I need to ask you something." He laughed and said, "I know you want to meet Joe Walsh. I'll show you where he is. Follow me." I followed Eric Clapton until I saw Joe. I had a panic attack inside and I was thinking Oh my gosh I'm going to meet Joe Walsh!!!! Joe saw that I was freaking out so he walked over to me and gave me a hug. Then I woke up.

I wish the dream didn't end there. I didn't even get to talk to Joe. That would happen to me in real life if I ever met one of the Eagles, I would get so excited that I wouldn't be able to talk. :hilarious: Just the thought of ever meeting them is making me excited right now.

01-03-2015, 10:45 PM
Love that SRMW - particularly the part where Eric knew you wanted to meet Joe. And shoot - you think, at least you'd get a break in your dreams and could have struck up a cool conversation Joe that lasted late into the evening. :wink: :grin:

sodascouts
01-05-2015, 01:01 AM
VA, what an interesting dream! Might be worth looking up some dream interp sites for that.

SRMW - sounds like you woke up too soon!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-17-2015, 01:16 PM
Last night I had a very short dream about Don. I don't remember what led up to it, but I was in a very large space. Very wide, very tall ceiling, and quite formal with a floor and stairs that looked like marble. In front of me was a huge Christmas tree, not decorated. It was at least twenty feet tall, maybe more. It was beautiful even without the lights and decorations. I didn't see them, but I knew the boxes with the lights and decorations were on the floor nearby.

As I stood and looked at the tree, Don moved up beside me, looking at the tree and admiring it. "Beautiful tree. Now how does it get decorated?" He looked at me. "You bring pogo sticks?"

His words and tone struck me funny in the dream and I laughed. I laughed hard enough it woke me up.

sodascouts
01-17-2015, 07:26 PM
That sounds very cute!

sodascouts
01-21-2015, 12:48 AM
Over the last month I've had a few dreams, all with Glenn doing rather mundane things; sometimes he is happy with me, sometimes he isn't. None of them have been interesting enough to post here, but the best one was one where we just chit-chatted and it was like we were friends. I woke up all warm inside. :smile:

The most recent was last week, and I guess a little more happened in it than usual, although not much. I was in a lobby of some kind - not a hotel lobby, more like the lobby of a fancy building with a lot of offices and conference halls in it, with glass and metal decor - very modern. I was on a circular couch with a big metallic column in the middle of it, looking out through an external wall of glass which included a door. Light streamed in through the wall and the lobby was very bright. There were several couches in the lobby, but nobody else was in there but me.

Then, I see modern-day Glenn coming through the door. Seeing him doesn't surprise me. I realize I've seen him here once before, and then I worry that he'll think I'm here again explicitly to see him. That worries me - I don't want to come off as a stalker - but what to do?

There's nothing to be done, really, so I just sit quietly as he passes. He sees me and gives me a smile, but it seems kind of strained, and it's not the kind that says "So happy to see you - let's chat!" I smile back and watch him walk off towards the metallic elevators.

Then suddenly my friend J. from graduate school is next to me on the coach with a canvas and a bag of art supplies. She's brunette and rather heavy, a lesbian, kind of a loner, but we'd always gotten along well. We both love literature and science fiction. "Thanks for coming to see me enter the art contest," she says and we hug.

"No problem, I'm happy to," I answer. I glance over at Glenn who is waiting for the elevator and I hope he's heard our exchange, proof positive that I'm not a stalker!

Suddenly the lobby changes and it's a room filled with people painting. The couches are gone and it's all easels and canvases with people in front of them working away. This is the contest - who can come up with the best painting before time runs out. I'm watching J. A few rows over, Glenn is watching someone else paint. Who is it? I can't quite make the person out.

An announcement comes over the PA system. "All who are not entrants in the contest must leave immediately or whoever you are with will be disqualified." I turn to leave but Glenn is staying put. I look back at him over my shoulder and meet his eyes. I raise an eyebrow. He narrows his eyes, crosses his arms, and mouths "I'm staying."

I mouth, "You'll disqualify" and point up at the loudspeaker from which the voice had emanated.

"Don't say a word," he mouths back with a determined look on his face.

I shrug and head on out towards the door right as a thin blond older woman comes through it with a sour look on her face. "Get out!" she demands crossly.

"I'm going," I say as I continue to the door. I'm tempted to glance back at Glenn and see if the woman has gone over to him, but I force myself to keep looking forward as I walk out the door. I won't be the one who gives him away if she hasn't seen him yet! I have a bad feeling he'll be caught, though...

Then I woke up.

Fascinating, eh? ;)

bluefeather
01-21-2015, 05:39 PM
certainly interesting

Lisa
01-23-2015, 10:26 AM
I was going to say, like "Building the Perfect Beast," but I guess that goes without saying. It is so patchwork to go from a glittering lobby to a painting competition!

Tori
05-11-2015, 03:58 PM
In the past couple months or so I've had TWO stress dreams about not getting my VIP tickets for the concert in Green Bay. The latest one was last night. My sister and I had walked into the floor sections of the Resch Center, which looked much smaller in the dream than it actually is in real life. We sat in our seats, then realized we had managed to get into the floor section without anyone looking at our tickets or anything. The ushers were sparsely located and didn't seem very interested in their jobs, haha. Wanting to do the right thing, we went back out to the lobby and asked for directions to the box office to pick up our tickets. Everyone's directions were really unclear and we ended up in the elevator going to a bunch of different floors looking for the box office, with no luck. Ultimately, we gave up because it was getting closer to showtime, and we got back into the floor section AGAIN, still without tickets. We sat down just in time to see the guys perform... The Last Resort? That hasn't been on the setlist for YEARS! It was still cool, though. Overall a strange and stressful dream. Hopefully the ticket situation goes WAY smoother than that.

sodascouts
05-11-2015, 04:29 PM
I daresay it will - and you'll have a blast!

sodascouts
05-13-2015, 10:37 AM
Weirdly, I often have Eagle dreams when I'm visiting Texas, and it's happened again - probably partially caused by ticket anxiety, since I don't yet have any for Austin.

In my dream, I am a waitress at a casino where Glenn is doing a solo show. Tickets were sold out before I could get one. I am glum and miserable as I pour coffee to put onto a tray to bring out to customers, dressed in an old-fashioned black-and-white maid's uniform with a ruffled apron (yeah, I know, lol). A fellow waitress is droning on and on about some awful book she's been reading involving murder and incest and horrible crap like that in some kind of Deliverance-type setting. I can barely stand to listen to her, so I abruptly turn to put my coffee cup on the tray... and spill it.

"I'm sorry," I say, and quickly try to clean it up. In that weird way of dreams, no matter how much scrubbing I do, more coffee appears on the counter. I am about to cry. The owner of the restaurant walks into the kitchen - an Italian guy dressed in a suit with a thick mustache and accent.

"Ah, poor Nancy, don't be so upset, everyone spills sometimes," he says, smiling. I nod and keep scrubbing.

"She's upset because she can't go to that concert," the other waitress says.

"What, did the manager not give you time off? I will talk to him!" He huffs.

"No - I didn't ask for time off," I quickly say, straightening up. The coffee has finally disappeared. "I couldn't get a ticket."

"Well, we will see about that," my boss states. He signals for me to follow him. Still dressed in my waitress outfit, I walk with him to where the show is being held. He opens a door off to the side, away from where the crowds are entering. "It's OK, go inside and find a seat," he smiles. I am excited but nervous - find a seat where? - but I am not about to say no! I step through the door.

Suddenly, I am outside at a huge outdoor venue. There are some seats off to the far side of the stage. The rest are square to the stage but built into a mountainside, like Red Rocks (http://jmimna.com/red-rocks-amphitheatre/). However, they're more randomly arrayed; while there's long rows directly in front of the stage, the higher you go on the mountainside, the more they become pockets of seats here and there. The seats go very high up.

I see an empty seat on the risers on the far side. I hustle over and sit in one, hoping desperately the person who's supposed to be sitting there doesn't arrive. My eyes dart around the venue, tying to spot another empty seat to use as backup in case he/she does arrive. However, to my dismay, there are ushers checking tickets in all of the other areas.

The concert is starting. Glenn is beginning. He's singing "That Girl" and he turns to our section. Oh my gosh! I love this song! I'm in ecstasy! I never thought I would hear this! I forget my troubles for a moment in my excitement. He sends a big smile our way. Then, he finishes the song and turns back to face the front.

"That's it," I hear someone next to me say. "He won't turn this way again. Time to move."

En masse, the people start abandoning the risers and moving to the empty seats in the area in front of the stage. They all seem to have tickets for those seats, and ushers are checking for them. What to do? Soon all the seats will be gone!

I look up. At the very tip-top of the mountain, there's a pocket of seats that are all empty. People are slowly moving up the stairs - maybe they're heading towards those seats! How to beat them? I decide to ignore the stairs and climb the rock.

Amazingly, it works! I scramble up with ease in my waitress garb and I'm set! My friend Jo suddenly appears - the most non-athletic friend I have, so maybe my subconscious was emphasizing how unrealistic this all is, lol - and we sit down to watch the show. To our astonishment, the stage is empty! Glenn is gone!

"Hi Nancy - good to see you," a voice says from behind me. I turn around, my heart racing - it's Glenn! "Sorry you have such a bad seat," he adds apologetically.

"Are you kidding? This is the best seat in the house - you're here!" I gush.

"Well yeah, but I have to go back down in a little bit and finish the show, and these really are the worst seats." Glenn gestures towards the view and indeed, he's going to be miniscule on that stage from this height.

"Er...yeah... I guess so..." I flush, but he smiles so I feel a bit better about my fangirl outburst.

He turns to introduce himself to my friend, and she tells him how she writes some fantasy fiction. She gives a little detail about the plot of the one she's currently working on. He seems really interested and she offers to send him a copy when she's finished. I sit back and just enjoy the moment with a huge grin on my face, although I don't say anything else.

After a bit, he reminds us he has to go back down. "I'm sorry I can't talk longer, but I have a show to do."

"Of course," we say together, and he just disappears and re-appears on the stage.

Oddly enough, in my dream, I don't find it strange that he is able to transport himself magically, lol. We settle down to watch the rest of the show.

I think we might have gotten to see a couple more songs before I woke up feeling very happy!

Lisa
05-25-2015, 12:56 PM
Well, you got to talk with Glenn even without the sold out tickets that started the drama. It is a happier narrative as it concludes. The restaurant manager sounds like a cameo for ...Tony Orlando..., without Dawn???

sodascouts
05-25-2015, 10:04 PM
Yeah, it was one of my happier dreams, and my tickets turned out just fine for the Eagles show, so all was well in both dream-land and real life!

AlreadyGone95
06-20-2015, 12:14 PM
Well, I can say that I had my first Eagles related dream last night. I rarely dream, or if I do dream, I don't remember them. Now, I'd been thinking that my first Eagles dream would involve Glenn Frey. Well, I was wrong. My first Eagles dream was about Joe Walsh. I'm thinking that the reason Joe was in is because last evening, I spent 3 hours watching the 2015 RnRHoF induction ceremony with my uncle. Joe was on there playing with his Brother in law, Ringo Starr.

Unfortunately, the dream wasn't too long or too exciting.(it was exciting to myself!)

It started out with me online looking up the Eagles on Google. About the 3rd or 4th link down said "Joe Walsh announces solo tour while on break from the Eagles". I thought "sweet", so for the heck of it, I decided to check the dates, even though I knew that he wouldn't play anywhere near me. Well, there were a few dates before the Eagles completed their HoTE tour. Then the dates skipped to August. The first date said "August 4th, Cordele, Ga 8 pm". I thought that I had lost it or had really misread the city. Cordele is a small city about an hour from me. It only has a population of 11,000. It's mostly known for being the place to go to get on I-75 going north to Macon/Atlanta.

Well, it turned out that Joe was actually playing in Cordele. Tickets were affordable even for my broke self, so I bought 2,(mom and I) and I also bought some earplugs for my mom, :lol: (she can't stand loud noises, so at least the dream was somewhat realistic). Joe was playing in an outdoor amphitheater. He took to the stage on time. He was wearing a gray t-shirt with khaki shorts (he looked great). He had just started playing Funk #49 when, in real life, my mom screamed at me "the damn dog got loose", and she woke me up. I was not happy!

Well, not a bad first Eagles dream to have! If only it could come true!

SoaringRockyMountainWay
08-13-2015, 04:29 PM
So last night I dreamt that I was walking to my bedroom and I opened the door and turned on the lights. Sitting on my bed was none other than Don Henley. I was like "Oh my gosh! I'm so excited I don't even know what to do." He laughed and said, "Well hello to you too." To calm myself down, I took a deep breath. Then I said, "There's so much I want to talk to you about but I have to tell you something. Thank you for writing those songs." He put his hand on my shoulder and said, "You're very welcome. You have a guitar don't you?" I said that I did and I grabbed it out of my closet and gave it to him. Then he started writing a song. I was thinking, "Don Henley is writing a song in my bedroom! How cool is that!" When he started singing the song he just wrote, I was in complete awe of how amazing his voice was. Then my dog, Bella, came in my room and sat next to me. Don said, "Your dog is so cute." So I said to Bella, "Go see Don Henley!" And she jumped up in his lap and he petted her. Then I said, "Do you want to see my horse?" He smiled and said, "I'd love to." So I said, "Alright. I'll take you to the barn." Then I woke up.
I sure hope Mr. Henley will be sitting on my bed waiting for me when I get home tonight! :hilarious:

LuvTim
08-13-2015, 04:51 PM
Well, I can say that I had my first Eagles related dream last night. I rarely dream, or if I do dream, I don't remember them. Now, I'd been thinking that my first Eagles dream would involve Glenn Frey. Well, I was wrong. My first Eagles dream was about Joe Walsh. I'm thinking that the reason Joe was in is because last evening, I spent 3 hours watching the 2015 RnRHoF induction ceremony with my uncle. Joe was on there playing with his Brother in law, Ringo Starr.

Unfortunately, the dream wasn't too long or too exciting.(it was exciting to myself!)

It started out with me online looking up the Eagles on Google. About the 3rd or 4th link down said "Joe Walsh announces solo tour while on break from the Eagles". I thought "sweet", so for the heck of it, I decided to check the dates, even though I knew that he wouldn't play anywhere near me. Well, there were a few dates before the Eagles completed their HoTE tour. Then the dates skipped to August. The first date said "August 4th, Cordele, Ga 8 pm". I thought that I had lost it or had really misread the city. Cordele is a small city about an hour from me. It only has a population of 11,000. It's mostly known for being the place to go to get on I-75 going north to Macon/Atlanta.

Well, it turned out that Joe was actually playing in Cordele. Tickets were affordable even for my broke self, so I bought 2,(mom and I) and I also bought some earplugs for my mom, :lol: (she can't stand loud noises, so at least the dream was somewhat realistic). Joe was playing in an outdoor amphitheater. He took to the stage on time. He was wearing a gray t-shirt with khaki shorts (he looked great). He had just started playing Funk #49 when, in real life, my mom screamed at me "the damn dog got loose", and she woke me up. I was not happy!

Well, not a bad first Eagles dream to have! If only it could come true!

Pretty funny, AG!:hilarious:

Fleurette767
08-13-2015, 04:53 PM
What a thread!! Gonna have fun on the commuter train home tonight!!!!!

LuvTim
08-13-2015, 04:54 PM
So last night I dreamt that I was walking to my bedroom and I opened the door and turned on the lights. Sitting on my bed was none other than Don Henley. I was like "Oh my gosh! I'm so excited I don't even know what to do." He laughed and said, "Well hello to you too." To calm myself down, I took a deep breath. Then I said, "There's so much I want to talk to you about but I have to tell you something. Thank you for writing those songs." He put his hand on my shoulder and said, "You're very welcome. You have a guitar don't you?" I said that I did and I grabbed it out of my closet and gave it to him. Then he started writing a song. I was thinking, "Don Henley is writing a song in my bedroom! How cool is that!" When he started singing the song he just wrote, I was in complete awe of how amazing his voice was. Then my dog, Bella, came in my room and sat next to me. Don said, "Your dog is so cute." So I said to Bella, "Go see Don Henley!" And she jumped up in his lap and he petted her. Then I said, "Do you want to see my horse?" He smiled and said, "I'd love to." So I said, "Alright. I'll take you to the barn." Then I woke up.
I sure hope Mr. Henley will be sitting on my bed waiting for me when I get home tonight! :hilarious:

Talk about "Sweet dreams!" That's a truly sweet dream. :guitar:

08-13-2015, 10:05 PM
Awesome dreams AG and SRMW. I really enjoy reading this thread because, in spite of my board name, I don't dream very much at all (at least not when I'm asleep at night). :thumbsup:

sodascouts
08-13-2015, 10:43 PM
Thanks for sharing your Eagle dreams! I had a couple in Africa and I'll share them when I get a bit of time!

VAisForEagleLovers
08-13-2015, 10:57 PM
Thanks for sharing your Eagle dreams! I had a couple in Africa and I'll share them when I get a bit of time!

Did you dream of Lion Eyes? :hilarious:

AlreadyGone95
08-15-2015, 02:48 AM
Pretty funny, AG!:hilarious:

Thanks :). I enjoyed that dream. It's the only one I've had in several years that I can vividly remember 2 months later. Sadly, it's been the only Eagles dream I've had. (Although I've had plenty of daydreams)

SoaringRockyMountainWay
09-05-2015, 02:52 PM
Last night I had the best Eagles dream!

I dreamt that I was at an Eagles concert with my mom and dad. The layout of the venue was in a square. I was sitting at the top row but there were no seats going down. It was a straight drop down to the floor seats. The opening band was walking off the stage. Then Don Henley rose up on a little platform right in front of me. No one seemed to notice he was there except me. I waved at him and he smiled and waved back. I was thinking "Oh my gosh! Don Henley waved to me!" Once everyone realized he was there he said, "Due to some technical difficulties, the horse show that was scheduled to go after the Eagles is going first." Then he went back down on the platform. I thought, "If the concert isn't gonna start for a while, I'll wander around some." I walked around the corner and peeked over the railing. I saw some of my friends bringing their horses in. I sat down in an empty chair and I realized Glenn was sitting next to me. Freaking out, I leaned back in the reclining chair. Glenn leaned back too and he said, "Just relax." I put my feet up on the railing and he did too. I rested my head on my arms and he did too. I took a deep breath and he did too. We both laid there for a while looking in each other's eyes. It was amazing. Then my friend from school plopped in the chair on the other side of me. I tapped my friend's knee and pointed toward Glenn but he was gone. I told my friend about everything that happened with Don and Glenn and we realized that we hadn't seen Joe anywhere. My friend said, "I saw Timothy walking around on the floor but I haven't seen Joe. I hope he shows up for my first Eagles concert." "He'll show up. I know it," I replied. Sure enough we heard Joe warming up with some awesome guitar riffs. "This is going to be a great show," I told my friend.

When I woke up, I was really confused and I didn't know where I was. Then I realized it was only a dream and I was actually in my room.

09-07-2015, 12:24 PM
Yep SRMW - that's what you call sweet dreams! :thumbsup:

AlreadyGone95
09-08-2015, 12:06 PM
Very nice dream there SRMW! I'm jealous of the part where you and Glenn relaxed together!

sodascouts
09-10-2015, 12:11 AM
What a cool dream!

sodascouts
01-21-2016, 12:06 PM
You know, I mentioned in another thread that I'd had a really disturbing dream about Glenn while I was in Texas last December, but what I didn't mention was that I also had a really sweet dream about him around that same time. It happened a few days later, I think. I'm going to talk about it here because it balances the bad one nicely.

That dream started out with me joining Glenn in his hotel suite. I was with a girl my age who he called "Beth" but whose real name was Jess. Turns out, in the dream, she was his daughter, and he eventually recognized her. There were tons of people in the hotel suite but weirdly, several of them were MY family members - my cousins, my parents. Glenn was chatty and friendly to all of us, working the room. There was a concert the next day and we were all invited. However, my family needed to fly back and I was obligated to go with them.

Suddenly, it's the next day and we're on our way to the airport when a runaway golf cart slams into my cousin's car and they miss their plane. I am secretly gleeful - we can go to the concert now!

When we get to the show, though, there's no ticket left for me. I figure I'll pay extra and get in, then try to sneak up to where my family was.

Before I could do so, however, the brick building next to the ticketing office started to shake and the a hole opened up in it that we could step through. That's where Glenn was. He was hanging out with his friends and family.

Everyone tried to sing the "Books of the Bible" song and flailed about halfway through, forgetting all those minor prophets. Glenn laughed and said, "Amateurs!" with a wink. He could do the whole thing.

I said, "I didn't think you sung that kind of song."

Glenn replied, "Someone told me they thought I'd sound good on it, so I decided to try it."

We were all about to leave for the show - Glenn to get onstage, and us to get to the audience. There was a guy with me who told Glenn to be careful onstage, that his life was being threatened, and Glenn looked shocked, then he blew it off. The rest of us trundled on out.

I somehow got separated from everyone else and got lost on my way to the concert hall. I was in a panic and trying to figure out how to get in. I made it just in time.

Then I woke up, but I was smiling, because in that dream, Glenn made me feel pretty special.

AlreadyGone95
01-21-2016, 12:29 PM
Just reading about your dream put on smile on my face, Soda.

This part, though... I think that somehow something was letting you know that Glenn was in danger.

Glenn to get onstage, and us to get to the audience. There was a guy with me who told Glenn to be careful onstage, that his life was being threatened, and Glenn looked shocked, then he blew it off.

Outlawman13
01-21-2016, 04:10 PM
I do love that dream Nancy!! Always wonderful to dream about Glenn!!

Lisa
01-21-2016, 09:51 PM
It's so incongruous, getting to go to a show because of a runaway golf cart!

SoaringRockyMountainWay
02-07-2016, 05:53 PM
I had an Eagles dream the other day that was cool but kinda sad. I dreamt that I was at an Eagles concert with my dad and we were standing in the front row but we were the only ones there. The entire arena was empty including the stage. My dad suggested that we go back stage and see if the Eagles were there because there was no security to tell us we couldn't. So we walked down a long hall way to a back stage area and we walked around the corner to a small room. Don, Joe, and Timothy were sitting there and Glenn was standing on the stairs. Don waved and Joe smiled at me. Don turned to Glenn and said, "Glenn, look." But Glenn was completely zoned out so Don had to snap his fingers in front of his face until he came out of his daydream. Then Don said again, "Glenn, look. We have a visitor." Glenn finally saw me standing next to him. I got really excited and all I could say was a nervous/excited hi. Glenn gave me a really weird look so I said, "You guys are my heroes." Glenn shook my hand and said, "I'm glad to hear that. Come sit down." I noticed that Glenn's hand was really cold and his veins were really pronounced but I sat down on the couch next to him. Joe said they were working on a set list and Glenn showed me what they had so far. I gave them my opinion on what songs they should play and we talked for what seemed like hours. Then I noticed that Glenn looked kinda sad so I asked him what was wrong and he said, "I don't know. I just feel weird." I said back to him, "Everything will be fine." Then I rested my head on his shoulder and we sat there peacefully for a few minutes. It was like the perfect moment. When I woke up, I realized that the reason Glenn was acting so strange was because I was dreaming of his sickness. :cry:

Jonny Come Lately
02-15-2016, 06:10 PM
I had an Eagles-related dream last night, and a bit of a strange one, as I wasn't really dreaming about the Eagles as such, just about a Don solo track with a weird twist.

I was asleep and Don's A Month Of Sundays came into my head. I should emphasise now that this was the studio version of the song I was listening to, not a live performance. The song was playing, and there was nothing odd - the music and lyrics were as they should be - but then, I think it was after the 'rushing of the wheels' line, Glenn started singing some completely different lyrics. I can't remember what he sung, but I knew it was Glenn's voice. Shortly afterwards I woke up. I have no idea what on earth that dream was about.

Tori
02-15-2016, 06:23 PM
Interesting dream. Month of Sundays was one of the songs I listened to a LOT after hearing about Glenn's passing (for some reason I still can't explain), so I find your dream especially intriguing!

buffyfan145
02-16-2016, 10:58 AM
Well I finally ended up having Glenn and most of the Eagles show up in my dreams last night. I know I was so emotional after the Grammys performance and I tend to have dreams like this a lot but with other celebs I'm a fan of, so I had a feeling this was going to happen but the 2nd one of the two was so vivid and weirdly comforting. The first I had was that Glenn apparently did some sort of acoustic performance last spring/summer and it was finally airing. He did his Eagles and solo songs, a couple covers, and then apparently a new song but I don't remember the lyrics just that I never heard it before. I think maybe my mind was making up for me never seeing him live.

Then it morphed into the 2nd dream which was so vivid. I remember it starting out that I thought I was watching "Almost Famous" since I saw the actor who played William sitting by a record player till I realized it wasn't the movie's characters as Don and Glenn were actually sitting opposite me on a couch looking like they did around 1973 or 1974 based off hairstyles and Glen having long hair but no mustache. It seemed to be in a dressing room backstage somewhere. Glenn was playing a guitar quietly while Don was lounging with his arms crossed listening to a Beatles record Cameron Crowe (who my mind showed with the actor who played William) was playing. Randy was sitting in a chair along the wall quietly listening along too, Bernie was lying on the floor throwing I think a tennis ball against the wall, and I think Felder was sitting in a chair next to mine (I only really saw the guy from profile so I think it was Felder as he was blonde).

Anyway, Cameron is asking the guys about how The Beatles were an influence on them and I hear Don start talking about how they watched them as kids and the same things we heard on the "History of the Eagles" doc. I keep looking around the room as my thoughts start realizing that one, this isn't a movie and I shouldn't be there and that I hear "Come Together" playing. I look over at Glenn and see him playing his guitar along with the song and it's matching perfectly. Suddenly Glenn all of a sudden speaks and says "It's always the ones like that that go first."

We all look up at him and both Cameron and Don looked puzzled, Randy looks concerned, and I'm shocked he said that. The thought comes to me that this is years before John died and he shouldn't know that. Cameron asks what that means and I'm starting to speak when I see Glenn look up and stare straight at me. I then hear him speaking though his mouth never moves saying "Amanda, don't tell them the truth. They need this and you need this. Just let us have this for a little while."

I'm shocked he spoke to me as I actually heard his voice. So I try to think of what to say and end up saying something with my Beatle knowledge that John always wanted to start a band and how when he met Paul it finally started working so he was the originator/leader of the band. Cameron nods as he gets that and Don starts laughing and teasing Glenn for getting all the credit when he played a part too. Both Cameron and I even point out how they are like Lennon & McCartney. Glenn laughs about it and goes back to playing his guitar and talking with the other guys and I'm taking this all in right before I wake up.

It was just both so weird with the timing and how he spoke to me in it. It felt like I was there as I could feel the chair I was sitting in and remember so much of the details. I know I got inspired by "Almost Famous" and Cameron's story to start actually writing my own fictional stories I was creating as well (which have become my self-published novels) and how music always inspires me to write, so I feel like it makes sense for me to imagine this. And seeing the guys perform for Glenn last night I feel just brought this on but I'm glad it did. It was amazing to be in the same room with them and see them happy, especially Glenn.

Outlawman13
02-16-2016, 12:25 PM
That is an incredible dream Amanda!! Love how vivid it was!

buffyfan145
02-16-2016, 05:06 PM
That is an incredible dream Amanda!! Love how vivid it was!

It was amazing. :) I tend to have vivid dreams sometimes and I got told once in a screenwriting class I took in college that's a sign of being a writer and to write these down as some will work as story ideas. Then I have these kinds where it makes me question the meanings but also the idea of seeing them interact when they were young was so great. This one for sure is going in my dream journal.

shunlvswx
02-23-2016, 06:40 AM
I had a great dream last night. I think the first since Glenn's death.

Ok. So I was the band's personal assistant. It was Thanksgiving. So we were getting ready for a Thanksgiving dinner. I was helping out the guys. The only two I can remember during this part was Don and Glenn. Someone ask me to fix the table which I did. The guest started to arrival. Somewhere during this time, Don and Glenn started to play Get Over It. Glenn picked up his guitar and started playing the solos to Get Over IT and somebody was singing it. It wasn't Don or Glenn. The Don in my dream was today's Don and the Glenn in my dream was 80s Glenn(No Fun Aloud era). So Don brings out a piece of paper with music tabs on there. So I told Don you and Glenn write great together. We both laugh.

Another part of the dream, Glenn had on white clothes. Glenn was almost dressed up like what he had on on his No Fun Aloud album cover. His shirt was literally unbutton except for two buttons. I told him something like, "you're trying some show some chest." We both laugh and then I said you and Don. So he goes to a room where I'm right there with him and he was trying to fix his shirt. It didn't work. His shirt was still unbutton. It was like a long string was closing up the shirt. Kinda like Don's vest he had on when he was promoting Cass County. A chain was kinda closing up the buttons.

Then another part of the dream, we were at the mall. IT was like nobody knew who they were. All I remembered in the dream was Don, Glenn and Bernie. I was locked arms with Glenn and he told something like you're one of our best personal assistant. They had another one before me and they enjoyed it.

Then I woke up. That was my first dream since Glenn's death that dreamed about Glenn and the other guys. I wanted to cry. I don't know what brought on that dream, but one of my favorites.

02-23-2016, 10:59 AM
Thanks everyone for sharing all of your dreams. They are all very interesting and some even downright weird.

My user name here is a bit deceiving because I rarely dream in my sleep and even if I do, I usually don't remember them. I'm more of a daydreamer. :thumbsup:

AlreadyGone95
02-23-2016, 12:33 PM
I'm the same way Dreamer. I can become oblivious to the outside world while daydreaming, but I can only remember a handful of dreams that I have. That Joe dream from over 8 months ago is the last dream that I can remember any details about.

Shun, that job sounds like the perfect dream job. Being a PA for an 80s Glenn.... nice!

Elizasong
02-23-2016, 05:50 PM
Wow! These are cool dreams! I never have such vivid dreams. I did have a dream with Glenn in it actually about a month before he passed.

I walked into this bar where you had to go up these stairs for the back stage area. At the top of the stairs is this big open room with tables and chairs. There were a few people walking around. Off of the big room was a smaller room and I glanced in. I saw the side view of Glenn. He was standing there in a suit, there was a clothes rack and he was speaking to some woman. I assumed it was his wardrobe and he was getting ready for a show. Then I quickly turned away because I didn't want them to see me looking in. I walked down the stairs again to what looked like and empty bar and then my dream ended.

Not as cool and vivid as the others but I thought it was strange that I had a dream with Glenn in it.

zeldabjr
05-14-2016, 12:03 AM
I had a dream when I took a nap today...I was plotting with a friend to go to Joe's show in Detroit...well in my dream...it was actually Ann Arbor MI that he was going to play...and we wanted to go so we could see his tribute to Glenn...we decided MI wasn't that far...and we would rent a van and pile into it..we were looking at maps and things...that's all I can remember..

WS82Classics
05-14-2016, 12:38 AM
I had a dream about them a few years back. The original Eagles lineup(Glenn, Bernie, Randy, & Don) and I were tearing up the countryside--Storming the fields and raiding the abandoned houses in the area. Desperado-like, in its own way. The song "Ol' 55" was playing in the dream.

To this day, the image of me looking from the top of that rickety stairwell down at the guys and exchanging plans of attack is still firmly planted in my brain.

Houston Baby
08-02-2019, 01:11 PM
Wow! Can't believe no one has posted on this thread since 2016!
I've had Glenn Frey dreams 2 nights in a row. I guess because Soda and I had talked recently about our regrets in not being able to attend the Bossier City concert in 2015, I dreamed Wednesday night that I was at the concert. I was sitting a few rows back from the stage and I could see Glenn leaning over and kissing people in the front row at the end of the concert. Besides being irritated that I was not on the front row getting a kiss, I was sad. I remember thinking that he must know this was going to be his last concert and I woke up very sad. :sad:

Houston Baby
08-02-2019, 01:43 PM
The dream last night was goofy! The past 2 mornings I have awoken to the news that a house in the Houston area had caught on fire so I am thinking that may have played a part in this dream.

I dreamed that I was house sitting. However at first I was unsure who I was house sitting for, but then I realized that I was at Glenn and Cindy's house. I wasn't sure how I got the job but I was excited. Then my sister and a friend came over and I was telling them not to touch or mess anything up because this was Glenn's house and I wanted to do a good job so maybe they would hire me again. It was funny because I don't remember how I got the job or even how I realized it was their house. About that time I am thinking there is something wrong and start looking around the house. Seems like something is not quite right in the kitchen but the neighbors come over and start telling us how nice Glenn and Cindy are and how they are great neighbors and that I better take good care of the house. :worried:
Then I realize there is smoke coming out of the stove and then flames. Oh my, what is Glenn going to think if his house burns? So I call the fire department and start hitting the flames with a wet towel all the while wondering is this the correct thing to do? I am thinking, is this stove electric or gas? Whatever, the flames go away and the fire department shows up and tells me I did good. :yay:

I wake up and never get to meet Glenn or Cindy! :mad:

Brooke
08-02-2019, 03:31 PM
Too funny on that last one HB! But really, any dream with Glenn in it, seen or not, has to be good! :lol:

The first one was good but I can imagine why you woke up sad. Dang, missing out on that kiss too! :heart:

sodascouts
08-03-2019, 11:09 AM
The dream last night was goofy! The past 2 mornings I have awoken to the news that a house in the Houston area had caught on fire so I am thinking that may have played a part in this dream.

I dreamed that I was house sitting. However at first I was unsure who I was house sitting for, but then I realized that I was at Glenn and Cindy's house. I wasn't sure how I got the job but I was excited. Then my sister and a friend came over and I was telling them not to touch or mess anything up because this was Glenn's house and I wanted to do a good job so maybe they would hire me again. It was funny because I don't remember how I got the job or even how I realized it was their house. About that time I am thinking there is something wrong and start looking around the house. Seems like something is not quite right in the kitchen but the neighbors come over and start telling us how nice Glenn and Cindy are and how they are great neighbors and that I better take good care of the house. :worried:
Then I realize there is smoke coming out of the stove and then flames. Oh my, what is Glenn going to think if his house burns? So I call the fire department and start hitting the flames with a wet towel all the while wondering is this the correct thing to do? I am thinking, is this stove electric or gas? Whatever, the flames go away and the fire department shows up and tells me I did good. :yay:

I wake up and never get to meet Glenn or Cindy! :mad:

Funny! Too bad you never got to meet Glenn!

sodascouts
08-03-2019, 11:10 AM
Wow! Can't believe no one has posted on this thread since 2016!
I've had Glenn Frey dreams 2 nights in a row. I guess because Soda and I had talked recently about our regrets in not being able to attend the Bossier City concert in 2015, I dreamed Wednesday night that I was at the concert. I was sitting a few rows back from the stage and I could see Glenn leaning over and kissing people in the front row at the end of the concert. Besides being irritated that I was not on the front row getting a kiss, I was sad. I remember thinking that he must know this was going to be his last concert and I woke up very sad. :sad:

Aw. I can see why this was a bummer. :(

08-03-2019, 12:26 PM
Thanks for sharing your dreams with us, HB. I agree that first one is kinda sad. And I rarely dream or, if I do, I rarely remember them. However, if I do remember them, they are usually the kind of nonsensical ones like your second one.

Glennsallnighter
08-08-2019, 08:13 PM
Thanks to all of you for sharing your dreams, particularly Shun and HB. I must say I'm surprised too that the thread lay idle for so long until it was revived. But I suppose early 2016 was a very upsetting and confusing time for so many of us.

I'm going to post a dream that I had just at the end of January 2016. I have shared it privately with some members of the Border but I was in a very bad place then and wasn't ready to post it generally just then. Putting it into context, for me Glenn :heart:'s death came as a very unexpected and awful shock. Some false posting on FB had led people to believe that he was recovering and doing well, and when I got the news it just hit me where it hurt hardest. Reading accounts of how/why he had died was even more upsetting. My apetite was gone, and every time I closed my eyes to sleep I had visions of him in a hospital bed ill and in pain. I was resorting to sedatives and more alcohol than was wise just to try to numb the emotional pain and get me through the day. Then my Mom was admitted into hospital which meant that someone had to look after my Dad who was in the advanced stages of Alzheimers. I took a week off from work and was overnighting in my parents house some evenings as he couldn't be left alone for any length of time.

So this particular Friday night (think it was the 29th January) Dad didn't go to bed until 2 am so I had to stay up till then. As I was in charge of him I decided I would be better not to take any sleeping tablets in case I would not hear if he got up and went to sleep in my old bedroom.

The following morning when I woke up I realised that I had been dreaming about Glenn :heart: all night. This was the first time I had dreamed about him since he had died. I was walking along a street near my home and he was walking along beside me, dressed in a suit. He looked relaxed and happy and there was no evidence of pain or suffering in his face. We weren't holding hands or anything but he was at my side. He said to me 'Tell Cindy I want her to finish the book' - Was this a reference to the autobiography he was rumoured to have been writing? He also had a cd in his hand. He didn't say so but it seemed implicit that it was new unpublished songs.

After that I woke up. The sun was streaming in the window and for some reason there was a very unique peaceful feeling in my bedroom. Almost like a spiritual presence. Its like he was THERE with me for that short while. I think to this day he was in some spiritual way. And it made me think that yes, he was ok. And I started to feel a tiny bit better for the first time.

Brooke
08-12-2019, 03:19 PM
Ga, such a sweet dream. I'm sure, at the time, that it helped you in your grief. :heart:

08-12-2019, 06:09 PM
Yep - I remember you talking about that dream when it happened. It's funny how life works, huh?

sodascouts
08-15-2019, 09:43 PM
Thanks to all of you for sharing your dreams, particularly Shun and HB. I must say I'm surprised too that the thread lay idle for so long until it was revived. But I suppose early 2016 was a very upsetting and confusing time for so many of us.

I'm going to post a dream that I had just at the end of January 2016. I have shared it privately with some members of the Border but I was in a very bad place then and wasn't ready to post it generally just then. Putting it into context, for me Glenn :heart:'s death came as a very unexpected and awful shock. Some false posting on FB had led people to believe that he was recovering and doing well, and when I got the news it just hit me where it hurt hardest. Reading accounts of how/why he had died was even more upsetting. My apetite was gone, and every time I closed my eyes to sleep I had visions of him in a hospital bed ill and in pain. I was resorting to sedatives and more alcohol than was wise just to try to numb the emotional pain and get me through the day. Then my Mom was admitted into hospital which meant that someone had to look after my Dad who was in the advanced stages of Alzheimers. I took a week off from work and was overnighting in my parents house some evenings as he couldn't be left alone for any length of time.

So this particular Friday night (think it was the 29th January) Dad didn't go to bed until 2 am so I had to stay up till then. As I was in charge of him I decided I would be better not to take any sleeping tablets in case I would not hear if he got up and went to sleep in my old bedroom.

The following morning when I woke up I realised that I had been dreaming about Glenn :heart: all night. This was the first time I had dreamed about him since he had died. I was walking along a street near my home and he was walking along beside me, dressed in a suit. He looked relaxed and happy and there was no evidence of pain or suffering in his face. We weren't holding hands or anything but he was at my side. He said to me 'Tell Cindy I want her to finish the book' - Was this a reference to the autobiography he was rumoured to have been writing? He also had a cd in his hand. He didn't say so but it seemed implicit that it was new unpublished songs.

After that I woke up. The sun was streaming in the window and for some reason there was a very unique peaceful feeling in my bedroom. Almost like a spiritual presence. Its like he was THERE with me for that short while. I think to this day he was in some spiritual way. And it made me think that yes, he was ok. And I started to feel a tiny bit better for the first time.

I've had meetings all week so I've just now read this, but I wanted to reply and say I'm so glad you were able to have this comforting dream at such a difficult time. :hug:

New Kid In Town
08-16-2019, 08:37 AM
GA - So glad the dream gave you comfort in what was a difficult time for you and everyone here.
I wonder if Cindy could be writing a book. That sure would be interesting.

Houston Baby
08-16-2019, 08:42 AM
Oh GA, what a sweet dream. Dreams like that are so special and can bring us so much comfort. Thank you for sharing!

Elle81
01-29-2021, 11:01 PM
a little backstory before I describe my dream. I enjoy cemeteries, I love to look at the headstones and read the descriptions, and see the little mementos that people leave behind. I don't see a cemetery as a scary place. Anyways, in my dream I was walking in a random cemetery at night and Glenn was with me (he looked the same way as he did in the picture of him that Soda has as her avatar), and we stop and watch two gravediggers shovel dirt out of a grave. I opened my mouth to say something and Glenn put his hand on my shoulder and said "you need to wake up now, darlin'"

I'm thinking it was because I had been listening to a lot of his solo work lately, that he decided to pop up in my dreams. Plus the news story I saw about a cemetery getting vandalized probably helped my subconscious mind set the mood. Whatever the reason, I'm glad I woke up when I did, because I caught my roommate's kid up at 3 a.m. playing and being super loud.

Elle81
08-09-2021, 01:39 PM
I dreamed of Glenn again last night. He and I were just sitting in a room talking.

What's strange is that, in my dream Glenn was the age he was during the HOTE tour. Just before going to bed, I saw on Facebook that Eagles Fastlane post images of the Time magazine pictures. The pics they showed were from the 70s, which is my favorite era of Glenn (he was such a cutie back then!). And yet in my dream, he was older. Funny how your subconscious works sometimes.

KingWalsh
08-10-2021, 04:05 AM
Strange Elle……I had a weird one the other day. First, I rarely dream so when I do it’s wow! Ha ha. So it was rather quick and in black and white (odd to say the least) and the guys were getting on a plane, long run era. And Joe turns to Glenn who was behind him and says “The Labare(so?)”…like sortof rushed, annoyed like. which in turn Glenn does the same and it’s as if I am behind Glenn (he turns to me) Don off to his side. I have no idea what the labare is and if that’s spelled right :rofl:

Elle81
08-10-2021, 11:19 AM
oh wow KW, that is a weird one. I can easily decipher dreams and that has me perplexed. :spin:

08-10-2021, 01:57 PM
Thanks for sharing these dreams. I rarely dream, but when I do they can be very perplexing.

Scamp
08-11-2021, 08:54 AM
Strange Elle……I had a weird one the other day. First, I rarely dream so when I do it’s wow! Ha ha. So it was rather quick and in black and white (odd to say the least) and the guys were getting on a plane, long run era. And Joe turns to Glenn who was behind him and says “The Labare(so?)”…like sortof rushed, annoyed like. which in turn Glenn does the same and it’s as if I am behind Glenn (he turns to me) Don off to his side. I have no idea what the labare is and if that’s spelled right :rofl:

Maybe the name for the plane they were using?? Older smaller plane then they were used to..
LOL I hate that when I do dream and remember it, or some of it, the next day and can't make sense of it.
Maybe you'll have a rerun on night..If so take notes..LOL

WalshFan88
09-22-2021, 02:00 AM
So I had a very scatterbrained dream the other night, but it involved Glenn and to a much lesser extent, the rest of the Eagles. It seemed to be LROOE era, or F1. Bernie was not there so I'm thinking it wasn't the HOTE tour lineup. However Steuart was there and not Felder, so that points to F1-LROOE era Eagles and Glenn looked like it too.

The dream started and skipped around more than my dreams normally do and it's hazy in some places. It's almost like a record that skips, lol.

I remember I was first talking to Steuart and it seemed we were backstage somewhere where there was other artists and very busy backstage area. Maybe an award show or something. I was complimenting him on his playing and asking him guitar geek questions. Then somehow I passed by Don and Tim who were nice enough but said hello and went their separate ways. I talked to Joe a little more than those two, but not as much as Stu or Glenn. Joe said hi and I told him he sounded awesome tonight and that he was my idol. Then somehow I connected with Glenn who was sitting on a barstool or some chair with no arms and no back (which later plays into my story). He had his Takamine 12-String with him. He wasn't playing it but was just holding it by the neck and upright. I told him how much the Eagles music meant to me and how much I loved the show. He seemed to be very friendly and asked me about my guitars and what I liked and seemed genuinely interested in what I was telling him, LOL. Anyway, somehow Glenn all of a sudden fell over off the stool and landed on his guitar. He didn't get hurt but he broke his guitar right in the middle of the neck (which is a very unusual but almost always irreparable break area, fwiw) . He seemed sad about it but it didn't affect his mood. He basically said "Damn, I traveled a lot of miles with that one and used it in a lot of shows but I have a backup". He then had his tech but the guitar (now in two pieces) in the big trash can backstage hahaha. He said he had to go but he enjoyed our conversation. I got the idea he was kind of looking down on me not condescendingly but rather as he saw me as a son or someone he could mentor or help in some fashion.. I think I was a teen in this dream but i never saw myself but by the way Glenn was talking to me, it was like he was talking to a kid. That said, in a good way.

I wish it would have been more detailed with less fuzzy memory of the interactions with the rest of the guys and anything else Glenn might have said in the dream. I think my dreams always have recent things I've had happen, read about, watched, discuss, etc and then will make a dream concoction out of those elements. I have been recently getting into some LROOE era band footage and music and also reading about Steuart so I think it all makes sense. I've also been thinking lately about Glenn and how he was more influential to me than I ever knew early on in my Eagles fandom. Glenn was a guy I would have loved to have met. I think I would probably click with him easier than someone like Don H, just personality wise. I think I'm probably too much like Don in some ways in all honesty and I know from experience two peas in a pod isn't always a good thing and there is a good reason why opposites attract. :lol: Two similar/identical personalities can bring a lot of tension and drama. Yin/yang is good!

09-22-2021, 12:28 PM
Very interesting dream and insights, Austin. Thanks for sharing. I will saying from my own experiences, Glenn was a very approachable person. To the general public, he may appeared to be aloof, but he was actually very personable when interacting one-on-one.

KingWalsh
09-23-2021, 07:25 AM
Thanks for sharing Walshfan, very interesting. Dreams always fascinate me. Wish I had more. Thanks for the insight dreamer.

MarthaJo56
04-16-2022, 04:28 PM
I haven't had Eagles dream for a long time. , But I did last night.
In my Eagles & Glenn dreams, Glenn is almost always elusive. He is kind to me , like I'm his friend, but it's like I'm chasing after him, to be in his company. We will hang out together, but he is always just "the friend".
Last night, though, he was different. And very bizarre.

We were hanging out with the rest of the band. I don't recall seeing anyone but Bernie Leadon, but I know they were all there. We were in a house---someone's living room. But, instead of me pursuing Glenn, Glenn pursued me and was attentive. He sat with me me and wanted to be with me. He went shopping with me--like a small town downtown area, a little village. We laughed and talked. Like in Hallmark movie.

It was, by way, Glenn from The Long Run era.

At the end of the dream, I was sitting at home--not my current home, but a big Victorian house. I was outside, and a big trailer pulled up. I walked around to the other side of it, and there was Glenn, standing next to an antique flower bed. He handed me a present. It was a really big, wooden antique ginger jar! He said, "This is for you", gave me a hug and kiss. Then I woke up.
2649And needless to say, I woke up happy. I've been having a good day, too.

FreyFollower
04-17-2022, 02:12 AM
That was a great one, MJ! I think I'd have rolled over and went back to sleep!;):laugh:

04-18-2022, 08:51 PM
Yep - very cool dream, MJ. Thanks for sharing it with us.

MarthaJo56
06-11-2022, 12:14 PM
So, I had another one the other night. But this one was really bizarre. and a bit frightening.
I was at a 70's kind of party, outdoors. Some of you might remember those. Sometimes it was a kegger, pig roast or whatever.

Anyway, the Eagles were setting up. It turns out I was going to be their drummer. Glenn told me that Don Henley was not going to be there, so I had to play!!! I was setting up the drums. It was one bass drum, a snare, and boatloads of cymbals and a hi-hat. The drumsticks they gave me were the size of my thumbs. I remeber remarking that there were no toms...no side toms, no floor toms.
After the first song, which I don't know what it was...maybe Take it Easy. I struggled through it and Timothy told me I was playing a bit too fast. I abruptly ran to the bathroom and tried to get my self together. I could hear them playing "Already Gone"
When I got back to the band, Don was there. I was thankful to hand the drums back to him, but he said I was doing a good job.
Then I woke up.
To analyze it, I'm thinking it has a lot to do with my latest endeavor. I'm the manager of a theater venue through a non-profit arts organization. One of the board members is somewhat misogynistic and is constantly questioning my ability to do my job. I finally passive-aggressively told him the other day, in person, that I know what I'm doing. Other board members (all women) have told him to back off.
My Kevin has about punched him a couple of times.
It makes me feel good that my favorite band has confidence in me. If only in my dreams.

FreyFollower
06-13-2022, 10:16 AM
Some people can be so infuriating!:scowl:
But it's always great to to get encouragement from people whose opinions you value (even in dreams!).:nod:
I could use some, for sure!